Jump to content


My first negative feedback

feedback

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_Duncan_Idaho_ #1 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38711 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

So, since the inception of the latest feedback system, I have received 785 positive ratings. . . . a few days ago, I had two back to back bad battles and received my first 3 negative ratings all at the same time.

 

First, I was in the t49 - a tank I am still getting used to. I went left with the call. I was the fastest so I was there first. I spotted the reds, took two hits, and returned fire, . . .but not with a fully aimed reticle so I missed. The other light (max 1375) was there behind me and said "nice miss". . . I then retreated to what I thought was a safer area only to come face to face with an IS 6. I shot him with HEAT but bounced cause from my angle the entire tank was red. He then HE'd me to death. I traveled .75 km and fired twice.

 

Is it possible to get 3 verified negative marks from one battle? . . . maybe it was from the battle right after that. . . I followed the call to C on the Yamato map only to be overwhelmed by a full red team there. . . the two of us held out for as long as can be expected with those odds, then I saw the team on the map. . . and I commented, saltily, "or we could scatter to the wind". . . that one might have earned me a negative mark too. It's hard to tell since the marks weren't verified until after that battle completed.

 

After the two games, I got 3 verified complaints. 2 "inactivity" and 1 "unsporting conduct". . . and somehow they were "verified", which I think means at least two people made the same complaint? and that I must not have met the minimum requirements for guaranteed activity? I thought we had some measure to verify inactivity other than player feedback (such as distance driven, shots fired, etc)

 

That was the end of bad battles for the day, fortunately, but it isn't exactly the experience I thought would bring in my first negative feedback. I've been much saltier and I've had ping spike issues and died while restarting, which could have earned me an inactivity rating, but those two experiences seem very minor to have solicited such a strong response. . . . I suspect it was more about the fact that the games were close losses. There were toons on the teams and the toon members agreed to down mark together out of anger at losing. . . that anger needs to be projected somewhere, right? Does it take only two to make a complaint verified? or do I have to piss off the whole team?


 

 


__The_Dude_30__ #2 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

    acrisis’s assistant

  • Players
  • 21352 battles
  • 2,706
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    09-30-2015
Verified means that more than one player complained, so yes, it is possible.

                           Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

                                                                                                       o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

 


Luc____ #3 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9025 battles
  • 1,209
  • Member since:
    03-10-2017

I ranted about a failtoon during the battle and afterward I received a "verified complaint." lol

Usually I receive downvotes for ranting about players or saying screw u to homophobic or racist global-chatters.


Edited by Luc____, 27 February 2018 - 09:27 PM.

"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

 


Untrust______ #4 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 78700 battles
  • 675
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016
It only takes two. And like you noticed praises don't mean anything.

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 


Blartch #5 Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 60768 battles
  • 8,236
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015


CrazyHunter13 #6 Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7211 battles
  • 1,983
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 27 February 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

So, since the inception of the latest feedback system, I have received 785 positive ratings. . . . a few days ago, I had two back to back bad battles and received my first 3 negative ratings all at the same time.

 

First, I was in the t49 - a tank I am still getting used to. I went left with the call. I was the fastest so I was there first. I spotted the reds, took two hits, and returned fire, . . .but not with a fully aimed reticle so I missed. The other light (max 1375) was there behind me and said "nice miss". . . I then retreated to what I thought was a safer area only to come face to face with an IS 6. I shot him with HEAT but bounced cause from my angle the entire tank was red. He then HE'd me to death. I traveled .75 km and fired twice.

 

Is it possible to get 3 verified negative marks from one battle? . . . maybe it was from the battle right after that. . . I followed the call to C on the Yamato map only to be overwhelmed by a full red team there. . . the two of us held out for as long as can be expected with those odds, then I saw the team on the map. . . and I commented, saltily, "or we could scatter to the wind". . . that one might have earned me a negative mark too. It's hard to tell since the marks weren't verified until after that battle completed.

 

After the two games, I got 3 verified complaints. 2 "inactivity" and 1 "unsporting conduct". . . and somehow they were "verified", which I think means at least two people made the same complaint? and that I must not have met the minimum requirements for guaranteed activity? I thought we had some measure to verify inactivity other than player feedback (such as distance driven, shots fired, etc)

 

That was the end of bad battles for the day, fortunately, but it isn't exactly the experience I thought would bring in my first negative feedback. I've been much saltier and I've had ping spike issues and died while restarting, which could have earned me an inactivity rating, but those two experiences seem very minor to have solicited such a strong response. . . . I suspect it was more about the fact that the games were close losses. There were toons on the teams and the toon members agreed to down mark together out of anger at losing. . . that anger needs to be projected somewhere, right? Does it take only two to make a complaint verified? or do I have to piss off the whole team?

