Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

somnamber #581 Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2610 battles
  • [FON]

How about changing the way your match making works?  I’ve played lots where my team has only a thousand or so xp but the enemy has tens or hundreds of thousands.  Doesn’t seem at all fail

RibbleStripe #582 Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postsomnamber, on 01 June 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

How about changing the way your match making works?  I’ve played lots where my team has only a thousand or so xp but the enemy has tens or hundreds of thousands.  Doesn’t seem at all fail

That's how random battles work. Experienced players can be your enemies or allies with the same chance. If you don't like random matchmaker you can fight in rating battles.

RoadKutter #583 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 31350 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 June 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

That's how random battles work. Experienced players can be your enemies or allies with the same chance. If you don't like random matchmaker you can fight in rating battles.

Lol, who has 10 minutes to wait around for one match? A lot of times there is only enough players for 3v3. 

Ghosting reds since 2014

I_Love_Boosters #584 Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 27905 battles
  • [MSELF]

View PostRoadKutter, on 06 June 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Lol, who has 10 minutes to wait around for one match? A lot of times there is only enough players for 3v3. 

Nevermind that, consider that some of our top players in the NA barely made it into Platinum and if I remember correctly nobody made it into diamond.

I got put in the Top of the Silver League, I no for a fact I am not the best player but determining my rating solely on the whole team really doesn't reflect well, especially when I have a 5k damage heart breaker and I still get dinged really hard.

theFANTASTICfox #585 Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 21199 battles
  • [DD-R]

View PostOnly_Monica, on 06 June 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Nevermind that, consider that some of our top players in the NA barely made it into Platinum and if I remember correctly nobody made it into diamond.

I got put in the Top of the Silver League, I no for a fact I am not the best player but determining my rating solely on the whole team really doesn't reflect well, especially when I have a 5k damage heart breaker and I still get dinged really hard.

I got thrown into the lower gold league

After spending months getting up to 4800 rating

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

Petesjk #586 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 42597 battles
  • [MINE]

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 06 June 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

I got thrown into the lower gold league

After spending months getting up to 4800 rating

It’s crazy, and it doesn’t make any sense.  I would see all these players with higher ratings, but win rates under 45%.  You would expect ratings games to weed out people like this, instead it only seems to encourage freeloading.  My hope with ratings games was that it would only attract the better, competitive players, but it clearly doesn’t.  I see a lot of kids using it for practice since it doesn’t count towards their record, and they get more rewards than regular games.  The gameplay ends up being more frustrating than regular games.  This isn’t worth waiting for.  Plus half the time I experience lag.  Blitz needs some reorganization, especially with their servers.

Edited by Petesjk, 06 June 2018 - 09:53 PM.

_MuleSkinner_ #587 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 307 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 June 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

Corporate searing of conscience. Hope you get out before its too late. Same chance schmance.

_8BallAngel_ #588 Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 36579 battles

this whole balance garbage is just that.... garbage! ive been playing this game since late 2014 and i chose my veh.'s based on the characteristics they had at the time... no updated nerfed them... heck i didnt think that was a possibity... i mean how can you balance the historical characteristics if something? especially war eqipment---improvements is how it works in the real world.. adding to capabilties, but never reducing  them.

i served 6 years as a anti-armour parachute-infantryman and i dont recall any frickn balancing accuring back then i even spent my last enlistment working with arms manufacturers (ratheon, lockead-marten) developing infantry anti-armour weapon systems....  i know soft-bodied tech guys no nothing of what im talking about and i bet would puke if they just smelled a tank after  it had been smoked; on the other gand,   screwing those of us that worked hard for our tanks so the unskilled can stay unskilled by "balancing" isnt so hard for them

Balance shmalance! if the tanks are weaker in some characteristic than others... well u use to have to develope and hone ur skills to be effectively competitive... i never had the feeling of getting screwed until all this "balancing" speak and emplemetation therof started... wot is either listening to the whiners feedback; or the reasons have another intent... (they know what im talking about... dont ya'll) well wg wont gett any from me till it stops... oh and ur MM balancing (again they know what im talking about) stops as well.. at least with my acount... make me loyal again and i got no problem helping to add to the revinue flow... nit till then tho. 

off my soap box now.

VikkoTheTusken #589 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:49 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19226 battles
  • [III-H]

View Post11H2P_1_505th_PIR, on 08 June 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

this whole balance garbage is just that.... garbage! ive been playing this game since late 2014 and i chose my veh.'s based on the characteristics they had at the time... no updated nerfed them... heck i didnt think that was a possibity... i mean how can you balance the historical characteristics if something? especially war eqipment---improvements is how it works in the real world.. adding to capabilties, but never reducing  them.

i served 6 years as a anti-armour parachute-infantryman and i dont recall any frickn balancing accuring back then i even spent my last enlistment working with arms manufacturers (ratheon, lockead-marten) developing infantry anti-armour weapon systems....  i know soft-bodied tech guys no nothing of what im talking about and i bet would puke if they just smelled a tank after  it had been smoked; on the other gand,   screwing those of us that worked hard for our tanks so the unskilled can stay unskilled by "balancing" isnt so hard for them

Balance shmalance! if the tanks are weaker in some characteristic than others... well u use to have to develope and hone ur skills to be effectively competitive... i never had the feeling of getting screwed until all this "balancing" speak and emplemetation therof started... wot is either listening to the whiners feedback; or the reasons have another intent... (they know what im talking about... dont ya'll) well wg wont gett any from me till it stops... oh and ur MM balancing (again they know what im talking about) stops as well.. at least with my acount... make me loyal again and i got no problem helping to add to the revinue flow... nit till then tho. 

off my soap box now.

