tournaments CW4 leading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

00RUSE00 #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9057 battles
  • [CRUXE]

Hiya. Im a deputy of AWING, and am in charge of the clans CW4 team. So far its looking like we will make a decent showing. But you never really know till it happens i guess.

Anyways I wanted to ask the other deputies and leads how they usually handle competitive play events. How you get people ready? Getting them there on time? so on and so forth. I've lead tourney teams before but this will be my first time handling a CW team, I get the feeling that this is gonna be a little different. I have no intention of letting my team down this year so I wanted to ask as some outside sources and see what they do. My sibling clans and fellow deps (and clan lead) have been helpful but it never hurts to learn more.

We shall never surrender 

I_Maverick_I #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 16841 battles
  • [XBEND]
you guys have a great Discord server which is very active. imo, id toon with some of your players that will be doing CW4 and start prioritizing teamwork. also doesn't hurt to start making some plans on how you're going to play a specific map, and what tanks you guys will be using. of course tho, the first step is commitment. make a note to either DM or call all of your players and personally ask,"will you able to make it when I need you?" if they can't answer yes, start getting some backup players

iRaikkonen #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25843 battles

Start getting a sense for tanks people have and what they are comfortable in. Start seeing who can talk and who can’t. We always have everyone talking but only when needed. Ie tank is tracked, focus fire this guy etc. Create strat sketches or wotb tactics with your team so they know what’s expected of them and where to go in advanced. Scrimmaging and training are a must. Try to find a team you can play against to feel out ideas and strats. Other than that, keep it fun and exciting and make sure your clan is involved. Clan wars is about everyone in the clan that plays. If you share the excitement it really fuels the drive for success. 

I captained the Purpl Cobras that eon CW2 Bravo and took third in CW3 to pramo and grim. I now captain the number 1 team in pramo. If you have any questions about anything more in depth, please feel free to pm me on the forums or on discord and help you out. If not, good luck, happy hunting and may the odds be ever in your favor

I_Maverick_I #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:26 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 16841 battles
  • [XBEND]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 11 December 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Start getting a sense for tanks people have and what they are comfortable in. Start seeing who can talk and who can’t. We always have everyone talking but only when needed. Ie tank is tracked, focus fire this guy etc. Create strat sketches or wotb tactics with your team so they know what’s expected of them and where to go in advanced. Scrimmaging and training are a must. Try to find a team you can play against to feel out ideas and strats. Other than that, keep it fun and exciting and make sure your clan is involved. Clan wars is about everyone in the clan that plays. If you share the excitement it really fuels the drive for success. 

oh. what he said ^

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 12 December 2017 - 05:26 AM.

MidLifeCrustacean #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 16078 battles
  • [NRF]
Get people on at least 45 minutes before the games begin. You're going to go crazy trying to wrangle everyone in your clan in a timely fashion so do it early. Make sure everyone is active on Discord and just @ spam them to get them on.

G_O_O_S_E #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Super Scumbucket

• Players
  • 23552 battles
  • [SCAMO]
Half the battle is just getting people on in time to train and on long enough to play your entire matches. It’s harder than you’d think. 

00RUSE00 #7 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:02 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9057 battles
  • [CRUXE]
Thank you all for replying to my question. Some of what you guys have suggested we already do. Thought it seems we need to work on training and communication.
We shall never surrender 

Also tagged with tournaments, CW4, leading

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users