Tier X Meta TierListSeal

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

__Seal__ #1 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:21 AM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

HUGE DISCLAIMER: This is all personal opinion. Feel free to comment what you think needs to be changed.

Hey guys! Been a while since I did a constructive post, so here it is. I’m going to be sorting tier X tanks by their “Tiers”- as in how good they are.

S Tier- Ultimate tier. OP tanks.
A Tier- Borderline OP/Very good tanks.
B Tier- Decent to slightly above average tanks.
C Tier- Mediocre, slightly below average tanks.
D Tier- Pretty bad, but not the worst tanks.
F Tier- Worst of the worst tanks.

Couple notes- + and - will be within a tier. For example, a B+ tank is better than a B or B- tank.

B- and C+ are about the middle.

I did not rate the M60 because I have not seen it in game or in videos enough. But if I were to rate it anyways, it would be around B.

Without further ado, let's get sorting!

S+    None

S    None

S-    None

Tier X is probably the best balanced tier. Which means no blatantly OP tanks.

A+    None

A    IS-7. 

-Tbh, the IS-7 might below in A-. Either way, its certainly dominant because of its high speed (for a heavy), and great turret, as well as extremely trollish front and side armor.

A-    E-100, IS-4, AMX 50 B

-E-100 is an absolute beast because of its high hp, high armor, and a big boomstick.

-IS-4 dominates the heavy flank because of its great armor on the fronts and side. Unlike most other heavy tanks, it has decent speed, and not bad dpm, but sacrifices alpha.

-The AMX 50 B brings speed, gun depression, and a massive clip potential to the table. While the hull is decent, the turret armor is pretty weak. However, the gun and speed are amazing, allowing it to bypass that weakness.

As I said, Tier X is the most balanced tier. Not a lot of A tier tanks, but all of them are heavies.

B+    T57 Heavy, Object 268, T110E4

-The T57 Heavy has gun depression and a great clip. Honestly, this is swappable with the AMX 50 B. It has a big clip, average speed, and very trollish armor, along with great gun depression.

-The 268 has always been a popular pick in tournaments because of its great speed, trollish armor, and big gun, allowing it to fulfill multiple roles and excel. Its mostly hampered down by a lack of turret.

-The T110E4 gets a big gun on a semi-traversable turret. It also has decent armor, but has a lot of weak spots and sacrifices speed. However, the gun combined with the turret make it more than capable of outputting serious damage.

B    FV215b 183, Maus, M48 Patton, 121B, T110E5

-Oh boy. The controversial 183. Despite having one of the worst average winrates at tier X, it has one of the highest average damages. The alpha is insane, and if you pen 3 shots, you’re having a wonderful game. Drawbacks include mediocre speed and awful armor, but in return it gets a beautiful gun and amazing camo.

-The Maus has the highest winrate at Tier X, but one of the lowest avg damages, opposite of the 183. Incredible armor and hp, but limited maneuverability and a mediocre gun.

-The M48 Patton is a very well rounded beast. A great turret, decent maneuverability, gun depression, and a workable gun allow it to play several different roles. However, the hull armor will be torn into shreds, and its a fairly large target.

-My opinion on the 121B may change in the future. However, it rocks a great turret and trollish hull, decent speed, and a solid gun. Very comparable to the Russian meds, it sacrifices a little dpm for extra alpha.

-With the recent patch, the E5 got its tumor removed, significantly increasing its hull down potential and overall armor. It boasts great turret armor, not bad speed, and a decent gun all in all.

B-    STB-1, FV215b

-The STB-1 packs decent speed, decent gun depression, and a decent turret. Its gun, however, is nothing to boast about, and its hull armor is HE’able from the side. Best played on ridgelines.

-The FV215b, the heavy with the highest skill ceiling and lowest skill floor. The turret is decent, and it can sidescrape alright. The speed is passable, and the gun depression is very comfortable. But the gun is what makes the FV215B so special. Decent pen, decent accuracy, and high dpm allow it to pump out damage in a hurry. The HE also has more pen than usual (although not quite the HESH other Tier X British tanks have), giving it more damage potential.