The misspellings and your ERB as your avatar handle make my 20 years and 31B5M_8_D7_V5_1B insist that you sit this one out. 

Edited by VikkoTheTusken, 10 June 2018 - 11:04 PM.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

anonym_juSDY1AMtEkz #590 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Love the gif tusken

Kiilu #591 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14599 battles
  • [RLWAR]

View Postoicram1, on 14 May 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Would it be too much to ask for a tiny buff to the pen go the Type 62?? Just a touch please Ribble?

Yes it needs help:arta:

Free_Jack_Of_Trades #592 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33353 battles
  • [-VB-]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 June 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

How about WG fix the Rating so you don't wait 10 min in the queue, this is very poor solution you are offering here, I understand you are the face of the company on the forum and only can relay things that WG will actually do, but it's awful user experience and I speak as professional in the field. The way that application code is refactored and constant performance issue that you guys have on the servers, doesn't take much to figure out that your latency for production server is just awful there is no other word to describe it. Regression testing scope WG covers isn't impressive at all as you guys constantly introducing new bugs. This is the user experience we are getting on ALL servers not just NA. 

Edited by Freejack1977, 13 June 2018 - 03:53 PM.

-VB-  Discord  https://discord.gg/7J6qnFQ

RibbleStripe #593 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostFreejack1977, on 13 June 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

How about WG fix the Rating so you don't wait 10 min in the queue, this is very poor solution you are offering here, I understand you are the face of the company on the forum and only can relay things that WG will actually do, but it's awful user experience and I speak as professional in the field. The way that application code is refactored and constant performance issue that you guys have on the servers, doesn't take much to figure out that your latency for production server is just awful there is no other word to describe it. Regression testing scope WG covers isn't impressive at all as you guys constantly introducing new bugs. This is the user experience we are getting on ALL servers not just NA. 

The only way to reduce waiting time is to soften matchmaker requirements and to let him put together players with significant rating differences. Making such changes are controversial to say the least. Can we call such mode rating battles if we do that? I don't think so...

Free_Jack_Of_Trades #594 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33353 battles
  • [-VB-]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 June 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

The only way to reduce waiting time is to soften matchmaker requirements and to let him put together players with significant rating differences. Making such changes are controversial to say the least. Can we call such mode rating battles if we do that? I don't think so...

This question for company architects and designers, but my point is client side suffers either way so it's not a good solution.  The whole user experience is broken here in my opinion.
-VB-  Discord  https://discord.gg/7J6qnFQ

Chariot_Solace #595 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 32375 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 June 2018 - 02:55 AM, said:

What about the queue times for platoons in ratings battles? They are ridiculously long. I’ve waited 10 minutes without getting into a battle. If I remember correctly it’s because the match maker is trying to find an extremely similar platoon to match you against. This is totally unnecessary in my opinion. It’s already a ratings battle where everyone is of similar skill, so it shouldn’t matter if one team has a platoon and not the other.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille, IS-7. Lines I'm Grinding: STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII), FV215B(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i, T-34-2

BrickSniper33A #596 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65 battles

Ribble, I see that WG has (according to my sources) decided to make the FV201 (A45) a tier 8 premium heavy tank.

I've played the tank a few times on PC, and it is far from what I would call a competitive tier 7 heavy. With none-existent hull armor, a terribly mediocre 17pdr, average mobility, and a temperamental turret.

So I'm inclined to ask, what plans does WG have for making this a competitive tier 8 heavy tank? Because honestly, if all you guys are doing with it is basically making it 10% better over all then bumping it up a tier, well I think the Panther 8,8 will have a new rival for 'Worst Tank In Tier Eight.'

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Oicraftian #597 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 14 June 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Ribble, I see that WG has (according to my sources) decided to make the FV201 (A45) a tier 8 premium heavy tank.

I've played the tank a few times on PC, and it is far from what I would call a competitive tier 7 heavy. With none-existent hull armor, a terribly mediocre 17pdr, average mobility, and a temperamental turret.

So I'm inclined to ask, what plans does WG have for making this a competitive tier 8 heavy tank? Because honestly, if all you guys are doing with it is basically making it 10% better over all then bumping it up a tier, well I think the Panther 8,8 will have a new rival for 'Worst Tank In Tier Eight.'

SU-101 :trollface:

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

matshmoto #598 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Players
  • 16961 battles
  • [-SFB-]
Apoyo eso

Dan_Deerso #599 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21661 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Post11H2P_1_505th_PIR, on 08 June 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

off my soap box now.

So, what I'm reading here in this mess of a "paragraph", term used loosely, is that you want to be able to pick a tank off of the tech tree that can overwhelm others of a similar tier without input of skill from the driver. Or maybe you're still under the incorrect assumption that Matchmaker takes account of skill in random matches. It does not. Improve your ability to convey ideas, please.

The system isn't rigged against you, if anything the whole game is rigged in your favor as a player of average ability, as all tanks that require some level of skill to make shine are constantly having those little quirks filed off. This means the gap between you and a good player is that much smaller, giving you a better chance of winning in a fight.

I'll be happy to explain the finer points if you'd like to, just give the word.

michaeItsoon #600 Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10 battles
  • [PZ3]

View Post11H2P_1_505th_PIR, on 09 June 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

off my soap box now.

"Anti-armor parachute infantryman"

Lol wut?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users