• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Derpomagix #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25482 battles
  • [SPCEX]

Hello WG Staff and forumers.

I've been thinking recently on a new idea for a map... I know this is nothing new! :)

I've seen a few posts to this effect about the Ardennes, Bocage, D-Day. And the Naval Frontier map (which is one of my favs) has partially satisfied the latter.

I had a new idea. The first raid on D-Day was aimed at taking out two bridges to deny the German Panzer divisions access to the beachheads.

The general idea is, two bridges over two canals, which are chokepoints, in effect. The area between the bridges is heavily forested, with roads leading through. On either side of the bridges there are towns. SO this would be a very varied map that would have potential for any kind of gameplay. The towns would be perfect for heavies and meds, and there would be cover a'plenty for TDs.

A general idea of the layout is below... blue is water, light green open grass, grey is built-up areas, dark green is forest/trees/bushes, and black is roads.

Twin Bridges.png

What does everyone think?

And if the WG staff read  and consider this, could they put a quick post to say so? 

-PlaneCrazy01

Edited by PlaneCrazy01, 15 February 2018 - 04:03 AM.

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #2 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16013 battles
  • [HATED]

There needs to be open areas and/or hills unobstructed by buildings. Light and medium tanks wither and die in town, as they can't use mobility well. The current layout would result in stagnant gameplay because nobody will push over the bridges. It's just suicidal. 

I suggest having the south end of the map, instead of being a built-up area, be like the hills on Canal. Hopefully any direct lines of fire from the spawns will be obstructed by the various natural features of the side. This way, lights and mediums can fight to their fullest potential unhampered by clogged towns. 

The concept is very unique indeed. Taking an aspect of D-day and turning it into a map is nice :)

Edited by _UrgleMcPurfle_, 15 February 2018 - 04:19 AM.

MudkipAtWar #3 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

die

• Players
  • 22481 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I have a feeling this is another sounds great, not so great in practice thing. Least it's not flat, maybe have the bridges partially destroyed so there is rubble to hide behind as you push up?

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

Derpomagix #4 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25482 battles
  • [SPCEX]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 14 February 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

I suggest having the south end of the map, instead of being a built-up area, be like the hills on Canal. Hopefully any direct lines of fire from the spawns will be obstructed by the various natural features of the side. This way, lights and mediums can fight to their fullest potential unhampered by clogged towns. 

Yeah, good idea. Mebbe it would also be a good idea to add another two bridges so that there are two ways to cross the rivers...? I'm just realizing now that any noob TD driver is going to camp at one end of a bridge and wait.

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 15 February 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

I have a feeling this is another sounds great, not so great in practice thing. Least it's not flat, maybe have the bridges partially destroyed so there is rubble to hide behind as you push up?

Neat idea. I've heard that in France, some roads had to be repaved after a Panzer division went through... :teethhappy: 

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

Derpomagix #5 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25482 battles
  • [SPCEX]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 14 February 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

Also - I forgot to add to the OP, what would people think would be the best positions for the spawns?

Would be either North/South or East/West.

Andrew4U #6 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 37919 battles
  • [ID3]

My great aunt could use a computer well past her 100 birthday.  She lived through many of the wars the USA fought in.  Imagine a person deciding to play the game only to find the areas are too like the real thing.  You can see problems.

I looked at the maps Wargaming has on hand.  Some maps are used frequently.  Other larger maps that I rarely see and exist are used very little.  If different sized maps would change the play of the game, I suggest different sized battlefields.

Wargaming did introduce some new or old battlefields.  That made the game more difficult.  More battlefields are still needed.

Please understand that the next thing will cause draws and confuse players at first.  I suggested to Wargaming that each map slightly change between battles.  A somewhat familiar battlefield will confuse some players to no end.  If you do not adapt, you are not ready for the higher tiers.

Also tagged with New map, suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users