New capability for top tier heavies please

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #41 Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 49111 battles
  • [III]

Seriously.   Go back to tier 5 and work on your game play. 

You are missing many game mechanics. 

Tank Hoarder: 327 tanks in Garage (58 now equipped w/ at least 1 Level 3 Slot, thx 3.8), 329/329 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and  wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 & AMX 30B owner 

WANTED: SPARE PARTS, and the head of the idiot that introduced chests 

celestron2 #42 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 16 January 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Seriously.   Go back to tier 5 and work on your game play. 

You are missing many game mechanics. 

I don’t agree in entirety.  My performance level is 86% at mostly tier10 after having ground up from 1.  Better than most, but.... worse than 14%.  And there are lots of lower tier and new comers.  I suspect many higher tiers are congregated in the fewer (14) per cent. Hmmm...I can use some homework, if I intend to stay in.  Thanks for the post

Edited by celestron2, 16 January 2018 - 03:46 PM.

Only_Monica #43 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 25815 battles
  • [MSELF]

View Postcelestron2, on 16 January 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don’t agree in entirety.  My performance level is 86% at mostly tier10 after having ground up from 1.  Better than most, but.... worse than 14%.  And there are lots of lower tier and new comers.  I suspect many higher tiers are congregated in the fewer (14) per cent. Hmmm...I can use some homework, if I intend to stay in.  Thanks for the post

Uh no... I don't know what you are using for your stats but that is wrong. Completely.

https://www.blitzsta.../com/celestron2

This is the reality.

Wherever you pulled that 86% from is not from this Universe. However, we may have found a person who interacted with a wormhole. :great:

Edited by MayoNasalSpray, 16 January 2018 - 03:51 PM.

celestron2 #44 Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View PostMayoNasalSpray, on 16 January 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Uh no... I don't know what you are using for your stats but that is wrong. Completely.

https://www.blitzsta.../com/celestron2

This is the reality.

Wherever you pulled that 86% from is not from this Universe. However, we may have found a person who interacted with a wormhole. :great:

would delete that entry I could once I discovered my rediculous mistake  but you found it first :facepalm:.  

So for your amusement......

Edited by celestron2, 16 January 2018 - 04:00 PM.

4sfield #45 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 26651 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postcelestron2, on 13 January 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

Update: for those who skip to the end, this request was for a functional option for heavies in which if caught in the open by a med, a slow heavy could use a button to force its turret aligned dead ahead so that the heavy could angle both its turret and chassis simultaneous so that the close circling med has a much harder time finding a flat service to pen. Of course, this exchanges the opportunity for an offensive action by the heavy for purely (very effective) defensive until the heavy can back into a barrier. Could use this if friendly tanks were still available. Depends on situation. Obviously not for use if totally isolated, or if your’re the last friendly

A few definitions:

i use an iPad (blitz). At this level of competition, it’s admittedly best to use a desktop.  

“Heavy” references E100, Maus, maybe IS7, whatever is big, slow and has a turret

”in the open” generally means about 3 heavy tank lengths from any barrier. That’s all is needed for a fast med to close circle for  favorable repeated shots at any slow heavy’s side

Ok, so suggestions included:

1) enable  the auto-aim “button”.  By itself, it doesn’t prevent the turret from trying uselessly to point at the close circling med, exposing a flat turret side, even though the chassis is properly angled. At least that’s the action on the iPad.

2) use the “view only “ slider on the iPad game screen. While this works for some while simultaneously  angling with the direction control, good. I’ve tried it.  It probably works for some. Seems like finger magic to me. 

I have tried suggestions so far and still come to the conclusion that on (however rare) occasion having a “ lock/unlock turret forward “ button would allow limited ability fingers to direct to simple temporary angling on these occasions. 

This is was just an update. I don’t have anything else to contribute. It also didn’t generate enthusiasm, so ..............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can’t give the heavies every advantage and nothing to the guys driving mediums and lights. The balance is already too far towards the heavy side anyway. There are too many heavies that can traverse either their turrets or their hills with a circling medium and some are just as fast. That isn’t right, the heavies have a huge alpha advantage and the mediums have a lot less armor and terrible pen. When you try to circle an IS series tank for example it also has spaced armor on the sides. This even further negates your chances of penning. Add that to the fact that he can traverse with you and keep his front facing you (IS-6, not so much) you’re lucky to get 2 shots in before he pops you and 1 of those will probably bounce. Then when it gets to the point you need to try to get away, he runs you down. 

Heavies need no more help or any feature that makes them any better than they already are. They could all use a nerf or the mediums could all use a buff. This is why the game is a huge camp show right now. There is not enough benefit given to speed and all of the less than self sufficient guys have gravitated to the tanks with the most armor and alpha. 

I think the heavies all need neutered speed and traverse wise. It would penalize the heavy guys that split teams or lay back at the start and sit. It would make the idea that camping less attractive and force teamwork out of them. They would have to rely more on the mediums and lights for help and learn to play instead of ignoring them.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

celestron2 #46 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29397 battles

View Post4sfield, on 16 January 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

You can’t give the heavies every advantage and nothing to the guys driving mediums and lights. The balance is already too far towards the heavy side anyway. There are too many heavies that can traverse either their turrets or their hills with a circling medium and some are just as fast. That isn’t right, the heavies have a huge alpha advantage and the mediums have a lot less armor and terrible pen. When you try to circle an IS series tank for example it also has spaced armor on the sides. This even further negates your chances of penning. Add that to the fact that he can traverse with you and keep his front facing you (IS-6, not so much) you’re lucky to get 2 shots in before he pops you and 1 of those will probably bounce. Then when it gets to the point you need to try to get away, he runs you down. 

Heavies need no more help or any feature that makes them any better than they already are. They could all use a nerf or the mediums could all use a buff. This is why the game is a huge camp show right now. There is not enough benefit given to speed and all of the less than self sufficient guys have gravitated to the tanks with the most armor and alpha. 

I think the heavies all need neutered speed and traverse wise. It would penalize the heavy guys that split teams or lay back at the start and sit. It would make the idea that camping less attractive and force teamwork out of them. They would have to rely more on the mediums and lights for help and learn to play instead of ignoring them.

I see your point. Meds are expected to “take a punch for the team” by heading out and spotting. And yes, when my AP hits a Med at some distance, it amounts to huge damage. And I don’t believe you get much points (except spotted-most-enemy) for such risk.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users