• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

Strigonx #601 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3280 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post11H2P_1_505th_PIR, on 09 June 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

this whole balance garbage is just that.... garbage! ive been playing this game since late 2014 and i chose my veh.'s based on the characteristics they had at the time... no updated nerfed them... heck i didnt think that was a possibity... i mean how can you balance the historical characteristics if something? especially war eqipment---improvements is how it works in the real world.. adding to capabilties, but never reducing  them.

i served 6 years as a anti-armour parachute-infantryman and i dont recall any frickn balancing accuring back then i even spent my last enlistment working with arms manufacturers (ratheon, lockead-marten) developing infantry anti-armour weapon systems....  i know soft-bodied tech guys no nothing of what im talking about and i bet would puke if they just smelled a tank after  it had been smoked; on the other gand,   screwing those of us that worked hard for our tanks so the unskilled can stay unskilled by "balancing" isnt so hard for them

Balance shmalance! if the tanks are weaker in some characteristic than others... well u use to have to develope and hone ur skills to be effectively competitive... i never had the feeling of getting screwed until all this "balancing" speak and emplemetation therof started... wot is either listening to the whiners feedback; or the reasons have another intent... (they know what im talking about... dont ya'll) well wg wont gett any from me till it stops... oh and ur MM balancing (again they know what im talking about) stops as well.. at least with my acount... make me loyal again and i got no problem helping to add to the revinue flow... nit till then tho. 

off my soap box now.

This is why eating tide pods isn't right

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

Commander_Spinster #602 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:10 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26498 battles
  • [MSELF]
So where does the T-34-3 and the WZ Blaze stand in their tiers? Waited for that data a couple months so it would be accurate, will these tanks get buffs?

RibbleStripe #603 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View PostOnly_Monica, on 18 June 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

So where does the T-34-3 and the WZ Blaze stand in their tiers? Waited for that data a couple months so it would be accurate, will these tanks get buffs?

Blaze is okay, T-34-3 needs buff and we'll think how to improve it.
Discord - RibbleStripe#2701

WipWapJaws #604 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 37894 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 14 June 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

The only way to reduce waiting time is to soften matchmaker requirements and to let him put together players with significant rating differences. Making such changes are controversial to say the least. Can we call such mode rating battles if we do that? I don't think so...

Ribble 

How about encouraging players to play ratings battles.  Give players a higher credit coefficient for their tank when they play ratings battles or increased free xp per battle.  I like ratings battles but at the moment I don’t play it much as I don’t like the wait times.

Commander_Spinster #605 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26498 battles
  • [MSELF]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 June 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

Sorry to add this, I also meant to inquire about the T28 HTC as well.

BrickSniper33A #606 Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 June 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

T-34-3 needs buff and we'll think how to improve it.

If so, that basically means that the T-34-2 is also in need of a buff, because it's literally just a T-34-3 with worse armor and better aim-time. Right?

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Blartch #607 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52178 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 June 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

I'll save you the time and trouble... DPM

Just because, I'll add some more free observations.

Tier 8, especially, is a DPM game.  Everybody and their brother's cat gets into an IS# and drives straight into your face.  Because IS# have so many hp, unreasonably bounce stuff they shouldn't, and may opposing tanks have so little DPM, they don't get rightly punished for this silliness... they bounce and laugh and shoot their derpy shells and think it's grand.  Tanks opposing the IS# have to resort to prammo (further reducing their DPM), likely bounce a few shots (further reducing their DPM) and have to struggle to maneuver and bait shots out of the IS# (further reducing DPM).  Because of the equipment changes to optics and traverse, spotting and maneuver are incredibly difficult to actually use successfully... it's all a game of shoot and avoid getting shot.

There is no place in an competitive game at tier 8 for a tank that would take over a minute to kill an opposing AFK heavy tank it'll likely see (and probably 4 of them).  There is no place for a tank that has less DPM than its tier FIVE predecessor.  Think of it... this tank spawns into a game with 6 AFK players on green, and all 7 red IS# drive towards the T-34-2/3 backwards... it'll probably end in a draw, because the T-34-2/3 CANNOT put out the damage to cope.  The Type 59 is enough of a struggle, the T-34-2/3 are just silly.  Moreover, the armor and maneuverability aren't even that great to offset the sheer megasuck of its gunnery.

So there's that.  If you'd like to save yourselves a bunch of rubles on R&D for buffs and nerfs, I've played (nearly) everything and can toss gruff, unpleasant advice at you all day long.

Edited by Blartch, 18 June 2018 - 07:22 PM.

