Jump to content


M60 sold out. WG masters of salesmanship?

cash grab gambling M60

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

_Duncan_Idaho_ #1 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38731 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

So, I was feeling a bit dumb for having blown my tickets on attempts at the "super game" once I realized is was not a good approach - akin to betting on a single number of the roulette table . . . . I got a type 64 and the EXP duck for my trouble but I spent more than they were worth, by far. . . . and unlike other posters, I did not get the chieftain, M60 or a useful amount of spare parts (I got 20k on one spin).

 

Anyhow, I saw the M60 show up in auction and thought I had wasted my tickets. . . then it sold out at something like the 1400 ticket level, maybe a bit higher? Assuming I kept all my "earned" tickets maybe I could have got to 150-200? leaving me with a net price of about 1250 - which is valued at about just under 2 $95 gold packages. . . so I would save my entire grind effort to get at the M60 auction only to pay $200 in addition to that effort.

 

I am wondering if the whole M60 debacle was actually a planned effort to create an unhealthy desire in the population and that WG is now manipulating that situation for maximum dollar. Last I checked, there were 250+ M60s left before the price dropped to 1400. That means at least 250 people were willing to drop at least $200 for a single premium tank. . .  and I am guessing they are happy customers. Salesmen are "want creators" and perceived value is a construct. . . WG is a master of the art of salesmanship if they can sell a $200 pixel tank to 250 happy customers. They just made 50 grand on a single sale. . . not to mention the major chunk of change they got out of the suckers like me for engaging in the super scam. . . (that said, if one didn't already have all the premiums in the legendary chest method, one could get more "value" from participating. . . for me, this event has finally opened my eyes. WG finally went too far with the gambling thing. I'll be saving all my cash for direct tank purchases. (I still support and enjoy the game, even though I wish WG relied more on a committed community than on the wallets of suckers (sometimes including me) to make ends meet).


 

 


4sfield #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 33335 battles
  • 5,297
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

   A tank collector or a long time player with the cash to burn might think it was worth it. Any skrub who bought one thinking it was going to make him play better wasted his money. 

 

  I don’t really care, I got mine for free just for being loyal.


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


_chasey #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Unicum in training

  • Players
  • 18951 battles
  • 491
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View Post4sfield, on 06 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

  I don’t really care, I got mine for free just for being loyal.

 



Player_5773117413 #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 29962 battles
  • 8,991
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014
There's a 130+ page thread advertising it. And the only work that WG put into it was having a mod start it.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch


GenericMIKE #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

    The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

  • Players
  • 26297 battles
  • 5,281
  • [COFFY]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013
Some got free M60's in this event

 

 

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!


_Duncan_Idaho_ #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38731 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015
right, some lucky few (very few) got free M60s while many many players tried to get them in the very spendy super game and a few hundred just shelled out big bucks for a direct buy. A few feel "lucky" the rest feel scammed, but the house always wins, and in this case, WG winnings are vastly superior to those in Vegas, based on what I have heard about the payout rates in traditional gambling. . . hence my claim that WG is an organization that has mastered salesmanship. Seriously, I would venture a bet that they hold the title for extracting the maximum dollar amount per player of any game on the App Store. I am sure their model will be studied by future app developers who desire to master the free to play, pay for premium game model.

 

 


MarBearCat #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22386 battles
  • 11,629
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 06 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

So, I was feeling a bit dumb for having blown my tickets on attempts at the "super game" once I realized is was not a good approach - akin to betting on a single number of the roulette table . . . . I got a type 64 and the EXP duck for my trouble but I spent more than they were worth, by far. . . . and unlike other posters, I did not get the chieftain, M60 or a useful amount of spare parts (I got 20k on one spin).

 

Anyhow, I saw the M60 show up in auction and thought I had wasted my tickets. . . then it sold out at something like the 1400 ticket level, maybe a bit higher? Assuming I kept all my "earned" tickets maybe I could have got to 150-200? leaving me with a net price of about 1250 - which is valued at about just under 2 $95 gold packages. . . so I would save my entire grind effort to get at the M60 auction only to pay $200 in addition to that effort.

 

I am wondering if the whole M60 debacle was actually a planned effort to create an unhealthy desire in the population and that WG is now manipulating that situation for maximum dollar. Last I checked, there were 250+ M60s left before the price dropped to 1400. That means at least 250 people were willing to drop at least $200 for a single premium tank. . .  and I am guessing they are happy customers. Salesmen are "want creators" and perceived value is a construct. . . WG is a master of the art of salesmanship if they can sell a $200 pixel tank to 250 happy customers. They just made 50 grand on a single sale. . . not to mention the major chunk of change they got out of the suckers like me for engaging in the super scam. . . (that said, if one didn't already have all the premiums in the legendary chest method, one could get more "value" from participating. . . for me, this event has finally opened my eyes. WG finally went too far with the gambling thing. I'll be saving all my cash for direct tank purchases. (I still support and enjoy the game, even though I wish WG relied more on a committed community than on the wallets of suckers (sometimes including me) to make ends meet).

 

How on earth did you get the 64? I super spun 13 times needing only one more hit and got squat!!!

 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


smalljamalkamal #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36195 battles
  • 284
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-06-2015
1200 tickets was the floor price. As soon as it hit that, they sold quickly. I watched as it happened - 17 were sold within 10 seconds of it hitting the floor price.

YourTypicalNoob #9 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12696 battles
  • 1,239
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015
More 500 battle morons in tier X

BAR_001 #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26695 battles
  • 1,989
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2017

View Postsmalljamalkamal, on 06 January 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

1200 tickets was the floor price. As soon as it hit that, they sold quickly. I watched as it happened - 17 were sold within 10 seconds of it hitting the floor price.

 

Yea, I was watching too. they went pretty quick last night. Amazing.

yermama #11 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 40706 battles
  • 787
  • [RCAF]
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

I am one of the original loyals who got the M60 back in the day... i am not a unicum but am a decent player (my Wn7/8 backs this up) but Tier X is so toxic I rarely venture there. My M60 sits idle

. I am happy in Tier 7 and 8 and sometimes Tier 9. 



Howitzer_155 #12 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43698 battles
  • 4,546
  • [DD]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostYourTypicalNoob, on 06 January 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

More 500 battle morons in tier X

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



Howitzer_155 #13 Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43698 battles
  • 4,546
  • [DD]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Postyermama, on 06 January 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

I am one of the original loyals who got the M60 back in the day... i am not a unicum but am a decent player (my Wn7/8 backs this up) but Tier X is so toxic I rarely venture there. My M60 sits idle

. I am happy in Tier 7 and 8 and sometimes Tier 9. 

ive been playing mainly tier9-10 for the past 1400 games and i agree its toxic AF.  



TheFluffiestSeal #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

    Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

  • Players
  • 14889 battles
  • 1,569
  • [-RGN-]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015

View Postyermama, on 06 January 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I am one of the original loyals who got the M60 back in the day... i am not a unicum but am a decent player (my Wn7/8 backs this up) but Tier X is so toxic I rarely venture there. My M60 sits idle

. I am happy in Tier 7 and 8 and sometimes Tier 9. 

 

Hey then. Can i have it? ;)

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)


FesteringWound #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 5150 battles
  • 6
  • [-RVG-]
  • Member since:
    09-29-2017

View PostYourTypicalNoob, on 06 January 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

More 500 battle morons in tier X

 

The experienced players are going to wipe the floor with these guys. $200 on a tank when there's a regular tech tree tank with better stats, winrate, armor, survivability, etc. Collecting tanks is one thing but this is like the players with 12 battles thinking a Pz B2 is a killer heavy that will somehow turn everything around.

9_V0LT #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:38 AM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 9142 battles
  • 2,460
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

They would have made more money on selling the Helsing. 

I wonder why they they sold the Drac, but not the Helsing. 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


AdmiralAlvin #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 49 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-04-2016

I suspect they didn't sell out at all: Wargaming had labelled the EXP as sold out in the first day in the Asia server. That's when the IS3D still cost 2200 tickets. Reason behind? They want those who want the IS3D to gold it when it costs most.

 


 


Sepp_Ulrich #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39551 battles
  • 1,081
  • [21DAK]
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016
Marketing trick. They didn´t sell 250 M 60. Just created the need to have one. It´s possible they sold 25 or 30 M 60 at the most, when people thought they were selling so fast, but it was only a marketing technique.
The Angel of Verdun

j0nn0 #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:02 AM

    F2P Skrub

  • Players
  • 19319 battles
  • 3,060
  • [XREGS]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostYourTypicalNoob, on 06 January 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

More 500 battle morons in tier X

 

Hey, more people to farm SP off of in my T54E1. If two happen to cross my path at the right time, I'm not complaining. Upper tiers seem to suck more than mid-tiers lately anyways..

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.


TeruzukiKaiNi #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

    AMX Baguette Launcher

  • Players
  • 14736 battles
  • 848
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015

View Post__Seal__, on 06 January 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

Hey then. Can i have it? ;)

 


Officer of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Boosters ruined the game.






Also tagged with cash grab, gambling, M60

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users