B tier- lots of heavies near the top, with a few TDs, and a couple mediums sneaking in at the bottom.

C+    JPZ E 100, T-62A

-The JPZ E 100 has a massive boomstick and incredible armor. However, it has plenty of weak spots, and is incredibly inflexible. It can’t hold an area by itself with its mediocre DPM and weakspot-riddled armor, but it has trouble sniping as well because it has no turret and awful camo rating. 

-The T-62A has often been complained about because its receiving a ton of buffs lately. However, its campy nature, similar to TDs, give it a lower winrate than the Obj. 140, which is considered underpowered. It boasts a decent turret, a beautiful gun, and comfortable mobility, but lacks reliable armor, gun depression, and pen.

C    Obj. 263, Obj. 140, Leopard 1, E-50M

- The 263, aka the “Yolo Wagon”, is the ultimate med-killer at Tier X. Speedy, with decent armor and dpm, it can contest most mediums easily in a brawl. However, its lack of a turret, HE’able side armor, and little to no gun depression reduce its flexibility to almost none.

-The 140 was once the most feared tank at tier X. But many updates later, it dwells in the mediocre C tier. Why? Well, it has sub-average (for a med) gun depression, unreliable armor, and an unreliable gun. Its dpm is negated by the poor pen and average accuracy. 

-The Leopard 1, a sneaky-sneaky redline medium. The gun is beautiful, as well as the gun depression. The speed is also second best at the tier. However, the armor is absolutely garbage. In order to work, the Leo requires a ton of skill, which the player base does not have. 

-A ramtastical beast that has been left behind from power creep. The E 50M rocks a strong upper hull and trollish turret. Considering its weight, the E50M has great speed, which allows it to ram for damage in most brawls. The gun is accurate, but has low dpm. 

C-    Batchat, Grille

-The Batchat, one of WG’s newest releases, that absolutely sucks in pub matches. When paired up with a decent team, it can do wonders (hence why it is so valuable in tourneys), but can accomplish little to nothing by itself. 

-The Grille was a once proud tank nerfed to a sorrow state, that deserves more attention. Theoretically, it should be the ultimate camper, but it has less camo rating than the 183, which is several sizes larger. The gun is decent, but limited by the few degrees of turret traverse. The speed is extremely average, and the armor is next to none.

C tier is the home of a lot of TDs and mediums. Not a great place to be. Note that not a single heavy is in C tier or lower.

D+    FV4202, Foch 155, 121

-The 4202 was always an underpowered tank. The armor was extremely unreliable, and the gun had AWFUL dpm. The return of HESH has brought it up to D+ tier from F tier, but it needs more love. The only compensating factors it has are decent speed and gun depression.

-WE WANT AN AUTOLOADER! During its transfer to Blitz, the Foch lost its famous autoloader and was replaced by an extremely mediocre gun. The dpm is pathetic for a TD, the armor is unreliable and riddled with weak spots. It doesn’t have a turret, very little armor on the sides and viewfinder. The speed is alright but the gun depression is poor, limiting its flexibility.

-The newest line by WG ends on a disappointing note. Hopefully, the 113 will be better. The 121 offers almost nothing special. The armor is a rip-off of the Russian mediums, gun depression is none, and the DPM is fairly abysmal. The overall accuracy is bad, despite the quick aim time. The pen is also bad. The alpha, 400, is not very special, and is nothing to compensate for the rest of the tank. The speed is usable, but what's the point of speed if everything else sucks?

D    T110E3

-Ah, imo, the worst tank at tier X, but not by too much. Frontal armor is strong, but it has a very weak lower plate and an HE’able machine gun port. The side armor and rear is also weak. The speed is awful, the gun depression is poor, and its turretless. The gun is very average for a 152mm. Basically, questionably strong armor, awful speed, and a gun that misses every other shot. 

Meds and TDs. Same as C tier. 

Overall, the meta at tier X is HEAVYSPAM, with the occasional camping TD mixed in. Meds are not in such a great place right now. TDs are spread all over the tier list. So how can WG improve?

