New capability for top tier heavies please

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

celestron2 #1 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

greetings:

the scenario is one we’re All familiar with: a high tier slow heavy (such as E100) is in the open and ambushed in very close proximity by a fast medium.  The medium circles around the heavy firing at will until ultimately the heavy takes enough shots to be destroyed. Unless the heavy is close enough to back up to a physical obstruction, the heavy can’t prevent repeated encirclement and can only hope to survive long enough receive help from a team mate. “ Angling” the heavy’s Chassis is of little use because the heavy’s turret swings trying to look at the circling medium so that either a chassis flank or turret flank is always exposed to the medium’ fire. The more experience we have with this (over years) the more stupid it seems that heavies don’t have a simple capability that would greatly increase their defensibility while not necessarily adding to offensive capability.  

That “simple capability” for the heavy would be an optional button that when pressed would align the turret with the chassis and hold until the button is pressed again. This would allow the heavy to successfully simultaneously angle both the chassis and turret when being circled by a medium.  This would also not add offensive capability to the heavy.  In essence; caught in the open as described suggests a more defensive than offensive action for the heavy, at least until help can arrive or until the heavy can maneuver into a position that promotes more offensive actions.  As it is now; any action in this scenario is compromised by the automatic action of the turret. 

Its a decent game.  All the same, playing thru  scenarios in which I know exactly what action I would prefer to take but am unable to take, is sapping the motivation to stick with it. 

Thanks

Edited by celestron2, 11 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

VikkoTheTusken #2 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19099 battles
  • [III-H]
I may be misreading this, forgive me. Are you suggesting we should be able to turn the tank along with the turret in order to traverse the gun - the result being on target faster?

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

Bronyman50 #3 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 23421 battles
  • [MRKVM]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 11 January 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

I may be misreading this, forgive me. Are you suggesting we should be able to turn the tank along with the turret in order to traverse the gun - the result being on target faster?

You would think when someone gets to Teir 10 they would atleast learn how do do that  

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Pastaguy2003 #4 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3017 battles
  • [COD-R]
There is a button.  When you hold it, the turret doesn`t turn.  Just align the hull and turret, and hold it in while traversing.

celestron2 #5 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 11 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I just updated the post which might help.  When a fast med is in top of and circling the heavy in the open; attempts by the heavy’s slowly traversing turret to fire on the fast circling med are ludicrous.  The main weapon of the heavy in that situation is to preoccupy the med until help arrives or until the heavy can back into a favorably spot on the map where training a slowing traversing gum on the med is more possible.  If the heavy can better defend itself for longer  in that situation, the job of the med becomes more dufficult. The heavy’s defense is much improved if the heavy can angle both chassis and turret together, without the slow  turret trying (unsuccessfully) to look at the fast circling med.  The button that I requested would align the turret with the chassis, virtually negating offensive capability of the heavy (turret fixed forward), but greatly improve overall angling ability, making the circling med’s job much harder until help may arrive or the heavy can back into a better position 

celestron2 #6 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostBronyman50, on 11 January 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

You would think when someone gets to Teir 10 they would atleast learn how do do that  

you misunderstood 

celestron2 #7 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostPastaguy2003, on 11 January 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

There is a button.  When you hold it, the turret doesn`t turn.  Just align the hull and turret, and hold it in while traversing.

ok, I think I understand what you’re referring to if it’s the “look without traverse” button a desktop and keyboard, this should work fine.  Holding an iPad (blitz) while having multiple fingers on the same hand moving different controls/sliders simultaneously requires a finger ninja ability you may have, but others don’t. 

DrFerd #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 31229 battles
  • [III-C]
Try turning auto aim off

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 18092 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostDrFerd, on 11 January 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Try turning auto aim off

Exactly this

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

celestron2 #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostDrFerd, on 11 January 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Try turning auto aim off

Are you kidding? Have you tried functioning like that ?

4sfield #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 25556 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postcelestron2, on 11 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Are you kidding? Have you tried functioning like that ?

There is an option that places a button on screen that toggles auto aim on and off. I think most players use it. You don’t?

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

DrFerd #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

• Players
  • 31229 battles
  • [III-C]
Вздох

BorisBaddenov #13 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 18092 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postcelestron2, on 11 January 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

ok, I think I understand what you’re referring to if it’s the “look without traverse” button a desktop and keyboard, this should work fine.  Holding an iPad (blitz) while having multiple fingers on the same hand moving different controls/sliders simultaneously requires a finger ninja ability you may have, but others don’t. 

