Quick Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

MaXSty1er #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hungry for team battles without long waiting times to register and start actual battles? Assemble your team right in the middle of a tournament and win as many battles as possible. You can participate at least twice in the same tournament and get rewards for both attempts!

Engage in Quick Tournaments on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The first tournament starts February 7. We will announce the conditions shortly.

• How are Quick Tournaments different?

To perform well in a "classic" tournament, one should assemble a team of players in advance, register the team, polish their tactics, and enter the game together on time. This is a format suitable for large tournaments where sizeable rewards, cups, offline finals, and monetary prizes are at stake.

• Registration

You can register for a Quick Tournament in advance or even as the battles progress. Assemble a team and join the fray immediately! Registration only closes 30 minutes before.

• Matchmaking

A Quick Tournament does not have a bracket. Opponents are matched in real time. Twice per tournament, a team can take a time-out of up to 15 minutes.

• "Lives" and Tours

A Quick Tournament consists of several tours. Their number depends on the settings of each specific tournament.

If a team wins a match, it proceeds to the next tour. Victory in the last tour ends the tournament for the team.

Depending on the settings, a team has several "lives". Upon defeat in a match, the team loses one life and plays the next match in the same tour (it does not move to the next or previous tour).

If a team runs out of "lives", it is eliminated from the tournament.

For now, you will need a clan to participate in Quick Tournaments, but in the future this restriction may be lifted and you will be able to assemble teams of your friends.

• How does one participate?

A Quick Tournament can be easily identified by its "flaming" icon. If the tournament is already in progress, you will see it in the CURRENT tab of the Tournaments screen. If you are registering in advance, check the FUTURE tab.

Spoiler

If a tournament has a "Your clan enrolled" indicator, you can join the team that has already been created. Find it by clan tag and tap JOIN.

Spoiler

If you are to assemble your own team, tap the PARTICIPATE button, and the registration window will be displayed. Name your team and tap CREATE.

Spoiler

The team management window will be displayed. Here you can:

• Invite players to the team (online players are marked with a green circle);
  • Add candidates to the team roster (if they applied for the team on their own and not through an invitation);
  • Check player statistics;
  • Remove players;
  • Dismiss the team.

When the tournament begins and the team is assembled, the START BATTLES! button will become available to the team captain. Make sure that all team members are online (all indicators in the clan chat are green and, ideally, all players respond to queries). Then tap START BATTLES!

Spoiler

After some time you will get to the tournament room, and invitations will be sent out to all other participants of the tournament. When the minimum number of players required to start a match is reached in the room, a search for an opposing team will commence. Once the system matches your team against another team, the battle will start automatically.

Have you selected a vehicle and joined the tournament room? Don't forget to tap READY! Otherwise your team will go into battle without you, making it a distressing experience for everyone.

Between matches (not between battles within the same match), the captain will have the PAUSE button available in the tournament room. Tapping on the button suspends matchmaking for up to 15 minutes and gives your team a respite. If everyone is ready to continue, cancel the pause earlier—simply tap START. The pause can be used twice per tournament and only if the system has not found an opposing team yet.

Spoiler

When your team either exhausts its "lives" (defeats) limit or wins in all tours, you will be sent back to the registration screen. If team members still have attempts for participation in the tournament, the START BATTLES! button will launch the matchmaking again.

Attempts—maximum number of registrations of a player for the same tournament. Attempts are deducted if the team wins in every stage of a tournament, is eliminated from the tournament, or the tournament ends half-way and the team played at least one battle in it.

Lives—maximum number of defeats of a team in matches within the same attempt.

Spoiler

Once you finish an attempt, you will see how many times you can still participate in the tournament

Spoiler
If one of the players on a team runs out of attempts, the team will not be able to start battles

Sometime after the tournament ends, the team will be granted prizes for the highest tour, in which it won, within each attempt (registration) separately.

Now you are ready for Quick Tournaments—participate, win, and share your thoughts! Let's battle!

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I really liked last quick tournaments so looking forward to this!

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_34 #3 Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 21041 battles
  • [SRT]
Is this new format permanent?  I strongly dislike the long wait times. The old format was much quicker, and in my opinion much more fun.

_Panzer_V #4 Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

Aficionado of Noobery

• Players
  • 18988 battles
  • [PHOBO]
So it’s kind of like a pub match with 6 platoon mates?
“If you can’t beat it, HEAT it.” --MarkGFL (AgingJedi)

More detailed stats>https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Panzer_V

№1 Damage in LeKpz. M 41 90 (6,078)

Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)  

SGM_zorbaz #5 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:22 AM

Executive Officer & CWNA Council

• Players
  • 23499 battles
  • [SRT]
I find that you are greatly inhibited by the long wait times between battles. Please minimize the number of tier options down to a single tier, I would suggest tier 8. The tourney tonight had 6 teams at tier 10, barely 30 teams at tier 8, and 60 teams at tier 6. We played in tier 6, and also in tier 10. All of the matches had terribly long wait times. I think you are over saturating the market with tourneys. I suggest, only tuesday and thursday for regulars, but only sunday and saturday for the quick tourneys. You need to make the waiting not be so long.

"Show me a man with Grit, Skill and Zeal and I will show you a Spartan."

"Show me a man with fear, who triumphs over that fear and I will show you a hero." 

