New game mode: Bridges

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

someguyfromPitt #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43796 battles
  • [III-C]

To have a moble form of unique Strongolds for Blitz, I propose Bridges as a clan only battle stage. 

It would be a double decker linear map, using places like Brooklyn Bridge, London Bridge, amd Pittsburgh's own Fort Pitt with tunnel entrances. 

These linar maps could have 5 capure points, with teams only able to capture 4 at a time

Games could be 20 minutes. Respawns 5 to 10 seconds after destruction at neutral or team captured bases.

Each tank earns +1 base capture point in cap over the opposition number of tanks. Equal numbers do not earn points like in Spremacy now. 

Points rated games, 20 points for a base capture.  10 points for each 30 seconds, 5 points for 17 seconds held. ×2 bonus each minute for points. 

This is your ticket for a new gameplay. Single layer bridges with 30 second lift on two sections. Double and tripple decker real and fake Bridges.

Please seriously consider. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Player_5773117413 #2 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

I think this would be a great idea for PC, but the map size and battle length would be a bit too long for mobile. Unless you can scale it down...

And on the topic of respawns...when does ammo become a concern? Or do you restock when you respawn? But then what about the tanks that stay alive? Comet, JagTig, or DeathStar could run out of rounds quick if they stay alive but keep knocking out red tanks that keep coming back, jus sayin'.

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

j0nn0 #3 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16170 battles
  • [XREGZ]

Biggest issue I see is the duration and respawn. If it were restricted to maybe 10 minute games and a 3 tank “respawn” queue made of 3 chosen tanks from your garage lineup, I see potential. The three respawn queue would be your choice of any three tanks in your garage, within a limited tier cap depending on rank or mode. You can then lineup a speedy initial capper tank and have two heavies queued up to hold the line mid to late game. Properly structure your strategy and respawn queue with your team and you can pull off some interesting tactics, even making use of kamikaze runs if you want to chance a base acquisition but could just as easily transition to your second tank in queue.

A key condition is that they must be tanks in your garage and a limit of one copy of each in your queue lineup. It forces you to make a strategy and tests preparedness. 

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

tedg5 #4 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 41774 battles
  • [AGOGO]
20 minute duration, better change the name as it’s certainly not Blitz anymore. :harp:

WizoGT379 #5 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6952 battles

To make team balanced, certain weight tanks and too many of em will collapse your bridge....

Spoiler

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

G_O_O_S_E #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Super Scumbucket

• Players
  • 23562 battles
  • [SCAMO]
You can’t balance this any way whatsoever. Td’s and Superheavies will be the only tanks worth playing. You can’t lock mediums, lights, and honestly about half of the td’s and heavies into corridors with nowhere else to go and expect them to succeed against dug in, sidescraping superheavies. Even if you balance out the tank types, the superheavies will just wreck everything else. NO balance whatsoever.  

someguyfromPitt #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43796 battles
  • [III-C]

Ok, change the time. Maybe 7 minutes are enough. Maybe no respawn.  

As for classes, perhaps certain bridge tiers of the stacked 3 tiers, that allow for different gameplay. Some with no cover, others with lightning lanes to strife hull down T62a's or other mediums. 

Any map/gameplay can be balanced. 

Edited by someguyfromPitt, 05 January 2018 - 01:02 AM.

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users