hof hall of fame top damage damage records

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

MarBearCat #141 Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:23 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [SDWA]

I'm confused. Is the only way to submit an entry for Hall Of Fame is to use game replays?

No more can we use screen shots?

How on Earth do we send a game replay on phones to Blitz stars for HoF entry?

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

BlitzStats #142 Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostMarBearCat, on 28 June 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

I'm confused. Is the only way to submit an entry for Hall Of Fame is to use game replays?

Will depend on the phone/OS but should be possible as plenty of people do manage.

That said, for now you can still upload screenshots (though it is discouraged) by clicking the little 'picture/photo' icon on the top right side of the upload form.

BlitzStars.com - World of Tanks: Blitz player stats, forum signature

BlitzStars.com / (Blitz) Tank Compare

Player and Tank Statistics for WoT: Blitz

TonnerreCadien #143 Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 47324 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMarBearCat, on 28 June 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Don't feel bad, Cat; I can't do it either. I think I need a program that captures what's on the screen when I watch it.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

BlitzStats #144 Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 23 June 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Very nice work, things seem to be going pretty smoothly (from your perspective that may not hold true :))

2 Questions:

-If a player changes clans do the points transfer to the new clan? For example say I have a record for 1000 points which was achieved when I was with COD, did those points go to VB with me?

-Could you add the cumulative Masteries somewhere? Preferably in the main screen so I can sort by how many masteries, but in the tank profile would be great too.

And to balance it out, a couple suggestions:

-In the list of personal listings simply add a column that shows what ranking the listing still holds. I find it slightly tedious to click through the tiers and tank types to try and find if my listings are still clinging to the top 10.

-Add more BlitzStars awards. I enjoy these, they are humorous but accurate and give another overview of your play. You could add Sniper (for tds only or all tanks for a more negative connotation), Killstealer/The Finisher, Can't Survive Alone/Wolfpack (toon %), and Wallet Warrior (% of recent battles in prems).

I do like what you have done with tying things together, ie armor inspector and hall of fame in tank profile. Also the addition of the WR calculator is excellent.

Your work is greatly appreciated, good luck dealing with WGs shenanigans. 

-tankeatingtiger

re Questions:

1. HoF records are attached to a player's account ID not name or clan, and will 'follow' to new clan/name/whatever accordingly (though might take 24 hours or so to do so).
  2. It does look like this has been added to the API so it may be possible. Can't promise when...

re Suggestions:

1. Hmm this is a good/interesting suggestion. It's a little complicated as the individual records don't hold any information about where they are positioned, but I'm sure a little magic could be done...
  2. Thanks, and this has come up before. In a way it's actually a lot harder than it seems to come up with them. There are two main issues - a)have to persuade the missus to do some more 'icons/artwork' b)more significantly, with the limited raw data we have from WG, it is kinda hard to come up with more interesting ways to interpret data and give it some kind of 'label'. I am always open to suggestions on this though (ie. not just a name, but the formula to back it up based on the data available from WG). Generally the awards should be for more than a 'single statistic' that is already displayed elsewhere (imo - though I guess this isn't fixed). I do like the idea of some kind of 'Master of Bling' (as you suggest, % battles in prems). Maybe a tank with a big gold chain around its 'neck'.....

tankeatingtiger #145 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:30 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 25638 battles
  • [DETH]

View PostBlitzStats, on 29 June 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Thanks, and this has come up before. In a way it's actually a lot harder than it seems to come up with them. There are two main issues - a)have to persuade the missus to do some more 'icons/artwork' b)more significantly, with the limited raw data we have from WG, it is kinda hard to come up with more interesting ways to interpret data and give it some kind of 'label'. I am always open to suggestions on this though (ie. not just a name, but the formula to back it up based on the data available from WG). Generally the awards should be for more than a 'single statistic' that is already displayed elsewhere (imo - though I guess this isn't fixed). I do like the idea of some kind of 'Master of Bling' (as you suggest, % battles in prems). Maybe a tank with a big gold chain around its 'neck'.....

-Ah so you are not the person responsible for that hilarious artwork, you're just taking credit? :)

(Also good on you for having a wife that puts up with you having a site tracking pixel tank data. Sounds like quite a woman.)

-Understandable. Don't have any other ideas, but I'll let you know if I think of anything. If you get any ideas I will be happy to provide some feedback however.

Edit: might be hard to do, but how about one that recognizes success in the lowest WR tanks? Would have to be fairly recent data only, but you could use the stats you already have and give this award to people that have 3000+ wn8 in it or something. (Or does wn8 already balance for other players' success?)

No idea what the name would be, spent all my brain cells figuring out if this would work or not.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 30 June 2019 - 04:34 AM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

minitel_NA #146 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Oh yeah I have been asking for more BlitzStats awards.

i love the wallet warrior, could be on number of battles in premium tanks (I will be 1st) or the number of new premium tanks added to the garage / month (in number of tanks or even including pricing in $$/month ) and there I would not qualify or maybe bronze.

how about someone who plays very UP tanks or very OP tanks (based on the average winrate of those tanks).

that might need some server work to maintain the average winrate of every tank, but maybe that is already done to calculate WN8 anyways ? People playing mostly weak tanks would get underdog award. People who play only the op tanks... I don’t know what to call them in a humorous way. 

