• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Corn_Pop #121 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

Cya Lokeen. You’re a righteous dude.

I’m sticking around to watch this place burn to the ground.

ABN_Bearcat #122 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41052 battles
  • [DEF_6]
Can’t say that I blame you one bit. Thanks for all that you did and well put. :medal::honoring:

dindincf #123 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:53 AM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 23493 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Being a player that prefers lights/meds it can be pretty depressing watching all the nerfs getting handed out.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/dindincf                                            

#bringtankboomback

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A / JPE-100 / AMX 50B

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

isaols #124 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14819 battles
Sad to see you go Lokeen. Although we weren’t friends in game, it still feels like I’m losing a friend because of all your input here and on the boom.   Thanks for all your contributions and for being classy. You will be missed by more blitz tankers than you know. Good luck 07. 

Turd___Ferguson #125 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [0081]

View PostLokeen, on 27 December 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Ah Turd I will miss you as well!

Worth coming out of hiding to say good luck to a great member of he community. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

smalljamalkamal #126 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36698 battles
  • [III]
o7, Lokeen. I don’t know you personally, but I’ve always appreciated your posts and everything else you’ve brought to the community (and occasionally when you’ve been on green!). You’ve always been a class act, and I wish you nothing but the best.

WareJC #127 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13468 battles
  • [2PINT]

View PostLokeen, on 27 December 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

My Fellow Tankers......

Well the time has come for me to officially say good-bye.  WOT Blitz has run it's course for me.

After countless hours creating editing and producing music and videos, 100 podcast episodes, Club Wargaming, numerous contests/events and additional countless hours helping others, I just don't find any enjoyment in playing anymore.  To be honest I probably would have quit long ago if it wasn't for the priceless friendships I've made through this game.  I'd like to name all of the people who have made a difference in my life during my Blitz journey over the past 3 years but the list is to long and I'll undoubtedly forget to mention someone so I won't, and really I don't need to, you know who you are.

Some of you will wonder why I'm quitting after putting 3 years and over $3,000 CAD into this game so I'll give you the 3 MAIN reasons.

1. Everything has a lifespan - After 3 years I've done everything I wanted and accomplished all my goals in Blitz.  As I said above, I've been here for quite some time due 90% to the relationships I've formed through Blitz.

2. SPARE PARTS - Duck you WG, taking all my equipment away and replacing it with your spare parts system basically removed any desire I had to acquire new tanks.  Why would I?  To wait 3 months before they're fully equipped, no thanks.

And to those of you that say (including WG) "Oh you can just run tanks with no equipment"  Yeah? After running them with equipment for the past 2 years it's not and will never be the same, nor acceptable.  That change really hurt.

3. Wargaming's changes in staff and staff focus - In CWG we used to get gold to give away to players during contests/events. Let me restate that....NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT TO GIVE AWAY TO OTHER PLAYERS.  CC_Sly was an absolute BOSS when it came to support and communication in CWG.  In the past year Wargaming has removed the NA dedicated staff and the new mindset of the company is basically "You get nothing from us, you got to much in the past, you don't like it, to ducking bad."  They just don't care anymore.

I'm going to stay on Discord on both Thunderstorm Clan and The Bear's Den (my personal) servers so if any of you want to contact me you can do it there.

Now the other part of the news.....I'm still tanking! :)

Blitz was never about being mobile for me and historically I was always a console gamer so now I'm on WOT console on PS4!  It's so much better than Blitz IMO!  So if any of you play on PS4 feel free to add me....Lokeen75 is my IGN.

I'm sad to officially say good-bye but I also have no regrets.  I'm am thankful for the hours of fun this game has provided me and I could never put into words how lucky I am to have the truly amazing friends I've met through playing.

So maybe I'll see some of you on console, maybe we'll chat on discord or text but regardless......

o7 & Stay Classy!

Well crap.

"Your lack of effort or your death is not my concern. However lack of effort will lead to your death by their hand or mine."

Gavidoc01 #128 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42176 battles
  • [III]

Take it easy man. Tried ps4 and like Blartch, the controls don’t agree with me and I’m a pretty good console player. Old dog, new tricks, struggle is real. 

I always thought you sounded like “The Dude” in the podcast. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

MarBearCat #129 Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22386 battles
  • [SDWA]

I really enjoyed our toons. I am sad, very sad. 

I saved a pic of you giving little me a "Well done" after we tooned a battle

where I played well over my head. Doing great when tooning with a great

player well, it's a great feeling. ........

Spoiler

We will all miss you :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

_War_Child_ #130 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35861 battles
  • [III-C]

Reminiscing about the past today, I came across my absolute favorite video out of all the ones I've produced over the years (1:30 long).  Not our most strategic of attacks, but memorable nonetheless.  I find it an appropriate sendoff for the man, the legend...

