An Honest Proposal on How to Improve WoTB (Revision #17)

Tutorial Rating Battles Spare Parts Matchmaking Other Cool Stuff Statistics

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

HumanCoookie #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

An Honest Proposal on How to Improve World of Tanks Blitz

Keep in mind these are my own opinions and no one needs to get mega butt hurt about them. Also, some suggestions on topics I write about may have previously been brought up before this post and I’m not intentionally copying/taking. Still, not to say completely some topics didn’t give me ideas to write the same or build upon what someone else wrote. Also, the numbering of the suggestions below isn't related to each of their worth (least to greatest). 

Hello, I’m HumanCoookie from NA server. I am a 40%er player, but I strive for the best in battle! 

Table with Some Contents:

Every Suggestion Unorganized

Kool Cids Klub (Those With Great Ideas and Feedback)

HugGigolo             (Reviewing 14. and 1.)

Absolute_Sniper    (Suggestion of 21.)

MORE WILL BE ADDED LATER

1. Tutorial (A)

Spoiler

2. Contributors 

Spoiler

3. Tutorial (B)

Spoiler

4. BlitzStars Website

Spoiler

5. Rating Battles (A)

Spoiler

6. Tank Commander [SEMI ADDED]

Spoiler

7. Replay Feature [ADDED]

Spoiler

8. Military Honor System

Spoiler

9. Mastery Badges

Spoiler

10. Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks

Spoiler

11. Rating Battles (B)

Spoiler

12. AI Battles

Spoiler

13. Damage Blocked 

Spoiler

14. Personal Player Categorization

Spoiler

15. "Are You Sure You Want to Proceed?" Buttons

Spoiler

16. Spare Parts [REMOVED]

Spoiler

17. Highest Damage Recorded for Tanks as a Statistic

Spoiler

18. Emblems on Tanks

Spoiler

19. New Epic Medals

Spoiler

20. Colored Driving Markers

Spoiler

21. Gold Rewards for Forum Usage

Spoiler

22. Colored Lines for Team Reloading Display

Spoiler

23. A Player Punishment System (Time)

Spoiler

24. Friend Statuses

Spoiler

25. Grouped Notifications

Spoiler

26. Wait Time Before a Battle

Spoiler

27. Contests for Informational Videos for New Players

Spoiler

28. Military Honor Stars Above a Player's Name

Spoiler

Well ThAt WaS COoL

Well, those were some ideas I had to improve this game. I will add more suggestions at later dates. Some suggestions currently here right now sound pretty useful and some are dumb. OK, bye.

All Edits

Edited by HumanCoookie, 24 October 2018 - 05:49 AM.

Good players forget the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 hrs and platooned with Mike!

HumanCoookie #2 Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

When you copy and paste from Notes to forums and font size is x100.

EDIT: Font size now fixed 

Edited by HumanCoookie, 02 February 2018 - 06:29 AM.

MAJIME #3 Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9262 battles
  • [SRT]

Agree with everything you've said.

I want to add that WG should stop trying to put bandages on broken bones. Both the Military honor system and concept of spare parts are one of the biggest jokes that WG has implemented. The MH system fails to do its job assessing the validity of a players "honor". It labels AFK players and trolls as "exceptional players" and individuals who have way over the amount of downvotes cant be banned by the system (we literally have to complain here on the forums to get them removed). Trying to fix minor things in the MH system wont fix the core issue of troll players still receiving up votes. Secondly, spare parts were never accepted by the community at any point in time through its implementation. Other than WG literally taking away stuff we worked hard towards getting, Spare parts literally makes you to spend money to receive a 3 day wait time, which is both ineffective and doesn't make sense. WG, trying to fix this issue implemented a "spare parts booster" (what a joke) where you can, through basically a "lottery" gain a slight advantage (25-150 I believe which doesn't make a difference) in the amount of spare parts you can receive. 

Both these systems should be removed completely and replaced and WG needs to listen to players who actually understand this game not to those who throw clueless dollars into mechanics that don't really even benefit them.

P.S. sorry for beating a dead horse with the spare parts.

SPΛRTΛ

HugGigolo #4 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17359 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostHumanCoookie, on 31 January 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

An Honest Proposal on How to Improve WoTB 

Keep in mind these are my own opinions and no one needs to .....

We need an urgent fix for your big-[edited] font. It felt like I had to stand at a distance to read that.

