• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

nukiwaza #41 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21255 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostV1n2002, on 14 January 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

The AR series is not junk. I read a Russian firearms website/forum and translated it, and I always saw them praising the AR-15 design; lightweight, accurate, quite reliable as it should be, effective in many situations and interchangeable attachments.

Sooo you do agree it’s over priced? 

No no no sorry I am leaving. 

4sfield #42 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostBlartch, on 13 January 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

This is the kind of rifle that, in the manual, specifically illustrates the proper firing style as holding the entire rifle sideways at arms length over your head while ducking behind a cinderblock wall

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 13 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Skinnies

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

SanguinaryDan #43 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9242 battles
  • [2PINT]

Pffft. :facepalm:  You couldn’t pay me to buy one of those crappy Russian rifles. Just because it still fires when rusty and covered in dirt because some clueless moron has no idea how to field strip and clean it doesn’t make it worthwhile. 

Someday I’ll get myself a Springfield Armory M14 equivalent chambered in 30 ‘06. Damned if I know what they’re calling it this week, but that’s the only semi-auto rifle I’d have any interest in owning.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Triode757 #44 Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7649 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 14 January 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Pffft. :facepalm:  You couldn’t pay me to buy one of those crappy Russian rifles. Just because it still fires when rusty and covered in dirt because some clueless moron has no idea how to field strip and clean it doesn’t make it worthwhile. 

Someday I’ll get myself a Springfield Armory M14 equivalent chambered in 30 ‘06. Damned if I know what they’re calling it this week, but that’s the only semi-auto rifle I’d have any interest in owning.

M1A or an M1 Garand reproduction, depending on exactly what you're talking about.

4sfield #45 Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostTriode757, on 14 January 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

M1A or an M1 Garand reproduction, depending on exactly what you're talking about.

You can field strip an SKS with a stick as your only tool. They’re reliable but not accurate enough for my taste. Also the safety is a lever that just covers the trigger. It doesn’t disable the trigger at all. It’s a simple gun, gas operated and everything seems loose inside of it. The one I bought came in a crate, was packed in cosmoline and wrapped in brown paper. I bought a couple of 30 round magazines for it but they just got in the way.

Russian rifles suck with the exception of the Mosin. I shot a Mosin carbine once.(shorter than the standard issue WWII rifle) It was a loud SOB and bucked like a mule. I watched a buddy shoot it from a prone position 1st and the grass in front of the muzzle would lay down flat for 5 feet every time he pulled the trigger. We were shooting at rocks and I was impressed at the way they disentigrated. After a half an hour I couldn’t hear [edited]. (earplugs are for sissies) My shoulder was black and blue for 3 days. 

FREE _stealy!!!

M1AbramsCommander #46 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15386 battles
  • [AR-15]

View Post4sfield, on 14 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

You can field strip an SKS with a stick as your only tool. They’re reliable but not accurate enough for my taste. Also the safety is a lever that just covers the trigger. It doesn’t disable the trigger at all. It’s a simple gun, gas operated and everything seems loose inside of it. The one I bought came in a crate, was packed in cosmoline and wrapped in brown paper. I bought a couple of 30 round magazines for it but they just got in the way.

Russian rifles suck with the exception of the Mosin. I shot a Mosin carbine once.(shorter than the standard issue WWII rifle) It was a loud SOB and bucked like a mule. I watched a buddy shoot it from a prone position 1st and the grass in front of the muzzle would lay down flat for 5 feet every time he pulled the trigger. We were shooting at rocks and I was impressed at the way they disentigrated. After a half an hour I couldn’t hear [edited]. (earplugs are for sissies) My shoulder was black and blue for 3 days. 

I want a Mosin Nagant PU so badly with that scope, and a Norinco SKS with an Amazon-bought Chinese spike bayonet

Proud Owner of an AR-15 and M18 Hellcat!

My NoobTube Channel: https://www.youtube....ZpLHfMxQAY-ARLQ

V1n2002 #47 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4776 battles
  • [FURY]
Garbage Rod with a scope is like a broom with a fore grip-cool but unnecessary. I can shoot a man sized target 4/5 times with garbage rod at 600 yards. My SKS I can shoot (no scopes or anything) at 400 yards comfortably. My Mosin Nagant has a 2x scope on it because I simply can’t see that well. 

