Jump to content


RibbleStripe - does matchmaker analyze player skill?

MM Matchmaker

  • Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #281 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:17 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 61444 battles
  • 12,172
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Post4sfield, on 01 May 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

 

   He’s a 40%er, guarantee it. Otherwise it would have been left alone a long time ago. 

 

In fairness to him - WG has constantly been complained to about MM.  

   

    However the current MM is worse than it was when +/-1 first came in.   

 

 Yes I like the fact that now 7 tier X tanks don’t see 1 9 and 6 8’s, as happened in +/-2, but all I want is balanced tiers (except failtoons that’s on them - just take the highest tier in the toon as it used to be). 

   I don’t like toon matching, failtoon matching as far as types go and all I want is a 2 TD cap/side.  

 

 

  

 


 
Tank Hoarder: 387 tanks in Garage:  383/392 aced
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


minitel_NA #282 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,457
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Post4sfield, on 01 May 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

 

   He’s a 40%er, guarantee it. Otherwise it would have been left alone a long time ago. 

 

maybe he is himself a tinfoil hat wearer ? All this time working everyday trying to unrig it ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


acrisis #283 Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20542 battles
  • 11,375
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

I still have to rewatch the 6.0 video, but casually listening in, I did raise an eyebrow as well on the constantly tweaking MM.

 

Excuse me, come again? 
 

 

 
Failtoons, they can simply do away with them. Whether tanks or boats. 99% of the time that platoon is ineffective ... or it is the rigging kid(s). Enforce the platoon to be the same tier. Done. 


 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

 

     BE  (+)   

    Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
 


Holy_Outlaw #284 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31254 battles
  • 663
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015

View Postacrisis, on 02 May 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

I still have to rewatch the 6.0 video, but casually listening in, I did raise an eyebrow as well on the constantly tweaking MM.

 

Excuse me, come again? 
 

 

 
Failtoons, they can simply do away with them. Whether tanks or boats. 99% of the time that platoon is ineffective ... or it is the rigging kid(s). Enforce the platoon to be the same tier. Done. 

Agreed with the tweaking MM statement. And it wasn't a rehearsed, planned statement. Was kinda ad-lib, so we know it is true. There is something there. We just don't know what, how deep this could run. And of course some aspects we will never find out about. 



__Crusader6__ #285 Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 61444 battles
  • 12,172
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 02 May 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

 

maybe he is himself a tinfoil hat wearer ? All this time working everyday trying to unrig it ?

 

View Postacrisis, on 02 May 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I still have to rewatch the 6.0 video, but casually listening in, I did raise an eyebrow as well on the constantly tweaking MM.

 

Excuse me, come again? 
 

 

 
Failtoons, they can simply do away with them. Whether tanks or boats. 99% of the time that platoon is ineffective ... or it is the rigging kid(s). Enforce the platoon to be the same tier. Done. 

 

View PostHoly_Outlaw, on 02 May 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Agreed with the tweaking MM statement. And it wasn't a rehearsed, planned statement. Was kinda ad-lib, so we know it is true. There is something there. We just don't know what, how deep this could run. And of course some aspects we will never find out about. 

 

I think you are reading too much into their comments on MM. 

  MM tweaking was +/-2 to +/-1, balancing types of tanks etc.  

WG has never said they didn’t weight certain things in MM, only what isn’t counted.  

 

Honestly it really doesn't matter - the larger issue is still as it has been from day 1 education of the player base and getting folks not to lick the windows.   


 
Tank Hoarder: 387 tanks in Garage:  383/392 aced
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


4sfield #286 Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Space Lord

  • Players
  • 33335 battles
  • 5,299
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostHoly_Outlaw, on 02 May 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Agreed with the tweaking MM statement. And it wasn't a rehearsed, planned statement. Was kinda ad-lib, so we know it is true. There is something there. We just don't know what, how deep this could run. And of course some aspects we will never find out about. 

 

  Even if it’s bad I’d rather have them tell us “this is how it is, sorry were screwing you guys” than for them to be so secretive about it. They can do that without giving away anything code wise. At least we’d know how it works and could come to grips with it. 

 

  ...or,

 

  Maybe he just screwed up under pressure and didn’t know what he was saying. Think about it, nerd in an interview who doesn’t have a lot of social skills. Nobody knows the kind of work he’s put into it and he wants everyone to realize he’s important and trying to help. Maybe he needs a raise because the house needs a new roof and him and Svetlana have another kid on the way so he goes for it. He chokes on the interview, wouldn’t be the 1st time it’s ever happened. 

 

 


 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

 

FREE _stealy!!!


reluctanttheist #287 Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 26141 battles
  • 6,139
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
A lot of tweaking with MM could be on getting MM to build the teams faster to reduce queue times.  But I would really like to know what "tweaking" means...

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


minitel_NA #288 Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,457
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 02 May 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

 

 

I think you are reading too much into their comments on MM. 

  MM tweaking was +/-2 to +/-1, balancing types of tanks etc.  

WG has never said they didn’t weight certain things in MM, only what isn’t counted.  

 

Honestly it really doesn't matter - the larger issue is still as it has been from day 1 education of the player base and getting folks not to lick the windows.   

 

it is known for sure that the mm is continuously monitored and adjusted. 

Not by huge chainsaw methods like the mm+-2 removal,

but also by tuning smaller details.

It was known before that guy mentioned it on YouTube.


Edited by minitel_NA, 02 May 2019 - 04:09 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


SpartacusDiablo #289 Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 27256 battles
  • 7,919
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
How do you measure something does not exist?

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.


__Crusader6__ #290 Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 61444 battles
  • 12,172
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 02 May 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

 

it is known for sure that the mm is continuously monitored and adjusted. 

Not by huge chainsaw methods like the mm+-2 removal,

but also by tuning smaller details.

It was known before that guy mentioned it on YouTube.

 

Oh I agree, but I still think the main issue of complain stems from the appalling player base. 
 
Tank Hoarder: 387 tanks in Garage:  383/392 aced
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 






Also tagged with MM, Matchmaker

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users