Originally i wanted an award for playing underplayed tanks, but it looks like this is hard to calculate.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

VOLTUSCINCO365 #147 Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

Private

• Players
  • 42034 battles
  • [N1TRO]
where i can see the wotblitz inspector replay link???? anyone can help me

Ronin_23 #148 Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 23904 battles

View PostVOLTUSCINCO365, on 04 November 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

where i can see the wotblitz inspector replay link???? anyone can help me

https://replays.wotinspector.com/en/

tiger_strike_23 #149 Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14864 battles
  • [-RVG-]
I have a #9 spot game in the 50 120, but I screen recorded it and it isn’t in my past 100 games. Am I Sol?

originalmadkilla #150 Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [OMK]

View Posttiger_strike_23, on 19 February 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

I have a #9 spot game in the 50 120, but I screen recorded it and it isn’t in my past 100 games. Am I Sol?

Probably. If the replay doesn't exist anymore, then there is no proof.:playing:

Next time you should probably save a replay of any good game that you have. You can send it to yourself as an email from the game, and then even if it's erased or gone from the game, you would still have it.:justwait:

tiger_strike_23 #151 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14864 battles
  • [-RVG-]

View Postoriginalmadkilla, on 19 February 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Probably. If the replay doesn't exist anymore, then there is no proof.:playing:

Next time you should probably save a replay of any good game that you have. You can send it to yourself as an email from the game, and then even if it's erased or gone from the game, you would still have it.:justwait:

how is there no proof if I screen recorded everything?

originalmadkilla #152 Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16338 battles
  • [OMK]

View Posttiger_strike_23, on 19 February 2020 - 03:15 PM, said:

how is there no proof if I screen recorded everything?

I'm not sure if blitzstars accepts videos.:playing:

If they do, then you are in luck I suppose.

I do know that they stopped accepting screenshots when they made the switch to replays.:justwait:

GentleNova #153 Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29069 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostBlitzStats, on 11 February 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Really everyone should be submitting replays at this stage. I'm still allowing images though as apparently some people get performance issues when replay saving is enabled =/

I'm late to the party here. What about screenshots of old games from 2016, when there were no replays. Are those still acceptable for the Hall of Fame? I've been keeping notable game results for years in a Google Photos account but never thought to check or submit them for the HoF (or even knew there was a HoF back then).

BlitzStats #154 Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

Only replays are allowed these days. Thanks to wotinspector.com it means that the reading of damage / tank / account(player) / other stuff can all be automated and verified.

There was a red banner at the top of every page on the site for a few months warning that this change was coming. And on the HoF itself screenshots have been deprecated for even longer than that.

I appreciate it's frustrating if you don't have a replay for a particular battle, but overall it's for the best - both as far as the integrity of the HoF is concerned going forward, allowing other things easily like 'seasons', and potentially other stuff going forwards (not to mention it frees me up from an admin perspective).

GentleNova #155 Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29069 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostBlitzStats, on 20 February 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

Only replays are allowed these days. Thanks to wotinspector.com it means that the reading of damage / tank / account(player) / other stuff can all be automated and verified.

There was a red banner at the top of every page on the site for a few months warning that this change was coming. And on the HoF itself screenshots have been deprecated for even longer than that.

I appreciate it's frustrating if you don't have a replay for a particular battle, but overall it's for the best - both as far as the integrity of the HoF is concerned going forward, allowing other things easily like 'seasons', and potentially other stuff going forwards (not to mention it frees me up from an admin perspective).

I knew it was a long shot, so no worries. Replays do make everything a heck of a lot easier now, so completely understand that you can only accept new submissions with them. Thanks for the reply!

BlitzStats #156 Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5 battles

Hall of Fame update 26th June 2020

There are now some new requirements for the Hall of Fame, I've updated the op and will copy here:

Replay / HoF requirements and rules:

• Player must have over 5,500 battles (no 'newbie' MM)
  • Replay must be from a battle that took place in the last 2 weeks (time of submission)
  • Only standard game modes
  • No 'rigging' - be good teammates! (rigging or otherwise cheating = perma ban from HoF + a 'shame' banner on player's clan page)

The 5,500 battle requirement applies 'going forward', however if you notice a current record that doesn't meet it please let me know and I'll remove it.

TL;DR FAQ:

Why 5,500 battles? That's not fair!
- Most of the people submitting to the HoF with under 5,500 battles are re-rolls facing teams made up of newbies. This goes against the spirit of the Hall of Fame.

_Crusader6_ #157 Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:58 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 67057 battles
  • [DEF]
Please refrain from personal attacks. 
/mod hat off. 

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC