Lag

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gsd2015 #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 49418 battles
  • [N-W-3]
I’ve been playing Blitz since 2015 and generally love the game. Recently, since say beginning of January, there is so much lag, the game is basically unplayable. It’s not my internet speed which is consistently over 20MBPS. Losing games because I can’t move my vehicle. I’m about done with Blitz as a result. Too bad.

Edited by gsd2015, 06 February 2018 - 03:22 AM.

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 26539 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Chances are it’s you. I have barely played for the past 5 days as my WiFi is screwed and I’m out of data.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Dan_Deerso #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 28804 battles
  • [III]

View Postgsd2015, on 05 February 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

I’ve been playing Blitz since 2015 and generally love the game. Recently, since say beginning of January, there is so much lag, the game is basically unplayable. It’s not my internet speed which is consistently over 20MBPS. Losing games because I can’t move my vehicle. I’m about done with Blitz as a result. Too bad.

Blitz couldn't give a rat's behind what your download speed is. Most games don't, and you could probably run Blitz on a dial-up connection if you were so inclined. Blitz actually only uses 2KBPS on average on my personal machine.

Lag happens mainly in two cases. Ping or Packet loss.

Ping - Imagine your computer or phone as "poking" the server any time you want an action done, like firing the gun. Ping is the time it takes between you "poking" the server and the server to "poke" you back.

ISP: This kind of lag mainly depends on how busy your local internet "highway" is, because just like a highway at rush hour, everything slows down. However, your ISP may be doing some roadwork along the way as well, and we all know how much that can slow you down, especially if you have to detour.

MODEM: Now imagine that your device lives down a little access road, with a family of devices trying to use the same road as well. That road is your modem. If you don't have your modem's priorities set correctly, Mrs. Netflix from the living room might get in line in front of you, the gamer. 

Packet Loss This lag is similar in concept, but think of it like you're being UPS'ed a Lego set a few pieces at a time from WG's servers. If all the packages arrive at your house, everything's dandy. As soon as you lose one (or more) package in transit, your Lego set will have holes in it. 

This lag is directly related to the quality of the infrastructure of your "highways", you lose more packets if the road is narrow, windy, or filled with potholes.

reluctanttheist #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 27833 battles
  • [III-H]

Woah Dan, you got it man.  OP, check links in my sig.  Run pingplotter, see where the problem is.  If it's at home, see my posts on getting better wifi at home.

And don't game on 2.4 GHz wifi.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

HumanCoookie #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

Milk Before Cereal

• Players
  • 20460 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postgsd2015, on 06 February 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Sometimes it's not WoTB's fault, surprising, I know. Best I can say is restarting your router (my router gets pretty hot sometimes so I turn it off for a few minutes so it cools down), reducing devices on WiFi (turning some devices not being used on airplane mode), and pay attention to ping spikes. If ping continues to act bad every game and won't stop, just take a break, servers probably dying inside, but if it spikes once or twice a game it's most likely your internet. Hey look here, REDUCE programs running in the background on your device. Also, if you have siblings, they may be hogging up bandwidth with stuff (posting pictures on Discord or other forms of stuff, playing internet intensive games, and unlikely, but leaving many tabs open at once). 

Suggestions Thread for game improvement (now on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Normal Edition] (Due to be on Google Docs)

HNTS 101 [Map Edition]

HNTS 101 [Tank Edition]

also i lerned to hyperlink yay

Ampro #6 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5392 battles
Ye i needed to reduce graphics so it looks very bad.(graphics)

Also tagged with Lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users