FV 215b 183 Rant Hate

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

AOT_Jaeger2 #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]

Ok, so this isn’t my typical thread. I ordinarily don’t rant and rave about aspects of the game I don’t like. I normally take things as they come, enjoy what I enjoy about the game. But...ooooh am I incensed. Beyond annoyed. And I think I need to vent just what things I find so appallingly irritating and disgusting about this tank.

Heres my opinion: It is a potentially game-breaking tank, and ruins Tier X gameplay. Why? Well I thought you’d never ask! Allow me to run down the quite long list of sins that this abomination has committed.

1. Getting the Personal Bias Out of the Way (My Trigger for this Thread)

Ok, yes, there was a personal experience that triggered me to become angry enough to even think about writing this thread. An FV 215b ruined my game. Not just any game, but a game where I broke my  all-time Personal Damage record and could have possibly aced my Leo I:

https://imgur.com/a/axrPV

...so yes, this is a bit personal. Now I have to admit, the enemy FV 215b was a smart player, and I am in no way detracting from him. He won, but not exactly fair and square. I had him down to less than 200 HP, but he backed into a corner and reloaded. He fired before I could, and hit me and killed me. “Ok,” you may say “So you lost a quick draw and you’re salty.” Not quite. Where did he hit me from you may ask? The first picture was my position, the second his.

https://imgur.com/a/vQIuz

...Yeah, ok. I was going to do that, but even the Leo’s gun would need to be fully aimed to have a shot through there. He did so while swinging his turret around. Sure. That makes a lot of sense. (I do have to give a shoutout to MG_02 in the 268 on a game well-played. sorry for making you the middle of a sandwich.)

That gets the personal reason out of the way, and leads into my first major point:

2. RNG-Dependence

The Deathstar, as I like to call it, is one of the most RNG-based vehicles in the game. On paper, the accuracy and dispersion are both horrible. In practice, the Deathstar often doesn’t need to aim at targets to hit them. Much like the KV-2 (we’ll get into that later). This aspect makes it a very duel-sided  tank to have on your team. Either you get a Deathstar that does 3k+ Damage and one-shots half of the enemy team, or a FV that misses every shot and does almost no damage. Sure, everyone’s laughed when a Deathstar misses at point blank range and raged when they got deleted at long range, but that’s just one reason it is broken. It’s not a reliable tank. It’s almost entirely luck based when you pull that trigger.

3. The Camper Conundrum 

Everyone knows this one. The battle is in full swing, brawling is occurring everywhere, meds and lights are whirling around, but you need close fire support. Wait, you have a 183! He’ll help out! Except..he can’t, because he’s camping the ridge at the back of the map. Then, you get deleted by the enemy 215b, who is camping the other side of the map! Wonderful... Except... the 215b almost encourages camping and other passive play styles. It has terrible armor, bad mobility, a long reload, but immense firepower. Why would a 215b risk taking damage when he could just sit back and click away? Well that’s what many 215bs do. This causes a problem that, when the smoke clears and the survivors of the main fight step out, they suddenly find themselves up against a 215b that doesn’t have a scratch on him! And, well, those are long odds for a likely wounded tank. Why? Well, let’s see...

4. The Firepower 

The Gun is the real unique thing about the 215b 183, and one of the things that makes it so frustrating. 310mm of pen with AP that does 930 Damage is annoying enough, but when you realize it has premium ammunition with 200+ pen and 1300 alpha... yeah. Capable of more than halving the HP of even the strongest tanks, This gun often detonates ammo racks anyway. A gun that one shots almost everything it hits? Where have we seen that before? Ah yes, the KV-2. And I could forgive you for thinking I hate the KV-2 as well, but I don’t. Because the thing about the KV-2 is...the accuracy is truly awful. And The pen isn’t going to go through heavy tanks frontally. It’s also a Tier VI. Tier X is meant to be a highly competitive tier, and the most balanced. The KV-2, at Tier VI, can et a pass (Tier VI isn’t very balanced). The KV-2 also teaches newer players some lessons: not to drive side on around blind corners, or sit still in front of something. At Tier X...we should already know that, we don’t need a big gun tank to do that. And, well, unlike the KV-2, the Deathstar accuracy isn’t abysmal, at .384. Some Tier Vs wish they had that accuracy. And I’m not bashing all TDs. 268? Fine, The Gun is punchy, but won’t kill you in one shot most of the time. The Jageru? Borderline underpowered. Grille? Good, but the alpha isn’t insane. And what’s one thing all those tanks lack? They don’t have a premium ammunition that does insane damage. They don’t encourage you to derp gold at everything you see. The Jageru even encourages the frontline playstyle with its hearty armor and hp. The 183? Nah.

Ok, rant over. I’m not saying the 183 needs to be removed (although the Badger feels much more like a direct upgrade to the Tortoise, and fits the line a whole lot more than the 183, but that’s just me). I think it’s fun needs to be re-worked. That is all. Sorry for the rant.