 

2 downvotes makes 1 verified downvote

Vino4Ever #7 Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20697 battles
  • 1,606
  • Member since:
    09-04-2016

Yeah, I have two "inactivity" complaints . I believe they were from 2 separate platoons in games that I told one of the platoon members to stop crying.

 

 

Edit to add:  BTW, "military honor" is meaningless.


Edited by Vino4Ever, 27 February 2018 - 10:12 PM.

Mute the Dead

STOP whining and crying.


9_V0LT #8 Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Cunning Linguist

  • Players
  • 9074 battles
  • 2,455
  • [OGRE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2017

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 27 February 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Verified means that more than one player complained, so yes, it is possible.

 

Another example why a platooned player's votes, should only count as half a vote. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.


Dado_1968 #9 Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28065 battles
  • 1,011
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Did _BeastTanker_ downvote you?

 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92610-i-want-to-downvote-as-much-as-i-can-upvote/


 

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1


boppinbobby #10 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52242 battles
  • 1,642
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

the laughable thing is when you raise a ticket about a player who is actually trolling and being a bad team mate they try to direct  you to use this system instead. if you need 2 votes to verify a player is trying to stop you from moving then it may be hard to do that. especially the players who counter your request to downvote their poor conduct to make it seem like tit for tat.

 

I still rate but I am over getting verified downvotes as I've seen so many others with so many negative votes they should be commited let alone banned.


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.



Derpomagix #11 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21666 battles
  • 522
  • [C-4XX]
  • Member since:
    11-06-2017
I have two inactivity downvotes... both from a game when I heard my sister falling down the stairs and went to clean up the mess. :confused:

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson


RatPATROL_2014 #12 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 80631 battles
  • 1,068
  • [THUMB]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Lol

RatPATROL_2014 #13 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 80631 battles
  • 1,068
  • [THUMB]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Poor sister

popisdead #14 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18795 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
This is the problem letting idiots vote.  
I love kemping bush

_deathstalker_ #15 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20986 battles
  • 115
  • [UBER]
  • Member since:
    03-08-2016
I have a couple inactivity votes and that is such a joke.  I am never inactive in a battle.  My biggest weakness is engaging to quickly at times.  So bottom line is I think this rating system is a huge joke and don't pay much attention to it.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #16 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38711 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

Thanks for the reality check. Glad to know i am not alone. Yes, agreed the feedback system doesn’t really work effectively for anything, although if there were sanctions for folks with very large collections of negative feedback, that could be of some use. . . In fact, I did get a notification that “sanctions were applied” against someone to whom I provided negative feedback, so maybe they do take some action.

 

I just thought it was particularly curious how my downvote came at a moment of basically being a it unlucky, overagressive and on the bad side of RNG rather than when I actually deserved the negative feedback.

 

oh, and i don’t think beastmaster was the one who complained, although there is no way for me to tell who did.


 

 


Ericmopar #17 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3271 battles
  • 2,473
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

I can also add, if you watch WoTBlitz on Twitch a lot, the little scrubs almost always downvote because they got blasted.

The whole MH system is a good idea at the core, but it's flawed because so many A-Holes use it to appease themselves when they or a platoon mate get killed early and/or their team loses.

It's really abused badly.

Almost all the downvotes I've getten, where when I had a really good game, not when I was away from the keyboard etc.

I did once get a deserved one for inactivity, but I had gotten sick to my stomach right when the match was loading and had to run.

People on devices could simply be having a battery go dead, or an incoming call etc.


Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


Enzo_Gorlami #18 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 35659 battles
  • 2,039
  • [BELLS]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

Congratulations. 

 

If you did not have any negative feedback, I'd be worried about you. lol



NoobieDude #19 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3147 battles
  • 1,822
  • [CYRUS]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View PostEnzo_Gorlami, on 28 February 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Congratulations. 

 

If you did not have any negative feedback, I'd be worried about you. lol

i haven't  any yet.

although i tend to rage a bit. about every 10/12 games or so, usually after i lose 3 battles in a row.







Also tagged with feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users