Clan [FURY] 54.47%WR 1095 AVERAGE DAMAGE.TRPDWarships 

Blitz name is Boar_Of_War_cocaine

BUTTHOLE SURFERS 

"ROUND, ROUND, ROUND SHE GOES"  

V1n2002 #48 Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4776 battles
  • [FURY]

View Post4sfield, on 14 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Garbage Rod is a ridiculously crude weapon really, the Arisaka Type 99 rifle is miles better. The M1903 or .303 Brit rifles are miles better than the soviet gun. But, nothing beats 7.62x54R. You can punch through thick metal with it and break cinder blocks etc etc. Garbage Rod is accurate enough, although a good cleaning and a nice condition barrel helps. Quality ammo helps too. The SKS 8s better than the M91 Garbage Rod for the simple reason the SKS holds ten rounds and is smaller with a round that works well for what it is. The 30 round mags for the SKS are junk, you ought to know that. Cosmoline rifles are desired, as long as you can clean them quickly. Finally, the SKS can be accurate, what factory it was made in can determine the quality and then the accuracy. Sadly I have yet to see an sks with better than 2 MOA accuracy but 3 isn’t bad for a carbine designed during WW2

Clan [FURY] 54.47%WR 1095 AVERAGE DAMAGE.TRPDWarships 

Blitz name is Boar_Of_War_cocaine

BUTTHOLE SURFERS 

"ROUND, ROUND, ROUND SHE GOES"  

4sfield #49 Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostV1n2002, on 14 January 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Garbage Rod is a ridiculously crude weapon really, the Arisaka Type 99 rifle is miles better. The M1903 or .303 Brit rifles are miles better than the soviet gun. But, nothing beats 7.62x54R. You can punch through thick metal with it and break cinder blocks etc etc. Garbage Rod is accurate enough, although a good cleaning and a nice condition barrel helps. Quality ammo helps too. The SKS 8s better than the M91 Garbage Rod for the simple reason the SKS holds ten rounds and is smaller with a round that works well for what it is. The 30 round mags for the SKS are junk, you ought to know that. Cosmoline rifles are desired, as long as you can clean them quickly. Finally, the SKS can be accurate, what factory it was made in can determine the quality and then the accuracy. Sadly I have yet to see an sks with better than 2 MOA accuracy but 3 isn’t bad for a carbine designed during WW2

I have a doctor friend who has a pristine Arasaka with the chrysanthemum stamped on it. His dad brought it back from the Pacific theater and there’s no ammunition for it. It’s a war relic and belongs in a museum. He should turn it in to someone but I can’t get him to do it. We argue about it every time he opens his gun safe. 

FREE _stealy!!!

WizoGT379 #50 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6572 battles
  • [RUDY]
3 pages on this? Xd

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/WizoGT379

cheasesteak #51 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17346 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostM1AbramsCommander, on 14 January 2018 - 04:04 AM, said:

Oh because he served in the USMC he gets the exception to that law, I think that police officers and military personnel are still able to buy and own these firearms, but Colorado?! thought those guys went blue and went pro gun control and pro weed (DAMN HIPPIES!!!) BTW that's a beautiful M60 (not the Patton tank)

not a military exception.  It's expensive, and you can only buy ones that were manufactured pre NFA, but it is legal.  Google class III firearms.  

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

SanguinaryDan #52 Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9242 battles
  • [2PINT]

Cheaper than I thought, but only in .308 NATO.  

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/#MA9102

Of course living in Maryland now I wouldn’t really have the same opportunities to just go shoot that I did in Colorado. It’s what I get for marrying a Federal lobbyist who gets altitude sickness above 6,000 feet. :facepalm:

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Educated_Redneck #53 Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14361 battles
  • [GZR]
If your friend wants to shoot the Arisaka, have him look at Old Western Scrounger for ammo. They have the 6.5 and 7.7 for the type 38 and type 99 respectively.

PanzertroopenVT #54 Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3336 battles

View Post4sfield, on 13 January 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

I bought one of those back in 1989 for 85 bucks. I sold it, it was a POS. (Chinese SKS) Hell, I’m down though. I could always use another gun. It’s been a while since I’ve had to check, how old do you have to be to own a gun in the U.S.?

Yugoslavia built a mean version of that bad boy, who wouldn't like a rifle like that. Well Cept a keyboard warriror.
Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm") refers to a command within the Heer of the GermanWehrmacht, responsible for the affairs of panzer (tank) and motorized forces shortly before and during the Second World War

PanzertroopenVT #55 Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3336 battles

:facepalm:View PostSanguinaryDan, on 15 January 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Cheaper than I thought, but only in .308 NATO.  

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/standard-m1a/#MA9102

Of course living in Maryland now I wouldn’t really have the same opportunities to just go shoot that I did in Colorado. It’s what I get for marrying a Federal lobbyist who gets altitude sickness above 6,000 feet. :facepalm:

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm") refers to a command within the Heer of the GermanWehrmacht, responsible for the affairs of panzer (tank) and motorized forces shortly before and during the Second World War

Also tagged with giveaway, sks, gun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users