D.A.R.E. to Say No to the Cap Circle

capping

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Capping (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should capping be removed?

1. No (45 votes [88.24%])

Percentage of vote: 88.24%

2. Yes (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Hide poll

4sfield #21 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

The last 2 times I’ve played Falks Creek, I’ve had guys on my team run to cap from the start. It sucked, both times we had a -2 heavy disadvantage and the heavies on my team were too afraid of their own shadows to be of any use.

I’m not anti cap circle, I’m anti idiot. Stupidity takes more fun out of the game for me than some jackwagon capping the base from the onset. I can overcome a bad decision by a couple of guys, I can’t overcome the inordinate combination of cluelessness, cowardice and stupidity from every single one of my team mates.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Untrust______ #22 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 90332 battles
  • [FILTH]

I cap all the time. its a great way to pressure reds to split forces or make them come to you instead of you going to them. There are a couple of maps that if u can control cap u will win dang near every time. Fort despair comes to mind. If the reds don't go to cap they lose period.

"I'll wear the tin if it gets me wins"

AVCM_AW #23 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52200 battles
  • [RAIDR]

No, you cannot remove the cap circles. Why? They are strategically important, even if no one is sitting in them.

In no way can you implore any variety of historical accurateness in this game where tanks are "balanced" to make it fair. Maps are "balanced" to make it more even. Ammunition is "balanced"... I could go on and on. The only time remotely close to historically accurate scenarios can be played out, is in training rooms with select groups of individuals willing to play by those rules. This was never meant to be an "historically accurate" game. 

In Supremacy, the win has everything to do with controlling the map, either by capping, or by preventing the cap, not getting kills. In rare cases can you get a 7-0 roll over the red for the win. IMO, that's why most players dislike this mode, or just don't understand it... because for them it's all about getting the kills.

In Twister, Clan Wars, or any other tournament, those strategies are worked out ahead of time as well as the comms. Who is the talker, what is the plan, what is the specific language used... signals.

In Pub matches, all that^^ goes out the window. The primary reason, no voice comms with those seven players, and I'll bet, most never even heard what goes on with voice. It changes the way a group plays this game, most especially a coordinated group. 

The cap circle is needed in both modes, without a doubt.

Maybe, we should be asking for additional play modes? Like - Campaign Mode - there you can play in a less than arcade environment, with full on realty. and the matches can be specific historical events, or campaigns... or components of a campaign.

o7

Clan Lead - DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

AVCM_AW #24 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52200 battles
  • [RAIDR]

No, you cannot remove the cap circles. Why? They are strategically important, even if no one is sitting in them.

In no way can you implore any variety of historical accurateness in this game where tanks are "balanced" to make it fair. Maps are "balanced" to make it more even. Ammunition is "balanced"... I could go on and on. The only time remotely close to historically accurate scenarios can be played out, is in training rooms with select groups of individuals willing to play by those rules. This was never meant to be an "historically accurate" game. 

In Supremacy, the win has everything to do with controlling the map, either by capping, or by preventing the cap, not getting kills. In rare cases can you get a 7-0 roll over the red for the win. IMO, that's why most players dislike this mode, or just don't understand it... because for them it's all about getting the kills.

In Twister, Clan Wars, or any other tournament, those strategies are worked out ahead of time as well as the comms. Who is the talker, what is the plan, what is the specific language used... signals.

In Pub matches, all that^^ goes out the window. The primary reason, no voice comms with those seven players, and I'll bet, most never even heard what goes on with voice. It changes the way a group plays this game, most especially a coordinated group. 

The cap circle is needed in both modes, without a doubt.

Maybe, we should be asking for additional play modes? Like - Campaign Mode - there you can play in a less than arcade environment, with full on realty. and the matches can be specific historical events, or campaigns... or components of a campaign.

o7

AVCM_AW #25 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52200 battles
  • [RAIDR]
sorry about the double post - unintended consequences of the computer trying to be smarted than I...

MessengerOfFear #26 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

RNG Lover

• Players
  • 16378 battles
  • [ACDC]

View Postsk8xtrm3, on 13 December 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Can I ask what tier this was at?

I only ask as I see loads of players at low tiers herding to the cap circle but on at higher tiers people avoid it like the plaque in the most part.

