• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dan_Deerso #21 Posted 04 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21593 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostFirst_War_Lord, on 04 March 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

People have a life outside of Blitz. Some person you down voted for being afk, their father/mother may have had a heart attack in the couch across from them and that is why they are afk. 

Yeah, think of the players who have to do that exact situation 90 times a night!

EDIT: I should clarify that it takes more than one or two (or fifteen hundred) AFK games to get a penalty as it is, and the problem is that people who are "serial AFKers" are people who join battle simply to get the 30-60 experience that simply existing grants them. They do this to skip grinds, and could be a bot, which moves and fires randomly, or could simply just sit at spawn.

Edited by Dan_Deerso, 04 March 2018 - 06:45 PM.

Dado_1968 #22 Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27065 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostFirst_War_Lord, on 04 March 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

People have a life outside of Blitz. Some person you down voted for being afk, their father/mother may have had a heart attack in the couch across from them and that is why they are afk. 

They can call 911 and still play cartoon tanks at the same time.  Besides, it’s hard to give CPR when your mouth is covered in Cheeto dust and your fingers are covered in fennel seed powder.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Judgementbringer #23 Posted 01 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34596 battles
  • [_PNW_]

How I determine AFK, or inactivity:  during the battle I watch who moves and who does’nt.  Especially non-TDs, or TDs that who are out of position to engage enemy.  Engaging enemy early is imperative to successful victory.  I also watch the battle after I am eliminated, if that should occur, to determine who is helping and who is trying to save their own butts.  I ask “What is the last tank doing to win the battle?”  If the last tank is working for a draw, that to me is unacceptable, draws are as bad as losses, I’d rather see an attempt at a win and end up losing outright than a draw.

After the battle I check stats.  Did the TD that was camped at his sniping spot and never moved help out in anyway?  I don’t mean spotting enemy, even an AFK can spot the enemy.  I mean did he help damage or eliminate an enemy vehicle?  What about the tank that just drove around all battle long?  How many times did he fire?  Was he one of the newbs that started firing and wasting his ammo at the start of the battle and then did nothing when the enemy was encountered and ran away to let his team mates get blown away?  If I look at stats a see zeroes all acroos the board then they get the appropriate in-activity rating.

As to how they should penalized?  I have suggested to the powers that be that for each inactivity rate, not for each negative rating 10 positive ratings should be deducted from their honor rating,  this would facilitate swifter penalties and eliminate serial violators from the game sooner, making the game more enjoyable for the rest of us.

In lue of this however, ther needs to be a process in which false ratings can be redressed and a penalty infected on those who, because they are’nt happy the way things turned out in a battle, rated someone negatively just for spite.

Edited by Judgementbringer, 01 April 2018 - 12:45 AM.

TUFIR #24 Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 29898 battles

I  got a penalty  in te start of game, when the server /connection was down.  there are a place to me to explain this situation

anonym_juSDY1AMtEkz #25 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDado_1968, on 04 March 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

They can call 911 and still play cartoon tanks at the same time.  Besides, it’s hard to give CPR when your mouth is covered in Cheeto dust and your fingers are covered in fennel seed powder.

Lol .True tho   about the cheeto dust .

But somtimes peoples phones die in the middle of battle and by the time it gets cjarged enough there dead .Cough cough happens to me all the time

HumanCoookie #26 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:47 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14802 battles
  • [RAZ0R]

View Posthul_steel, on 10 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

I despise AFK. A simple solution may be to have a fairly hefty credit penalty for being AFK. It needs to show up on game results as a red highlighted negative credit. Too many guys who i have chatted afterwards to ask why admitted they were on the phone. I also have only a little mercy for those with connection problems causing AFK. This is a TEAM game and either you have a good enough setup to play it or else you go play a different game against a computer. The game is rife with players battling with tanks WAY beyond their experience levels and other problems but this is a concrete answer to a real problem.  

View PostDan_Deerso, on 10 February 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Just give them a set 0 credits and 0 experience if they don't move. Problem solved.