AOT_Jaeger2 :harp:

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

ixie #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9211 battles
  • [ROYLE]
Agreed. Deathstar is broken OP and ruins t10. I mean, there are always like 2 on each team wth?
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

Gojira5475 #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46704 battles

View PostLuc____, on 12 January 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Agreed. Deathstar is broken OP and ruins t10. I mean, there are always like 2 on each team wth?

Either that or it's those two then a couple other huge damage monsters that make any kind of movement rather dangerous,and not just level ten but nine can suck donkey plums as well when it happens there.

9_V0LT #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 10610 battles
  • [OGRE]

It's the most played tier 10 tank. 

I think it's played something like twice as much as any other tank. 

That means twice as many idiots in British Winnebagos, camping on both sides. 

If I must have morons on my team, I'd rather see them in IS4's, where I can at least use their corpses for cover. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

Defaultz #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 34808 battles
  • [STEEB]
iTs nOt oP yOu jUsT bAd

AOT_Jaeger2 #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostDefaultz, on 12 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

iTs nOt oP yOu jUsT bAd

Mhm. Sure. Because my skill level affects the experience of thousands of players. I guess I’m the reason there’s 4 of them in each game too?

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Youtuber? I guess?

NaDa_22 #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42729 battles
  • [_V2_]

2. 183 is not that RNG-dependent as people make it out to be. If you want to call damage potential RNG-dependent, it's one thing, but shots are pretty accurate up-close & mid-range. People miss point blank shots for the same reason they screw up shots with their heavies & meds - bad aiming, or bad connections.

3. And tell me how camping would work out if your team is destroying the other team. That camping 183 will be lucky to land two shots and probably end up with 1,000 damages. It's not accurate enough at long distance to be a good camping TD like Grille. There is a reason why some people push up closer to the front line with their 183s.

4. 183's reload makes one think twice about which target to go for. Say you got bunch of enemies tanks engaged with your teammates. Who do you go for? 268, E4, and Grille don't have to think so hard - they can just hit the easiest target, or go after low health ones, because they can just reload their next shot in timely fashion. This is where 183 runs into an issue. If 183 hits a target that has 200 HP - that's very bad trade. But if it keeps going after tanks with more HP - then 183 might have to deal with three low HP enemies tanks at the end. And 183 cannot clutch if more than 2 targets make some coordinated efforts. This is why it has one of the lowest WR among good players. It has one big alpha that looks nice on the paper - but is not versatile in clutch situations.

Edited by NaDa_22, 12 January 2018 - 11:07 PM.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42236 battles
  • [DUNE_]

I played against a 183 yesterday. I was in my AMX 50 120. I got spotted and immediately hit by the 183 for 1476 dmg. . . . I managed to survive the battle with no further damage and satisfactorily put the last round into that 183.

I agree the 183 is way overplayed. I stopped playing mine a long time ago and am even reluctant to bring it out on anniversaries. . . 

4sfield #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

A bigger spotting range difference between the TD’s/Heavies and mediums/lights would fix this issue. It doesn’t help that a lot of times you can’t find the big guns without them finding you. I can accept the fact that I can be deleted with one shot but I have a hard time dealing with the issue that alpha has been enabled more important in a game than skilled play.

Nobody complained about 183’s back when mediums/lights had speed, pen and view range.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

_Crusader6_ #10 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68578 battles
  • [DEF]

View Post4sfield, on 12 January 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

A bigger spotting range difference between the TD’s/Heavies and mediums/lights would fix this issue. It doesn’t help that a lot of times you can’t find the big guns without them finding you. I can accept the fact that I can be deleted with one shot but I have a hard time dealing with the issue that alpha has been enabled more important in a game than skilled play.

Nobody complained about 183’s back when mediums/lights had speed, pen and view range.

This to a Mother F'ing T brother.

Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Revenge_of_Peppa_the_pig #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29711 battles
  • [DONE]
really ? you wanna 183 based on 4202 chasis like on PC version? a bit more cardboard but with speed of medium ?

tbh I would like it xD

AOT_Jaeger2 #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17830 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View Post4sfield, on 12 January 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Exactly. I could understand something like a Grille or a Borsig hiding in a bush, but there’s no way something the size of a frigging FV 215b is hiding in a Bush without being spotted from 100m away

Youtuber? I guess?

Player_5773117413 #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30641 battles
  • [SPUD]

I've got complaints about the DeathStar as well:

- The armor is virtually useless at this tier

- The aim circle takes around three weeks to finally close up all the way

- Once it does close up, the ring is still wider than a walrus...baby walrus maybe

- Those AP rounds are all the pen you've got

- HESHing Leo PTA tracks for 89 damage

- Need a light? Any bump to the front should do the trick

- Being too tall to hide behind a rock

- Not being able to traverse the turret all the way, heck you've only got about a quarter of a circle of traverse

- Spaced sides that prevent HESHing of other DeathStars

- Gun depression that is depressing

- Meh mobility

- One of the lowest health pools for tier 10

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

NaDa_22 #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42729 battles
  • [_V2_]

View Post4sfield, on 12 January 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Correct me if I am wrong - but what has exactly changed about view ranges - other than heavies running optics?

