The new normal for WOTB

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

alex1956 #1 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25830 battles
  • [MOM5]

I know everyone is getting fed up and leaving, if your an older player that's been around for years. Just felt that a discussion about it needed to take place on the forum since Wargaming doesn't seem to care enough to do something about it!

You worked for years to train, equip and build your garage into something you expect to compete at a higher level only to see that advantage watered down into a worthless waste of time spent on the game. Wallet warriors and newbies gained more in a few months than your hard work yielded by buying their way up and ruin your game! They have no clue and when you say something, be prepared for the vulgar remarks to head your way from that useless player who gave the team a goose egg! They're in all tiers now and skill has no place in this game anymore. The gamble of having a team that plays as a team is the biggest determining factor by far anymore! Every so often you'll get a chance to use your skills to determine the outcome, but more often you'll die trying to use your hard earned knowledge and strategies because the team just sits and watches you fight alone. Ignoring a call for the team to move together or outright refusing to move from spawn has infected every tier now. This has been magnified greatly because long term players have left or, like me, they just log on to get their bonus crates and see the same shiot and leave in disgust!

The players I used to play long hours with have realized that the fun is no longer there and I never see them anymore because of all of these things! The number of clueless players have kept the numbers up for Wargaming, but it's nothing more than a free for all in the games. I keep hanging in there to see if it changes but it's always for the worse on every update. It won't be long till I go ahead and uninstall for good because I average about 4 games till my disgust makes me quit!

So don't pound on my observations because I really don't care if your love for this mess of a game makes you want more of the same, that's your right. But remember, there's a whole group of players that are much better than I who left in disgust too!

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

Gladsfur #2 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62515 battles
  • [INRI]
I hear you. It’s getting harder and harder to enjoy the game, for all the reasons you listed. 

Posit1ve_ #3 Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 43182 battles
  • [_V_]

Noobs aren't really a problem. They make it easier to win; and thanks to them, I'm doing better than I've ever been doing. Also, the monster games that make this game fun are only possible thanks to noobs.

Not only that, but you have no one to blame except yourself for losing. It's definitely feasible to run nearly a 70% wr solo, and 80% if you platoon a lot. Whenever you lose, the vast majority of the time, there was something you could have done to win; noobs or not.

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

iCornholedYerMommyTwice #4 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 16075 battles

You are absolutely right.

3.8 destroyed the Game. 

WG knows Blitz is done. 

It has a year tops.

Oh. Forgot to add. WG, eat a peen.

One guy on here never is reluctant to take WGz full shaft and balls, gets a facial, and says Thank You after. Hey guy. You want me to come by and show your wife what a man is like? 

Edited by r0cKeT, 07 February 2018 - 03:12 AM.

The Name May Change, the Profile Pic May Change. 

Like Every Great Plague.

I Change, I Evolve, To Better Kill the Host.

I am Rocket.

Brundog #5 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Woof Woof

• Players
  • 46193 battles
  • [CCCCC]

Iffy teams is one thing.. obviously it is a gamble every time you hit the battle button.

This tier 10 Armor/Alpha meta with TD spam is getting old though.

SpartacusDiablo #6 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16662 battles
  • [III-P]
The game is good. The game prior to update 3.6 or so was so much better.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

XxxSTAKillaxxX #7 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6870 battles
  • [TR0LL]
They know it is done, Blitz especially has gone past its expected lifetime (reference to MTG and their killing without compensation of their mobile platform game).  What happens now is pure cashgrab by the commies.

reluctanttheist #8 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22868 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 06 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

I get tired of the complaining too.  New players are by definition noobs: we were once all noobs.  So now you figure out what you gotta do to win, or you quit and wait for the moronic alternative to WoTB to come out and see how you like getting scr3wed by My.com - because you'll get bent way worse with those guys.  Trust me.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

reluctanttheist #9 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:37 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22868 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostXxxSTAKillaxxX, on 06 February 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

They know it is done, Blitz especially has gone past its expected lifetime (reference to MTG and their killing without compensation of their mobile platform game).  What happens now is pure cashgrab by the commies.

Delete Blitz, wait for Armored Warfare Assault and see how you like getting bent by the guys at My.com :rolleyes:

Edited by reluctanttheist, 06 February 2018 - 09:37 PM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

dport02 #10 Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23852 battles
  • [FUXII]
Wargaming should sell this game to a company that isn’t so greedy and has some common sense because this truely is/was a great game. I would hate to see it go unplayed

Edited by dport02, 06 February 2018 - 09:53 PM.

CrazyHunter13 #11 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7104 battles
  • [BRNYC]
WG really just need to sit back and actually observe and take notes on what is wrong with the game and go from there. The game is nothing like it used to be mainly because of the ridiculous changes they made that nobody has really asked for. They could also expand the tutorial a bit and make the AI in the tutorial more "competent" instead of driving in the open, park in the open, fire until empty and remain in the open during reload. The game is still one of the best tank warfare games out there yet there is still a lot needing to be fixed. Question is if WG will ever quit being lazy and actually fix whats really broken with the game.

outersketcher #12 Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12207 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 06 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

this..^^^

Looking into the eyes of an infant is like staring into the heart of a star... Pure. And blazing.

