Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

Oicraftian #901 Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14724 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 03 January 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

but you must admit that compared to other guns at tier it is really troll. You can’t pull of HE [edited]with it like you can with the T30 or the Obj.704. Considering that they are all 15cm guns even a tier 8 ISU152 does more damage and has better pen. Heck even the T49 will cause damage per shot with it’s HE shells and has lower pen. Looking the numbers and the gun size and the fact that it is a German gun, I believe everyone expected something more useable and not so trolling. 

KPZ-70 is trash tank in real life and the only thing that keeps it's name going is Western hopes and dreams. Somehow it's racked up more fame than MBT-80 that is actually worthy of the hype but people don't seem to realize exists. It's ingame interpretation is generous at best and if you're looking for a more realistic depiction of it's playstyle I redirect you to the RU-251, except with 6* gun depression limit,5 rounds per minute, and slightly less armor in relation to what is shooting at you, which is compensated for by not being a huge fat tinfoil armored fail Leopard clone.

Okay that's not quite true. At least the KPZ-70 had gun stabilization in prototype stage.

Spoiler

Edited by Oicraftian, 04 January 2019 - 07:06 AM.

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

Dan_Deerso #902 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:11 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 22826 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostOicraftian, on 04 January 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

KPZ-70 is trash tank in real life and the only thing that keeps it's name going is Western hopes and dreams. Somehow it's racked up more fame than MBT-80 that is actually worthy of the hype but people don't seem to realize exists. It's ingame interpretation is generous at best and if you're looking for a more realistic depiction of it's playstyle I redirect you to the RU-251, except with 6* gun depression limit,5 rounds per minute, and slightly less armor in relation to what is shooting at you, which is compensated for by not being a huge fat tinfoil armored fail Leopard clone.

Okay that's not quite true. At least the KPZ-70 had gun stabilization in prototype stage.

Spoiler

Fantastic information, honestly it is. I'm glad they were discussing reality and the history of a tank that wasn't adopted and not the in-game balancing of said tank in the "upcoming balance adjustments" thread. If you want a pedestal, the new thread button's over in general discussion.

View PostRoadKutter, on 03 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

but you must admit that compared to other guns at tier it is really troll. You can’t pull of HE [edited]with it like you can with the T30 or the Obj.704. Considering that they are all 15cm guns even a tier 8 ISU152 does more damage and has better pen. Heck even the T49 will cause damage per shot with it’s HE shells and has lower pen. Looking the numbers and the gun size and the fact that it is a German gun, I believe everyone expected something more useable and not so trolling. 

I highly recommend treating the gun more like an E75 or a WZ-111 1-4 gun if you're having issues. Wargaming's been pretty clear since they released it that they don't want it to become a "heavier T30". As weird as it might be, the caliber of the gun isn't indicative of the niche that they want it to fill, and I really don't see them changing the alpha damage any time soon. I'd put money on them buffing accuracy stats or mobility before any kind of alpha buff. As to the HE, I would love to see some sort of 160ish mm pen HEP solution like the RU-251, but keep the current alpha damage, or bump it up to the same 20% increase over standard ammo that the RU-251 has.

kraftingtown #903 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24799 battles
  • [R-7]

T49 needs buff, and the HE no premium

___REDCELL #904 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

Never Carries Fire Extinguisher

• Players
  • 12548 battles
  • [BL4DE]

View PostRoadKutter, on 03 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

I haven’t had too much issue with it. The HE isn’t really what it’s built for. The tank is much more AP/HEAT based. It’s a 15cm gun, but you’ll struggle if you play it like it is.

That said, I wish it had higher HE dmg and more gun depression

RoadKutter #905 Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 32170 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 04 January 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

Fantastic information, honestly it is. I'm glad they were discussing reality and the history of a tank that wasn't adopted and not the in-game balancing of said tank in the "upcoming balance adjustments" thread. If you want a pedestal, the new thread button's over in general discussion. Lol!!!

I highly recommend treating the gun more like an E75 or a WZ-111 1-4 gun if you're having issues. Wargaming's been pretty clear since they released it that they don't want it to become a "heavier T30". As weird as it might be, the caliber of the gun isn't indicative of the niche that they want it to fill, and I really don't see them changing the alpha damage any time soon. I'd put money on them buffing accuracy stats or mobility before any kind of alpha buff. As to the HE, I would love to see some sort of 160ish mm pen HEP solution like the RU-251, but keep the current alpha damage, or bump it up to the same 20% increase over standard ammo that the RU-251 has.

Thanks Dan, sometimes I don’t understand the forum posts at all. Especially when I’m trying to play a heavy tank and I’m being redirected to a light tank play style. I really like your T30 comment especially since that play style (back line td) worked out much better in the past few days. I’ll just keep playing my T30 as a heavy and the mbt70 as a td. 

As to the other comment after yours....

Redcell 

he in a15 cm gun should be relevant, especially if you look at other guns of said type. What the tank needs is the kneeling suspension to improve depression and elevation. But then the Fury need machine guns, but we all know where that goes.

Edited by RoadKutter, 05 January 2019 - 03:06 AM.

Ghosting reds since 2014

RoadKutter #906 Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 32170 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostOicraftian, on 03 January 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Spoiler

in real life it was a failed joint venture and is the reason why the us has the Abrahms tank as it’s mbt. But then the world got the Leopard2 out of the deal, so yeah the couple of mild steel prototypes were trash in real life. Smh

Edited by RoadKutter, 05 January 2019 - 11:26 AM.

Ghosting reds since 2014

RoadKutter #907 Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 32170 battles
  • [III-C]
Hey Ribble please tell me that you guys have the fix for the attachment notification coming out soon. I got lucky dice for my IS, and now I can’t even mark the tank as favorite because of the notifications. It’s really driving my crazy.

Ghosting reds since 2014

as15eternal #908 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7123 battles
  • [ETD15]
Anyone know if they will bring the gem avatar back with a tank and the gem avatar available in the offers?

Cafe17951 #909 Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21108 battles
  • [--R--]

View Postas15eternal, on 06 January 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Anyone know if they will bring the gem avatar back with a tank and the gem avatar available in the offers?

Most likely

Oicraftian #910 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14724 battles

KPZ-70's problems could easily be solved by reworking it to be some kind of tier 9 RU-251. Given that the 152 already has a trash kinetic shell it's easy to just give it low kinetic damage strike and better ROF.

It would actually be different from Leo PTA because the 152 would have lower pen (~238?), and the tank would be much more flexible.

Bring in the historical 34 + 46 frontal armor, 35-23mm sides, and it'll be more than ready to get the higher top speed and better soft stats. 

Naturally people would not like a huge shift to their tank. But maybe I am wrong.

Adding gun dep and alpha just makes it another T30 style tank.

Edited by Oicraftian, 07 January 2019 - 07:01 PM.

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

CDs_minion #911 Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3783 battles
  • [R--R]
So we get ladders and lucky dice for attachments. Why can't we equip both at the same time ?

RibbleStripe #912 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostRoadKutter, on 03 January 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

When comparing guns let's not forget that Kpz is HT not TD as T30 or 704. 
Kpz is a very challenging tank but i question its armor more often than gun :) However, stats show it's fine and buffing it doesn't look reasonable. Curiously enough that 50-55% players play it better than 55-65% comparing to other vehicles.

View PostRoadKutter, on 05 January 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Hey Ribble please tell me that you guys have the fix for the attachment notification coming out soon. I got lucky dice for my IS, and now I can’t even mark the tank as favorite because of the notifications. It’s really driving my crazy.

Yep, we'll fix it.

RibbleStripe #913 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View Postas15eternal, on 07 January 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

Pretty possible. But even if we don't, there'll be new avatars for bundles. 

View PostCDs_minion, on 08 January 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

So we get ladders and lucky dice for attachments. Why can't we equip both at the same time ?

It's impossible to use multiple customization items. That's the same reason you can't wear two camouflages at once.

WipWapJaws #914 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 42155 battles
  • [WKD]

Is there a way to delete the attachments from my garage ?

verhe #915 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32284 battles
  • [OWA]

View PostOicraftian, on 04 January 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

Spoiler

Your comments are false, Th program development was canceled for cost and bad team work relationships, Germany pull out the program after the increased cost, America failed in his cannon 150 mm, please if you’re making opinions put some information validated it.

Sorry for my grammar,

Akadeadlytank #916 Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17709 battles
  • [WR2]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 08 January 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

When comparing guns let's not forget that Kpz is HT not TD as T30 or 704. 
Kpz is a very challenging tank but i question its armor more often than gun :) However, stats show it's fine and buffing it doesn't look reasonable. Curiously enough that 50-55% players play it better than 55-65% comparing to other vehicles.

Yep, we'll fix it.

@Ribble, I think I've found a small bug in the strv. When the gun is slightly over a obstacle, but not touching it, the gun will shoot the obstacle not forward. It looks like it's shooting straight but it doesn't. But when it's not over an obstacle it shoots just fine.

sPaM pRaMo wItH mE

Spoiler

RoadKutter #917 Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 32170 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postverhe, on 08 January 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Your comments are false, Th program development was canceled for cost and bad team work relationships, Germany pull out the program after the increased cost, America failed in his cannon 150 mm, please if you’re making opinions put some information validated it.

Sorry for my grammar,

yeah, they got stuck on using the 150 where the 120mm smooth bore was so much better. In the end that gun is used by NATO and in the Abrahms. So mbt70 was too expensive but the Abrahms was a deal at 5 times the cost. Did anyone ever see the JagdChieftain project? Also on a side note a 3 man autoloader designed back then was so superior that the only new tank built with the same design is the ..... anyone?

Spoiler

Edited by RoadKutter, 09 January 2019 - 04:27 AM.

Ghosting reds since 2014

RibbleStripe #918 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 247 battles

View PostAkadeadlytank, on 09 January 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

@Ribble, I think I've found a small bug in the strv. When the gun is slightly over a obstacle, but not touching it, the gun will shoot the obstacle not forward. It looks like it's shooting straight but it doesn't. But when it's not over an obstacle it shoots just fine.

I guess i understand what you mean. But can you give me replay with such issue just in case?

as15eternal #919 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7123 battles
  • [ETD15]
This game has became super laging i dont even know why if its sever

___REDCELL #920 Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

Never Carries Fire Extinguisher

• Players
  • 12548 battles
  • [BL4DE]

View PostRoadKutter, on 04 January 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Thanks Dan, sometimes I don’t understand the forum posts at all. Especially when I’m trying to play a heavy tank and I’m being redirected to a light tank play style. I really like your T30 comment especially since that play style (back line td) worked out much better in the past few days. I’ll just keep playing my T30 as a heavy and the mbt70 as a td. 

As to the other comment after yours....

Redcell 

he in a15 cm gun should be relevant, especially if you look at other guns of said type. What the tank needs is the kneeling suspension to improve depression and elevation. But then the Fury need machine guns, but we all know where that goes.

Maybe a sort of seige mode like with the Swedish TDs? 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users