Ookla_the_Mok #608 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:23 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 26715 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostBlartch, on 18 June 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

So there's that.  If you'd like to save yourselves a bunch of rubles on R&D for buffs and nerfs, I've played (nearly) everything and can toss gruff, unpleasant advice at you all day long.

How do I subscribe to this service?

RibbleStripe #609 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

OK guys, here's what we plan for near future (not 5.0 :)):

• WZ-110 - hit points value and rate of fire will be weakened;
  • LTTB - hull and turret frontal armor will be weakened;
  • T-34-2 and T-34-3 -  turret frontal armor will be improved.

View PostBlartch, on 18 June 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'll save you the time and trouble... DPM

We want these vehicles to be different. High single shot damage and solid turret should determine special gameplay - that's what we hope to see.

Discord - RibbleStripe#2701

SpartacusDiablo #610 Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 15124 battles
Words cannot describe how disappointed I am to hear that there's going to be another nerf to the lttb. :(

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 19 June 2018 - 12:16 PM.

therealrattler #611 Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7657 battles
  • [ADEPT]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

We want these vehicles to be different. High single shot damage and solid turret should determine special gameplay - that's what we hope to see.

Goody

Blartch #612 Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52178 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

I respect that... but FWIW there's a bit of a contradiction right there.... nerfing the WZ-110 ROF makes it more of less just another IS#.  If it traded something else instead, it might remain different and special.

I'd still wager the low low low DPM on the T-34-2/3 will not make them inspiring drives, improved armor notwithstanding.  Bouncing things off your head is well and good until your enemy wades through your infrequent, ineffective shots and facehugs you to death.  Will still give it a go because why not.

A few extra thoughts on "wanting vehicles to be different..."  I wholeheartedly endorse this concept... but...

...why, then, the specific change with the LTTB?  Yes, it's very strong compared to other tier lights... but the armor is kind of its defining positive.  M41 has DPM.  T71 and 13-75 (essentially the same tank now) have clip potential (13-75 was nerfed to almost exactly the same stats as the T71... different?).  SP1C USED to be a hypercamo ninja damage machine, but now has no identifiable positive attributes at all.  LTTB was the light with armor and an ungreat gun.... now it'll just be another thin-skinned light with an ungreat gun.  That's not very different.

Were you to send me a case of Schlitz and a hearty pat on the back for my troubles, I'd have advised reducing the acceleration slightly to induce a reasonable penalty for the extra armor weight it can exploit.

Edited by Blartch, 19 June 2018 - 03:37 PM.

WipWapJaws #613 Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 37894 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Oh come on leave the Lttb alone, how many nerfs has it had now? 

Commander_Spinster #614 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26498 battles
  • [MSELF]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

I'm gonna speak from Experience, I do have over 100 battles in the tank.(T-34-3)

The Turret armor is fine, it's a lot like the Type 59 in that it cannot be penetrated almost ever.

This buff will not help much either because it's already very, very hard to utilize the turret armor with the lack of gun depression. More often than not the bain of this tank comes from the lack of: Horse Power (It desperately needs more ability to accelerate given it's low RoF), penetration it can't fire often (while the HEAT has high Penetration that shell type is too sensitive to the IS-X tanks, it also cuts deeply into it's already low DPM [and this is with anything I can to boost ROF] to a maximum premium ammo DPM of 1513 damage per minute. Which paired with the bad mobility often times I am forced to fight Heavy tanks frontally. I could not possibly kill a KV-4 in a minute with this DPM and I may not even get the tank that low if I miss or don't penetrate.)

The armor. The Turret armor is fine buffing that is like buffing the traverse speed of the Lekpz 41 90 mm, it's so high it doesn't do anything at that point. What this tank lacks is hull Armor. And it's not the 90mm in the front, that's fine, it's the 45mm on the sides, I cannot reposition very safely when every shots goes through, or I cannot block HE from a 90mm cannon. If it had something like 70mm of side armor it could be fine because it eowou be able to block the lower caliber HE shells but 150mm HE shells could still go through keeping the driver wary.

The last thing: Penetration. Yes DPM would help, but to maintain the image you and the rest of Wargaming wants of high damage potential in a shot it needs to be able to consitenly damage it's targets. If the penetration was buffed to around 190 for it's AP it could be a bit better by not sacrificing as much DPM to the Prammo. And you could balance this in a manner, give it 190mm average penetration, but swap it's AP for APCR so it loses some of the shell normalization. The shells would be faster and reduce leading the shot given APCR is the fastest shell type but would be a bit more effective while still being a bit sensitive to angled armor.

