• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #1 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 46117 battles
  • [III]

Caveat, I only play tier 8-10.

Before meds and Lights could passive spot with cam net and binos - and rammer was 10% RoF bonus.

So spotting on Maps could be key.

A Hard Turret Med (looking at you Cent 7/1) could sit some places - and spot most of the map using the +25% View Range of the binos, and the weaker turret meds could do same - but usually needed to be more passive.

You can spot on almost all the maps - but yes not all spot are ideal for engagement - which the binos and camo net made viable, as you could poke a dune, or sit on a hill, and direct fires from your team.

Also the Rammer, pre 3.8 it gave the DPM tanks (Meds and TD's) a greater bonus, as it was a 10% bonus not 7%, so tanks with great dpm got a better boost.

3.8's 7% Rammer dropped EVERYONES DPM, but the auto loaders.   That drop has never been satisfactory addressed.  

Now if we look at the Equipment combos it is setup to benefit Heavies and TD's the most.

Prior to 3.8 TD's could not mount VSTAB, so their ability to snap shoot was restricted.

Prior to 3.8 Heavies mostly would not mount optics - Rammer, Vents, VSTAB was the general combo, I ran optics on the autoloader heavies pre 3.8

3.8 also came right after the great Med Pen nerf (and the T-54 and Obj-140 turret nerf).

Add in 3.9's Prammo nerf and you get the perfect storm.

The game is MUCH less team oriented now - as Mediums and Lights do not get the effective view range bonuses they used to, and have suffered with nerf's all over.

Med DPM is lowered, Med Pen is hurt, and Prammo dmg reduced.

Heavies are more maneuverable, Heavy tanks have more armor, Heavy Tanks have more view range than before.

3.8 was very poorly implemented, and tank balancing since has been terribly affected.

I think the Blitz Dev Team TRIED to make it more team oriented - but clearly did not understand the game, and how it is played.

My Solution to 3.8 would be to remove the Binary Equipment choices and add some equipment into the Mix (yes Binos would be back) - as well as restricting some tanks from certain pieces of equipment (no VTSAB for you TD's, no Binos or cam nets for you Heavy tanks).

I would decrease the mobility bonuses for Heavy tanks, and bring rammer back to 10%, and up Calibrated shells to 7% pen boost, with no HESH/HEAT/HE bonus.

I'd also keep the prammo nerf, but bring Med Pen back to pre 3.6 levels, while bringing back the armor bonus to 5%.

Join the BCC, let's make Blitz great again together https://discord.gg/cdDdKMw

Certified Tank Hoarder: 307 tanks in Garage (53 now equipped w/ at least 1 Level 3 Slot, thx 3.8), 306/309 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~wallet warrior

WANTED: SPARE PARTS...

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11488 battles
  • [VF-1]
Yes please.

RoadKutter #3 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 24712 battles
  • [III-H]

Good idea! But I don’t think my garage would stay open after another equipment purge from WG.

Except Vstab, my Tank Dertroyers need it.

Edited by RoadKutter, 10 January 2018 - 02:37 PM.

Loyalty level achieved, M60 and the Chieftain complete my garage! 

Dark_Magician_Girl #4 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 19933 battles
  • [SRT]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 10 January 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Before meds and Lights could passive spot with cam net and binos - and rammer was 10% RoF bonus.

A Hard Turret Med (looking at you Cent 7/1) could sit some places - and spot most of the map using the +25% View Range of the binos, and the weaker turret meds could do same - but usually needed to be more passive.

You can spot on almost all the maps - but yes not all spot are ideal for engagement - which the binos and camo net made viable, as you could poke a dune, or sit on a hill, and direct fires from your team.

Also the Rammer, pre 3.8 it gave the DPM tanks (Meds and TD's) a greater bonus, as it was a 10% bonus not 7%, so tanks with great dpm got a better boost.

3.8's 7% Rammer dropped EVERYONES DPM, but the auto loaders.   That drop has never been satisfactory addressed.  

Now if we look at the Equipment combos it is setup to benefit Heavies and TD's the most.

