• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Lokeen #141 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 28 December 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

Still not accepting your leaving, you don’t have my permission;)

Thus, I refuse to to say goodbye.  

You and Warlord49/Palerider/GipsyDanger49 (or whatever Ed is calling himself today) are the two who brought me into Triarii.

Your efforts for this community are epic - we all burn out, but I don’t quit and know you don’t either.

I will I’ll badger you to the end of the earth to remain.

Well my account is still active and I haven't deleted blitz from my iPad yet so you just may see a random appearance here and there.  Although after using a PS4 controller again it seems so foreign to hold a whole iPad in my hands to play a game lol.

If I do happen to pop on I'll be sure and look for you brother! o7

Howitzer_155 #142 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]

View Postr0cKeT, on 27 December 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Cya Lokeen. You’re a righteous dude.

I’m sticking around to watch this place burn to the ground.

the c4 satchel charge is fused up and ready to

blow. i will also be around to see it burn....what a glorious day it will be.  

__Stinky__ #143 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18141 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostLokeen, on 27 December 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

My Fellow Tankers......

Well the time has come for me to officially say good-bye.  WOT Blitz has run it's course for me.

After countless hours creating editing and producing music and videos, 100 podcast episodes, Club Wargaming, numerous contests/events and additional countless hours helping others, I just don't find any enjoyment in playing anymore.  To be honest I probably would have quit long ago if it wasn't for the priceless friendships I've made through this game.  I'd like to name all of the people who have made a difference in my life during my Blitz journey over the past 3 years but the list is to long and I'll undoubtedly forget to mention someone so I won't, and really I don't need to, you know who you are.

Some of you will wonder why I'm quitting after putting 3 years and over $3,000 CAD into this game so I'll give you the 3 MAIN reasons.

1. Everything has a lifespan - After 3 years I've done everything I wanted and accomplished all my goals in Blitz.  As I said above, I've been here for quite some time due 90% to the relationships I've formed through Blitz.

2. SPARE PARTS - Duck you WG, taking all my equipment away and replacing it with your spare parts system basically removed any desire I had to acquire new tanks.  Why would I?  To wait 3 months before they're fully equipped, no thanks.

And to those of you that say (including WG) "Oh you can just run tanks with no equipment"  Yeah? After running them with equipment for the past 2 years it's not and will never be the same, nor acceptable.  That change really hurt.

3. Wargaming's changes in staff and staff focus - In CWG we used to get gold to give away to players during contests/events. Let me restate that....NOT FOR OURSELVES BUT TO GIVE AWAY TO OTHER PLAYERS.  CC_Sly was an absolute BOSS when it came to support and communication in CWG.  In the past year Wargaming has removed the NA dedicated staff and the new mindset of the company is basically "You get nothing from us, you got to much in the past, you don't like it, to ducking bad."  They just don't care anymore.

I'm going to stay on Discord on both Thunderstorm Clan and The Bear's Den (my personal) servers so if any of you want to contact me you can do it there.

Now the other part of the news.....I'm still tanking! :)

Blitz was never about being mobile for me and historically I was always a console gamer so now I'm on WOT console on PS4!  It's so much better than Blitz IMO!  So if any of you play on PS4 feel free to add me....Lokeen75 is my IGN.

I'm sad to officially say good-bye but I also have no regrets.  I'm am thankful for the hours of fun this game has provided me and I could never put into words how lucky I am to have the truly amazing friends I've met through playing.

So maybe I'll see some of you on console, maybe we'll chat on discord or text but regardless......

o7 & Stay Classy!

You will be missed and as the guy that did my "platoon interview" into Storm when I was under the user name Everybody_Poops you made a fun event, by starting off the platoon with that REM song "Everybody Hurts" and yes you're welcome now it's in your head again.  

I think the name will have to go back to Everybody_Poops in honor of you leaving blitz.  I like Bear loved how I carried a game (with your guidance of course) on voice and I got the Lokeen seal of approval with "you carried that game very nicely, therefore you get a sociable player award" if you couldn't hear it, my eyes were rolling out of their sockets after that.

I always enjoyed the podcast and hearing you DJ during Anon's stream and the one good thing about platooning with you (there were others, but this one stands out) is people would focus you so I could farm some damage.

bigpoppadaddy #144 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

• Players
  • 69683 battles
  • [FLOOP]

Later days!!  I feel your pain.

Well, here we go. More and more true blitzers packing it in and calling it quits. I swear every time this  happens a Typical 40%er w/400 avg Damage buys a Tier X. RIP

Edited by bigpoppadaddy, 28 December 2017 - 03:11 PM.

I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

Lokeen #145 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostTickle_My_Pickles, on 28 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

You will be missed and as the guy that did my "platoon interview" into Storm when I was under the user name Everybody_Poops you made a fun event, by starting off the platoon with that REM song "Everybody Hurts" and yes you're welcome now it's in your head again. 