One last time into the breach we go, our band of brothers...

YouTube: https://youtu.be/bcwYL6cDgzc

They really were the best of times!

:honoring: my friend.

_War_Child_

PS - the laughing hyena is Lokeen.

Augustus_Sohn #131 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]

I'm with you, Lo. The game is now something to fill time while I am waiting somewhere or on the crapper. I feel no need to play it anymore. My boys still love it, and that fine for them; their vision of Blitz is very simplistic. 

It's lost all of its charm. So I've gone over  (like you) to a bigger version of it, but the PC version. I'm having a blast. It's definitely bigger and better. We'll see each other on Facebook. 

Take care.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Lokeen #132 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostG0ClimbAR0ck, on 27 December 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Can I have your M60?

Hope life treats you well outside blitz. And do not be surprised if and when wot goes downhill like blitz, as they are made by the same company. I have no intention of jumping platforms as I don’t want to regrind anything. o7, Lokeen.

Yeah bro, it's in my garage.....I left the keys in it for ya! :)

Lokeen #133 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Postjensen215_, on 27 December 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Oh Lokeen, not you too?

You will be missed and it was an honor to be on your podcast and to work with you in CWG. It is truly a shame to what this game has become with my reasons for myself staying on becoming fewer and fewer. Thank you so much for all which you have done for this community and best of luck with whatever you choose to do next!

o7

It was a pleasure Sir o7

Lokeen #134 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Postdindincf, on 27 December 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Being a player that prefers lights/meds it can be pretty depressing watching all the nerfs getting handed out.

I'm loving the lights and mediums on the bigger maps and there's tier X lights!  My first console X is the German Light......so sweet!

Lokeen #135 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Postisaols, on 27 December 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

Sad to see you go Lokeen. Although we weren’t friends in game, it still feels like I’m losing a friend because of all your input here and on the boom.   Thanks for all your contributions and for being classy. You will be missed by more blitz tankers than you know. Good luck 07.

I'm starting to realize that lol.  Thank you and o7.

Lokeen #136 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostGavidoc01, on 27 December 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

Take it easy man. Tried ps4 and like Blartch, the controls don’t agree with me and I’m a pretty good console player. Old dog, new tricks, struggle is real.

I always thought you sounded like “The Dude” in the podcast.

LOL that is one righteous compliment bro, thanks! :)

Lokeen #137 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostMarBearCat, on 28 December 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

I really enjoyed our toons. I am sad, very sad.

I saved a pic of you giving little me a "Well done" after we tooned a battle

where I played well over my head. Doing great when tooning with a great

player well, it's a great feeling. ........

Spoiler

We will all miss you :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you my friend.  I always enjoyed our forum banter and toons when we could coordinate the time. o7 Brother

Lokeen #138 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Post_War_Child_, on 28 December 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

Reminiscing about the past today, I came across my absolute favorite video out of all the ones I've produced over the years (1:30 long).  Not our most strategic of attacks, but memorable nonetheless.  I find it an appropriate sendoff for the man, the legend...

One last time into the breach we go, our band of brothers...

YouTube: https://youtu.be/bcwYL6cDgzc

They really were the best of times!

:honoring: my friend.

_War_Child_

PS - the laughing hyena is Lokeen.

THIS ^^^ and meeting a bunch of my fellow tankers at Awesome Tank Day in Ottawa are probably my two favourite memories from Blitz. :)

Thanks for this Brew!

Lokeen #139 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostA_U_G_U_S_T_U_S, on 28 December 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

I'm with you, Lo. The game is now something to fill time while I am waiting somewhere or on the crapper. I feel no need to play it anymore. My boys still love it, and that fine for them; their vision of Blitz is very simplistic.

It's lost all of its charm. So I've gone over  (like you) to a bigger version of it, but the PC version. I'm having a blast. It's definitely bigger and better. We'll see each other on Facebook.

Take care.

Yeah, there's just no desire to play Blitz anymore unfortunately.  Keep in touch my friend. o7

__Crusader6__ #140 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59642 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostLokeen, on 28 December 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yeah, there's just no desire to play Blitz anymore unfortunately.  Keep in touch my friend. o7

Still not accepting your leaving, you don’t have my permission;)

Thus, I refuse to to say goodbye.   

You and Warlord49/Palerider/GipsyDanger49 (or whatever Ed is calling himself today) are the two who brought me into Triarii.  

Your efforts for this community are epic - we all burn out, but I don’t quit and know you don’t either. 

I will I’ll badger you to the end of the earth to remain. 

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Also tagged with friends, community, everythingends

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users