Also.. it's never a pleasant experience to bite into a SlimJim, and discover a toenail. 

huhh.. there's another one.. 

I_Maverick_I #13 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 17940 battles
  • [_V_]
What?? I thought this game was working as intended. Haven't the problems solved themselves in time?

TonnerreCadien #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 41808 battles
  • [HAHA]

I am not a great player, so I try not to complain about players too much, but this story is mildly amusing. I'm in my Cromwell, bottom tier, map is Winter Malinovka. I try not to call when I'm bottom tier, plus I'm playing on a 2013 device, so I am always the last one awake, sometimes after the clock is rolling (on Mines when I'm in a light tank this is often a death sentence). But I digress.

No one calls; people are going every which way. I ask for a call. Nothing. Some of the other lights and meds start heading down toward the body of water and I hit "Affirmative." Get down to the berm by the boat. Long story short, a VK 28 and I end up lighting up the whole red team. We're doing the best we can peek-a-booming, but we have NO help, as in ZILCH, as in NADA. I don't know where the heavies are, but soon they get killed, and then the VK and I bite the dust. 

I text "Why am I always on the team with the morons?" Dead green Dracula responds "Why does everybody always say that?"

Game stats show he had produced a goose egg. I go check his player stats. He has a few hundred games, and an average damage of ca. 340 hp. Now I know why everybody always says that. Sigh.

So in post-game chat I ask him "What are you doing in that tank? You should not be in tier seven! You are a handicap for every team you're on! It's not fair to your teammates!" Not nice, I know. I am far from perfect.

Of course he cusses me out. He is exactly the kind of player who has ruined the game.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 07 February 2018 - 12:46 AM.

InmuNaw.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

XxxSTAKillaxxX #15 Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6870 battles
  • [TR0LL]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 06 February 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Delete Blitz, wait for Armored Warfare Assault and see how you like getting bent by the guys at My.com :rolleyes:

Anyone who spends real money on a mobile game is a sucker.  

_Panzer_V #16 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:22 AM

Aficionado of Noobery

• Players
  • 23907 battles
  • [PHOBO]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

“If you can’t beat it, HEAT it.” --MarkGFL

More detailed stats>https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Panzer_V

№1 Damage record in LeKpz. M 41 90 (6,078)

Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)  

Player_5773117413 #17 Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postr0cKeT, on 06 February 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

WG knows Blitz is done. 

It has a year tops.

View PostXxxSTAKillaxxX, on 06 February 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

I don't know if WG thinks blitz is done but the amount of new premium tanks being released seems to be slimming down. Most of the recent events or sale simply had rereleases of old premiums that most longtime players already have. It's obvious they won't be pulling much more money off the long term crowd with that kind of trend, so are they just trying to milk whatever they can out of the new coming paying playerbase?

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

hul_steel #18 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26557 battles
  • [419]

Totally agree that this game is becoming ruined. I am semi-retired and make my own work schedule so am able to play at many different times of day. Up till now it was still good to play on weekdays from about 9amish Pacific time until around 3pm on weekdays. Now even during those times there are an increasing number of poor players, wallet warriors, AFK etc. Weekends are a total tragedy for the most part. 

It amazes me that there are those few who claim everything is just fine and they still win as usual and it is our own fault. I have looked at the win rates of a few of those individuals and all have been exceptional players with perhaps 60+ win rates. There are VERY few with a win rate that high and i have had too many of them show total arrogance in their comments. My win rate is a decent 53.58 and my clan deputies are somewhat higher. Therefore allow me to say on behalf of the normal non-noob players that i agree this game is failing its supporters for the most part tho still worth playing FOR NOW. Developers are practicing their new-found freedom to be capitalists in a way that would anger the founders of my country the USA.

ToeTagAndBagEm #19 Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21067 battles
  • [FUSAG]
They should just stop nerfing tanks and un nerf all that have neen nerfed so skill is involved to won against them.
Make it harder for them to play they give up and go back to pokemon

GibbsUSMC #20 Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5099 battles

I have NEVER  Played a game where the opponents just disappear  then show back up after they've shot at you. Where I'm having a good battle with someone and suddenly I am alone and I have 6 tanks in a circle around me  The matchmaking in this game is horrible.  Half the time I'm shooting at a tank I can't penetrate, or my damage is so low even when I do  penetrate. its a joke.  It's all about getting you to pay to win and buy new stuff. I'm not the greatest, but I do use my brain, unlike most I get for teammates who are cowards or clueless.

I've spent way too much and I won't do it anymore, either it gets better or I'm sticking to PUBG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users