NAM snowflakes triggered rage POW war epic DEPT

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

hornedbear #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28513 battles
  • [DEPT]
DEPT has an official tear collector by the name of Skilly­­_c. He has a gift for the WOTB community, but before I share his holiday cheer, I want to share his story.
He wasn’t always known as Skilly_c. Prior to NAM he went by Jason Lewis. However, upon leaving Vietnam, he became known as Skilly_c. 
Jason Lewis came to Vietnam in mid-1960. Initially, Jason was part of the Second Brigade of the Twenty-First Division, also known as the Screaming Hornets. It was a task-brigade that went anywhere there was trouble. The division was down in Cu Chi, but they operated all over II Corps and Eye Corps. 
Jason held the rank of Sergeant First Class, and was affectionately known to others in his division as Sgt. Clap, given that he contracted a particular STD only a couple days after arriving in Vietnam. The woman, Lang, loved Jason for a long time…but also had loved dozens of men prior to his arrival. A shot of penicillin and Jason was right as rain. Eventually, he was transferred to the 1st Special Forces Group. Here, he joined his buddy, Memphis, who interestingly enough hailed from Chicago. After several successful missions, Jason, Memphis, and a dozen or so additional men from both the 1st and 5th Special Forces Groups, were assigned a high-risk mission called Operation Wolf. Officially, the mission was listed along the lines of intelligence gathering. Unofficially, the goal of Operation Wolf was to assassinate a top Viet Cong (VC) commander. Unfortunately, the mission failed shortly after starting and was scrubbed from all military records. 
While flying from Chu Lai to LZ Two Bits, the task-force veered too far West. By Thud Ridge they got hit with enemy fire. Jason tried to unbuckle his seat belt, but he couldn’t use his right arm. Before the helicopter crashed, Jason was able to get free from his seat belt and jump from the LHX Attack Chopper. He leapt into a tree where he then crashed through branches and vines for about twenty-feet. Eventually, he hit the ground. He was alive but barely conscious. Memphis found Jason. Together, they began to search for survivors but before they could locate a single person, some M-60 rounds cooked off and struck both Memphis and Jason. Shortly thereafter the VC found them and, along with eight other survivors, began a trek to a POW camp. 
Jason and his fellow soldiers were sent to North Vietnam on foot. The Blood Trails was 900 km and took around 75 days to complete. They walked thru Laos and Cambodia to the Ho Chi Minh trail and then up the trail across the DMZ until Vinh. At Vinh, they took a train 200 miles to Hanoi in about 20 hours. 
The Hell in Vietnam (Hanoi Hell) was where Jason, Memphis, and the others found themselves. Malnutrition, sickness, and beatings were a part of life for two years. However, the worst part of the camp was Quyen, a wicked VC commander who wore a necklace of G.I. ears and had a pet cobra. Quyen loved to torture the Americans. After caning them, he made them kneel and line up in front of his hut and commanded his cobra, which he loved like a son, to collect American tears. The snake was well-trained. It would slither up to an American, raise itself up, and stare into the eyes of the soldier. If the American didn’t deliver enough tears to the snake, Quyen would bark a command and the cobra would strike the soldier’s cheek. It happened twice. Jules Kegstanderson, a farm boy from Alabama, and Kris Clay, a fireman from California, were proud soldiers – too proud to shed tears for a lowly reptile. Quyen gave the command and both men were dead within 10-minutes. This type of abuse went on for two years until Jason and Memphis organized an uprising. 
Quyen was a cruel and unrelenting torturer, but he also liked to drink. Vang Dalat was his drink of choice. In fact, Quyen was a drunk and many of the men he commanded were drunks as well. After observing the situation for over a year, Jason, Memphis, and what remained of the Operation Wolf task-force, revolted against their oppressors. Quyen and his men had a party the night before the uprising. Dozens of women arrived to the camp from Hanoi. Dalat wine flowed freely. Music, drinking, and all nature of illicit behavior continued until the early morning. At that moment, just as the VC had all passed out or fallen asleep, the Americans rose up and delivered sweet revenge. 
Every VC soldier, including Quyen, was captured alive. The Americans lined them in the center of the camp. Jason entered Quyen’s hut and emerged several minutes later with his cobra. He had a very satisfied look on his gaunt and blistered face. It was time to collect tears, only there were not enough tears in all the world to satisfy the Americans. Such was the abuse they had endured. The VC cried, some more than others, but the cobra, which was held firmly in Jason’s hand, remained dissatisfied. Jason went down the line. One-by-one the VC collapsed onto the ground, writhing in agony as the poison traveled through their bodies. In time, only one soldier remained…Quyen. 
Quyen thought Jason would use his beloved cobra to strike him dead. The VC commander was wrong. Jason got real close to Quyen, snake in hand, and then bit the head off the snake. Blood spurted forth, drenching both Quyen and Jason. The man screamed and cried at the death of this pet. However, Jason was not done. He found a skillet, likely something the VC had stolen from an American patrol, and cooked the cobra (except for the head). Once cooked, Jason diced the snake into tiny portions of meat and force-fed the  weeping Quyen. 
Jason Lewis was gone. A new man, one drenched in cobra blood, had been birthed in that hellhole. That man , as he then became known among the spec ops community, was the infamous Skillet Cobra (or Skilly_c for short), and he was not done with Quyen. While Skilly had been feeding Quyen’s pet to him, Memphis and the other survivors dug a hole near a mound of red ants. Quyen was placed in the hole and buried with dirt up to his chin. Skilly knelt down in front of Quyen and placed the cobra’s head only inches from his face.  The cold, lifeless eyes of the snake stared directly at Quyen’s face. After that, Memphis poured a mixture of honey and sugar from the ant mound to Quyen’s head. The survivors waited and watched as the red ants slowly ate Quyen alive. 
Skilly and his friends were captured January 2, 1966, and gained their freedom around February 10, 1969. Shortly after escaping the POW camp and returning to American-controlled territory, Skilly and Memphis traveled to the United States. For them, the war was over. 
Coming face-to-face with a large cobra teaches you a lot about yourself... but very little about the cobra! Skilly found this lesson to be true. After the war, Skilly decided to continue to collect tears. He now had a taste for it. He collected tears as a bus driver for the public school system. Children cried and Skilly just drank their tears up. He collected tears as a bouncer for a club in The Villages, FL. The elderly cried and, again, Skilly savored every salty drop. Eventually he settled on collecting tears for the government in a job at the DMV. So many tears flowed; Skilly was satisfied. He did this for years, but finally decided to retire in August 2017. Retirement has been okay for Skilly, but he told me just the other day that he misses collecting tears. Life is just not the same for Skilly without tears. He has no wife or kids...just tanks and tears. So, after only a moment of reflection, I made Skilly the official tear collector of DEPT. However, that role has not been enough to satisfy Skilly's thirst for tears. That matter brings me to the close of this post. 
Skilly_c, official tear collector of DEPT, has a gift for the WOTB community this Christmas season. Have you been triggered? Excellent. Share it with Skilly. Feeling a bit like a snowflake? Perfectly normal. Life should be easy. Tell Skilly. Angry? Dang right. No need to rage post on the forums. Just share your tears with Skilly. Thank him for his service and his devotion to the collection of tanker tears.
Sir, if you happen to read this, I thank you! o7

