Jump to content


RibbleStripe - does matchmaker analyze player skill?

MM Matchmaker

  • Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #61 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 252 battles
  • 838
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 15 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Shame that none of the players who think it does will believe this.  

 

Thanks for the answer RibbleStripe.

 

I don't think it's 'believe or not' issue. Some players don't think about consequences of MM which prevents players of getting a deserved win. I wish they did that - there would be no such myths then.

 

 


SpartacusDiablo #62 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 29853 battles
  • 7,939
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 February 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

 

I don't think it's 'believe or not' issue. Some players don't think about consequences of MM which prevents players of getting a deserved win. I wish they did that - there would be no such myths then.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Many players (on NA) basically think that they are great, when they are actually mediocre to subpar.  Instead of looking at a loss searching for what they did wrong, or what they could have done better / differently they instead lash out at the team, matchmaking, keyboard and mouse players or any of the 100 other digital Boogeyman that they have dreamed up as a way to excuse their individual poor performance.  It is definitely a sad state of affairs that so many players refuse to self reflect in an attempt to improve themselves.


Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.


RibbleStripe #63 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 252 battles
  • 838
  • Member since:
    10-04-2017

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 15 February 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Many players (on NA) basically think that they are great, when they are actually mediocre to subpar.  Instead of looking at a loss searching for what they did wrong, or what they could have done better / differently they instead lash out at the team, matchmaking, keyboard and mouse players or any of the 100 other digital Boogeyman that they have dreamed up as a way to excuse their individual poor performance.  It is definitely a sad state of affairs that so many players refuse to self reflect in an attempt to improve themselves.

 

Yep. Just one correction. Not on NA. Everywhere. 

 

 


Dark_Magician_Girl #64 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 40668 battles
  • 5,284
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 February 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

 

I'm kind of surprised by such questions...
No, MM doesn't analyze skill. 

 

You're not alone Ribble, after 20000+ battles and 4000+ forum posts I'm still surprised at the stupidity of some of the people I share this forum with.

 

  


Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 15 February 2018 - 01:02 PM.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


RoadKutter #65 Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

    Polish Demolish

  • Players
  • 39469 battles
  • 4,790
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 15 February 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

 

You're not alone Ribble, after 20000+ battles and 4000+ forum posts I'm still surprised at the stupidity of some of the people I share this forum with.

 

  

 

Wait a minute, did you just insult RT?

                         

                    Ghosting reds since 2014

 

                

                                                                  


reluctanttheist #66 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 27036 battles
  • 6,152
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015

View PostRoadKutter, on 15 February 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

Wait a minute, did you just insult RT?

 

​Lol.  So all you tinfoil hatters - I like porter or stout :bajan:

Edited by reluctanttheist, 15 February 2018 - 05:12 PM.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


_OSIRIS #67 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

    something

  • Players
  • 28517 battles
  • 421
  • Member since:
    04-30-2015

View PostA_U_G_U_S_T_U_S, on 15 February 2018 - 01:40 AM, said:

Mm analyzes your frustration with the game. It pushes you right up to the edge, then along with rng, suddenly gets one thinking that they actually might be good at this game. After youve taken back the pledge to “quit forever”, it slowly fills your tanking time with frustrating dread again. In that, the MM is absolutely constant. 

 

It uses the accelerometer in your device to test how far you've thrown it.



Forward_To_Death #68 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5480 battles
  • 942
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2016

View PostDan_Deerso, on 15 February 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

 

They have a patent for a vibrator of all things, just thought I might point that out.

 

https://patents.google.com/patent/USD681225S1/en?assignee=Wargaming.net+LLP&page=3

Just wait until you see the boosters...



jahawa #69 Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18734 battles
  • 1,291
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Postreluctanttheist, on 15 February 2018 - 01:34 AM, said:

 

 ​So I guess you live in the woods and sit on a log?  Really dude.  I call that a case of chronic progressive rectal-cranial inversion

 

Almost ROFL...that is good,

9_V0LT #70 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10284 battles
  • 2,935
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostRibbleStripe, on 15 February 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

 

I'm kind of surprised by such questions...
No, MM doesn't analyze skill. 

