Thank you to clans like Triarii, SPUD, and others who build up community.

Community respect anti-douchery

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Absolute_Sniper #81 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37344 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Wow get home from work and see yet another flame war. Shocking!

I vote all future flame wars are settled in a training room in a 7v7  death match!
Of course someone would need to record it and post it on here. Now that would actually be entertaining. This just seems petty.

To the OP, the tops clans are comprised of the best players. Period. Social graces have zero to do with it. Look at pro sports. There are full on criminals playing and getting paid millions. Why? Because they’re good at said sport. If someone rages in random encounter games, so what. You knew what you were doing by posting this thread. It wasn’t meant to praise clans that are helpful. That’s just what you added to make it seem like something else. If you were just praising the aforementioned clans, you wouldn’t have ended with telling people to throw salt. The hypocrisy runs strong here.

Lastly I have been in games with people from all of these clans and have honestly never had anyone rage on me. Seriously. Not once. Maybe it’s because I don’t provoke others in game. Maybe I’m just lucky. If you catch heat from people consistently, it might be something “you” are doing.

My 2 cents
o7

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Ericmopar #82 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles

Just when I was thinking of finally accepting one of the clan invitations I get, this pops up and reminds me of why I haven't joined one yet.

To all clan leads...

Since when is dumping someone for expressing an opinion in a non flaming, non antagonistic way a good thing???

What about our country and free speech?

I see... It's free speech as long as it's your opinion too?

That's not very American or in the spirit of our constitution, or Canada's I'm guessing, or even Mexico's...

That's one of the great things about our countries, we are entitled to whine peaceably as much as we want.

:angry:

Edited by Ericmopar, 08 February 2018 - 06:29 AM.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

mike82198 #83 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39276 battles
  • [CRATE]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 08 February 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

Mike, please put Space Ape back in his clan.  He's a good fella and you merely misinterpreted him. 

He presented himself as he chose to. He upvoted a thread that was very well analyzed here:

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 08 February 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

I vote all future flame wars are settled in a training room in a 7v7 death match!
Of course someone would need to record it and post it on here. Now that would actually be entertaining. This just seems petty.

To the OP, the tops clans are comprised of the best players. Period. Social graces have zero to do with it. Look at pro sports. There are full on criminals playing and getting paid millions. Why? Because they’re good at said sport. If someone rages in random encounter games, so what. You knew what you were doing by posting this thread. It wasn’t meant to praise clans that are helpful. That’s just what you added to make it seem like something else. If you were just praising the aforementioned clans, you wouldn’t have ended with telling people to throw salt. The hypocrisy runs strong here.

Lastly I have been in games with people from all of these clans and have honestly never had anyone rage on me. Seriously. Not once. Maybe it’s because I don’t provoke others in game. Maybe I’m just lucky. If you catch heat from people consistently, it might be something “you” are doing.

My 2 cents
o7

The OP is not even a thinly veiled flame: do a word count and see what % of the content is dedicated to token lip service to the forum’s most active clans and how much is dedicated to unhinged PRAMO bashing (Reddit? We are on Reddit?). This is a tanks game, but reading comprehension is still seen as a valuable asset by me. To actually think that this is anything but a PRAMO flame...

View PostSpace_Ape_Marksman, on 08 February 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

Can I at least keep my FLOOP signature? It looks cool.

Of course you can. I can’t stop any random from having any signature of any clan even if they’re not a member:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/91837-worlds-best-wr-repost/

His_Royal_Roundness #84 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14066 battles
  • [RAIDR]

View PostEricmopar, on 08 February 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Just when I was thinking of finally accepting one of the clan invitations I get, this pops up and reminds me of why I haven't joined one yet.

Don't do it! Don't fall for their tricks and join a clan "."

reluctanttheist #85 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25626 battles
  • [III-H]

Well, Mike, if you finally ever make one mistake in life I hope someone doesn't shoot you after that first error.  

Dude, where's the grace?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

rosgrim #86 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76368 battles
  • [COD]

View PostDrasLeona247, on 08 February 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

That's actually really funny though^^ :teethhappy:

Next time when I'm on Middleburg with a team with 5 meds and they all go town, I will say "I will try to team work with you plebeians" 

LOL i admit.....as joke it is fun ! but that guy was serious and he had not reason to say that. Just in his mind a kind of divine superiority. But I wanna also add that the point is not about a clan is about as holes: in any group you can find some. But we can not say it is not true severals are from those clans. Funny thing: the strongest should be the humblest and give example.....

rosgrim #87 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 76368 battles
  • [COD]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 08 February 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

I vote all future flame wars are settled in a training room in a 7v7 death match!