I think the cap circle needs to stay as it provides a good tactical advantage, I like to use it to make people panic especially at higher tiers. If I am in a game with lots of big TD's that are going to cap I love to hit the cap circle and watch them sweat and leave the camp spot to try reset cap. I have no intention of capping but its a very good magnet to pull people from there strong positions.

p.s in the interest of honesty this has resulted in me capping once or twice doing very low damage :hiding::teethhappy:

Exactly. It is both a method of drawing out that last remaining speedy red tank, and a way to draw out the enemy in the middle of the battle. I remember one time when I was on Canal with my brother (we love playing FV215b 183’s together - loads of laughs) and we were in our tier VIII heavies: me in my IS-5 (which should have its name changed to “Guardian” for its legendary camo, since it’s icon in the garage gets changed all ready) and him in his T34. Our scouts figured out that the whole enemy team was on the opposite side of the map, and we had control of the side that has the cap and we controlled most of the town area. We sat in the cap, and the reds just drove down that alley under the bridges, right into the waiting guns of mine and my brother’s tanks, as well as the two TD guns we had asked to set up on the hill behind us. Our meds and one light spotted them from in the town, and we just annihilated as they tried to stop our cap. Capping makes for great bait!
"Ignoring life for 7 minutes is really a true superpower. Thank you, Wargaming."

Tomio_Hara #27 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22666 battles
  • [SR-72]
Look at my signature. Read this.

Edited by Tomio_Hara, 13 December 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #28 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15119 battles
  • [HATED]
As Boris would be keen to say, "You are out of stupid ideas." Something along those lines.

Gsauce #29 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 63997 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 13 December 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

As Boris would be keen to say, "You are out of stupid ideas." Something along those lines.

Lol

I'm with you.  Remove the cap.  Game ends when one team is eliminated or at end of time. If at timer, then team with most tanks left wins. If that is equal, then team that inflicted the most damage. Get rid of the cap and get rid of supremacy and make it an actual tank game.

AntoineDodson #30 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30031 battles

View Postgsauce1, on 13 December 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

Lol

I'm with you.  Remove the cap.  Game ends when one team is eliminated or at end of time. If at timer, then team with most tanks left wins. If that is equal, then team that inflicted the most damage. Get rid of the cap and get rid of supremacy and make it an actual tank game.

After a team was up they would camp hardcore. That's no fun.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #31 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15119 battles
  • [HATED]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 13 December 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Just to clarify: I am simply deprecating myself, as I am wont to do. Not flaming anybody but Urgle.

Gsauce #32 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 63997 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 13 December 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Just to clarify: I am simply deprecating myself, as I am wont to do. Not flaming anybody but Urgle.

Nope, I understand.  I miss Boris being around.  We need his wit.

Gsauce #33 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 63997 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostGableHawk, on 13 December 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

After a team was up they would camp hardcore. That's no fun.

Maybe.  Idk how the gameplay would be until it was actually played.  But I doubt the cap will be going away so we'll just keep on playing what we got.  :playing:

cheasesteak #34 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 22567 battles
  • [COD-R]
How else would I get my Raider medals? 

Epstein didn’t kill himself

outersketcher #35 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12803 battles
  • [COD-R]

I miss Boris too.. He's into target shooting now with .22 rifles. But he will still hop on and play once in a while.

As for YOU Urgle.. I see the cap circle as simply another element in the battlefield. And object that can be used or abused to affect the outcome of the battle. No different to me then the rocks and trees and favorite hull down spots.

I mostly ignore the cap circles in encounter battle.. Supremacy is a different animal entirely.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

Player_12445567341232353 #36 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hammer of Dogface

• Players
  • 14363 battles

View Postcheasesteak, on 13 December 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

Despite cap happy noobs, cap circles remain essential to the game, especially at the end of a match.  They are very useful end game to pressure reds out of their camping spots, and to keep fast tanks from simply running from heavies. 

​Have to agree with this won many games just by sitting in cap and forcing the reds end game to come at me so I can out play them or force them to attempt to rush and let my team rip them a new one. so no there is no point in removing cap just learn to abuse the people who use it wrong and move on.

ixie #37 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9191 battles
  • [ROYLE]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 13 December 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Cap should not be removed. Lets say you are playing the KV-3, and you are the only one left on the team. There is one red left, and SP 1 C, and he is a one shot. You must use the cap to bait out the SP, or it will just be a draw, because there is know way you can catch him. Cap is still very important to the game, as it also provides a kind of "base" to fight over. I feel that new players should be properly educated on when it is appropriate to use the cap. Not necessarily as the main plan to win the battle, but more of a back up plan if nothing else works.

Agreed. Cap can be used extremely well. Watch this video by Schwalbe (NOT MINE)

Also, the cap can also be used to draw out a team of camping reds. For example, if green goes town, and has a ton of heavies, and red, with a lot of mediums, goes hill, capping is a great strategy. Often, especially in low tiers, red will camp on the hill, and with the moved cap circle, you can use it to draw the campers off the hill. 

As someone else said, capping is also a good way for big, slow heavies to have a change of winning against fast light tanks. 

"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

_Kase #38 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 39135 battles
  • [ACHOO]
ANYbody who voted yes is a complete moron

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Also tagged with capping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users