Jump to content


We just destroyed a Russian T-72 today.


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Alucard8732 #1 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19207 battles
  • 1,437
  • [101]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2015

And why isn't this tank in the game? Post WW2 or something?

 

http://www.businessi...018-2?r=UK&IR=T

 



_UrgleMcPurfle_ #2 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9476 battles
  • 2,421
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2016
It's just a better version of our current T-62a.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

 

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

 

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.


RoadKutter #3 Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

    Polish Demolish

  • Players
  • 29499 battles
  • 4,129
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
Wow! That's some crazy dmg.

                         

              One day Canada will take over the World. And then you will all be Sorry!    

 

                

                                                                  


XTREMEgecko79 #4 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8716 battles
  • 200
  • [-VB-]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
 Salute to our brave soldiers fighting over there. 

A little bird once told me how to gain credits fast: "Club the seals and sell the fur and hide." 

 


Alucard8732 #5 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19207 battles
  • 1,437
  • [101]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2015
They destroyed the t72 because a few of em attacked a SDF base

XTREMEgecko79 #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8716 battles
  • 200
  • [-VB-]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View PostAlucard8732, on 13 February 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

They destroyed the t72 because a few of em attacked a SDF base

 

Yeah, read the article. It was in self-defense so it was a provoked attack. 

A little bird once told me how to gain credits fast: "Club the seals and sell the fur and hide." 

 


Bronyman50 #7 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

    Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

  • Players
  • 25961 battles
  • 4,101
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Good to see those Cold War era Aircraft doing what they were designs to do, albeit in a desert and not the flasslands of Europe 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy


RommelTanker #8 Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1692 battles
  • 1,563
  • [43MB]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View PostAlucard8732, on 13 February 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

And why isn't this tank in the game? Post WW2 or something?

 

http://www.businessi...018-2?r=UK&IR=T

 

 

In terms of how the tanks were developed it goes like this, and this pertains to why it isn't in the game:

 

T-54/55: First true Soviet MBT. Featured a 100mm gun. Entered Service: 1949. Still currently in service in many countries (Heavily modified)

T-62/A: Second developed Soviet MBT. A modernization of the T-55 MBT. Armament was upgraded to a 115mm smoothbore gun (We have a 100mm for balancing purposes; a 115 would deal roughly 370-390 damage a shot based on alpha to caliber ratio). Entered Service: 1961. Currently in service today.

T-72: Second Generation Soviet MBT. Features a 125mm smoothbore gun. Entered service: 1973. Still presently in service in many countries.

 

Mind you, most of our Tier Xs are early to mid Cold War Era. The one exceptions I can think of are the Maus and E 100, which were designed by 3rd Reich Germany as prototype super heavies late in World War 2.

 

So the T-72 is distinctly more advanced both by time designed and by stats. So it comes down to A, balancing, and B, maintaining the current time lines of vehicles in the game. The only tank that currently breaks this rule is the KpfPz. 70 or MBT 70 to us Americans. It was designed very late in the Cold War as a replacement for the Leopard 1 MBT and M60A1 Patton.


Edited by RommelTanker, 13 February 2018 - 05:14 PM.

I'm sick and tired of seeing pointless bickering nowadays. It's disgusting and shows the poor state that the human mind and psyche is in. Rise above the others. Don't bow to the level of those who try to reinforce the poor human psyche. Make every effort possible to make sure humanity doesn't spiral down and burn in flames at the bottom.

"Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky full of stars? Well, I do." -Chester Bennington. RIP


WhiskeyCyclone #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19734 battles
  • 2,558
  • [LONR]
  • Member since:
    07-21-2014

View PostRommelTanker, on 13 February 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

In terms of how the tanks were developed it goes like this, and this pertains to why it isn't in the game:

 

T-54/55: First true Soviet MBT. Featured a 100mm gun. Entered Service: 1949. Still currently in service in many countries (Heavily modified)

T-62/A: Second developed Soviet MBT. A modernization of the T-55 MBT. Armament was upgraded to a 115mm smoothbore gun (We have a 100mm for balancing purposes; a 115 would deal roughly 370-390 damage a shot based on alpha to caliber ratio). Entered Service: 1961. Currently in service today.

T-72: Second Generation Soviet MBT. Features a 125mm smoothbore gun. Entered service: 1973. Still presently in service in many countries.

 

Mind you, most of our Tier Xs are early to mid Cold War Era. The one exceptions I can think of are the Maus and E 100, which were designed by 3rd Reich Germany as prototype super heavies late in World War 2.

 

So the T-72 is distinctly more advanced both by time designed and by stats. So it comes down to A, balancing, and B, maintaining the current time lines of vehicles in the game. The only tank that currently breaks this rule is the KpfPz. 70 or MBT 70 to us Americans. It was designed very late in the Cold War as a replacement for the Leopard 1 MBT and M60A1 Patton.

 

Right, and seeing how badly the MBT 70 got nerfed, if the T -72 ever did make it to blitz, it would get the same treatment. Otherwise it would be insanely op. 

                                        

                                                                                                                          Keep it old school. 


minitel_NA #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 451 battles
  • 3,354
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostRommelTanker, on 13 February 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

 

In terms of how the tanks were developed it goes like this, and this pertains to why it isn't in the game:

 

T-54/55: First true Soviet MBT. Featured a 100mm gun. Entered Service: 1949. Still currently in service in many countries (Heavily modified)

T-62/A: Second developed Soviet MBT. A modernization of the T-55 MBT. Armament was upgraded to a 115mm smoothbore gun (We have a 100mm for balancing purposes; a 115 would deal roughly 370-390 damage a shot based on alpha to caliber ratio). Entered Service: 1961. Currently in service today.

T-72: Second Generation Soviet MBT. Features a 125mm smoothbore gun. Entered service: 1973. Still presently in service in many countries.

 

Mind you, most of our Tier Xs are early to mid Cold War Era. The one exceptions I can think of are the Maus and E 100, which were designed by 3rd Reich Germany as prototype super heavies late in World War 2.

 

So the T-72 is distinctly more advanced both by time designed and by stats. So it comes down to A, balancing, and B, maintaining the current time lines of vehicles in the game. The only tank that currently breaks this rule is the KpfPz. 70 or MBT 70 to us Americans. It was designed very late in the Cold War as a replacement for the Leopard 1 MBT and M60A1 Patton.

 

Great summary.

 

i like to think that world of tanks more or less stops with the addition of electronics in aiming. When you start shooting without seeing the target visually.

then the T49 event came to sorta prove me wrong but... hmmm more or less... still my theory still holds some water I guess...


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


RommelTanker #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1692 battles
  • 1,563
  • [43MB]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 February 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

Great summary.

 

i like to think that world of tanks more or less stops with the addition of electronics in aiming. When you start shooting without seeing the target visually.

then the T49 event came to sorta prove me wrong but... hmmm more or less... still my theory still holds some water I guess...

 

Well not quite. It stops at the point of 2 plane stabilization tech. Only a few tanks in the game have this, specifically the IS-8 (Or more specifically, the fully upgraded IS-8 which is actually the T-10M heavy tank), Obj. 140, and T-62/A

 


I'm sick and tired of seeing pointless bickering nowadays. It's disgusting and shows the poor state that the human mind and psyche is in. Rise above the others. Don't bow to the level of those who try to reinforce the poor human psyche. Make every effort possible to make sure humanity doesn't spiral down and burn in flames at the bottom.

"Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky full of stars? Well, I do." -Chester Bennington. RIP





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users