t57 heavy needs a buff

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

guardian_angel_2017 #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

It's like the title says. This thing needs a buff. After close to 100 battles, this tank is a horrible autoloader. ok armor on paper, but actually crap irl, can't go hull down due to weak turret cheeks, and horrible dispersion, with unreliable heat ammo. This thing needs a mobility buff too, reversing it is literally asking for reds to gang up and rape you. Just a generally crap tank with horrific atributes. Buff pls, wargaming.

Thanks,

guardian_angel

Don't be a hater;

I'm still recovering from my days as a tater

fluffyteddy763 #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4297 battles
  • [CRU3L]

Please don't ever use the term "rape" like that. Until you've actually experienced, or understood the horrific effects that rape has, you'll never truly understand how one moment of greed and lust can lead to a lifetime of pain and mental instability. To use the word "rape" for a game is, frankly, immature, an insult to rape victims out there, and nothing short of stupid. Grow up.

As for your topic, I don't play tier X at all, but I do know that the T57 heavy is in the top 3 for most played at tier X, currently. That should mean something to you, and, looking at your stats, it might be a "You" problem. As for the reversing problem, I know the E5 also has painfully slow reverse speed, so maybe it's a shared attribute of sorts among Tier X American tanks? 

^Designed by- SpartacusDiablo 

Profile Pic- Designed by BOOMROCKA

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 11578 battles
  • [COD]
Sarcasm? I hope

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

guardian_angel_2017 #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

View Postfluffyteddy763, on 13 January 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

Please don't ever use the term "rape" like that. Until you've actually experienced, or understood the horrific effects that rape has, you'll never truly understand how one moment of greed and lust can lead to a lifetime of pain and mental instability. To use the word "rape" for a game is, frankly, immature, an insult to rape victims out there, and nothing short of stupid. Grow up.

As for your topic, I don't play tier X at all, but I do know that the T57 heavy is in the top 3 for most played at tier X, currently. That should mean something to you, and, looking at your stats, it might be a "You" problem. As for the reversing problem, I know the E5 also has painfully slow reverse speed, so maybe it's a shared attribute of sorts among Tier X American tanks? 

Tell that to the other gamers calling people "cancer" "autism" and to "kys". But k, fair point

Who knows, it might be a me problem but I don't think it is. I maintain that it needs a buff. It cant even out brawl neutered meds like 62a, 140, leo 1, etc, and it's a joke against e100 and maus

Don't be a hater;

guardian_angel_2017 #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 13 January 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Sarcasm? I hope

No, I'm serious

Don't be a hater;

tankeatingtiger #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 11578 battles
  • [COD]
Wut

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

guardian_angel_2017 #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:03 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 13 January 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

Wut

k

Don't be a hater;

rosgrim #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44027 battles
  • [COD]
T57 if played correctly is a really good tank. It is one of my favorite tier 10 even I had just few hundreds battle with it. Autoloaders needs a specific way to use it. 

rosgrim #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 44027 battles
  • [COD]

View Postguardian_angel_2017, on 13 January 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

Tell that to the other gamers calling people "cancer" "autism" and to "kys". But k, fair point

Who knows, it might be a me problem but I don't think it is. I maintain that it needs a buff. It cant even out brawl neutered meds like 62a, 140, leo 1, etc, and it's a joke against e100 and maus

Brawl with an autoloader ? unless you sure 100% your 3 shot will kill the tank no way to brawl. Never ever

guardian_angel_2017 #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

View Postrosgrim, on 13 January 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

Brawl with an autoloader ? unless you sure 100% your 3 shot will kill the tank no way to brawl. Never ever

Huh. It might be a "Me" problem after all. I always brawl in autoloaders. How come this problem only emerged in Tier X then?

Don't be a hater;

wannabeunicum #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26205 battles
Id say 15 kmh reverse speed max

guardian_angel_2017 #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1275 battles
  • [IIIDV]

View Postwannabeunicum, on 13 January 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

Id say 15 kmh reverse speed max

It needs way more than 15 km/h. It's reverse speed is hella pathetic.

Don't be a hater;

hydra1415 #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17972 battles
  • [NUTHS]
Im going to preface this by saying one thing: I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is definitely a 'you' problem The tank has an interesting play style that only it and the AMX can emulate. If you aren't used to that play style (especially if you went up the T49 instead of the T69), it can be tricky to figure out.p. That being said, my points of interests and tips:

View Postguardian_angel_2017, on 12 January 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

It's like the title says. This thing needs a buff. After close to 100 battles, this tank is a horrible autoloader. ok armor on paper, but actually crap irl, can't go hull down due to weak turret cheeks, and horrible dispersion, with unreliable heat ammo. This thing needs a mobility buff too, reversing it is literally asking for reds to gang up and rape you. Just a generally crap tank with horrific atributes. Buff pls, wargaming.