Here are my suggestions below:

-Nerf all heavies (except for 215B) speed-wise, by 5-10%, depending on how OP they were.
-Give the E3 spaced armor on the machine gun port and buff the accuracy.
-Buff 121 alpha to 420 and slightly reduce the reload. That way, it stands out more, and the dpm gets increased.
-Give the Foch an autoloader. Thats it. You decide how it works, but it should have at least 1200 clip potential.

-Buff the turret armor on the FV4202. It should not be invincible, but not paper, either.
-Either buff the alpha of the bat to 350 and keep its dpm about the same, or reduce the interclip to 2.5.
-Buff the grille’s speed a little bit and give it more camo.
-Nerf E4’s dpm slightly.
-Nerf 268’s dpm slightly.

And, thats about it. 

What would this mean for pub matches?

Heavies would no longer (somewhat) replace the mediums job. The speed nerf would make mediums and lights more viable due to their superior speed. Indirect buff to all mediums. Heavyspam should be cut down, but heavies would still be viable.

The E3 will be able to dominate heavy flanks more easily.

The 121 would be a viable medium, being able to poke out and pack a bigger punch than its direct competition.

The Foch would become unique and no longer be a budget 268.

The FV4202 will be able to hull down more effectively.

The batchat gets more carry potential in pubs, which it is severely lacking.

The grille will be able to snipe and relocated much more effectively, fulfilling its job.

The E4 and 268 would be nerfed slightly so they don’t become OP.

What would this mean for competitive matches?

Running almost all heavies will not be the solution for most maps.

The E3 can give the Maus a run for the money at holding down an area, creating competition and diversity.

The batchat will become more important, but running more than 1 or 2 will not be a good idea, because it cannot hold or do too much damage.

Mediums would be a better option for flanking than IS-7s. The possible candidates would be the 140, T-62A, 121B, and 121.

The STB-1 and the Patton would have a new competitor for hull-down mediums (FV4202).

The Foch (maybe) and Grille could be decent campers.

TLDR; Heavies are dominant, especially the Russian ones. Meds are bottom of the barrel, with TDs split up all around the list. Almost all heavies need a nerf, similar to the big med nerf of 3.6.

Feel free to critique or comment on this tier list. If you disagree, please explain. I plan on updating this every other update or so to keep up with the meta.

Edited by __Seal__, 06 March 2018 - 12:25 AM.

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

__Seal__ #2 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

Wonky forum editor strikes again. Had a lot more breathing space in between points on my original doc, but I guess it didn’t work well when I copy pasted it here. Neither did a lot of the bold parts. Oh well. Hope this comes off readable.

Also, I should mention, I may have forgotten a Tier X tank or two. Might have. Please tell me civilly so if I did. Much thanks.

Edited by __Seal__, 06 March 2018 - 12:32 AM.

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Dark_Magician_Girl #3 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 25755 battles
  • [_STR8]
Interesting.  I personally find the E4 to be a mediocre tank.  I do like your opinion on the 121B.  I think it is a fantastic tank.  I agree with T62A as well despite it receiving numerous buffs.  It needs that front plate that the 140 or 121B has to be effective,  Lack of a front plate and poor gun depression hinder the 62A from being a great medium tank.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

Blartch #4 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52435 battles
  • [SPUD]
FV4202 with renewed HESH is not too bad at all.  Definitely better than STB-1 and Obj.140.

Grille is the absolute worst. F.

Other gripes and disagreements, but those are some of the glaring ones.

Rockracer #5 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9172 battles

Like I said before, several times, i know absolutely nothing about tier 10.

Still, the effort you took to write this is definetively worth a upvote, good one.

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.

Bronyman50 #6 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 25928 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Honestly rather then a camo or speed buff on the grille that a lot of people are suggesting I would like to see it get a full 180 degree turret like on the E4. That could make it a much better sniper like how the devs want 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

_34 #7 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 22429 battles

Leo higher. Batchat much higher.

Other than that, solid list!

__Seal__ #8 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:10 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View Post_34, on 06 March 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

Leo higher. Batchat much higher.

Other than that, solid list!

