• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

Dan_Deerso #541 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 20086 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostSturmgeschutz1, on 18 May 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Something that needs improvement is the current versions of the Leopard family class of tanks. The way paper thin armor on current versions is outdated. We can have “Fakehammer” incorporated into the game but not any real improvements on tanks that really need it. Sure, the Leo Prototype and Leo 1 hit ok but it’s a joke for anything beyond mid range team support. I’ve killed 4 in one battle with it but had to remain stand-offish to accomplish the feat. Bring in Leopard 5A2 as it’s designed and let’s see how things are. There is no balancing excuses, but mere greatly known fear of what it will do to challenge and cancel selected preferred era tanks on the battlefields. What ... wotb..., not willing to chance it? Let see what you all are really made of. 

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: You (yes YOU reading this) being bad in a tank does not make the tank bad. Stop asking for buffs on tanks that clearly don't need them simply because your personal skill ceiling was somewhere around tier 6.

The Leopard tanks at tiers 9 and 10 are some of the most capable tanks in the game. They also take a bit more skill than a Pz. 38H or a DW2 to drive. 350 damage on a speedy platform with decent camo is pretty nice to have if you know how to use it. The tier 10 even has 9 degrees of gun depression, which is a fantastic advantage. The guns are laser pointers and are some of the most accurate guns in the game. The Leo 1 has one of the best acceleration factors in the game, rivaling those on the fastest light tanks in the game. The only balancing factor on the Leopard tanks is the lack of armor, and if you can't deal with that, you're at too high of a tier.

mlacunza #542 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 40136 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 18 May 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

Ribble, I just had a draw in my AMX 40 I was stock grinding on another account. I basically carried a 1v6, my hands were sweaty and shaking by the end because I was on 6 kills, going for my 7th. But when I found the last guy alive, he was camping on one of the bridges on Lost Temple, hadn't moved, or fired, all game, and I found him 10 seconds to end-game, on full health. 

Needless to say, I lost out on my well-deserved 7th kill, because the game timed out.

I know that because the majority of the playerbase is retarded it wouldn't do much good for most, but could you maybe ask the Devs about elongating the battle timer to 8 minutes? For those of us that can hold our own, it would be a very helpful change, since most of us here know what it feels like to lose that massive carry, either because the timer flat out timed out, or because we had to make a hasty and foolhardy move due to the time. 

So you dont get the Rais and you want more time?? funny.. most of the battles finish in the first minute...

Saludos!

mlacunza #543 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 40136 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 18 May 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: You (yes YOU reading this) being bad in a tank does not make the tank bad. Stop asking for buffs on tanks that clearly don't need them simply because your personal skill ceiling was somewhere around tier 6.

The Leopard tanks at tiers 9 and 10 are some of the most capable tanks in the game. They also take a bit more skill than a Pz. 38H or a DW2 to drive. 350 damage on a speedy platform with decent camo is pretty nice to have if you know how to use it. The tier 10 even has 9 degrees of gun depression, which is a fantastic advantage. The guns are laser pointers and are some of the most accurate guns in the game. The Leo 1 has one of the best acceleration factors in the game, rivaling those on the fastest light tanks in the game. The only balancing factor on the Leopard tanks is the lack of armor, and if you can't deal with that, you're at too high of a tier.

+1

Is not the tank, is the driver.... :P

Saludos!

j0nn0 #544 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 15940 battles
  • [XREGZ]

View Postmlacunza, on 18 May 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

+1

Is not the tank, is the driver.... :P

Most of the time. There are some that are debatable such as the pre-buff CGC, St. Emil, post neutering SP1C, and pre-buff T-71. YMMV of course, but those were simply excruciating to play. Haven’t tried the CGC since they buffed it’s front plate.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

BrickSniper33A #545 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles

View Postmlacunza, on 18 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

So you dont get the Rais and you want more time?? funny.. most of the battles finish in the first minute...

I admitted that most games end very quickly. But for those of us that can actually play, when we have those amazing games, often just a little more time on the clock could go miles. 

Just because you don't actually know how to carry like that, so never have such situations, doesn't mean others don't.