To the OP, the tops clans are comprised of the best players. Period. Social graces have zero to do with it. Look at pro sports. There are full on criminals playing and getting paid millions. Why? Because they’re good at said sport. If someone rages in random encounter games, so what. You knew what you were doing by posting this thread. It wasn’t meant to praise clans that are helpful. That’s just what you added to make it seem like something else. If you were just praising the aforementioned clans, you wouldn’t have ended with telling people to throw salt. The hypocrisy runs strong here.

My 2 cents
o7

I can agree about almost all but man when you state " Look at pro sports. There are full on criminals playing and getting paid millions. Why? Because they’re good at said sport." well you don't have clue about the real meaning of sport. Neither about the difference between a very good player vs a very good sportive player. Believe me. May be your idea is about what you see on TV and that is more show business than real sport. 

Edited by rosgrim, 08 February 2018 - 07:18 AM.

mike82198 #88 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39276 battles
  • [CRATE]

View Postwoodland_stars, on 08 February 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Haha.  Exactly my point.   Zero class.  And you have to resort to stats because you have nothing else to stand on.  How is not playing the game equate to having integrity?   You’re  reaching for something that’s not there.  I play on console now and still follow the forums.   Besides, when I used to play blitz you and your clan were arrogant and demeaning then.  Not much has changed apparently.  If you spent as much time training as you do being a tool.  Maybe you’d win a trusted cup

No one referred to your stats. I posted that link as proof that you don't play the game - on the account you're posting from that is - while commenting on what you claim to see in it "time and time again". 

View Postreluctanttheist, on 08 February 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

Well, Mike, if you finally ever make one mistake in life I hope someone doesn't shoot you after that first error.  

Dude, where's the grace?

How do you know that this is his only transgression? What do you know about his training attendance/dedication, tournament participation/performance or any other aspect of his clan membership? 

I find grace in withholding judgment on matters that I'm not informed enough to discuss. Shoot me on the day I start telling other clans on the forums how to conduct their business. 

Edited by mike82198, 08 February 2018 - 07:29 AM.

MRobertsRCS #89 Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 30130 battles
  • [501DV]

There are many clans I respect, and probably just as many others I don’t care for.  But I don’t gauge that based on interaction with individual members.  Clan rosters change often.  But clan structures and leadership structure remains.  

I often need to interact with other clan leaders, typically settling disputes between members or clearing up some rumors.  You call tell rather quickly which clans are well managed and deserve respect over others.  The longevity of a clan (or clan family) depends on the leadership. 

I’ve had many interactions with Pramo leaders and senior members over the years.  I’ve always found them approachable and respectful, even when very little is shown to them.  They have a strong structure, have lead the top players, and assisted other clans in the community.  It would be tough for other clans to make the same claim.  Yet, I still see a ‘I hate Pramo’ nearly every time I visit the forums. 

They have my respect.  And they deserve it. 

My E4 has a cup holder            

Absolute_Sniper #90 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37344 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postrosgrim, on 08 February 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

I can agree about almost all but man when you state " Look at pro sports. There are full on criminals playing and getting paid millions. Why? Because they’re good at said sport." well you don't have clue about the real meaning of sport. Neither about the difference between a very good player vs a very good sportive player. Believe me. May be your idea is about what you see on TV and that is more show business than real sport. 

As far as pro sports I could give any number of examples to prove my point. Just google criminal records in the nfl. 

As for the other comments concerning me not understanding the meaning of true sport. I would say don’t confuse my ability to observe the world around me with my personal values and morals. I fully understand the meaning of sport and sportsmanship. I also understand that not all athletes are supportive or “good sports.” A great many are. To think differently is naive. Don’t assume mate.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

VikkoTheTusken #91 Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19235 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostRoadKutter, on 07 February 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

Where is the party at? :bajan::popcorn::girl:

On Discord, apparently.

This thread needs to be closed before more shots are fired.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

___ez_e___ #92 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62925 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postmike82198, on 08 February 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

No one referred to your stats. I posted that link as proof that you don't play the game - on the account you're posting from that is - while commenting on what you claim to see in it "time and time again". 