Nope ... OP wants a button that when he pushes it .. his turrnet is fixed stright over his front deck - and the tank will "spin" in place faster than just the turret traverse alone.

Seems to me the OP either

1.  Relies too much on Auto-aim  (Thanks Dr)

2.  Does  not understand how to traverse both chassis and turret manually

3.  Is trolling

4.  Does not understand the mechanics of the game

5.  See #3

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Pastaguy2003 #14 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3017 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postcelestron2, on 11 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Which i why i use an iphone.

celestron2 #15 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View Postcelestron2, on 11 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

what we understand here is that there are real differences between desktop play and iPad (blitz) play.

Some differences are inherent by virtue of how the programs are written: desktop play employs a kB which sends interrupts with key presses which activate specific interrupt routines which must be serviced, such as the fire button.  No such experience with the iPad, which essentially has to poll iPad touch spaces and then decide what action is supopose+to occur. Many more steps involved in servicing a user input on iPad vs a desktop.  Hence, why pressing the fire button space on an iPad occasionally doesn’t  produce a gunnburst (your finger has to be on that space when the program polls that screen space). 

Other differences include the physicality of the medium. Successfully using the same hand to actuate controls as are used to support the pad is well, easier for some than others. 

So, this request of mine is more for blitz users controlling heavies.  I suggest making such a button available. If some don’t need it, great.  Others such myself wish it were available and would make use of it. 

celestron2 #16 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View Post4sfield, on 11 January 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

There is an option that places a button on screen that toggles auto aim on and off. I think most players use it. You don’t?

No.  You taking about blitz or desktop? If your talking about blitz, I admire your very fast, agile fingers.  Mine aren’t such. I expect neither are some others

VikkoTheTusken #17 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19099 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostDrFerd, on 11 January 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Try turning auto aim off

:great:

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

celestron2 #18 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 11 January 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Nope ... OP wants a button that when he pushes it .. his turrnet is fixed stright over his front deck - and the tank will "spin" in place faster than just the turret traverse alone.

Seems to me the OP either

1.  Relies too much on Auto-aim  (Thanks Dr)

2.  Does  not understand how to traverse both chassis and turret manually

3.  Is trolling

4.  Does not understand the mechanics of the game

5.  See #3

Peace-

Boris

1. Auto aim is great. If using your gaming medium you can turn on/off in heat of battle time, good for you,

2. I explained play/operations differences between blitz and desktop.  Read on.

3. Trolling?  You use that word often?

4.  See number 2 explanation above 

5. You referenced  that word again.  Is that your word of the day?

DrFerd #19 Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

• Players
  • 31229 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post4sfield, on 11 January 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

In another scenario a player would begin in their garage and open the button in the top left corner, then the button called "settings", then the button called "controls", then select the button "with button" for the function "auto-aim"; whilst also in "controls" said player could, in this scenario, also activate the button for "lookout bar". Henceforth thereafter, hopefully entering battle in say, tiers 3 or 4, would learn to activate and inactivate the auto-aim on/off button whenever desired and prevent said ineffectual turret traverse by auto-aim lock-on while at the same time preventing additional unwanted turret traverse by viewing annoying medium tanks with expedited usage of the lookout bar, after successful application of which, in this scenario, the players team mates might arrive to save their vehicle from imminent destruction.

Edited by DrFerd, 11 January 2018 - 05:55 PM.

celestron2 #20 Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostDrFerd, on 11 January 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

In another scenario a player would begin in their garage and open the button in the top left corner, then the button called "settings", then the button called "controls", then select the button "with button" for the function "auto-aim"; whilst also in "controls" said player could, in this scenario, also activate the button for "lookout bar". Henceforth thereafter, hopefully entering battle in say, tiers 3 or 4, would learn to activate and inactivate the auto-aim on/off button whenever desired and prevent said ineffectual turret traverse by auto-aim lock-on while at the same time preventing additional unwanted turret traverse by viewing annoying medium tanks with expedited usage of the lookout bar, after successful application of which, in this scenario, the players team mates might arrive to save their vehicle from imminent destruction.

Ok.. I do see it and will try it, thanks.  Just curious... do you use desktop or blitz?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users