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

mlacunza #546 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 40136 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 18 May 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

I admitted that most games end very quickly. But for those of us that can actually play, when we have those amazing games, often just a little more time on the clock could go miles. 

Just because you don't actually know how to carry like that, so never have such situations, doesn't mean others don't.

HAHAHa dont cry baby...

Saludos!

Oicraftian #547 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14318 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostSturmgeschutz1, on 18 May 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Something that needs improvement is the current versions of the Leopard family class of tanks. The way paper thin armor on current versions is outdated. We can have “Fakehammer” incorporated into the game but not any real improvements on tanks that really need it. Sure, the Leo Prototype and Leo 1 hit ok but it’s a joke for anything beyond mid range team support. I’ve killed 4 in one battle with it but had to remain stand-offish to accomplish the feat. Bring in Leopard 5A2 as it’s designed and let’s see how things are. There is no balancing excuses, but mere greatly known fear of what it will do to challenge and cancel selected preferred era tanks on the battlefields. What ... wotb..., not willing to chance it? Let see what you all are really made of. 

the Leopard 2A5 is like 2000's era tech. The youngest Soviet tank in game is like 1961.

The youngest NATO tank is the M48A5API Patton from late 1976, just with the wrong hull.

Remember all. Russian bias.

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

RommelTanker #548 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 1692 battles
  • [43MB]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 17 May 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

People ask about bringing the GUP tanks back a lot but I was wondering if you guys might plan on introducing any additional ones? For example a GuP Panther with stock turret and gun at tier 6 which would basically be a VK 30.02 M with slightly better hull armor. That is essentially what the Kuro Mori Mine is compared to the VK 36.01H. That way people get to play the famous Panther in its true form (without the ahistorical modules) in its intended environment fighting against Shermans and T-34s. Wether you’re a fan of the show or not (I’m not), these are historical tanks that fit into the game nicely. This would be an excellent addition that would boost interest in the game imo.

Go play War Thunder if you want historical accuracy. T-34s and Shermans can't pen the Panther chassis from the front, and can barely penetrate the side with APCR shell. The turret is the same story.

EDIT: I forgot that no one here knows there were four Panthers.

The Panther Ausf. D is the WoT VK 30,02 M. It was the original Panther.

The Panther Ausf. A is the Tier VII WoT Panther with the gun from the VK

The Panther Ausf G is an upgraded version of the A

The Panther Ausf. F is actually the WoT Panther with the stock 75mm gun (No this is not a joke. Take a look:)

Spoiler

And then the Panther II is a Panther with better armor and the 88mm KwK 43.

Edited by RommelTanker, 21 May 2018 - 03:42 PM.

I'm sick and tired of seeing pointless bickering nowadays. It's disgusting and shows the poor state that the human mind and psyche is in. Rise above the others. Don't bow to the level of those who try to reinforce the poor human psyche. Make every effort possible to make sure humanity doesn't spiral down and burn in flames at the bottom.

"Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky full of stars? Well, I do." -Chester Bennington. RIP

WMd76 #549 Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36034 battles
  • [PNCR]
Can we just add side skirts to the leo 1. Most if not all leopard 1s have side skirts. I know it woulsnt do much. But it would make my leo look even better

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Oicraftian #550 Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14318 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostRommelTanker, on 21 May 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Go play War Thunder if you want historical accuracy. T-34s and Shermans can't pen the Panther chassis from the front, and can barely penetrate the side with APCR shell. The turret is the same story.

war Thunder has been deliberately reducing the performance of, particularly Soviet tanks, but also some NATO, in the name of "Balance".

Sure a full team 1945+ Tiger II/late 1944 Tiger II P vs a T-34 85 from 1943 is "fair". Or for that matter historically accurate.

It's not as if the Germans recalled all PzGr 40 from service. No way.

i mean, it's not as if the German tree is hilariously over performing, no way.

Please don't lump us in with you

lol no

vk 30.02 M is pre production prototype with 60mm UFP and critical deficiencies that don't involve terrible design.