How do you know that this is his only transgression? What do you know about his training attendance/dedication, tournament participation/performance or any other aspect of his clan membership? 

I find grace in withholding judgment on matters that I'm not informed enough to discuss. Shoot me on the day I start telling other clans on the forums how to conduct their business. 

Mike I don’t know how old you are and I don’t really care, but have you ever thought that perhaps you are taking criticism of PRAMO personally since you are the leader.  

Are you not open to criticism?   Seems to me that you are not. 

As the leader of PRAMO you should take responsibility for the good and bad of your clan.   You seem to only want to accept the good.   With that said you have to accept the bad things that have happened that everyone knows about.  

PRAMO’s reputation has been justly tarnished by your own actions.   

That’s the bottom line, so expect to get criticism whether you like it or not.   PRAMO own actions is what opened the door to criticism. 

Is PRAMO a great clan?  Dame sure is, but it has its faults too. 

Space_Ape is a skilled player with good character.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 08 February 2018 - 12:43 PM.

DrasLeona247 #93 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Admiral of the Fleet

• Players
  • 19894 battles
  • [UTC]

On a side note, is joining a top clan really that important?

It seems to me the only thing you get by joining them is:

1. Tied to a schedule of training room battles, which may or may not improve your skills

2. Must participate in tournaments which, if it is a good clan, you will win (but, as I'm aware, won't give many rewards)

3. Embroiled in a never-ending series of futile politics that end up wasting your time and effort (of course it doesn't apply to every top clan, but it seems that most have their variations)

The question I have is, why should an ordinary player aspire to be in a top clan? Is it just for the little tag next to their username that people may or may not see? If it's for the friends, then why not just be friends outside of the clan? If it's for the tournaments, is all that effort really worth just the credits?

This isn't a passive-aggressive post (maybe slightly)--I am genuinely curious as to why people put up with all these politics and other stuff

Edited by DrasLeona247, 08 February 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Some people say the Type 62 is overpowered. Having >500 battles and a 67% winrate, I may agree. However, none of y'all realize just how uncomfortable it is to sit down on these flimsy plastic seats with "Made in China" emblazoned on them. I mean, my cupholder just broke in half. How the f#%$ am I supposed to fire 250mm pen HEAT shells at the fronts of Tier 8 heavies if I have to be holding my Red Bull in one hand at the same time? It's ridiculous.

___ez_e___ #94 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62925 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postmike82198, on 08 February 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

Of course you can. I can’t stop any random from having any signature of any clan even if they’re not a member:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/91837-worlds-best-wr-repost/

Why would you say something like this or in this manner?   Is that how you talk about all your former clan group members  

u mad bro

Space Ape is not some random.   

He’s a great contributor to the forum?   

Or do you not know that?  Or how do you not know that?

Edited by ___ez_e___, 08 February 2018 - 12:49 PM.

DrasLeona247 #95 Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Admiral of the Fleet

• Players
  • 19894 battles
  • [UTC]

View Post___ez_e___, on 08 February 2018 - 06:48 AM, said:

Is that how you talk about all your former clan group members  

Only the ones that mess with his precious ego

Even though it was pretty clear that Space didn't mean to upvote the pramo-criticism, only the praise for the other clans.

Mr. Mike should revise the reading comprehension he touts

Some people say the Type 62 is overpowered. Having >500 battles and a 67% winrate, I may agree. However, none of y'all realize just how uncomfortable it is to sit down on these flimsy plastic seats with "Made in China" emblazoned on them. I mean, my cupholder just broke in half. How the f#%$ am I supposed to fire 250mm pen HEAT shells at the fronts of Tier 8 heavies if I have to be holding my Red Bull in one hand at the same time? It's ridiculous.

tcamp48 #96 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 63487 battles
  • [III-S]

+1 my friend.

I have to say, I've never seen any member of PRAMO, PURPL, COD, KRONO, SPUD etc... troll anyone at all... Nothing but fair play and tactics. Sure, everyone gets ruffled feathers from time to time, but the really nasty comments are always from clans I've never even heard of bashing my clan or other major clans just for being on the field of play. I just shake my head and click the down vote.

Thanks again... o7

iRaikkonen #97 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostMRobertsRCS, on 08 February 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

There are many clans I respect, and probably just as many others I don’t care for.  But I don’t gauge that based on interaction with individual members.  Clan rosters change often.  But clan structures and leadership structure remains.  