Sure, med/lights had Binoc, but a lot people seem to forget that many 183s also ran Binoc themselves. I don't ever remember 183 being easy to spot. They always were pain the rear, if they parked behind bush and remain stationary.

TwistedMetal_ #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14289 battles
  • [DFNT]

Yup I hate it!!

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #16 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23949 battles
  • [KATAR]

I don't hate the 183.  I have contempt for it.  I look at the 183 as the mewling part time warrior hiding behind his high walls who trembles when he encounters me on open ground and whose soul I watch leave as I put my spear through his heart...should the man without honor, who cannot truly be called a man, finds fortune with him and manages to strike me from afar as I am locked in combat with a true warrior, it will not grant him great glory, and with the sword in my own hand I will happily embrace death and await the Valkyries who will take me to Valhal.

- from the saga of the AMX 50 B

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

wannabeunicum #17 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42368 battles
  • [-MM]

View Post9_V0LT, on 12 January 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

It's the most played tier 10 tank. 

I think it's played something like twice as much as any other tank. 

That means twice as many idiots in British Winnebagos, camping on both sides. 

If I must have morons on my team, I'd rather see them in IS4's, where I can at least use their corpses for cover. 

its more played than the next top 2 combined

wannabeunicum #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42368 battles
  • [-MM]

View PostFred_Adams, on 12 January 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

really ? you wanna 183 based on 4202 chasis like on PC version? a bit more cardboard but with speed of medium ?

tbh I would like it xD

The pre buff fv402 would be good. Cromwell engine which is bad and bad elevation angles. Has really bad camo too

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23949 battles
  • [KATAR]
Having fought against these for years now, I will say that the current state of it is not nearly as bad as it once was.  The driver really has to know the maps and positioning to keep his big turret hidden.  It once was they could block pretty well but now a fraction too much of that yuge turret is exposed and you can rightfully punish them for their impudence.

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

THE_Viajero #20 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26146 battles
  • [BHOTT]

I'm also a better (soory for that) heater of the FV (it make my sould my HE-100 after 10 lost on a roll)

But, I also think other TD's are part of the problem, when I don't see a Death Star camping I see: almost all of the tier 10 TD's camping, or I see teams full of tier 10 TD's  (here is a good example: http://forum.wotblit...doesn’t-exist”/)

Right now ther a spam of TD's at tier 10 that is tourning every one crazy, especially for 2 reason's: Alfa and TD's camping at the back, bout of this combine have created the worse meta possible (even worse that the meta that is creat around Xmas after the give tank is realize, or the IS meta at tier 8 [aka charge and shoot enemies like a brain death).

I really fell that the only TD at tier 10 that needs to be able to snipe is the Grille, the rest shut need to get to Secont lne at list, that basicly means nerf over all gun hamdelong of TD's making snaipong difficult and forcing people to get to the Secont line (and also improve the tutorial of the game and description of every take, remarking the TD's are not suppose to sit in one point and snipe, there are Secont line super tanks not crapy snipers that sit in the open take 2 shoots and them died because they didn't help they team [and also make sure that all the corners of all the map's are just hots were you can't not get a shot]).

Also, this idea of forcing TD's to get to the Secont line means that the Death Star maybe need a buff/nerf nerffing over all gun handling and camo, and buffing the armor to the PC/console standards, the armor in the hull and toured from of the Death Star it's just 120~, in PC/ console the Death Star has 152 in the hull and 250~ in the from of the toured, but the armor is full of week points [the touret is full of raging divides just like the Foch, the tourers checks, the hull armor is only has 220~ of effectines [and if you angle it you expose the 50mm of bout sides] the lower plate etc, so why not nerf the gun, buff the armor and make it like a support heavy, full of week points, whit a very big gun, but bad gun handling (I'm pretty sure that if WG I plemets this changes, in the time Death Star can finally shot you, you have already shut 3 times his week points).

and for thous who are going  to say that the armor buff will make worse the Death Star, remember that even when we don't like it we prefer to have a potato in a Death Star in or team, that in any other tank, and if they nerf the Death Star whit out buffing the armor is probably gooing to make games at tier 10 worse, becaus all of the potatoes driving Death Star's at tier 10 are going to be more useless.

Ps: limiting the nomber of TD's for team, to 2 will be really nice, after all even when any type of nerf, this will steal happening: http://forum.wotblit...oesn’t-exist”/ 

2ps: Badger?, yes please 

Edited by THE_Viajero, 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM.

Viajero means Traveler 

:B

People complain when the ping goes to 100 but I have always play whit 150~ of ping 

ps: I'm a not native English speaker, so, sorry for any mistakes (or maybe the autocorrector trolled me XD) 

Also tagged with FV 215b 183, Rant, Hate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users