Actually ours is an Ausf G, please don't lie.

more like the one with fewer crippling deficiencies.

The Panther Ausf. F is actually the WoT Panther with the stock 75mm gun (No this is not a joke. Take a look:)

Panther F gets around to improving comically poor turret ergonomics, by introducing a smaller turret. And improves the readily pathetic armor per weight.

Spoiler

which is actually fake but, you know, Russian bias

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

Chariot_Solace #551 Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 27383 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostRommelTanker, on 21 May 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Spoiler

That argument ridiculous. As if it’s so much to ask for a game full of real tanks to have a few bits of realism included. Just because there ahistorical aspects to the game, they should just make everything ahistorical? Get real. And they can pen it just fine. It will be just as easy to pen as the Kuro. Not to mention in PC, the VK 30.02 M has the same frontal armor specs as the Panther I AND the have a tank called the Pudel at tier 6 which is exactly what I’m calling for. Panther I with stock(historical) turret and gun just moved down a tier. So sorry, but you made no points.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34

RibbleStripe #552 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 18 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

I know that because the majority of the playerbase is retarded it wouldn't do much good for most, but could you maybe ask the Devs about elongating the battle timer to 8 minutes? For those of us that can hold our own, it would be a very helpful change, since most of us here know what it feels like to lose that massive carry, either because the timer flat out timed out, or because we had to make a hasty and foolhardy move due to the time. 

No sense to do it. Such situations (when you have no time to kill the last enemy) are possible despite of battle duration. 7 minutes are optimal.

Discord - RibbleStripe#2701

MERKAVA_MBTS #553 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19488 battles
  • [-M--]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Here come future buffs.

STB-1 - aiming time and dispersion.

E50M - reload and aiming time.

WZ-120 - reload time for 122 mm gun.

T49 - aiming time and dispersion for 90 mm gun.

AMX 13 90 - mobility and dispersion of turret/hull movement.

M 41 90 - aiming time and dispersion.

Hey RibbleStripe can u guys look at T20 tier 7. Does it need a buff in DPM?  Tier 7 is DPM king for meds and almost any medium tanks have under 6 seconds reload yet T20 has like 6.7 sec fully equipped with bells and whistles

RibbleStripe #554 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View PostMERKAVA_MBTS, on 22 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hey RibbleStripe can u guys look at T20 tier 7. Does it need a buff in DPM?  Tier 7 is DPM king for meds and almost any medium tanks have under 6 seconds reload yet T20 has like 6.7 sec fully equipped with bells and whistles

T20 is fine. It stays in the middle of medium tanks chart quite long - we have no reason to change it.

As for my personal experience i didn't notice any lack of DPM when playing it. And i did pretty well )

Discord - RibbleStripe#2701

_rubberduck #555 Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 May 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Here come future buffs.

STB-1 - aiming time and dispersion.

E50M - reload and aiming time.

WZ-120 - reload time for 122 mm gun.

T49 - aiming time and dispersion for 90 mm gun.

AMX 13 90 - mobility and dispersion of turret/hull movement.

M 41 90 - aiming time and dispersion.

Can we have a time table please? Is this 5.0?

WMd76 #556 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36034 battles
  • [PNCR]
[edited]. E50M getting a buff? Its already really good. To add dpm, its only downside would make it op. Good thing i have one

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Commander_Spinster #557 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26607 battles
  • [MSELF]

Where is the WZ Blaze standing in their 7 TDs?

Also any data on the T-34-3?

johnnyzim #558 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23957 battles
  • [NORM]

Hi Ribble, 

Are there any plans to look at (buff) The IS2-Sh? It seems so underperforming.

Edited by johnnyzim, 22 May 2018 - 02:55 PM.

MERKAVA_MBTS #559 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19488 battles
  • [-M--]
Every player clings to its tank lol 

T1tanic #560 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1556 battles
  • [COWAT]
Can we get the historically inaccurate 3cm autocannon removed from the Tier 5 Leopard.  If required maybe replace it with the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 to vary game play (rapid fire high pen 5cm or derpy 7.5 cm)

17 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 15 guests, 1 anonymous users

RibbleStripe