I often need to interact with other clan leaders, typically settling disputes between members or clearing up some rumors.  You call tell rather quickly which clans are well managed and deserve respect over others.  The longevity of a clan (or clan family) depends on the leadership. 

I’ve had many interactions with Pramo leaders and senior members over the years.  I’ve always found them approachable and respectful, even when very little is shown to them.  They have a strong structure, have lead the top players, and assisted other clans in the community.  It would be tough for other clans to make the same claim.  Yet, I still see a ‘I hate Pramo’ nearly every time I visit the forums. 

They have my respect.  And they deserve it. 

And you have ours. You’ve run 501st with class and integrity since the day I met you. It’s one of the few og clans that is still active. 

__The_Dude_30__ #98 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21507 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postmike82198, on 08 February 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

How would you know? Your last battle was one year and 133 days ago. Like all other flaming trolls here: zero integrity. 

You’re confusing and conflating support for an organization’s goal, membership in said organization and employment by the organization. Space Ape’s status was the latter and the responsibilities and commitment required are higher. PRAMO members with FLOOP tags have spent countless hours helping him and others in the community (without any pompous self congratulating forum threads) and when seeing this flaming thread his instincts are to upvote and post a joke. Biting the hand that feeds isn’t appreciated when it comes to COD and is appreciated even less in his case. Integrity and loyalty are job requirements. 

Alright, so I got that part wrong. I feel like you are taking it a little personal because you are the head of these clans. There is nothing wrong with that, but it may not be quite as helpful in the long run. I think you have successfully put down my first claim, but I still haven't really gotten an answer for the second. Space Ape's reason for upvoting this thread was not to bash your clan, as he has stated multiple times. And I realize there is virtually no proof that that was the case, but there is also virtually no proof that Space Ape was bashing your clan either. And it seems you are telling me that what Space Ape did was more extreme than the leader of COD? I am not familiar with your rules and standards, but surely what COD did is worse than Space Ape. The leader of COD posted a thread that somewhat bashed you guys after you helped them greatly with CW. But Space Ape apparently, maybe bashed you guys, which we don't even have real proof of. And through all this I mean no disrespect to the PRAMO family, I am just trying to sort things out.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

iRaikkonen #99 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Post___ez_e___, on 08 February 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Mike I don’t know how old you are and I don’t really care, but have you ever thought that perhaps you are taking criticism of PRAMO personally since you are the leader.  

Are you not open to criticism?   Seems to me that you are not. 

As the leader of PRAMO you should take responsibility for the good and bad of your clan.   You seem to only want to accept the good.   With that said you have to accept the bad things that have happened that everyone knows about.  

PRAMO’s reputation has been justly tarnished by your own actions.   

That’s the bottom line, so expect to get criticism whether you like it or not.   PRAMO own actions is what opened the door to criticism. 

Is PRAMO a great clan?  Dame sure is, but it has its faults too. 

Space_Ape is a skilled player with good character.  

Are we open to criticism? You make it sound like we have a choice. Pramo gets criticised for every single thing we do. Go to both twister cups. Should have done better. Grim should have gone. Why can’t someone else go? That is the community’s criticism of us. Everything our clan does is under a microscope and we get trashed on the forums as if any clan could do better. We got trashed hours after twister cup 2 for coming in third after a member missed his flight and making roster changes with one hour of training. That is your forum community. That is what our criticism is. 

The next interesting bit is that pramos actions opened the door to criticism. This is a good one. What exactly have we done? Not a single person in our clan uses any modifications or cheats whether you believe that or not. The people that did are no longer in the clan. Nor are half of the toxic people like kalash and denzol. We get judged off of our past. Not the present form of us. As MCRoberts said, there are a lot of roster changes in blitz. Maybe if you kept up with them you’d see how we are changing. Instead, we do absolutely nothing to provoke COD from posting this thread which again is ironic considering how much we helped them in clan wars. Seems to me like we got the bad end of the stick here. 

You dont have to like us. I’m sure there are plenty of people in NA that don’t. I would ask that you have a legitimate reason for this but everyday I get dm’s in game reminding me other wise. 

boris55555 #100 Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 24833 battles
  • [MINC]
Free the space ape one!!!! Oh wait...they did that....seems a shame 
Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users