For My Previous Post

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

M1AbramsCommander #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16397 battles
  • [AR-15]
For the previous post I made with putting a Confederate battle flag on the e5. I just wanted to put up a simple meme that would die out within a day or two. I would have never expected to receive such controversy, and I have seen a lot of extreme political comments in my topic, and I do not wish to see such comments on my topic. There are others who have done much worse than the Confederacy, the Confederacy only wanted to become independent because they felt that the federal government was not giving states enough rights. Plus there are memes on iFunny that are even worse (in terms of sensitivity and such) than the one I created. I would also like to apologize for making the post historically inaccurate, I have not done any research before posting the topic.

Proud Owner of an AR-15 and M18 Hellcat!

My NoobTube Channel: https://www.youtube....ZpLHfMxQAY-ARLQ

fluffyteddy763 #2 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4315 battles
  • [CRU3L]
Then why'd you start the topic in the first place?

^Designed by- SpartacusDiablo 

Profile Pic- Designed by BOOMROCKA

M1AbramsCommander #3 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16397 battles
  • [AR-15]

View Postfluffyteddy763, on 13 January 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Then why'd you start the topic in the first place?

Just wanted to share a meme.... it right up there in the first sent. just a simple meme

Edited by M1AbramsCommander, 13 January 2018 - 08:32 PM.

Proud Owner of an AR-15 and M18 Hellcat!

My NoobTube Channel: https://www.youtube....ZpLHfMxQAY-ARLQ

Luc____ #4 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8810 battles
  • [XWING]

It's the same reason people take issue with the statues. They are used as a symbol of white supremacy. The south broke off because they knew slavery was going to go away soon due to Lincoln's election. The North wanted to abolish slavery, the South did not. The only reason the statues still exist is because people want to recall the "good old days." No, that doesn't mean when the south was "free." No, it means when Black people were fkn slaves, and white people stood above all. Therefore, you're post could be interpreted as a symbol of white supremacy. So that's why people took offense.

EDIT: Historical Accuracy correction

Edited by Luc____, 13 January 2018 - 08:47 PM.

"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

j0nn0 #5 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 15385 battles
  • [XREGS]
Slightly off tangent but this thread makes me want to re-read an alt history book again. If anybody's interested, it's called Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

christian1470 #6 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37531 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostM1AbramsCommander, on 13 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

For the previous post I made with putting a Confederate battle flag on the e5. I just wanted to put up a simple meme that would die out within a day or two. I would have never expected to receive such controversy, and I have seen a lot of extreme political comments in my topic, and I do not wish to see such comments on my topic. There are others who have done much worse than the Confederacy, the Confederacy only wanted to become independent because they felt that the federal government was not giving states enough rights TO OWN HUMAN BEINGS AND MAKE THEM WORK FOR YOU. . Plus there are memes on iFunny that are even worse (in terms of sensitivity and such) than the one I created. I would also like to apologize for making the post historically inaccurate, I have not done any research before posting the topic.

fixed that for you:popcorn:

Gojira5475 #7 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26083 battles

You don't change history by erasing it,you only make it worse just look back and there was this little German guy who burned books,and this bearish Russian who made people vanish......

Take the swastika it's still used by Buddhist and some people lose their minds over that,why I don't know making it vanish will fix NOTHING. 

Howitzer_155 #8 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43691 battles
  • [DD]

View PostM1AbramsCommander, on 13 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

For the previous post I made with putting a Confederate battle flag on the e5. I just wanted to put up a simple meme that would die out within a day or two. I would have never expected to receive such controversy, and I have seen a lot of extreme political comments in my topic, and I do not wish to see such comments on my topic. There are others who have done much worse than the Confederacy, the Confederacy only wanted to become independent because they felt that the federal government was not giving states enough rights. Plus there are memes on iFunny that are even worse (in terms of sensitivity and such) than the one I created. I would also like to apologize for making the post historically inaccurate, I have not done any research before posting the topic.

you cant post anything controversial.  to many snowflakes now a days.  

Jarobinson214 #9 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1893 battles
  • [TGT_2]

View Postchristian1470, on 13 January 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

fixed that for you:popcorn:

No you just made it worse, it was never about slavery but it was a growing problem

Edited by Jarobinson214, 13 January 2018 - 09:14 PM.

Zuke76 #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11716 battles
  • [SAD21]

View PostM1AbramsCommander, on 13 January 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

And hey when you have to put a in picture when you search for an image search it with transparent like "confederate flag transparent" and then you won't have to try to erase all the white

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

Luc____ #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8810 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 13 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'm starting to realize why you were banned
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

LtPork #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22485 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 13 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

What do you expect after posting something controversial? Did you expect no one to be offended? Literally, the definition of controversial is “giving rise to public diasagreement”. 

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

christian1470 #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37531 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostLtPork, on 13 January 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

What do you expect after posting something controversial? Did you expect no one to be offended? Literally, the definition of controversial is “giving rise to public diasagreement”. 

and by snowflakes, he really means anyone who disagrees. 

Bob3468 #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6465 battles
  • [CHAM]
The north ended slavery, the southern economy relied heavily on slavery for industry. They couldn't really function without it, so they decided to leave the US.
I'm a TRPD member, I saved some seals once, and here are some Quotes of pure wisdom and knowledge:

"I've never seen a pidgeon die from eating off the ground, so what's the big whoop." 

-Peter Griffin 

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid"

-Terry Bradshaw

kapri25 #15 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5750 battles

Here is some facts. The Cofederacy lost and were by definition traitors. By your nickname, M1AbramsCommander, you should not have any friendly feelings towards traitors to the United States of America. Do you look at Benedict Arnold in a positive light? Should not. Here is some more controversy to add as well. The North didn't really wanted to end slavery at all and even Abraham Lincoln was really considering full rights to freed slaves. He wanted to ship them off. And to top that off, the Underground Railroad did not end in the northern states. It ended in Canada as the Northern States would return any caught escaped slave to the southern owners. Chew on that.

iEatChickenMcNuggets #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14677 battles
  • [COD-R]
You’re a joke.

Officer of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Boosters ruined the game.

christian1470 #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37531 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postkapri25, on 13 January 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Here is some facts. The Cofederacy lost and were by definition traitors. By your nickname, M1AbramsCommander, you should not have any friendly feelings towards traitors to the United States of America. Do you look at Benedict Arnold in a positive light? Should not. Here is some more controversy to add as well. The North didn't really wanted to end slavery at all and even Abraham Lincoln was really considering full rights to freed slaves. He wanted to ship them off. And to top that off, the Underground Railroad did not end in the northern states. It ended in Canada as the Northern States would return any caught escaped slave to the southern owners. Chew on that.

except in New Bedford, where I live. We'd ship them off on whalers.....and paid them to do so :) slavery got no truck with quakers. 

One of our most famous captains was in fact a freedman. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users