Credit penalties for AFK

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

hul_steel #1 Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26101 battles
  • [419]
I despise AFK. A simple solution may be to have a fairly hefty credit penalty for being AFK. It needs to show up on game results as a red highlighted negative credit. Too many guys who i have chatted afterwards to ask why admitted they were on the phone. I also have only a little mercy for those with connection problems causing AFK. This is a TEAM game and either you have a good enough setup to play it or else you go play a different game against a computer. The game is rife with players battling with tanks WAY beyond their experience levels and other problems but this is a concrete answer to a real problem.  

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21087 battles
  • [MOMS]

Just give them a set 0 credits and 0 experience if they don't move. Problem solved.

As for people playing tanks above their skill level, I'd highly caution you that the forums don't take kindly to hypocrites.

tankeatingtiger #3 Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14044 battles
  • [COD]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 10 February 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

Just give them a set 0 credits and 0 experience if they don't move. Problem solved.

As for people playing tanks above their skill level, I'd highly caution you that the forums don't take kindly to hypocrites.

oof

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Ferranzo_JesusLovesYou #4 Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8371 battles
Giving people 0 exp and credits, is not a penalty, and would solve nothing. People will not really care if the consequence is they get nothing. Nothing lost nothing gained. I do agree, their should be a negative impact on people who are afk. What can be done as far as what WG is willing to do, who knows. An easier question is are they willing to do something about it

He who walks blamelessly and does what is right
    and speaks truth in his heart;
 who does not slander with his tongue
    and does no evil to his neighbor,
    nor takes up a reproach against his friend;

in whose eyes a vile person is despised,
    but who honors those who fear the Lord;
who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
 who does not put out his money at interest
    and does not take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.

Dan_Deerso #5 Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21087 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostFerranzo_JesusLovesYou, on 10 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Giving people 0 exp and credits, is not a penalty, and would solve nothing. People will not really care if the consequence is they get nothing. Nothing lost nothing gained. I do agree, their should be a negative impact on people who are afk. What can be done as far as what WG is willing to do, who knows. An easier question is are they willing to do something about it

If they earn 0 credits and die, they still get stuck with the repair bill that scales with tier. So there is a penalty built in.

Heed_warrior #6 Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21308 battles
  • [CKZ]
Just because someone only fires 1 shot and does 0 damage does not mean they are afk.  Everyone gets a bad game once in a while.  I agree that something must be done for someone truly afk, but not every 0 damage game means an afk.

Andrew4U #7 Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [ID3]

A simple solution does exist if Wargaming will use it.  I do not just hold the battlefield down or fire a shot.  Imagine I put KV-1 i into battle for the free experience and leave it.  Some people learned that shooting train cars works as a way to hit.  If they use AP rounds, they go right through.  I frown on that.

A means does exist to report through Military Honor System.  I exhaust my ability before it is reset.  I suggest that any earned experience and free experience from seeing an enemy vehicle first be voided.  Here is where it becomes interesting.  Instead of Wargaming giving experience for a win or loss, it should be that person that loses that much experience.  The credits should come from that player too.  If more than one person did nothing, the same should apply.  A warning is okey for a first time offense.  After that, a permanent ban should come sooner.  The word Blitz is in the name of the game.  That does not imply inaction.

snoozyalooz #8 Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 46401 battles
  • [YOTA]
An "afk" is the worst enemy on the battle field.  Therefore, a penalty should be applied of some sort instead of just penalizing an entire team due to their inactivity.  Do we all get zero penetration game now and then?  Sure.  Penalize me then too if I do.  Nobody is perfect after all.  But, some players generate more afk down votes than others and that is the sort that needs to either play when they can pay attention, keep their platform plugged in or charged up, or quit if they have a terrible connection.  WOT will not kick them as they are paying customers too, but a penalty of some amount of credits would send a message more than down votes do in my opinion.

_Wabbitgeddon123 #9 Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11520 battles
  • [CRUEL]
If you lose with an afk on your team you have an excuse. If you win with an afk on your team, it means you carried and the enemy sucks.

toUgrug.png

"Eh what's up doc?" -Bugs Bunny

"Stupid people aren't annoying, they're free entertainment." -Also Bugs Bunny

"With the way I run this thing, you'd think I'd know something about it." -Again Bugs Bunny

https://www.blitzsta...RabbitsRule123 

Andromeda_74 #10 Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10141 battles
  • [SEA-B]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 10 February 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

If they earn 0 credits and die, they still get stuck with the repair bill that scales with tier. So there is a penalty built in.

Exactly. I’ve had games where I’m been taken out early in the battle. I fired maybe 2-3 rounds and did zero damage. I’ve had upwards of -20k credits after the battle. Your still charged for camo, rounds and consumables. And not to mention the negative down vote for the zero damage. I’ve even gotten the team points in supremacy and still got zero damage and a down vote. The system is broke, but to penalize true AFK’ers you have to penalize the ones who really aren’t. 

Tyslong #11 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25818 battles
  • [750H]

I agree about AFK players and the need for penaltys , but I  think if a penalty is imposed the developer needs to go one step further and check damage report.   I received a complaint for inactivity today while having third highest damage in the battle.  I was on a ridge covering my whole team from above with my SU100Y.    Sad that some new player can press a button to penalize me just because I wasnt yolo like the rest.  AFK players hurt from the start , just make sure they're really AFK.