_The_Tactition_ #5 Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18845 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostHugGigolo, on 01 February 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

We need an urgent fix for your big-[edited] font. It felt like I had to stand at a distance to read that.

Maybe you need some help reading. He said that the size was so big because he copied and pasted from Notes. 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_Panzer_V #6 Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

Aficionado of Noobery

• Players
  • 24158 battles
  • [PHOBO]

View PostHugGigolo, on 01 February 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

read the entire thread before you comment, please 
“If you can’t beat it, HEAT it.” --MarkGFL

More detailed stats>https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Panzer_V

№1 NA Damage record in LeKpz. M 41 90 (6,078)

RoadKutter #7 Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 30893 battles
  • [III-C]
 I can't believe that people come up with these proposals snd suggestions. Does no one realize that no one listens? 

Stopped caring about winning and just playing for FUN!

Zuke76 #8 Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 15369 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostHumanCoookie, on 01 February 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

When you copy and paste from Notes to forums and font size is x100.

I can hardly read that :teethhappy:

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

HumanCoookie #9 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

View PostZuke76, on 01 February 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I can hardly read that :teethhappy:

Lol :)

HumanCoookie #10 Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

View PostMAJIME, on 01 February 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Agree with everything you've said.

I want to add that WG should stop trying to put bandages on broken bones. Both the Military honor system and concept of spare parts are one of the biggest jokes that WG has implemented. The MH system fails to do its job assessing the validity of a players "honor". It labels AFK players and trolls as "exceptional players" and individuals who have way over the amount of downvotes cant be banned by the system (we literally have to complain here on the forums to get them removed). Trying to fix minor things in the MH system wont fix the core issue of troll players still receiving up votes. Secondly, spare parts were never accepted by the community at any point in time through its implementation. Other than WG literally taking away stuff we worked hard towards getting, Spare parts literally makes you to spend money to receive a 3 day wait time, which is both ineffective and doesn't make sense. WG, trying to fix this issue implemented a "spare parts booster" (what a joke) where you can, through basically a "lottery" gain a slight advantage (25-150 I believe which doesn't make a difference) in the amount of spare parts you can receive. 

Both these systems should be removed completely and replaced and WG needs to listen to players who actually understand this game not to those who throw clueless dollars into mechanics that don't really even benefit them.

P.S. sorry for beating a dead horse with the spare parts.

Thanks! And I forgot to do a part on spare parts. But I totally agree, it sucks when I buy a new tank and have to a weeks worth of missions just to unlock one equipment item.

HumanCoookie #11 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

View PostHugGigolo, on 01 February 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

you are welcome :)

_IStealYourKill_ #12 Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9000 battles
  • [_UF_]

I have some stuff to add to this list...

1. Actually balanced premiums... I've had friends quit this game once they get to tier 7 simply because of the existence of Helsings H0s, Draculas, IS-3 Defs, etc. while they are driving their poor little stock T20s...

2. Spotting and Camo Mechanics in tutorial

3. More of a difference between inaccurate and accurate guns

HumanCoookie #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

Original post has been has been heavily revised

(just an FYI for those who care)

Edited by HumanCoookie, 12 February 2018 - 06:09 AM.

HugGigolo #14 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17359 battles
  • [AGILE]

Re:

1. Agree there's room for improvement. In particular we desperately need a Supremacy tutorial when players reach tier 5. Something that outlines all the different winning and more importantly, losing scenarios. That sometimes sitting in a red cap point merely to stop or slow their points ticker can get you the win. That driving across the map to cap C in your M6 heavy does zero to prevent the reds reaching 1000 points with A and B, instead you helped them win by taking your tank out of the fight that mattered!

4. Couldn't agree more.

7. I believe WG has been working on a replay system for some time. Apparently it was pushed to the back burner last year but it's now pencilled in for some time this year. I'm hoping for something more full featured like with WoT PC, so we can change POV, camera etc.

8. An XVM-type of skill indicator would actually be useful- shown for teammates only to prevent tunnelling. We'd know who's calls to listen to and ignore, who to support and share hitpoints with etc.

It seems like much of the problem WG is trying to fix is chat abuse. I still think the ability to mute players in-battle would be more useful than MH for this. Immediately gags the problem player and it can flag the chat logs of players who rack up huge numbers of mutes and chat ban them when appropriate.