WizoGT379 #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6274 battles
  • [RUDY]

Cool, this is real right?

if so, I take it there is a guy named skilly_c in your clan

and is this the real guy (prob not?)

if this is jsut a product of your imagination, congrats

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Official TRPD Member

Not_A_Fascist #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:14 AM

Haruna > Fusou

• Players
  • 15065 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Enjoy. Beware of toxic content.

Thanks to Zennosha and/or Panbun, I have a shiny new signature! Thank you!

tedg5 #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 35745 battles
  • [AGOGO]

OK then.....

Maybe a little too much time on your hands. :harp:

yourmomz #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16982 battles
  • [UBER]
The story would be pretty cool if it were real I guess.
The Intensely Mediocre Player

wildbill_53_steel #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2117 battles
  • [DEPT2]
Oh man. Been a while since I heard about Skilly. Guy was a beast back in the day. I fought in NAM, but only at the tail end of the war. Skilly was gone, but I heard all about him from the guys in the 5th. Keep collecting those tears, brother! Godspeed, Skilly.

wildbill_53_steel #7 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2117 battles
  • [DEPT2]

View PostWizoGT379, on 07 December 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

Cool, this is real right?

if so, I take it there is a guy named skilly_c in your clan

and is this the real guy (prob not?)

if this is jsut a product of your imagination, congrats

Skilly is real. Can’t recall his real name though. Could have been Jason. Maybe bear changed it to protect his identity.  All I ever knew him by was Skilly.

NAM was hell and that dude danced in the flames.

WizoGT379 #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6274 battles
  • [RUDY]

View Postwildbill_53_steel, on 07 December 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Skilly is real. Can’t recall his real name though. Could have been Jason. Maybe bear changed it to protect his identity.  All I ever knew him by was Skilly.

NAM was hell and that dude danced in the flames.

wow, cool

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Official TRPD Member

CA_vampire #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10974 battles
  • [MOM4]
You forgot the TL;DR.

LaughingRam #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6531 battles
  • [DEPT]

Welcome home Skilly and Wildbill and thank you both for your service!

o7

Ram

Edited by LaughingRam, 08 December 2017 - 02:13 AM.

Bob3468 #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5678 battles
  • [CHAM]
He needs to write a book.

alexanderhu #12 Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23610 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostBob3468, on 07 December 2017 - 10:51 PM, said: