Recruitment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Judgementbringer #1 Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34206 battles
  • [_PNW_]

I recently started a new clan.  I had one before but disbanned it due to lack of interest.  This one, however is different and more structured.  The thing is I have several requirements that must be met before a new member is allowed in.  >50% WR, minimum of 300 games, no less than 3 star honor rating, must not be inactive >30 days (this is changing to 14 days at the new year).  To be a leader however they must obtain and maintain >50% WR, 1000 games minimum, 10% of their tanks must be Aced, HR must be 75% or better.  But there is a problem.  That is with the HR.  You can hit the enemy all day long and not penetrate, but there is no stat for this and therefore it is impossible to evaluate how effective a player is.  I have suggested this to WG with very little respond except for the canned replies.  PR (penetration rate) can easily be calulated by dividing the actual penetrations by the hits produced in a battle just as HR is calculated by dividing the hit by the number of shots fired.  

To me this is an important stat that can help me, and possibly other clan leaders, in determining if a potential recruit is right for the clan.  Opinions please.

CelticVoivod #2 Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39070 battles
  • [KRONO]
This is the first instance of anyone caring about hit rate that I have seen. Many people play autoloaders in their lower tiers. You might be cutting your nose off to spite your face with this requirement. Look more to average damage per individual tank and tier to get a better idea of someone's competence in battle.

KELL - TICK - VOY - VOD.

WE ARE KRONOS.

LAPPELduvide #3 Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Caring about HR% is almost as useless as caring about the old Personal Rating. Plus anyone with one good eye and and only mild brain damage can have a 75% HR. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

slayer_____ #4 Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 35807 battles
  • [ATA2D]
Average damage and average XP is very important. Look at their higher tier tanks and see if they have progressed with game experience. Then use your scale for WR to allow in or not. The other stats are “just stats”. 

Judgementbringer #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34206 battles
  • [_PNW_]
What hit rate tells me is that the player knows how to shoot straight, that they dont rush their shots and know when to use the scope and when to turn it off to drive.  If you cant hit the target you can’t damage it, so you become a hindrance to you team because your not doing your part.  Win rate at least gives an idea of ones level of participation, if the honor rating were more effective win rate could be better evaluated.  Tweeking the honor system by deducting 2 or 3 positives for one negative would make the system less prone to skuing by fellow clans members as I see happening throughout the world of Blitz.  But back to hit rate.  This stat can be better understood if a penetration ratio were included.  Thus rating or stat would reveal a players knowledge of both tank weakness and ammo knowledge.  As it stands now hit rate only show that a player either can or cannot shoot.  With a penetration ratio it shows how effect his shooting skills are.

NoobieDude #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3020 battles
  • [CYRUS]

im looking for a better clan than im in now...J.S.

BluesAllDay #7 Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostJudgementbringer, on 02 January 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

What hit rate tells me is that the player knows how to shoot straight, that they dont rush their shots and know when to use the scope and when to turn it off to drive.  If you cant hit the target you can’t damage it, so you become a hindrance to you team because your not doing your part.  Win rate at least gives an idea of ones level of participation, if the honor rating were more effective win rate could be better evaluated.  Tweeking the honor system by deducting 2 or 3 positives for one negative would make the system less prone to skuing by fellow clans members as I see happening throughout the world of Blitz.  But back to hit rate.  This stat can be better understood if a penetration ratio were included.  Thus rating or stat would reveal a players knowledge of both tank weakness and ammo knowledge.  As it stands now hit rate only show that a player either can or cannot shoot.  With a penetration ratio it shows how effect his shooting skills are.

I have a pretty good hit rate. I’m on the scope way to much and I hardly do any damage. It’s funny to look at the battle reports and see all the modules I hit with zero damage. Just last week I hit the same tank seven times, the report was lit up like a Christmas tree. Tracks, turret, gun, you name it I hit it. Nothing is what I got. A big goose egg on the damage delivered.

MH is about as silly. I’ve got all of my stars lit up and never once received a thumbs down for anything. How is it possible to get all the hate mail after battle and not get a thumbs down. I’ve got five stars and no clue how to make hitting modules actually do damage. Also even though MH shows me as some sort of impeccable player I have horrible map awareness and I make bad decisions most of the time. Should I go around the right side of the rock or the left side? Don’t follow me, I’ll go the wrong way more times than not. 

Also tagged with Recruitment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users