Prior to 3.8 TD's could not mount VSTAB, so their ability to snap shoot was restricted.

Prior to 3.8 Heavies mostly would not mount optics - Rammer, Vents, VSTAB was the general combo, I ran optics on the autoloader heavies pre 3.8

3.8 also came right after the great Med Pen nerf (and the T-54 and Obj-140 turret nerf).

The game is MUCH less team oriented now - as Mediums and Lights do not get the effective view range bonuses they used to, and have suffered with nerf's all over.

Heavies are more maneuverable, Heavy tanks have more armor, Heavy Tanks have more view range than before.

3.8 was very poorly implemented, and tank balancing since has been terribly affected.

I think the Blitz Dev Team TRIED to make it more team oriented - but clearly did not understand the game, and how it is played.

My Solution to 3.8 would be to remove the Binary Equipment choices and add some equipment into the Mix (yes Binos would be back) - as well as restricting some tanks from certain pieces of equipment (no VTSAB for you TD's, no Binos or cam nets for you Heavy tanks).

I would decrease the mobility bonuses for Heavy tanks, and bring rammer back to 10%, and up Calibrated shells to 7% pen boost, with no HESH/HEAT/HE bonus.

I'd also keep the prammo nerf, but bring Med Pen back to pre 3.6 levels, while bringing back the armor bonus to 5%.

I actually think the 3.9 gold nerf was a good choice.  It put a premium on having good standard penetration and punishes people for wanting to not aim.  After much thought, I agree with the penetration nerfs to the mediums for the most part.  I think they could get 5mm back on their standard rounds (for every med) and some specific mediums could even receive other buffs (FV4202, E50M, 62, 140) so they would be more competitive.  If you want more penetration, you can run calibrated shells now, which has fixed the HEAT issue with +10% instead of +5%.  

I feel like the game is more team oriented now that clearer roles have been defined for tanks.  Heavy tanks can no longer sit at the back with a binocular telescope.  In hindsight, I like what they did for the most part.  Nerfs to mediums were a tad extreme, as now the IS7 has become the new medium tank, but this can be easily fixed with slight buffs to medium tanks.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

tedg5 #5 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [AGOGO]
This is a well thought out, positive idea. It’ll never fly. Our next improvements are going to be decided by a group of wild chimps banging on an old 1996 keyboard. :great:

wannabeunicum #6 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24632 battles
  • [-AFK-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 10 January 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I would say the better idea for heavies would be they get too choose between optics or armor. camo net and hp.

fluffyteddy763 #7 Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2589 battles
  • [RUDY]
I don't know, I feel like the PRAMO nerf was justified. Before, it was a point and click feature, now, you have to suffer a sort of drawback for using PRAMO. I don't agree with 3.8, the med nerf, and the rest of the poorly implemented tank balancing changes, but 3.9, I feel, was one of the more reasonable things WG had ever done.

https://www.blitzsta.../fluffyteddy763

Don't look at my stats! Don't. Don't. Don't! No, don't do it! Don't click that ^^^^^blue line! I promise you, you will be scarred for life. Don't do it. Don't click it! Do NOT!

boppinbobby #8 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37749 battles
  • [HJG2]

I must admit that now I am experimenting with my equipment setup rather than the original go to set up is reaping rewards in some tanks (KV2 and IS7 with refined gun).

I guess I underestimated how much unicums used to spam premium ammo in the old days just for the win.

Being an old fart I begrudge spending money (even virtual credits) on something just to get the job done quicker unless  my life depended on it, so the pramo nerf was needed.

Removing binocs has not stopped camping on maps it just induces rage from TD drivers to Spot more. the down side is that TD's won't spot an approaching threat until it's too late now and get whacked. This is only for the few who know how to play.

Overall I still think the problem is inexperience at game mechanics at higher tiers. I still think there should be some form of promotion scheme that you only get to move up a tier when the tank you are researching reaches 50% or thereabouts. Too high and you will loose the player base rapidy but I don't think anyone benefits from having people who loose more than win on their team or even in their battle.

It would also be a great way of stopping people who say can't drive lights from running an RU and dying in the first 10 seconds after yoloing into the red spawn.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #9 Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 43178 battles
  • [III-C]

I think there were too many changes done within a short span, and those combined into the disaster of Blitz as we now know it.

Taken individually, I actually support the prammo nerf as I think this places greater emphasis on aiming and using the tanks the way they are intended.  On its own, I did not like the equipment change, but we never had the opportunity to experiment with it much before other things were changed.

But basically the 3.8 Equipment change stands out as the worst decision implemented in this game thus far.  It has driven away players and has yielded less diversity in equipment choices, when it was intended to increase the diversity.  I like being able to change equipment easily, but I do not like having to make choices between one or the other only.  I used to really enjoy track grousers on those tanks that could use them.  Those have been gone since 3.8 and nothing else has come close to replacing them.  The tank handling was better with them.  Also new equipment adds no weight so the tank dynamics are not the same either. 

Really nothing I can say here that hasn't already been said many times elsewhere.  But it seems as though the gamers are the only ones reading this anyway, so not much we can do to change it.

__Seal__ #10 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 11279 battles
  • [COD-R]
Personally, I liked the prammo change. It benefited f2p and/or newer players who did not have the credits to spam gold, which had a CLEAR advantage in 95% of cases. I’m with DMG, I feel like the med nerfs were a bit extreme but for the most part deserved. I agree with nerfing the heavy’s mobility. Everything else I don’t have enough experience to judge upon.

Roses are red, my clan is so lit,

I'm good at this game, so __Seal__ with it!

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

theFANTASTICfox #11 Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

sparepartsophobia

• Players
  • 16891 battles
  • [PR3MO]

Grile nerf anyone? UK meds nerf anyone? 

BatChat 25t needs 105mm alpha

#1 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #4 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

__Crusader6__ #12 Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 46117 battles
  • [III]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 10 January 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

I actually think the 3.9 gold nerf was a good choice.  It put a premium on having good standard penetration and punishes people for wanting to not aim.  After much thought, I agree with the penetration nerfs to the mediums for the most part.  I think they could get 5mm back on their standard rounds (for every med) and some specific mediums could even receive other buffs (FV4202, E50M, 62, 140) so they would be more competitive.  If you want more penetration, you can run calibrated shells now, which has fixed the HEAT issue with +10% instead of +5%.  

I feel like the game is more team oriented now that clearer roles have been defined for tanks.  Heavy tanks can no longer sit at the back with a binocular telescope.  In hindsight, I like what they did for the most part.  Nerfs to mediums were a tad extreme, as now the IS7 has become the new medium tank, but this can be easily fixed with slight buffs to medium tanks.

I am not against the Gold Nerf as a stand alone.

I think the Med Pen nerf was done incorrectly.   Yes some tanks needed a nerf -- but the Cent 7/1/FV4202 APCR wasn't one of those.

I don't think that any tank should need prammo to pen a lower plate -- right now, a lot of Meds and the BC tanks cannot effectively pen many lower plates.   If some IS-7 clown rushes you (as he's just as fast as you) you are hosed - as you probably can't pen him, but he can pen you, and you cannot even relocate (unless your a Leo).

The Russian meds needed some balancing - but the 140 got overly whacked IMHO.

BC 25t needs a lot of things IMHO 

The ability to pen a non AFK Maus would be one.

Certified Tank Hoarder: 307 tanks in Garage (53 now equipped w/ at least 1 Level 3 Slot, thx 3.8), 306/309 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~wallet warrior

Meat_Locker #13 Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20905 battles
  • [MSAF]
Totally agree with Crusader6 on this stuff, especially the fact that some tanks are so up-armored that they can’t be penned at all. 

__Crusader6__ #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 46117 battles
  • [III]
 IS-7 needs a speed nerf.   

NICKEL_AND_DIME #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 43178 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 11 January 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

IS-7 needs a speed nerf.   

If it gets the speed nerf, expect an armor buff :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users