9. Agree.

10. Couldn't disagree more on balancing for WR, you don't want this. Right now, WR reflects ability because the matchmaking is random but that's not some kind of immutable law. If MM gives both teams a perfect 50/50 chance of winning, you'll get 50% win rates regardless of skill (actually 48-49% because of draws but the point should be obvious). If you're a 42% potato, why bother getting better when MM will simply rebalance you? Why bother upgrading, equipping, provisioning tanks etc. when the MM will rebalance your improved performance? In reality it could never be that perfect, but it would change the incentive from improving your skill to find ways of gaming the matchmaker.

11. Yup, lack of players. I suspect Ratings works much better on RU.

13. Would love this also.

14. Interesting idea but as I said above, I'd much prefer a skill-based indicator like XVM for your teammates. 

HumanCoookie #15 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

View PostHugGigolo, on 12 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Re:

1. Agree there's room for improvement. In particular we desperately need a Supremacy tutorial when players reach tier 5. Something that outlines all the different winning and more importantly, losing scenarios. That sometimes sitting in a red cap point merely to stop or slow their points ticker can get you the win. That driving across the map to cap C in your M6 heavy does zero to prevent the reds reaching 1000 points with A and B, instead you helped them win by taking your tank out of the fight that mattered!

4. Couldn't agree more.

7. I believe WG has been working on a replay system for some time. Apparently it was pushed to the back burner last year but it's now pencilled in for some time this year. I'm hoping for something more full featured like with WoT PC, so we can change POV, camera etc.

8. An XVM-type of skill indicator would actually be useful- shown for teammates only to prevent tunnelling. We'd know who's calls to listen to and ignore, who to support and share hitpoints with etc.

It seems like much of the problem WG is trying to fix is chat abuse. I still think the ability to mute players in-battle would be more useful than MH for this. Immediately gags the problem player and it can flag the chat logs of players who rack up huge numbers of mutes and chat ban them when appropriate.

9. Agree.

10. Couldn't disagree more on balancing for WR, you don't want this. Right now, WR reflects ability because the matchmaking is random but that's not some kind of immutable law. If MM gives both teams a perfect 50/50 chance of winning, you'll get 50% win rates regardless of skill (actually 48-49% because of draws but the point should be obvious). If you're a 42% potato, why bother getting better when MM will simply rebalance you? Why bother upgrading, equipping, provisioning tanks etc. when the MM will rebalance your improved performance? In reality it could never be that perfect, but it would change the incentive from improving your skill to find ways of gaming the matchmaker.

11. Yup, lack of players. I suspect Ratings works much better on RU.

13. Would love this also.

14. Interesting idea but as I said above, I'd much prefer a skill-based indicator like XVM for your teammates. 

XVM would be amazing for WoTB. And don’t quote me for this as I’m still ify on this, but last year I read mods similar to XVM were subject to having a player using the mod be banned, or at least suspended for x amount of days. Also, #10 could also at least try to balance, maybe not just WR (overall stats possibly). So I can see what you mean by the WR. Bad teams, etc. could limit a really skilled player reducing them to 50s whereas a really bad player that clubs in tier 1 can have 60%. But skill and experience can always change a game, as with the example above. Anyway, some matchmaking is bareable, but an entire team of 40%ers fighting mostly 50%ers+ kinda shouldn’t not happen, but yeah, I see what you mean by not balancing just based on WR.

Also, thanks for your feedback. Really appreciated!

acrisis #16 Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20244 battles
  • [III-X]

Not a bad list, but something is missing :

******* Spare Parts / Equipment system and economy

The single biggest thing that has pushed countless players away, made them play and spend way less or even quit. 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

HumanCoookie #17 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]

Do thou eternal being, Wargaming, read these carefully concocted forms of literacy crafted by all? 

My brain hurts now, new revision coming this weekend.

HumanCoookie #18 Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]
Revised

HumanCoookie #19 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13937 battles
  • [NSBA]
*EDIT 9: Added new bold texts to some suggestions, changed font to Times New Roman, edited thread title, added spoilers to each suggestion, added some new suggestions (18. Emblems on Tanks and 19. New Epic Medals). 3/20/18

Judgementbringer #20 Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34257 battles
  • [_PNW_]
Here’s a suggestion to improve the honor system.  To avoid inflating individual honor prohibitions must be made to where those who are in the same clan and/or those platooning together are not allowed to rate fellow team mates or clan mates.  I myself am guilty of doing so, although I try to be honest in my ratings but have myself be rated as a goid player by my team/clan mate even when my play was less than worthy of the rating given.  I image this happens across the board and is probably one of the big reasons for poor players having exemplary ratings.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users