Tier VII grind geological epoch

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SanguinaryDan #1 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15012 battles
  • [2PINT]

So I know some folks have done it.  But good lord, how long does it take?  The XP and Credit cost of the Tier VII and higher ships is massive considering the best game I’ve managed in a Tier VI was like 1,500 XP. 

I’m no Bull Halsey (and sure as [edited]neither are my teammates) so most of my games generate well under that. Two weeks of grinding and converting Free XP and I’m about half way to the Myoko.  Not that I’m even vaguely sure CAs are anything worth beating my head against the wall to get. One torpedo does more damage than her full broadside. But at least, unlike the Americans, she has torpedoes. So I might still be smarter changing horses in mid-stream and going after the DDs.  Though I’d be throwing away about 18k experience on the Aoba. 

Then again I’ve got the flu and a 103° degree fever at the moment so my thought processes could be a little wonky. 

But, seriously.  How long should I expect this to take?

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Rum_Tanker #2 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7206 battles
Howitzer listed some grinding time frames here yesterday, and yep, they are dreadfully long. Hope you feel better......

http://worldofwarshipsblitz.freeforums.net

cheasesteak #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18373 battles
  • [COD-R]

The grinding in Boats isn't bad if you look at it differently.

1) the actual difference between a fully equipped boat and a boat with no blueprints isn't nearly as bad as 75% crew stock tank in Tanks.  IS-8 w/75% crew grind made me want to shoot myself.  With Boats, the grinds take a while, but they are competitive right out of the box. 

2) the grind length keeps noobs from racing up the lines.

3) no tier 8 premium spam (yet).

4) games are competitive even in lower tiers (unlike Tanks), so there is less reason to rush to high tiers. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Rum_Tanker #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7206 battles

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

1) the actual difference between a fully equipped boat and a boat with no blueprints isn't nearly as bad as 75% crew stock tank in Tanks.  IS-8 w/75% crew grind made me want to shoot myself.  With Boats, the grinds take a while, but they are competitive right out of the box. 

4) games are competitive even in lower tiers (unlike Tanks), so there is less reason to rush to high tiers. 

I would agree with all of these points. As long as the grinds are, these are all silver linings of sorts.

cheasesteak #5 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18373 battles
  • [COD-R]

Personally, I am in no rush.  I'm only planning to grind a few lines with the goal of reaching the top.  In other lines, I'll stop when I get the ship I want. 

First two lines I'm pushing will be US Cruisers and BBs.  Probably IJN Destroyers as well.  I'm going to casually grind IJN BBs as well, but not in any rush.  Otherwise my goals are a bit lower.  I wanted the Karlsruhe, and have it and am done with the Germans for now.  Great boat that I plan to keep and play a lot.  Going up to Tier 5 in Russian cruisers and then stopping that line as well.  Got the Clemson and Wicks and am happy to cap out the US DD line there. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Howitzer_155 #6 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 February 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

ya but screw the noobs?  how about the decent players that played 100 games in tier 5 @ 67% and still need 50 more games to complete the grind?.....idc about noobs tbh i want more xp per game.....u can play your a s s off do 45k damage and 3kills in tier5 and only get 450xp.  dumb. so next ship line i play when i advance to tier 5 i have to play over 100 games again to eventually buy another tier6. thats dumb... i dont want to continually have to play 100+ games in tier5

Edited by Howitzer_155, 14 February 2018 - 04:47 PM.

djhiz #7 Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15609 battles
  • [F2K]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 14 February 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Then again I’ve got the flu and a 103° degree fever at the moment so my thought processes could be a little wonky. 

Get well soon, m8. 

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

SanguinaryDan #8 Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15012 battles
  • [2PINT]

Thanks for the well wishing. As I’m the third member of the family to come down with it my wife is running a little low on her Florence Nightingale factor. :mellow:

So basically the VI to VII grind will take for freakin ever. Particularly since the Aoba is such a weeny in terms of damage output and HP. Makes multi kill games harder than I expected. That and a matchmaking system that thinks giving one team four Tier IV BB and the other side five Tier V DD is a good idea. Strangely it’s very difficult to hit a maneuvering DD with 14” guns. Who’d a thunk it?

