Light tank spotting scouting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

nicog45 #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16808 battles
  • [-JJ]
So, I figured I should expand my tank type repertoire. So far, I’ve played almost exclusively medium tanks. What resources would you all reccomend? Also, what should I do differently from mediums? Are there any YouTubers is who point out good positions and where to spot?

Edited by nicog45, 29 January 2018 - 08:15 PM.

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

j0nn0 #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19752 battles
  • [XREGS]

I personally dont do much differently from when I drive mediums, but that depends on overall mobility, available armor, and gun handling. If youve played everything from armored mediums (heaviums) to thin skinned ones with good mobility, you wont notice a difference except for possibly camo mechanics.

You tend to get spotted less in a light compared to a medium in the same situations and bush points if you're doing everything right.

Edited by j0nn0, 29 January 2018 - 08:01 PM.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

nicog45 #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16808 battles
  • [-JJ]

View Postj0nn0, on 29 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I personally dont do much differently from when I drive mediums, but that depends on overall mobility, available armor, and gun handling. If youve played everything from armored mediums (heaviums) to thin skinned ones with good mobility, you wont notice a difference except for possibly camo mechanics.

You tend to get spotted less in a light compared to a medium in the same situations and bush points if you're doing everything right.

I’ve played the British mediums up to tier 8 (loved em), the Americans up to tier 8(love em all except Pershing), and the whole Russian line minus KV-13 and Obj. 140 (love em all).  I seem to do good at tier 6 and 7, but I can’t maintain in tier 8, either I need to git gud or I’m not doing something at tier 8. 

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU2l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

outersketcher #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12738 battles
  • [COD-R]

Nicog...

Look up threads about light tanks from a guy who used to be big on this forum.. Lokeen. He loved lights.. and played them well.

There are LOTS of youtube videos out there by the legends of this game.. Bushka, sk8te, dimmzy, anon, ect... that will show you how to drive a light and do well in them.

I've watched them all.. and it has done nothing for my win rate.. haha!.. but that's my failure not theirs. There is lots of good info in those videos.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

WipWapJaws #5 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46629 battles
  • [WKD]
American TD line,  Its fun and they have turrets

TheFluffiestSeal #6 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 14889 battles
  • [-RGN-]
__Seal__ is willing to give out lessons. For free. :)

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

nicog45 #7 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16808 battles
  • [-JJ]

View Post__Seal__, on 29 January 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

__Seal__ is willing to give out lessons. For free. :)

I would add you in game....if I hadn’t already. :)

Absolute_Sniper #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38217 battles
  • [CRU2L]
http://forum.wotblit...iew__getnewpost

I posted this a while back. It might be helpful if you’re still trying to figure out lights.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Immel_man #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 59423 battles
  • [YODA_]
Abuse lite tank camo. (Full stop)

minitel_NA #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

all the other comments above are good 

here are my tips :

Don’t get shot.

if you receive one shot, consider that you made something wrong and you should seriously think about it after the game instead of going into the  “next game”.

some mediums play almost like lights, some lights almost play like mediums. Also consider that Autoloaders, especially french autoloaders, play like nothing else.

About viewrange and camo you can study the mechanics and the maps  in map Inspector www.wotinspector.com in case you haven’t. Consider also some videos from youtubers and also the official WG “how things work : visibillity” 

Light tanks generally return lower results than mediums, which return lower results than heavies. This is intended by the devs. Don’t get mad if you aren’t doing as good as your other tanks, it is generally harder to carry a game with a light than it is with a medium, especially upper tiers, especially playing solo. Keep this in mind, maybe you do everything good and still are a few % lower than your other tanks. Especially if solo, this is expected.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Gavidoc01 #11 Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42646 battles
  • [III]

Understand passive spotting and strategic relocation. 

Passive spotting as in just because you can shoot doesn't mean you should shoot. 

Strategic relocation as in, you and a fellow medium/light decide to go right and the heavies are coming but you get there before they arrive and are facing 2-3 tanks, fall back and resposition and tell your teammate to do the same. They might have the better position as a result but you at least won't be down a couple of tanks at the same time.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Also tagged with Light tank, spotting, scouting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users