I think the name will have to go back to Everybody_Poops in honor of you leaving blitz.  I like Bear loved how I carried a game (with your guidance of course) on voice and I got the Lokeen seal of approval with "you carried that game very nicely, therefore you get a sociable player award" if you couldn't hear it, my eyes were rolling out of their sockets after that.

I always enjoyed the podcast and hearing you DJ during Anon's stream and the one good thing about platooning with you (there were others, but this one stands out) is people would focus you so I could farm some damage.

Hahaha now I will sing that song the rest of the day!

"You carried that game with 2000+ damage and 4 kills, here's your polite player up vote!" HAHAHA

I myself have been wondering how all my platoon mates are going to handle having to play without their favorite targeted meat shield to help them

Very kind words and I thank you. o7 Bro

___ez_e___ #146 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62016 battles
  • [GORT]

07 Lokeen.  

You will definitely be missed.  

Lokeen #147 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View Post___ez_e___, on 28 December 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

07 Lokeen.

You will definitely be missed.

Thanks brother, you're one of the good ones for sure. o7

AntoineDodson #148 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28145 battles
  • [DOOMD]

I haven't been around long enough but I can tell by others that you were a good player and person.

So that I say 07.

Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

Sher9lock #149 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25193 battles
  • [COD]
Many thanx here from a fellow Canuck. Appreciated the podcasts and the humour. 07

My_Dixie_Wrecked_ #150 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26487 battles
  • [RBLN]

You’re getting out at a good time, the game is still somewhat enjoyable in small doses but it’ll slowly get shîttèr & shîttër as shîtgaming get more & more money hungry

Oxbridge #151 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 15863 battles
  • [-CFE-]
o7 Lokeen! The community we have built won't be great without you. Godspeed!
Spoiler

steelcityplayer36 #152 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26327 battles
  • [III-H]

All the best to you Lokeen. 

o7

reluctanttheist #153 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25094 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 28 December 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

the c4 satchel charge is fused up and ready to

blow. i will also be around to see it burn....what a glorious day it will be.  

If only the server pops agreed with this.... the game is not burning to the ground in terms of QUANTITY of players, just in QUALITY of players.  All us vets are free to walk away, knowing that a new horde of dimwits are out there blowing up tanks.  And until WG makes it more of a priority to improve the quality of their players, it's not going to get any better.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Bob3468 #154 Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8254 battles
  • [EVIL]

View PostTurd___Ferguson, on 27 December 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Always good for a laugh. You'll be missed 

Your still here?!?!?

I'm a TRPD member, I saved some seals once, and here are some Quotes of pure wisdom and knowledge:

"I've never seen a pidgeon die from eating off the ground, so what's the big whoop." 

-Peter Griffin 

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid"

-Terry Bradshaw

Player19696657 #155 Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

Yes, I Shot You with Gold

• Players
  • 32837 battles

And another one leaves.  Glad to have been part of the story at least in a small way.  From opening day with the IS—2 to awesome tank day on Ottawa watching you slide around on the dirt in a live tank  it’s been a blast.   Best of luck my man and stay classy 

Parrott_Cannon #156 Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:10 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 46708 battles
  • [DEF_V]
Ughh, hard one to read. Sorry to see you leave, but glad your finding enjoyment on another platform. How can I count... Victory platoons, drunken banter on chat, being convinced while said drinking, buying the roach is a good idea,( yea...not). Endless countdowns, Lokeen yoloing to opposite side of maps, stinky dank T29 turrets, just too many to list. Take care, and EABOD indeed. 

acrisis #157 Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View Post_War_Child_, on 28 December 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

Reminiscing about the past today, I came across my absolute favorite video out of all the ones I've produced over the years (1:30 long).  Not our most strategic of attacks, but memorable nonetheless.  I find it an appropriate sendoff for the man, the legend...

One last time into the breach we go, our band of brothers...

YouTube: https://youtu.be/bcwYL6cDgzc

They really were the best of times!

:honoring: my friend.

_War_Child_

PS - the laughing hyena is Lokeen.

My ringtone!!! 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

mbrcmf #158 Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23268 battles

This is appropriate for Lokeen.

o7 Lokeen. 

Bob3468 #159 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8254 battles
  • [EVIL]
Every road has an ending point.

o7 and stay Cheeki Breeki
I'm a TRPD member, I saved some seals once, and here are some Quotes of pure wisdom and knowledge:

"I've never seen a pidgeon die from eating off the ground, so what's the big whoop." 

-Peter Griffin 

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid"

-Terry Bradshaw

HugGigolo #160 Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21865 battles
  • [AGILE]

Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed Tank Boom. I wish you all the best in your future tanking endeavours

Also tagged with friends, community, everythingends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users