Regulations of the qualifying stages of the Professionals Tournament

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

adjmanLM #21 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3360 battles
  • [DONE2]
Agreed.....we got spanked by Pramo in the qualifiers last Saturday....although we do practice....we are not at their level. The best of the best will eventually play each other...it appears a “minor league” was created to get more players participating.

xjs #22 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14463 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Post_Pandageddon, on 13 March 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I am genuinely curious about the logic behind this decision. By fixing the "issue" that made groups "strong-weak" in Qualifiers, you've created this same issue in Professionals Tournament. You'll have 4 dominant teams and 4 weak teams in Professionals. That brings me to the next question. What was the point of the games on March 11th and March 12th? What significance did they bring to these Qualifiers? 

Instead of motivating lesser skilled clans to become better, they are given a free ticket to a tournament and are shown that "It's okay if you aren't as good as the top clans, you'll still make it into the 'Professional' tournament and get participation trophies." Kind of defeats the purpose of Qualifiers and the whole tournament, no? Are the best of the best not meant to play against each other at the end? 

I agree with your sentiment, but I think the point is to not have only the best of the best there. I think the backwards logic was to get clans people have never heard of, instead of the usual 4 or 5, to have their name in lights to try and increase participation.

Twitch Stream!    Thunderstorm Division   Recent Stats   

_TL_ #23 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 39341 battles
  • [PNCR]

Block Quote

I agree with your sentiment, but I think the point is to not have only the best of the best there. I think the backwards logic was to get clans people have never heard of, instead of the usual 4 or 5, to have their name in lights to try and increase participation.

That's the point of having a tournament... is to have the best teams play each other in the end. I would rather watch two teams that went 14 and 2, than a team that went 4 and 12 try to beat a superior team. And it isn't the usual 4 or 5. Pramo fielded 3 teams, Void fielded 3 teams, PURPL fielded at least 1 team, FLOOP fielded at least 1 team, PNCR fielded 2 teams, GP is playing, SRT fielded a team. I'm not sure why GRIM isn't playing, but a lot of really good teams are participating. Not every great team is participating in this tournament, but it brought a lot of them out. The way it is currently set up, half the really good teams aren't going to qualify, while 4 totally average teams are going to make it through. Those 54% teams that don't stand a chance shouldn't be there for the sake of "growing the game" But I guess this is what you get when you grow up in the participation trophy era. It's okay to mediocre... How does a team that went 0 and 2 during the group stage even make it out of the group stage? 

xjs #24 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14463 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View Post_TL_, on 14 March 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

The way it is currently set up, half the really good teams aren't going to qualify, while 4 totally average teams are going to make it through. 

*working as intended. 
This is my entire point.  Hence why it is backwards.

Tinfoil hat theory,  WG Meeting:
Boss-We need to increase the number of clans in competitive play!
Staff- But they get stomped whenever they do, the competitive scene is too small on NA. We should just cancel it, like Asia.
Boss- I don't care, figure it out!
Staff- What if we work the brackets to guarantee new clans make it to the finals....
Staff: Hey Boss, we manged to get a handful of new clans involved in competitive play!
Boss: Great job everyone!

Twitch Stream!    Thunderstorm Division   Recent Stats   

Nechi_23 #25 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:37 AM

Private

• Players
  • 39479 battles
  • [DRSIA]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 13 March 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Dear players!

As you can see the bracket for the second stage was changed.

We fixed a seeding issue which was detected when we created bracket from the 1st stage to 2nd with a seeding type "strong-weak". We've made a manual seeding and fixed this issue. Now the seeding for the 2nd stage is fair for all teams and groups.

Also you may see that some groups display incorrect (teams duplicate twice in the group). We are working on fix.

por que no existe la opcion de salirme del torneo?? al inscribirme en el torneo profecional, automaticamente no me deja acceder a los demas torneos spring del dia martes y jueves, esto esta mal.

RexyComandante #26 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hello everyone! 

We've seen your concerns and found it fair. So we've made changes in the seeding. You can see actual schedule in the game client right now.

Spoiler

teddyvball #27 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Players
  • 28914 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Thank you for this change, Now we can have 8 fully competive teams fighting it out for the top spot. 

ScumbagJuJu #28 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25236 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Is there any fix coming for the quick tournaments? Currently a lot of teams can not play quick tournaments because they are locked in the Pro League series.

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

korahkorah #29 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34698 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostRexyComandante, on 15 March 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hello everyone! 

We've seen your concerns and found it fair. So we've made changes in the seeding. You can see actual schedule in the game client right now.

Spoiler

Thank you for listening to our thoughts. I would like to really thank you for listening to them, in such a short time as well. We really appreciate your work.

caper4life #30 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29448 battles
  • [MFW]
 What ScumbagJuJu asked. More then half of a regular team can't roll quick tournaments due to being enrolled in professional tournaments.  Funny it wasn't an issue last Thursday

RexyComandante #31 Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 15 March 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Is there any fix coming for the quick tournaments? Currently a lot of teams can not play quick tournaments because they are locked in the Pro League series.

View Postcaper4life, on 15 March 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

What ScumbagJuJu asked. More then half of a regular team can't roll quick tournaments due to being enrolled in professional tournaments.  Funny it wasn't an issue last Thursday

When Qualifying stage of Professionals tournament finishes, all teams will be able to participate in the regular quick tournaments. But in case if team will register in the Professionals tournament, it won't participate in quick tournaments since the start of Professionals tournament. We said about this in regulations of Professionals tournaments.

iRaikkonen #32 Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25843 battles
  • [BOSOX]
Why punish teams for being active and good at the same time? I don’t understand why not let professional teams play regular quick tournaments in addition to the pro series. 

Edited by iRaikkonen, 16 March 2018 - 10:38 PM.

sunbumy #33 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22546 battles
  • [PRAMO]

We have the last round starting at 12:30 AM EST. Can we make battles a little earlier in the future? I’m sure 8 PM Eastern is a ,inch better time frame for most people in North America

ScumbagJuJu #34 Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25236 battles
  • [PRAMO]
@rexy

When will teams who won their groups receive their camo? Sorry to bug, we got all other rewards and not the camo is why I ask.

Travoltavich #35 Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 19 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

@rexy

When will teams who won their groups receive their camo? Sorry to bug, we got all other rewards and not the camo is why I ask.

Hi!

Thx for the question. We have checked and everything is OK. You will get camos soon. 

Edited by Travoltavich, 20 March 2018 - 07:56 AM.

RexyComandante #36 Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostiRaikkonen, on 16 March 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Why punish teams for being active and good at the same time? I don’t understand why not let professional teams play regular quick tournaments in addition to the pro series. 

We don't want that our professional teams were distracted by the quick tournaments.

View Postsunbumy, on 17 March 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

We have the last round starting at 12:30 AM EST. Can we make battles a little earlier in the future? I’m sure 8 PM Eastern is a ,inch better time frame for most people in North America

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep it in mind.

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 19 March 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

@rexy

It will happen very soon. There are two different mechanism of accruing for the camo and for the other rewards so that why time gap is.  

Knopka_NA #37 Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 19 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

@rexy

Hello, please check your account, camo was accrued.

ScumbagJuJu #38 Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25236 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 21 March 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

Hello, please check your account, camo was accrued.

Thanks Knopka! The Blue looks sooooo sexy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users