Thanks,

guardian_angel

1) Never rely on armor, as a general rule, unless you have to or you are certain nothing can pen you. This goes for any tank (T95, Maus, and [insert heavily armored tank here] included), but especially for tanks like the T57, which do not focus on armor but on firepower. Conserve your hitpoints so that you can spend them later to change the direction of the game. Don't be passive or cowardly, but know when to take the hit and when to live and fight another day

2) Heat is a poor ammo choice at tier X (or really any tier above VIII) but the AP, in my experience, is a somewhat reliable option. This is not one of those tanks where you automatically load the gold. Not only is it eaten up by spaced armor and tracks, but it also lowers you clip potential by quite a bit. Instead, learn to aim and hit weak spots, and be patient when shooting at mid to long range. Just because you *can* shoot as soon as you reload doesn't mean that you *have* to shoot after 2.5 seconds. If no one is aiming at you, then sit, wait, and make your shots count.

3) The T57, in my opinion, is pretty ok as far as mobility is concerned. It will never be an AMX or a Russian heavy, but it will do the trick, being able to keep up with others and relocate during reloads. With a mid-range support playstyle, it has enough mobility to keep up comfortably, even if it will never be a speed demon.

View Postguardian_angel_2017, on 12 January 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

4) As stated above, both in my post and my others, this tank will never be a brawler. It is meant for the midrange support and/or peekaboom. Make sure that you have a line of retreat after emptying your clip, and never engage in a brawl unless you are 100% sure you can kill anything you may come up against. At a clip potential of ~1200, this is quite a few things (after the first few minutes), and then you can start switching to a more aggressive style, a hit point trading sweeper. This, again, relies on you conserving your hit points so you have them to spend when you want to take a hit and then clear or cripple a tank in the middle or later part of the game

5) This tank is one that requires thought, unlike a few others I could name (*cough* 183 *cough cough*), so if you are having a rough streak, then leave it and come back. You don't have the armor to just drive forward and shoot, so you really need to have a clear mind and thought process to be able to make good decisions and have a positive influence.

Sorry for the wall of text, those are just my thoughts on what might improve your view of my favorite tier X (so far).

RoadKutter #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:06 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 28279 battles
  • [III-H]

It was buffed recently

One day Canada will take over the World. And then you will all be Sorry!    

_The_Tactition_ #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:07 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18499 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Don’t brawl. Rush tanks you know you can take out by yourself or with a toon mate. 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

MAJIME #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8583 battles
Unloading 1200 damage in 4 seconds is definitely not bad.

SPΛRTΛ

Storm216 #17 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 24326 battles
  • [PNCR]
Uh, it just did get a buff.

SanguinaryDan #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13597 battles
  • [2PINT]

It really is a good tank. The gun just plain works and your armor can, occasionally, bounce that surprise snap shot.

However...

The mobility is abysmal.  Even for a Tier X Heavy it’s sluggish. Playing the peek-a-boom role when you are pretty certain you won’t be able to pull back into hard cover before getting deleted is not fun.  IMO it needs either a horsepower buff or improved Terrain Resistance numbers. Preferably both to be honest.  I’m not suggesting AMX 50 B levels of mobility, but near T110E5 values would be reasonable. Maybe balanced by reducing the hull traverse numbers?

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

RommelTanker #19 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 1583 battles
  • [43MB]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 13 January 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

It really is a good tank. The gun just plain works and your armor can, occasionally, bounce that surprise snap shot.

However...

The mobility is abysmal.  Even for a Tier X Heavy it’s sluggish. Playing the peek-a-boom role when you are pretty certain you won’t be able to pull back into hard cover before getting deleted is not fun.  IMO it needs either a horsepower buff or improved Terrain Resistance numbers. Preferably both to be honest.  I’m not suggesting AMX 50 B levels of mobility, but near T110E5 values would be reasonable. Maybe balanced by reducing the hull traverse numbers?

I like the traverse as high as it is. It can't be CoD'd that way.

Much thanks to SpartacusDiablo for the cool signature

Don't click this link unless you wanna see my stats!

We must purge the Favelas! We must eradicate Blackwood!

My PFP is the Warface Team logo from the F2P FPS from Crytek.

Ask me for advice any time. I'm always willing to spread some crackpot advice.

RommelTanker #20 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 1583 battles
  • [43MB]

OP you can't be serious right? In the right hands the T57 is currently one of the most powerful Tier Xs in the game, sitting alongside the Obj. 268 and Deathstar in the Top 3 of Damage Dealt per Battle, and 2nd highest WN8 at Tier X. If you're saying a machine like that needs a buff when it can clearly compete with a cancerous 1300 alpha machine like the Deathstar in average damage...

In the shortest statement possible: You are positively sh*t and should consider selling all your Tier Xs and going back to Tier VII-VIII to learn to play the tank you're using better.

Much thanks to SpartacusDiablo for the cool signature

Don't click this link unless you wanna see my stats!

We must purge the Favelas! We must eradicate Blackwood!

My PFP is the Warface Team logo from the F2P FPS from Crytek.

Ask me for advice any time. I'm always willing to spread some crackpot advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users