 

Does it analyse the outcomes of a player's previous battles, when matching up teams?


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


SGM_zorbaz #71 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Executive Officer & CWNA Council

  • Players
  • 25438 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013
I do not think it does, it only balances by the rules that WG states. 

"Show me a man with grit, skill and zeal, who fears and overcomes fears, and I will show you a Spartan." 

SGM_zorbaz[SRT]Officer, μολὼν λαβέ

 

 


9_V0LT #72 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10284 battles
  • 2,935
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

I guess a more general question would be;

does matchmaking use anything other than tank hardware, when matching up players?


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


M00niac #73 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46099 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

Ribblestripe,

Pardon my skepticism, but I’m old. 

 

When you say say it doesn’t analyze skill, do you mean that it doesn’t use any information about a player’s previous game experience when filling the teams for a match? IOW, no data on the player himself is considered?

 

I promise to believe you if you say yes. :)



9_V0LT #74 Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10284 battles
  • 2,935
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View PostM00niac, on 15 February 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Ribblestripe,

Pardon my skepticism, but I’m old. 

 

When you say say it doesn’t analyze skill, do you mean that it doesn’t use any information about a player’s previous game experience when filling the teams for a match? IOW, no data on the player himself is considered?

 

I promise to believe you if you say yes. :)

 

Inquiring minds want to know

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


_Crusader6_ #75 Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

    The Society’s NA President

  • Players
  • 65234 battles
  • 13,472
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Post9_V0LT, on 15 February 2018 - 03:33 AM, said:

Ever notice, if you lose two or three battles in a row and take a break for awhile, the trend seems to "reset" when you start playing again?

 

Any sport or performance psychologist would explain that is just a you issue. 

 

Other aspects relating to that is that other players are now in queue.  

 

 

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  412/412 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


9_V0LT #76 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 10284 battles
  • 2,935
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View Post__Crusader6__, on 15 February 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

Any sport or performance psychologist would explain that is just a you issue. 

 

Which is certainly true, as long as there is no time limited algorithm, influencing what team you're put on. 

 

To be clear, I'm not saying I think there is, I'm just asking questions.

I'm not postulating anything. 


Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


clin328 #77 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7767 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    01-20-2017
Late to the party again, anyways, ribble, is there going to be any changes to mm or is it going to stay the same?

“There is no bad tanks, only bad players”-clin328

 

Or try listening to music when playing this game

Musicians I listen to: Teminite, Panda eyes, MDK(Morgan David King), Hinkik, and Chime


CrazyHunter13 #78 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7214 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013

View PostRoadKutter, on 15 February 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

 

I was just kidding. Im wel aware of the I lost not because I suck but because MM is out to get me. That crowd does provide a lot of laughter.

 

oh, you mean the same crowd that comes on here spouting about how this game is also p2w and thus mm is rigged for "p2w" players?

clin328 #79 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7767 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    01-20-2017
 

View PostCrazyHunter13, on 15 February 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

 

oh, you mean the same crowd that comes on here spouting about how this game is also p2w and thus mm is rigged for "p2w" players?

Best way is just deal with it, mm is not going to get balanced anytime soon. So do your best and cross your fingers and hope RNGesus is not pointing his middle finger at you.


“There is no bad tanks, only bad players”-clin328

 

Or try listening to music when playing this game

Musicians I listen to: Teminite, Panda eyes, MDK(Morgan David King), Hinkik, and Chime


CrazyHunter13 #80 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7214 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013

View Postclin328, on 15 February 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

 

Best way is just deal with it, mm is not going to get balanced anytime soon. So do your best and cross your fingers and hope RNGesus is not pointing his middle finger at you.

 

this afternoon he did more than just gave me the finger...didn't even wine and dine me first :mellow:





Also tagged with MM, Matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users