Tyslong #12 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25818 battles
  • [750H]

I agree about AFK players and the need for penaltys , but I  think if a penalty is imposed the developer needs to go one step further and check damage report.   I received a complaint for inactivity today while having third highest damage in the battle.  I was on a ridge covering my whole team from above with my SU100Y.    Sad that some new player can press a button to penalize me just because I wasnt yolo like the rest.  AFK players hurt from the start , just make sure they're really AFK.

Nakedsnake14 #13 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6685 battles
  • [SKARZ]

View PostAndrew4U, on 18 February 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

A simple solution does exist if Wargaming will use it.  I do not just hold the battlefield down or fire a shot.  Imagine I put KV-1 i into battle for the free experience and leave it.  Some people learned that shooting train cars works as a way to hit.  If they use AP rounds, they go right through.  I frown on that.

A means does exist to report through Military Honor System.  I exhaust my ability before it is reset.  I suggest that any earned experience and free experience from seeing an enemy vehicle first be voided.  Here is where it becomes interesting.  Instead of Wargaming giving experience for a win or loss, it should be that person that loses that much experience.  The credits should come from that player too.  If more than one person did nothing, the same should apply.  A warning is okey for a first time offense.  After that, a permanent ban should come sooner.  The word Blitz is in the name of the game.  That does not imply inaction.

You are nothing but a simpleton a buffoon talking about game mechanics that make no sense banned for being  AFK  some people have more important things to do  then to stick around for the whole game not to mention those with bad connections 

ToeTagAndBagEm #14 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20733 battles
  • [FUSAG]
For using a TD or kv2 ive been thumbed down for inactivity in battle EVEN THO i got damage AND or kills.(clearly not afk)

For 1 shotting people ive gotten unspporting conduct EVEN THO i did more damage then most on team (salty reds)

And even for saying (GG all) i get PROVOCATIVE COMMUNICATION even tho its just saying good game all (salty reds)
or those teams that at start are shooting dirt or planes and they die in the first minute saying (wow) (salty greens)

Every time i use a TD or kv2 i get them i know its a majority of the one shot victims
And the rest are the team mates that got low damage and got killed fast or if i got hit and died but thats not a reason to put inactive or whatever when clarly i was not.

Idk its all a mess really

Maybe they should put in a distance and shot counter per team mate if those are 0s then yeah afk could be given

But if they are in battle and go afk
That seems to be a signal drop or something they cant control but that happens some times and rarely do they get back on in time.

Its just one on those things if your gonna be afk why hit join battle but banning for afk nah just gotta fight a little smarter and try you best

WizoGT379 #15 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6952 battles

View PostFerranzo_JesusLovesYou, on 10 February 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

there would be no bots because hardly moving would get no xp or cred

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

hul_steel #16 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26101 battles
  • [419]

I agree that u want to penalize genuine AFK behavior. Military Honor is a joke other than the portion that gives compliments.  I simply take screenshots and send batches into support at end of the day when i feel the need. It shows 0 shots fired which pretty well differentiates between an unlucky game and a real AFK. Heres where I was coming from when I brought this up - If you consistently can't get good connection etc you unfortunately should not play any team game period. Im sick to death of the self-centered attitudes today and we should all exercise enough decency to not mess up everyone elses game. I have found a fair # of players actually were on the phone after they hit the Battle button too.

They acted like - in our chat - that their conversation was more important than 13 other peoples activity in that battle.  I am an electrician who schedules himself via phone but I do not play if I know a crucial call will be coming in etc. In other words imperfect as i am i try to consider others before myself. Hmmmm, that has a familiar ring to it tho not quite in those words.

I really would like to see a way of instant substitution for a missing player as well as useful penalties, but that seems pretty unlikely and hard to accomplish. 

someguyfromPitt #17 Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:49 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 43798 battles
  • [III-C]

Serial AFK players need a punishment such as using kilometer measurement for repeat games. Not moving 0.1 km is a simple measurement for several games (2) in a row. 

Bots are another story that need addressed. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

Andrew4U #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [ID3]

Yes, giving a person no unearned credits or free experience is barely a penalty.  I thought more about what could be done.  Other ideas came to me.  I messaged Wargaming about increased penalties.  That was a no.  The following two part idea is my idea.

Imagine that many players have tier X tanks.  What would happen if Wargaming raised the highest tier tanks to tier XV (15)?  I only seem to go off topic.  What if one condition was added to use any tank higher than tier X?  If you did not have 4 or 5 stars, you could not purchase or use those tanks.  Think of it as a privilege for the better behaved in battle.

That other is a bit different.  Each player has 0 to 5 stars in the Military Honor System.  When possible, the game attempts to make teams as before with one exception.  When enough want to play, it puts tier 0 &1, & II, II & III, III & IV, or IV & V tanks in the battle.  The more Military Honor that you have, the more likely you will see a 7 v 7 battle each time.  Report those people that do not play.  Some people will gain Military Honor.  Others will lose some.

My idea is not perfect.  However, putting both portions into action encourage  players to battle so that they can use the higher tier tanks.  Who wants to fight with players with 0 or 1 star of Military Honor?

First_War_Lord #19 Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13410 battles
  • [XREGS]
People have a life outside of Blitz. Some person you down voted for being afk, their father/mother may have had a heart attack in the couch across from them and that is why they are afk. 
"The problem is not the problem the problem is your attitude about the problem! Do you understand?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

NoobieDude #20 Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3014 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostFirst_War_Lord, on 03 March 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

People have a life outside of Blitz. Some person you down voted for being afk, their father/mother may have had a heart attack in the couch across from them and that is why they are afk. 

justify....justify...sigh... serial AFKers would be the only ones getting penalized. i see them all the time. There are exceptions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users