howitzer gun hacker hacks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Derpomagix #1 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25545 battles
  • [SPCEX]

I've had an inordinate amount of complaints from the reds in the last few days.

"You shot me through a solid wall!" and "How can you shoot through hills?" and of course, "wth? HACKER!!!!"

So for those who are unaware:

- Howitzers are a very special type of gun which shoot at slower speeds and higher angles. This means that the shell follows a long, arcing curve. So that shot that seemed to come through the hill was actually a T82 taking advantage of this fact. (AKA me)

- The tracer is drawn from the centre of the shooter to the centre of the target, not actually the point where it hit. So if you have your front sticking out, and I kill you, the tracer will be drawn through the hill/building/wall. This DOES NOT MEAN that the shell went through the wall.

- The tracer is drawn at 80% of the shells actual speed. So if someone is super quick at backing up after taking a shot, it will LOOK like they shot through the building they are taking cover behind.

Yes, there are glitches now and then but they are rare. And as so many forumers have pointed out, it is basically impossible to hack the game mechanics.

The end.

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

Fu_Manchu_ #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11595 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostPlaneCrazy01, on 05 March 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

I've had an inordinate amount of complaints from the reds in the last few days.

"You shot me through a solid wall!" and "How can you shoot through hills?" and of course, "wth? HACKER!!!!"

So for those who are unaware:

- Howitzers are a very special type of gun which shoot at slower speeds and higher angles. This means that the shell follows a long, arcing curve. So that shot that seemed to come through the hill was actually a T82 taking advantage of this fact. (AKA me)

- The tracer is drawn from the centre of the shooter to the centre of the target, not actually the point where it hit. So if you have your front sticking out, and I kill you, the tracer will be drawn through the hill/building/wall. This DOES NOT MEAN that the shell went through the wall.

- The tracer is drawn at 80% of the shells actual speed. So if someone is super quick at backing up after taking a shot, it will LOOK like they shot through the building they are taking cover behind.

Yes, there are glitches now and then but they are rare. And as so many forumers have pointed out, it is basically impossible to hack the game mechanics.

The end.

If the bold/underline point is true, then that is beyond stupid and is something that should be relatively easy for WG to fix.

Edited by Fu_Manchu_, 05 March 2018 - 07:18 PM.

AKA HanYolo_.

_Pridefall #3 Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14736 battles
It is hilarious how often people will digitally scream "Hacker!!!" I've seen too many times some guy misses and claims his target "made his shot miss" Sigh...

A little bird once told me how to gain credits fast: "Club the seals and sell the fur and hide." 

CrazyHunter13 #4 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7310 battles
Bottom line is: Ignore all tracers

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 27070 battles

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 05 March 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

If the bold/underline point is true, then that is beyond stupid and is something that should be relatively easy for WG to fix.

It's actually the only thing in the OP that is true :)

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

AkagiTachibana #6 Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18767 battles
  • [IRH]
Lol my howitzers shoot over tanks lol. I cant say hacker to that. I aim too high 
"Strike swift As lightning!"

_WARCHIEF_ #7 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18145 battles
  • [III-R]
Hacker

Dado_1968 #8 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30300 battles
  • [MOM]
Haxor

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

mbrcmf #9 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23268 battles
I actually like the reverse. When I peek a boom, feeling I should have gotten hit and it misses or bounces at worse.

Also tagged with howitzer, gun, hacker, hacks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users