I have buffed this thing as much as possible, I maxed out each slot, I am Running the Rammer, Imrpoved Assembly, Coated Optics, Super Charge Shells (to help with AP Penetration), Improved Assembly (I tried Enhanced Armor and it didn't help), Engine Accelerator, V-STABS (the bloom only gets big when moving so it helps a lot), Toolkit, and Consumable Delivery System (so I can use Adrenaline more often, and I can fix my vunerable modules more often.)

Side note I do use Provisions and Camo too.

Adrenaline, Repairkit, Multi Purpose Kit.

Standard Combat Rations, Improved Combat Rations, and Improved Fuel.

And the WG Fest 2017 Camo.

Finally these are all my skills so you can get an idea of passive buffs to the tank.

https://imgur.com/a/0aIE47H

I hope you take these into consideration.

Edited by Only_Monica, 19 June 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Blartch #615 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52178 battles
  • [SPUD]

On second thought, I will NOT be trying out the "buffed" T-34-2.  Just had a match vs. one while driving my T-54 Ltwt.... we started off 1v1 with about the same HP... he died without inflicting more than a few points ramming damage.  Why?

He could NOT get the gun down on my hull.  Meanwhile, I close-brawled him, offering only my turret, and put in almost 2 280dmg shots for every one of his 400dmg bounces.  He resorted to HEAT for his last try, but still bounced.

Even if we stood there like Napoleonic armies and traded shots in the open, he STILL would have been easily mopped up... vs. a same tier LIGHT.

The T-34-2- is simply untenable.  

Rage_And_Love #616 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37235 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBlartch, on 19 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

On second thought, I will NOT be trying out the "buffed" T-34-2.  Just had a match vs. one while driving my T-54 Ltwt.... we started off 1v1 with about the same HP... he died without inflicting more than a few points ramming damage.  Why?

He could NOT get the gun down on my hull.  Meanwhile, I close-brawled him, offering only my turret, and put in almost 2 280dmg shots for every one of his 400dmg bounces.  He resorted to HEAT for his last try, but still bounced.

Even if we stood there like Napoleonic armies and traded shots in the open, he STILL would have been easily mopped up... vs. a same tier LIGHT.

The T-34-2- is simply untenable.  

Nah, I think you need to go back and actually adapt to the tank.

I love those tanks, and with a buff, it will get even better.  Now that I've figured them out, I'll be at 60% soon in the T-34-3, and that's very good for me in a medium.

The high alpha combined with the rapid-aiming and pretty accurate gun makes it easy to sneak around the battlefield putting serious hits on people from some distance.  Think of it more like a very quick turreted TD with rapid aim time and the ability to bounce shots.

Yes, if you go looking for DPM battles you will be disappointed, but that's true of a lot of tanks.

Blartch #617 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52178 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRage_And_Love, on 19 June 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Nah, I think you need to go back and actually adapt to the tank.

I love those tanks, and with a buff, it will get even better.  Now that I've figured them out, I'll be at 60% soon in the T-34-3, and that's very good for me in a medium.

The high alpha combined with the rapid-aiming and pretty accurate gun makes it easy to sneak around the battlefield putting serious hits on people from some distance.  Think of it more like a very quick turreted TD with rapid aim time and the ability to bounce shots.

Yes, if you go looking for DPM battles you will be disappointed, but that's true of a lot of tanks.

That's like telling an ex-con that his experience wasn't a joy because he didn't adapt to prison life.

Did my time.  Not going back.

Freejack1977 #618 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29897 battles
  • [-VB-]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

LTTB?? Really? ok... Guess it will be even easier to 1 shot it with KV2 HE now. 

-VB-  Discord  https://discord.gg/7J6qnFQ

Rage_And_Love #619 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37235 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostBlartch, on 19 June 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

That's like telling an ex-con that his experience wasn't a joy because he didn't adapt to prison life.

Did my time.  Not going back.

Well, as my buddies say, de gustibus non est disputandum.

BrickSniper33A #620 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 June 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Fine. We'll try it your way. But when you guys buff the turret armor of a tanks that only have turret armor as a positive, are in desperate need of hull armor, (Especially T-34-2) gun depression, engine power and even more in need of at least Type 59 DPM. Well, when the statistics of the tanks across the servers doesn't improve enough, don't be surprised when the onslaught of "We told you so" comes rolling in.

Edited by BrickSniper33A, 19 June 2018 - 10:19 PM.

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users