SGM_zorbaz; Executive Officer, [SPARTA] - μολὼν λαβέ

RexyComandante #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSGM_zorbaz, on 11 February 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

I find that you are greatly inhibited by the long wait times between battles. Please minimize the number of tier options down to a single tier, I would suggest tier 8. The tourney tonight had 6 teams at tier 10, barely 30 teams at tier 8, and 60 teams at tier 6. We played in tier 6, and also in tier 10. All of the matches had terribly long wait times. I think you are over saturating the market with tourneys. I suggest, only tuesday and thursday for regulars, but only sunday and saturday for the quick tourneys. You need to make the waiting not be so long.

Could you say how much time you waited? At least approximately.

_The_Tactition_ #7 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRexyComandante, on 11 February 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Could you say how much time you waited? At least approximately.

In the tier 8 quick tournament on Saturday I waited about 7 minutes a round. That’s not quick.

Give us the IRON CROSS

TFWorld_Jenn #8 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:54 AM

Spreadsheet Queen

• Players
  • 22700 battles
  • [-BA-]
On Wednesday we had wait times around 15 minutes after the first two tours

RexyComandante #9 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 12 February 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

In the tier 8 quick tournament on Saturday I waited about 7 minutes a round. That’s not quick.

View PostTFWorld_Jenn, on 12 February 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

On Wednesday we had wait times around 15 minutes after the first two tours

Waiting time depends on quantity of teams which play in the tournament.

_34 #10 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 21041 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostRexyComandante, on 12 February 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

In the best-of-one tournaments, I never waited over a couple minutes. In these best-of-three, I had wait times over 10 minutes. This is literally slower than the regular tournaments - this is a problem. I say scrap these and keep the best-of-one tourneys.

Edited by _34, 12 February 2018 - 12:10 PM.

RexyComandante #11 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

We've made some changes in the quick tournaments on this week.

Wednesday quick tournaments were moved on Monday.

Saturday quick tournaments were moved on Wednesday.

Sunday quick tournaments were moved on Friday.

All quick tournaments start at 6:00 PM (UTC -7) and finish at 10:00 PM (UTC -7)

You can see actual schedule in the game client right now. We'll follow the tournaments and if we see necessity of changes in the tournaments format, we'll do these.

_The_Tactition_ #12 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRexyComandante, on 12 February 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

We've made some changes in the quick tournaments on this week.

Wednesday quick tournaments were moved on Monday.

Saturday quick tournaments were moved on Wednesday.

Sunday quick tournaments were moved on Friday.

All quick tournaments start at 18:00 (UTC -7) and finish at 22:00 (UTC -7)

You can see actual schedule in the game client right now. We'll follow the tournaments and if we see necessity of changes in the tournaments format, we'll do these.

Is that 7 PM EST?

Give us the IRON CROSS

RexyComandante #13 Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 12 February 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Is that 7 PM EST?

8 PM EST.

mike82198 #14 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35315 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostRexyComandante, on 12 February 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Quantity of teams which play in the tournament depends on the number of players online. Our server could be too small to sustain this tournament format. I played it on EU (x2 the size of NA) and the waiting times were extreme as well (15 minutes). 

Edited by mike82198, 12 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

RexyComandante #15 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postmike82198, on 12 February 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Quantity of teams which play in the tournament depends on the number of players online. Our server could be too small to sustain this tournament format. I played it on EU (x2 the size of NA) and the waiting times were extreme as well (15 minutes). 

Waiting time between rounds don't reach even 2 minutes in statistic on EU-server . 

mike82198 #16 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35315 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostRexyComandante, on 12 February 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

Waiting time between rounds don't reach even 2 minutes in statistic on EU-server . 

Check the waiting times experienced by the LGN team in Off Season #30 Tier IX-X. It took us well over two hours to go through 9 rounds of battles (one full tournament and one 4/5 where tournament time expired while waiting for an opponent). That’s pretty much the same pace as a regular tournament. For the first rounds we had brief wait times, but the wait times for rounds 4 and 5 were very significant. The projected wait time for our final battle (that didn’t occur) was 24 minutes. 

Edited by mike82198, 12 February 2018 - 04:05 PM.

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 18898 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostRexyComandante, on 12 February 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

Please tell me that you look at more than just the average wait time -- please tell me that you look at maximum wait time as well.

Please?

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

__Seal__ #18 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 11824 battles
  • [PNCR]
The problem with these “Quick” tournaments is that they aren’t quick at all. We (PNCR) tried the tier X one on (Sunday? Saturday?, I don’t remember), but after 15 minutes, we were the only registered team. So then we went down to tier 8, and it was a little better, but it was like 10-20 minutes wait on average.

Roses are red, my clan is so lit,

I'm good at this game, so __Seal__ with it!

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Ryanphoenix #19 Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

Accredited Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 18520 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I would like to add that the past quick tourney on Saturday, and our team regularly saw wait times in excess of 10-12 min. 

https://www.blitzsta.../1018613518.png

Confirmed Wallet warrior and proud M60 owner. (Semi)Reformed Nub

_The_Tactition_ #20 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 17783 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRyanphoenix, on 12 February 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

I would like to add that the past quick tourney on Saturday, and our team regularly saw wait times in excess of 10-12 min. 

I can second this.

Give us the IRON CROSS

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users