• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

derK1nderPanzer #21 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17375 battles
  • [SEAL]

View Post_MeanMachine_, on 16 December 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Wargaiming this is getting absolutely ridiculous! Time after time being low tier doing top damage and watching my team die a noobs death or better yet drive into the water and kill them selves. When the match is over you check team stats and not one of your teammates has a winrate above 45%. Give me a break with all the none skilled players you have brought to this game now. Not to mention that match making is completely stupid now as well. Pretty messed up when you are already an underdog with the noobs on your team but then the red team is loaded with better tanks to boot. So now red team has better tanks, more hit points, and better players. Checked their stats too and only two were under 50%.

I think all of us have noticed the decline in player skill. I for one play a fraction of what I used to now as myself being a competive player can’t handle the constant stupidity you have to deal with in game now. The game feels rigged now. Like side scraping behind a building taking a shot at a red tank that isn’t looking your way and as you pull back to cover he snap shots and somehow manages to hit you for equal damage now. Seems a little [edited]to me. What did you do write code to make it shot for shot so the noobs will be happy?

Why not just create a server for all these clowns. Try asking how many of the players that have been on here for years are happy with the games progression. At best a system needs to be put in place to teach the clowns how to play before moving into upper tiers and taking the enjoyment out of competive play for all of us.

70% WR. You make it sound like it’s nothing LOL. Do you have any idea how difficult that is? Forget about the LX guys whose avg tier is 2.6 with 20k battles, they do not count. There are maybe a couple dozen players who can win at 70% and have an average tier of >6. It is so rarified that it’s not worth discussing. Purple has 6 players at that level. On my prime account I had a 69.98%WR and rising with an average tier of 6.8 just before that Dracula event. It has been downhill ever since. WG definately did something to the MM. Good players are getting stuck in the lower tiers with the lesser players more often than used to be. All the good players I know have noticed that same trend. And no, they are not all sniveling, whiney b1otches. They are dam good players and almost universally they WR are on the decline. 
T-62A, E-100, IS-7, T110E4

SpartacusDiablo #22 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16407 battles
  • [III-R]

Many good players have quit or play less. In their place we get sub par players who think the key to success is to get to the next tier. The amount of bad players to good players just keeps becoming more lopsided. I don't expect to see this changing anytime soon, as a matter of fact it's probably going to get much worse.

Your only choices are to ride it out or to quit. 

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 03 January 2018 - 01:58 AM.

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

4sfield #23 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28465 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 02 January 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Many good players have quit or play less. In their place we get sub par players who think the key to success is to get to the next tier. The amount of bad players to good players just keeps becoming more lopsided. I don't expect to see this changing anytime soon, as a matter of fact it's probably going to get much worse.

Your only choices are to ride it out or to quit. 

They also platoon to make sure you get a double dose of suck. It’s just as bad at high tiers and maybe worse as it is anywhere. I can’t play more than a few at a time from tier VIII on up without going on tilt.

Who had the worse team here? I didn’t look anyone up, I already know the answer. It’s pretty lame when 5 guys can’t pull down more damage than that between them. Especially since they camped the entire game. 

https://i.imgur.com/Iz4RNjS.png

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

SpartacusDiablo #24 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:17 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16407 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post4sfield, on 02 January 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

They also platoon to make sure you get a double dose of suck. It’s just as bad at high tiers and maybe worse as it is anywhere. I can’t play more than a few at a time from tier VIII on up without going on tilt.

Who had the worse team here? I didn’t look anyone up, I already know the answer. It’s pretty lame when 5 guys can’t pull down more damage than that between them. Especially since they camped the entire game. 

https://i.imgur.com/Iz4RNjS.png

I've started to send "Two sub 50% winrate players should not platoon together.  You are setting yourself and your team up for a loss" messages when I see an especially horrible platoon.  Usually this is met with insults and claims of greatness.

The worst I've had was two separate platoons of 40%ers on my team at the same time. I put down over 2k dmg in my STRV and we still lost.  There are some things you just can't "carry" out of.

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

rosgrim #25 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49928 battles
  • [COD]

View Postwannabeunicum, on 16 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

STOP USING STATS. 

I rarely complain about noobs on a statistical level. In a single game yes but never on a statistical level. The only constant in any battle is you so therefore you make or break your team.

Well said ! Once for all: play base - in other word "the universe" - change any minute so there is no way to talk about statistic referring to the MM (or it is very very complicate and you should have information that only WOTB have). Believe me, spent many years in this field. To give an example; It is like talking about statistics and probability for a bingo game that now have numbers from 0 to 90 and then after a minute has possible number from 90 to 100. Another simple hint: open any statistic book and read any exercise related to events involving several variables: it will start with "given a known Universe.....". Well in any given moment you play WOTB you don't know how the universe in composed, neither the (simple and basic information) number of players. But still it is true that everyone skilled can do the difference most of the time. Sometimes it is gonna be impossible but in the long term/large numbers skills always will make the difference.

Edited by rosgrim, 03 January 2018 - 04:50 AM.

alex1956 #26 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25796 battles
  • [MOM5]

View Post4sfield, on 16 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

This^.

It can get frustrating if you lose a few in a row but that is not normal. Skills have still been still trumping bad players 66% of the time, that’s how it worked at tier VIII for me last night. I lost my 1st one badly at canyons, the team had no idea what they were doing. Then I lost the next 2 as a bottom tier because the tier IX’s on my team had no idea what they were doing. I ended up finishing 10-5 because I know what I’m doing. The teams weren’t any different, there was always someone who didn’t know what they were doing. 

It isn’t the teams, you can still make a difference. You just have to use your head. I went 10-5 in a medium at tier VIII that wasn’t a mod I. You have to learn to expect the unexpected and plan for your team to do what 40%ers do. It may not be how you want to play but if you want to win consistently, you have to pay attention to what those guys are doing every game and have plan ready when you see it again. Learn from EVERY loss or go on long losing streaks. Just because guys play bad doesn’t mean you need to give up trying.

yeah, tell that to the guys that have teams that scatter and leave you alone while the red's stuck together and swarm you! Or the teams where you have guys stuck on rocks shooting into that rock while your doing damage and find out your the only one left because of the three or four potatoes on your side. Your good playing is wasted in a game you'd never win because the potatoes are in the higher tier tanks! Happens all the time, your experience puts you in the low tier no matter what tier you pick. The you expect everybody to "make a difference" when your hit point pool is way lower than the opposition? Your lucky roll is a freak of statistics and you want to convince everybody else that what they see happening isn't real! The OP is right, the amount of times we see this happening is off the scale and the older players are not playing because of it! Making it easy for new players has ruined the experience part of the game! If your stats are decent then you end up with the scrubs on your side and everybody will be on the same level no matter what you do and learned. It's useless to be experienced now, you just get saddled with potatoes so the other team wins with numbers on their side in the hit point pool. I've played games where I outscored both sides and lost because of the opposition having the advantage from the start in types of tanks! Got the screenshots and sent them in on a ticket and guess what happened? The ticket disappears! And the guys with these high win rates they built up from long ago aren't feeling it because of the statistical advantage they have in numbers alone! I never was a top player but I know when I'm playing great games only to lose and find out the guys in the tier higher tanks on my side have 200 games and are playing tier7 tanks! Then lo and behold you see that there was three or four of them on your side! No freakin wonder you lost while playing great. Or you make a call, they start to move with you until your commited and the find out they pealed off and hid while you get pummeled by the red team! Too late for you, they don't understand the team aspect of the game and think only of themselves! Then you get that idiot that says" well your dead", then sits there  until the reds come and kill them while they shoot rocks! You done more damage in the 30 seconds than they done sitting and sniping in a kv2 or kv1 in a light tank? It's our imagination? For weeks at a time? Months? Yeah right!

Edited by alex1956, 08 January 2018 - 02:45 AM.

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

4sfield #27 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:54 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 28465 battles
  • [-1]

View Postalex1956, on 07 January 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

yeah, tell that to the guys that have teams that scatter and leave you alone while the red's stuck together and swarm you! Or the teams where you have guys stuck on rocks shooting into that rock while your doing damage and find out your the only one left because of the three or four potatoes on your side. Your good playing is wasted in a game you'd never win because the potatoes are in the higher tier tanks! Happens all the time, your experience puts you in the low tier no matter what tier you pick. The you expect everybody to "make a difference" when your hit point pool is way lower than the opposition? Your lucky roll is a freak of statistics and you want to convince everybody else that what they see happening isn't real! The OP is right, the amount of times we see this happening is off the scale and the older players are not playing because of it! Making it easy for new players has ruined the experience part of the game! If your stats are decent then you end up with the scrubs on your side and everybody will be on the same level no matter what you do and learned. It's useless to be experienced now, you just get saddled with potatoes so the other team wins with numbers on their side in the hit point pool. I've played games where I outscored both sides and lost because of the opposition having the advantage from the start in types of tanks! Got the screenshots and sent them in on a ticket and guess what happened? The ticket disappears! And the guys with these high win rates they built up from long ago aren't feeling it because of the statistical advantage they have in numbers alone! I never was a top player but I know when I'm playing great games only to lose and find out the guys in the tier higher tanks on my side have 200 games and are playing tier7 tanks! Then lo and behold you see that there was three or four of them on your side! No freakin wonder you lost while playing great. Or you make a call, they start to move with you until your commited and the find out they pealed off and hid while you get pummeled by the red team! Too late for you, they don't understand the team aspect of the game and think only of themselves! Then you get that idiot that says" well your dead", then sits there  until the reds come and kill them while they shoot rocks! You done more damage in the 30 seconds than they done sitting and sniping in a kv2 or kv1 in a light tank? It's our imagination? For weeks at a time? Months? Yeah right!

Dude, learn how to paragraph. 

TLDR, and wasn't interested in a wall of text. 

Edited by 4sfield, 08 January 2018 - 02:54 AM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

celestron2 #28 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostPosit1ve_, on 16 December 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

On the contrary:

Noobs make you win more (if you have over a 50% winrate)

1. There is a higher chance they will be on red (6/13 chance form them being on your team, 7/13 for them being on the other team)

2. They make it easier to have a large impact on the game

You wanna know why winning at low tiers is easy? (I'll give you a hint: It's not because the playerbase there is better)

And there's always room for personal improvement. If you're not winning as much as you like, you're just not good enough to club the noobs quickly/proficiently enough. It is definitely feasible to win 70%+ of your games if you're good enough.

Wow. My stats aren’t close to yours if yours are 70% and I have 29000 battles.  

My question for the OP: are the games interesting? At tier 9-10, I don’t see rediculously stupid playing.  I see game players using strategy that is personally objectionable (park-and-camp). I see players fail to take advantage of red mistakes and that fail to go to the enemy when it’s appropriate. Only ocassionally a bunch commit suicide.

I take it based on the OPs complaint that the OP has a relatively high stat and is in some sort of danger of reduction due to what he is experiencing with team mates.  

I have an alternate universe suggestion, but has unfortunate social implications in this reality (forum):

Don’t worry quite so much about stats.  Exploit and maneuver when logically possible and anticipate that situationally award team mates will provide  support. Follow the lead of operators showing initiative. Maybe you’ll get killed.  But when it works, the experiential reward is worth it. Playing overly cautious gaming on account of team-doubt is stressful. But be aware that if you take this recommendation, you’re likely to get as flamed as I am about to be.

NoobieDude #29 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3014 battles
  • [CYRUS]
OP this happens so much... I am finding this is the normalcy of the playerbase...but it helps me get aces in my tanks...6 kills and over 2k damage in my D.W.2 a day or two ago...go team....lol...

TonyRomano #30 Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20181 battles
  • [MURDA]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 16 December 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

On the contrary:

Noobs make you win more (if you have over a 50% winrate)

1. There is a higher chance they will be on red (6/13 chance form them being on your team, 7/13 for them being on the other team)

2. They make it easier to have a large impact on the game

You wanna know why winning at low tiers is easy? (I'll give you a hint: It's not because the playerbase there is better)

And there's always room for personal improvement. If you're not winning as much as you like, you're just not good enough to club the noobs quickly/proficiently enough. It is definitely feasible to win 70%+ of your games if you're good enough.

Math is hard. So is self evaluation.

After months of study I concluded my game is the only thing I can blame for not winning more. Everything else is luck of the draw. WG if nothing else has made game more and more “balanced”. On old maps knowing key spots and driving certain tanks was a big plus to winning. Now it is so flat and equal there is often nothing one player can do to prevent win or loss. However skill and playing smart will win more than brute force or aggression.

zayjayspray #31 Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5746 battles
  • [DRSI4]
I've only been playing for a little bit. I find it interesting that a platoon only allows for 1 team member. Isn't there anyway to make a crew of members? Wouldn't that solve the problem of playing with weaker teammates?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users