As for people playing tanks above their skill level, I'd highly caution you that the forums don't take kindly to hypocrites.

Pretty cooooooooooooooooooooool ideas. Do I have either of your permissions to use in my forgotten suggestions thread? I'll be sure to credit, as well.

Good players forget the names of tanks and maps.

Also, was in [PRAMO] for ~2 hrs and platooned with Mike!

JCR23 #27 Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9861 battles
  • [XXPR2]
People forget this is a mobile game. People play on their phones and you get phone calls. Also you get connections issue and lag issues.

ReDYeViL #28 Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13621 battles
  • [GZR]

I agree that AFK is a real problem when there are only 7 players on a team, another issue are people who don't do anything at the start of the game, then clear up after everyone else have worn down the enemy and died, especially when your tactics are based on the combination of tanks you have and don't start moving for u

How about a system where if you are inactive for a set period of time (eg 20 seconds) you lose 25% of your health then 1% for every second after that

»¥«

InnerRampage #29 Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6273 battles
I agree but in a different way. I think anybody that does 0 damage should get a penalty of 25k credits. This would impact yoloers and afkers.

ReDYeViL #30 Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13621 battles
  • [GZR]

View PostInnerRampage, on 27 June 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

I agree but in a different way. I think anybody that does 0 damage should get a penalty of 25k credits. This would impact yoloers and afkers.

​The only problem with that is it is possible to get 0 points and do nothing wrong, eg getting spotted from afar and being hit side on by multiple opponents taking you out before you're even aware you've be spotted, it would be unfair to be penalised for that - it can happen to even the best players.

»¥«

raellgunawesum #31 Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11624 battles
  • [_GG_]

Well since Blitz already records distance driven and shots fired, there may be an easy solution that would only catch AFKs. 

1) Distance Counters

WG already uses this so it shouldn't be too hard. 

I mean, if you aren't AFK, you should drive around, so even if you don't have the chance to shoot, you won't be counted as AFK.

2) Shots fired

shouldn't be too hard to implement either.

On some maps there are spawn camping spots for TDs, so they would barely drive at all, but they would still shoot something.

SOLUTION

Only players who haven't driven more than 100 meters and fired any shots would be noted as AFK. This means that if a TD spawn camps but does damage they won't be counted as AFK, since they have fired shots. Likewise, if a player was really unlucky and never got the chance to shoot at any enemies, they would still have driven a short distance to stay with their team. It's very rare for anyone to drive less than 100 meters AND not fire a single shot. And if you do that but you aren't AFK, you deserve to be penalized anyway, because that just means you're lazy at that point.

Signed:

---Rael

oldman1500 #32 Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6039 battles
  • [WAR_G]

View Posthul_steel, on 10 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

I despise AFK. A simple solution may be to have a fairly hefty credit penalty for being AFK. It needs to show up on game results as a red highlighted negative credit. Too many guys who i have chatted afterwards to ask why admitted they were on the phone. I also have only a little mercy for those with connection problems causing AFK. This is a TEAM game and either you have a good enough setup to play it or else you go play a different game against a computer. The game is rife with players battling with tanks WAY beyond their experience levels and other problems but this is a concrete answer to a real problem.  

I take issue with punishing people with connection problems.  Since the latest update 5.4 and mad games I have had a lot of problems with the "connections".  I have had problems getting dropped out of the game and off the server.  I try to get back on and I immediately get dropped again.  When the battle is over I can get back into the game.  If I go to check stats on that battle it says "not available".  I have checked my connection with my isp and it is fine hasn't changed at all.  Ping is good, speed is good.  I believe it is a server problem with WG running two separate game scenarios at the same time. (Regular play and Mad games).

I have not really been dinged in the honor system for this but, I have had a few a**h**es try to ream me a new one in the chat.  If they had a half oz. of brains they could check my stats and see how many times I have been inactive in battle.  It is very few and has usually been a server problem.  (I always check a player's stats before I ding them for inactivity.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users