community forums youtube

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12376 battles
  • [HATED]

The community in Blitz is undoubtedly the best tool for improving. People can ask for advice, watch videos and tutorials, and generally have a good time. However, from within the game, the only way to access it is to go into the main menu and scroll down; it's located very inconspicuously and I don't think the tutorial even mentions it. This is a huge detriment for new players. 

Personally, I was 38% win rate before I found the forums and YouTube channels. The new resources taught me about the basics like sidescraping and camo, which I had literally no idea about before. Part of this is due to the lackluster tutorial that in no way does justice to such a nuanced and unique game like Blitz, but also it's due to this uniqueness that the community is so important. This isn't a game like Call of Duty in which the gameplay is straightforward and aim will naturally improve over time; if a player doesn't learn about the specifics of the camo mechanic I doubt he'll ever get the full truth no matter how many games he plays.

I think the resources the community provides would greatly improve the playerbase if it were made clearly available to them. I don't know, maybe have a tab or something (where the event tab goes currently) that leads to the forums (during an event have the two tabs share the space), whatever; just make it clear for new players that this is how to improve.

Rum_Tanker #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7385 battles
Its a great idea, and I see so many other games with a forum link in game. 

little_brother_of_war #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 13934 battles
  • [FROST]

Yes. They should also encourage players to explore the forums by providing a strong recommendation to do so, in the in-game tips and suggestions format already being utilized in the game.

Great idea, OP!    :great:

_Cletus #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23478 battles
  • [HAHA]
There's a tutorial?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

_The_Tactition_ #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:22 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19491 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Great idea, wont be done since “there are other things to focus on”.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

PinDadNW #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39630 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I can't remember the last time I read a helpfull post from this community. Maybe they could just post instructional posts in game.

Edited by PinDadNW, 03 January 2018 - 05:07 AM.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

Absolute_Sniper #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35598 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Want people on the forum? Wargamming could make it happen in an instant by making a reward for registering on the forums and posting. Imagine how many people would be at least checking it out for the first time if they gave everyone a lame tier 2 premium for posting at least once a day for say 5 days. We would be flooded with new forumers. Yes several would go away after the fifth day but many others would stick around. Biggest reason, in my opinion why they don’t is the forums have been completely toxic for quite a bit with a bunch of wargamming bashing. Just imagine if everyone playing knew the blitz fair wasn’t fair? How much money would they lose? If we want more people on here it’s up to us.

Hondosarge_RR #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2724 battles
  • [TAA]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 03 January 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

Want people on the forum? Wargamming could make it happen in an instant by making a reward for registering on the forums and posting. Imagine how many people would be at least checking it out for the first time if they gave everyone a lame tier 2 premium for posting at least once a day for say 5 days. We would be flooded with new forumers. Yes several would go away after the fifth day but many others would stick around. Biggest reason, in my opinion why they don’t is the forums have been completely toxic for quite a bit with a bunch of wargamming bashing. Just imagine if everyone playing knew the blitz fair wasn’t fair? How much money would they lose? If we want more people on here it’s up to us.

If WG was to institute an in game reward for posting topics on the forums, can you imagine how many "Ur Mom is my Tank" posts will suddenly appear overnight the day after the patch was published?

_Hav0k #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

Professional Löwe Driver

• Players
  • 49075 battles
  • [RIVAL]

This will either go two ways:

1. The newbies/noobs will go to the forums and learn to play and become valued members of the community.

2. Troll-infested forum

"And I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 

WREAKING HAVOK

barca_fan_1967 #10 Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Blaugrana al vent

• Players
  • 34179 battles
  • [DOMN8]

View PostSpace_Ape_Marksman, on 03 January 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

This will either go two ways:

1. The newbies/noobs will go to the forums and learn to play and become valued members of the community.

2. Troll-infested forum

Odds are better for number 2.

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

Also tagged with community, forums, youtube

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users