And yet more advise for newcomers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

celestron2 #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30122 battles

I won’t be on game/forums much longer, as it’s time to move on.  Here’s what I can offer to add to your repository before I split:

1) if you want to be competitive, use a desk top. With your desktop; a keyboard key press such as “fire” will cause a hardware level interrupt to the processor that will execute a simple interrupt service routine that will fire your gun. Since your iPad pixel screen pixel space have no (screen) hardware interrupt capability, the game Program  has much more work to do in order to sense (poll) that your finger is on a space that accepts inputs, determine what kind of function *fire* you want that space related to and to finally fire the gun.  If you haven’t discovered it yet, you will eventually discover that on ocassion, pressing the fire “space” on your iPad doesn’t fire the gun. You. may also discover that on ocassion, the direction rose on your iPad game space doesn’t direct the tank the way your finger press directs the tank to go. Same deal as above. The desktop computer should have none of these issues.  If a desktop keyboard key tap fails to cause the processor to execute a function, have your keyboard cleaned. 

2) use gold or not.  You can pen angles and some surfaces with gold that you can’t with standard AP. If you don’t use gold, then you have to reposition to take that shot, so that you can pen the target’s armor. If you use gold, have your wallet by the computer.  It’s a difference maker for some shots if your gunning for stats. And stats are a big deal in the forums.  You’ll figure it out. 

3) think about teamship. Plenty of teams, even at tier 9/10 will park and camp.  If that is ok with you, you stand the best chance of winning by camping with your team (particularly if the other team is even worse than yours). If camping is anathema to you (as it is to me) then go and exploit. But don’t expect to win out there by yourself. In the rare instances when a team mate shows initiative, go with it. Those are the games you remember (win or lose).

4) Camouflage. TDs should have it because they can be positioned, sniping at elevations and it’s part of their defense. I see camo on heavy turreted tanks all the time and it’s superfluous. Heavies should be in range of cover most of the time, not  in NEED of camo. Maybe if you need the camo with a turreted heavy, you aren’t doing what your supposed to.  But, if you want to spend the money...

5) audio: consider using a headset in the game.  That enables you to establish strategy in real time... in theory. Otherwise you have to trust in synergy, divining team members intentions and hoping they Devine yours. 

6) the minimap: the minimap is a friendly/enemy locator.  It should be intuitive that you need to go to the enemy using the most logical angle of attack. 

7) spawn and strategy: At times, Match Maker spawns your team spread way out. Before you begin  moving after spawn, decide which direction of travel makes the most strategic sense.  Most of the time; spread out, spawned tanks can travel in two groups in two directions, accomplishing envelopment. It makes no sense, particularly for heavies to waste time after spawn, moving together while the opponent team has already started on the offensive. In this instance, your team usually resorts to defensive action while being enveloped.

8) The same rules apply to a strategic game as rules of war.  Conduct your initial strategy to allow as many options to be available to you throughout the game as possible.. 

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19491 battles
  • [CRU2L]
The best in the game use tablets. Some of them use PC. It doesn’t make a difference, except the auto aim is a bit better on PC.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

NoobieDude #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3146 battles
  • [CYRUS]
Dude¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!????

Marlajane11 #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 56236 battles

If you use gold, have your wallet next to your computer? 

I fire gold rounds using silver credits that can be earned with or without a wallet.

Also, for all you keyboard cheaters, same device mode is on and it is never turning off until they retard the auto aim and zoom features on the keyboard to the level it is for an iPad. Sorry, you keyboaders are just gonna have to play with yourselves. If you want the real blitz experience, pick up a tablet and join us. It isn’t that hard. If you like playing tanks on the PC, then you might as well just go play WOT PC.

Edited by Marlajane11, 17 January 2018 - 04:22 AM.

NoobieDude #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3146 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostMarlajane11, on 16 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

I fire gold rounds using silver credits that can be earned with or without a wallet.

Also, for all you keyboard cheaters, same device mode is on and it is never turning off until they retard the auto aim and zoom features on the keyboard to the level it is for an iPad. Sorry, you keyboaders are just gonna have to play with yourselves. If you want the real blitz experience, pick up a tablet and join us. It isn’t that hard. If you like plaing tanks on the PC, then you might as well just go play WOT PC.

Compared to WOT... WOT-Blitz is very easy to play...

FitzhughGoode #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 102670 battles
  • [FUXII]

View PostMarlajane11, on 17 January 2018 - 04:21 AM, said:

Also, for all you keyboard cheaters, same device mode is on and it is never turning off until they retard the auto aim and zoom features on the keyboard to the level it is for an iPad. Sorry, you keyboaders are just gonna have to play with yourselves. If you want the real blitz experience, pick up a tablet and join us. It isn’t that hard. If you like playing tanks on the PC, then you might as well just go play WOT PC.

Right on, Marlajane11.  A long time player of Blitz, worthy of attention, would have known about the cr for prammo thing.  

The thing I love about Blitz is that I can play anywhere.  In the car, on the bus, on the tube, in the BattleChair, on the throne, sick in bed, on the deck, down the bay at camp, anywhere.  If my wifi ping has gone for a dump, I switch over to cellular easy peasy.

Since I got my new device I play same control mode off when I want very short queue times and supremacy battles.  I turn same control mode back on, when I'm sick of the scrubbery. 

Also, *advice*.

Edited by FitzhughGoode, 17 January 2018 - 12:24 PM.

tedg5 #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 47982 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Good advise except the camo thing. I use camo on all tanks, it costs very little and may make a difference when I really need it. And it looks way better than the stock paint job. :great:

_Panzer_V #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Aficionado of Noobery

• Players
  • 26178 battles
  • [PHOBO]
I think it’s much easier to pull complicated maneuvers on the touchpad 
“If you can’t beat it, HEAT it.” --MarkGFL

More detailed stats>https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Panzer_V

№1 NA Damage record in LeKpz. M 41 90 (6,078)

celestron2 #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30122 battles

so, OP here.

There were two main issues that would need resolving before I would get back into the game...

1) Broken target acquisition. You know how it works. A friendly spies a tank via eye sight and "communicates" the location to you.  Now you "see" the tank and can get telescopic view of the target in your gun site. So far, this is an emulation of tank to tank command and control. The way the game works is an unnecessary departure from real emulation in that when your friendly loses eye sight of the target, you simultaneously lose telescopic sight of the enemy.  Of course, the target should remain in your telescopic site until the either the target moves out of your telescopic view or you move your telescopic view elsewhere. Then the whole target acquisition process would of course start again from scratch. That was the big one and was an irritant every game.  I opened a forum thread on this and then opened a ticket.  They aren't going to fix it.

2) Even if they fixed the aforementioned, there remained an issue that they likely couldn't change it they wanted.  The first topic at the top of the thread illustrated how the program for ipad must be implemented differently from the program for a desktop. The remedy for the described  deficiency could be to just put the ipad down and use my desktop.  Whereas I am a programmer by trade, the last thing I look forward to is more time bent over a K/B and preferred the easy chair with a foot stool, using an ipad.  It doesn't work in a satisfying way  (again as described).

I won't be using my account any longer and have opened a ticket for account closure.

To the new users; experiment, experiment and experiment. Employ initiative and follow those that use it. Play the game that excites you. Its your time spent. Be good to each other from the get go.

Adios.

Edited by celestron2, 21 January 2018 - 11:23 PM.

celestron2 #10 Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30122 battles

So, I stopped back into the game after a *highly* productive two year absence. You know, just like we tell our teen-agers, "Get away from games and you make real progress elsewhere".  I haven't had time into the game to evaluate if some of my suggestions to the developers were ever implemented.

Suggestions for new comers are not much different, but can be condensed as concerns users of heavies:

1) Being slow and with a big punch, heavies have an affinity for cover.  As a user, reconcile your vehicle's limitations and the reality that if you don't fight aggressively, how do you expect the mediums to do it for you?

2) Go to the action, particularly if your team mates are in a serious fight elswhere

3) Opportunities are created. Trust that you have aggressive team mates. Good team mates will recognize you're looking to create an advantage and they'll support based on the capabilities of their tanks.  If they hold back; its not your fault.  Ignore the flaming if your pounced while they watch.  Their camping is not a strategy.

4) Lastly; you know good aggressive team play when your team exercises it. Play as aggressively as possible with your heavy's capabilities and limitations. Ignore flames.  "Good", aggressively played  games are about 10% of the total.  That amounts to a lot of time wasted after you have accumulated experience with your tanks. 

5) Take some serious time off here and there. Do you fancy programming as a future?  There is a huge amount of free, public domain and tutorial content in the web for Python, Java, Javascript, NoSQL, HTML/CSS.  Setting up your application development environment via DigitalOcean, AWS, Microsoft, or Google is not that expensive. One of these providers is far less expensive than the others for development. I'll let you figure it out. I'm an old web hosting engineer and  have built my own Model/View/Controller (MVC) apps during my gaming absence. If you think of your self as a programmer and don't understand MVC, you need to put down the gaming mouse and start researching.  See you in a year.

raellgunawesum #11 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14974 battles
  • [_GG_]
I would disagree on the camo, sometimes it makes the difference between getting sniped to death and staying hidden. Also helps in the endgame, makes it slightly easier to ambush the unsuspecting scrub

Signed:

---Rael

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users