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Howitzer_155 #9 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 14 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the well wishing. As I’m the third member of the family to come down with it my wife is running a little low on her Florence Nightingale factor. :mellow:

So basically the VI to VII grind will take for freakin ever. Particularly since the Aoba is such a weeny in terms of damage output and HP. Makes multi kill games harder than I expected. That and a matchmaking system that thinks giving one team four Tier IV BB and the other side five Tier V DD is a good idea. Strangely it’s very difficult to hit a maneuvering DD with 14” guns. Who’d a thunk it?

so far i have 81 games played in the tier6 buddy and i have earned 23.600 xp in those 81 games....still have have 61,000 xp to go still.  so im lookin at a total of 230+ games just to goto tier7. the grinds are dumb. u could grind 4 lines to tier 5 in tanks in that amt of games.  

Edited by Howitzer_155, 14 February 2018 - 08:22 PM.

7_3_PowerStroke #10 Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6448 battles
  • [MAHOU]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 14 February 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

A lot of people in my school have been out with it. We're running out of sub teachers too...

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212

PinDadNW #11 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38066 battles
  • [RAIDR]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 14 February 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

so far i have 81 games played in the tier6 buddy and i have earned 23.600 xp in those 81 games....still have have 61,000 xp to go still.  so im lookin at a total of 230+ games just to goto tier7. the grinds are dumb. u could grind 4 lines to tier 5 in tanks in that amt of games.  

This is exactly what I'm doing. Grind everything through tier four. Then I have one 5 or 6 I work on till I have all the spare parts for it, then I'll start another five.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

SanguinaryDan #12 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15012 battles
  • [2PINT]
What I don’t get is how many high Tier players there are in regular WoWS. Has the game been around for 15 years?  Is it only played by prisoners serving life terms?  They must have a much more effective XP and Credit system. Or they can buy their way there somehow. Because the YouTube vids I’ve seen show a [edited]-ton of Tier X BB out there. 

Howitzer_155 #13 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]
credits are way higher in PC. i was watching Flamu(PC streamer) one noght and he earned over 1million creds in one game. in naval creed i have 6 tier 10 ships and well on my way to buy my 7th and 8th tier10 ship.....i have well over 80million credits, 200,000 free xp and have only been playing less than 1yr. all on a non - premium acct is well. havent spent a cent. In Water blitz its going to take me a yr to get one tier10.  the zloong gaming comp that created naval creed hooks there small playerbase up! the only thing that seperates Blitz from creed is the playerbase. the bots in creed are way more prevalent due to the really small playerbase.  id rather play real people. in creed u r playing 70% bots everygame.  everything else like graphics, maps, and game mechanics creed dominates blitz by a wide margin.  

Edited by Howitzer_155, 15 February 2018 - 05:46 PM.

Player_5773117413 #14 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 February 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

One of the few things I like about wowsb is definitely this. Even Tier 3 is still fun and diverse. 

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

NICKEL_AND_DIME #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 49937 battles
  • [III]

View PostHowitzer_155, on 15 February 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

credits are way higher in PC. i was watching Flamu(PC streamer) one noght and he earned over 1million creds in one game. in naval creed i have 6 tier 10 ships and well on my way to buy my 7th and 8th tier10 ship.....i have well over 80million credits, 200,000 free xp and have only been playing less than 1yr. all on a non - premium acct is well. havent spent a cent. In Water blitz its going to take me a yr to get one tier10.  the zloong gaming comp that created naval creed hooks there small playerbase up! the only thing that seperates Blitz from creed is the playerbase. the bots in creed are way more prevalent due to the really small playerbase.  id rather play real people. in creed u r playing 70% bots everygame.  everything else like graphics, maps, and game mechanics creed dominates blitz by a wide margin.  

Plus in Creed you can lock your turrets in position.  That is a nice feature that is lacking in WoWSB.

Howitzer_155 #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 15 February 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Plus in Creed you can lock your turrets in position.  That is a nice feature that is lacking in WoWSB.

TURRET LOCK IS ESSENTIAL.  like i said every aspect of creed is way better except the fact that in public games creed u play 6 bots and two humans.  another irritating thing is in creed is the wait to get into a game is one minute per tier every time.  i play all tier 4 n tier 5( equivalent to tier9 n tier 10 on blitz) so my average wait time is 4-5 mins.  the playerbase is way to small. if it were bigger wowsb wouldnt even be on my phone...

Edited by Howitzer_155, 15 February 2018 - 09:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users