M4A3E2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HerRoyalMaid #1 Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22916 battles
  • [T13TB]

How come when I fight the M4A3E2 it has super strong front armor, but when I play it it feels like it has almost no armor. Do you know why?

The only way to truly win a battle is with American muscle

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 28451 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postnorman1632, on 27 February 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

How come when I fight the M4A3E2 it has super strong front armor, but when I play it it feels like it has almost no armor. Do you know why?

Hi Norman!  Welcome to the forums!

I've not seen you play - so my answer is only a guess.

I guess that others know how to hide the weak spots on the armor better than you do.  And/or they are very careful not to expose their sides.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Posit1ve_ #3 Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 81413 battles
  • [_V_]

This could be due to a number of factors:

1. You aren’t angling it properly. The better you angle the tank, the more effective it’s armor is.

2. You’re relying on the armor against tanks that can easily penetrate it. Lots of tier VII heavies and TDs will slice through the front of the Jumbo, and a couple tier VI’s as well, even when we’ll angled

3. People are spamming premium ammunition at you. If you manage bounce a shell, and the damage isn’t a normal number (160, 200, 220, 225, 310, 400) but rather a lower number, then you know people are shooting premium ammo at you. Most tier VI’s and above will go through the Jumbo with premium ammo

4. People are shooting your weakspots. If you’re using the top turret, the cupola and turret cheeks and turret ring are weakspots that are fairly easily penetrated

5. It’s a mental thing. Armor doesn’t mean bouncing shots. Armor means people don’t even bother firing at you in the first place. Most people don’t take shots that they can’t penetrate, so the shots you do get hit with are shots that were likely to penetrate you anyway.

Edited by Posit1ve_, 27 February 2018 - 07:07 PM.

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

__The_Dude_30__ #4 Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 25361 battles

Welcome to the forums!

Right now I can only guess. It could be because you are playing tanks with low penetration values that can't pen the E2 and then when you play it, you come across some tanks with good pen. Or it could be that your opponents are angling the armor, making it thicker, while you are facing enemies head on. Or it could be what Boris said above. I found that qualities of certain tanks always seem better playing against them rather than playing them.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #5 Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24836 battles
  • [LVG]
In unless you’re driving a maus, you should never rely solely on a tank’s armor. Perhaps you’re exposing yourself too often without any hard cover or bushes. Either way, the E2 isn’t hard to pen when unangled and in the open for most tier 6 guns. 

boppinbobby #6 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 75816 battles
  • [VIC]
turret cheeks are pretty vulnerable so unless you keep your turret moving your an easy target. as you are still reasonably new to the game may not have realized every tank has it's weak spot it's just not so obvious on some tanks

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

MajorPrictor #7 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16453 battles
  • [BUNGA]

I've got 399 battles in the Jumbo. The first 200 was before I understood the game but recently got the jumbos WR to crack 50% 

Everything they say is true. Once I learned angling -in the Jumbo- everything got a little funner. Bouncing 2/3 of a Leopards barrage never gets old. Getting blown away by KV2s always suck. Those angling skills then apply to everything you drive. 

I think its tougher, though slower than the EZ 8.

BORIS, RECRUIT ME!!!

I can be your Natasha (in a non gay way) or be your Rocky J Squirrel.

lol

Minecraftexpert_25 #8 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 36267 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 27 February 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

This could be due to a number of factors:

1. You aren’t angling it properly. The better you angle the tank, the more effective it’s armor is.

2. You’re relying on the armor against tanks that can easily penetrate it. Lots of tier VII heavies and TDs will slice through the front of the Jumbo, and a couple tier VI’s as well, even when we’ll angled

3. People are spamming premium ammunition at you. If you manage bounce a shell, and the damage isn’t a normal number (160, 200, 220, 225, 310, 400) but rather a lower number, then you know people are shooting premium ammo at you. Most tier VI’s and above will go through the Jumbo with premium ammo

4. People are shooting your weakspots. If you’re using the top turret, the cupola and turret cheeks and turret ring are weakspots that are fairly easily penetrated

5. It’s a mental thing. Armor doesn’t mean bouncing shots. Armor means people don’t even bother firing at you in the first place. Most people don’t take shots that they can’t penetrate, so the shots you do get hit with are shots that were likely to penetrate you anyway.

I can't stress how important this point is. Count every bounce as a stroke of luck in your favour because for the most part whoever shot at you did so because they thought they could penetrate the shot.

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

andyllinger #9 Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Mr. Hyde encantador

• Players
  • 37175 battles
  • [GRIM]
Don't rely too much on armor, even if it is stronger than other tier VI mediums it's still a medium tank, just go hull down and keep moving.

35 Tier X

HerRoyalMaid #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22916 battles
  • [T13TB]
Then why even get the M4A3E2, its not fast, it has no armer(to speak of) and does not even do that much damage why not just get the M4A3E8 at least it is fast
The only way to truly win a battle is with American muscle

SanguinaryDan #11 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

The Jumbo is god-like in its ability to make the enemy rethink their plans. Lights and Mediums will generally pull back from a positioned and angled Jumbo.

With all the bells and whistles it’s probably the most consistently effective of the Shermans. Because unlike the Easy 8 its side armor can’t be overmatched by any gun you might face. And the loss in mobility isn’t really very much. You’ll miss the top speed occasionally. But only because you might miss out on the feeding frenzy as everyone goes for the last surviving red. 

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

_Amblypigid #12 Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16288 battles

Make SURE u use the stock turret, go hull down and you will crush mediums like nothing else.

~70% winrate for me in that thing

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users