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you. The reason I ranked them fairly low is because they are high skill tanks. The average player does not do well in them, while unicums like you perform extremely well in them. A lot of high skill ceiling tanks are therefore ranked low.

__Seal__ #9 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View PostBronyman50, on 06 March 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Honestly rather then a camo or speed buff on the grille that a lot of people are suggesting I would like to see it get a full 180 degree turret like on the E4. That could make it a much better sniper like how the devs want 

Hmm, good point. It means that it would have to reset camo less often. It might become OP though.

nicog45 #10 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12546 battles
  • [CRUEL]

This should get pinned so that you update it whenever there’s a new buff nerf. Great post Seal!

Now where’s that baby bat guide you said you were planning?:angry:

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU3l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

__Seal__ #11 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:18 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 06 March 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

Interesting.  I personally find the E4 to be a mediocre tank.  I do like your opinion on the 121B.  I think it is a fantastic tank.  I agree with T62A as well despite it receiving numerous buffs.  It needs that front plate that the 140 or 121B has to be effective,  Lack of a front plate and poor gun depression hinder the 62A from being a great medium tank.

I’ve heard overwhelmingly good reviews of the E4 from friends and youtubers, which prompted me to put it there. But thats interesting. What do you not like about the E4?

__Seal__ #12 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View Postnicog45, on 06 March 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

This should get pinned so that you update it whenever there’s a new buff nerf. Great post Seal!

Now where’s that baby bat guide you said you were planning?:angry:

Much thanks. SoonTM

nicog45 #13 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12546 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post__Seal__, on 05 March 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Much thanks. SoonTM

So......next year?

Interested in joining CRUEL/CRU3l? Apply on our Discord! https://discord.gg/4PEJ9zy

Dark_Magician_Girl #14 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:22 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 25755 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post__Seal__, on 05 March 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

I’ve heard overwhelmingly good reviews of the E4 from friends and youtubers, which prompted me to put it there. But thats interesting. What do you not like about the E4?

Weakly armored, weakpoints are noticeable.  Can't really role play a heavy when it needs to.  It's a weird hybrid that doesn't seem to fit the meta despite it being slanted towards heavies and TD's.  Would rather drive an E100 or a proper TD like the 268.  If the E4 got the Patton treatment it would be more viable imo.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

__Seal__ #15 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 06 March 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Weakly armored, weakpoints are noticeable.  Can't really role play a heavy when it needs to.  It's a weird hybrid that doesn't seem to fit the meta despite it being slanted towards heavies and TD's.  Would rather drive an E100 or a proper TD like the 268.  If the E4 got the Patton treatment it would be more viable imo.

Yeah, good point. 

__Seal__ #16 Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View Postnicog45, on 06 March 2018 - 01:21 AM, said:

So......next year?

Depends if I’m busy next week or not.

Defaultz #17 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 24572 battles
  • [SCAMO]
seems manageable, one thing to note is the e4 does not need a dpm nerf. The e4 has been left alone for a long time, so its naturally slid a little. You can still argue its a relevant tank, but it does not need a nerf of any kind.

BakalovBoy #18 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16232 battles
  • [IR0]

View Post__Seal__, on 05 March 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

A re. 

D    T110E3

-Ah, imo, the worst tank at tier X, but not by too much. Frontal armor is strong, but it has a very weak lower plate and an HE’able machine gun port. The side armor and rear is also weak. The speed is awful, the gun depression is poor, and its turretless. The gun is very average for a 152mm. Basically, questionably strong armor, awful speed, and a gun that misses every other shot. 

Btw, the T110E3 has a 155mm gun, NOT a 152mm if a recall correctly. 

Edited by BakalovBoy, 06 March 2018 - 02:14 AM.

__Seal__ #19 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:12 AM

• Players
  • 12674 battles
  • [BNCR]

View PostBakalovBoy, on 06 March 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

Btw, the T110E3 has a 155mm gun, NOT a 152mm if a recall correctly. 

Thanks, but it doesn’t matter too much for the purpose of this post. They have the same alpha anyways, but appreciate you pointing that out.

BakalovBoy #20 Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16232 battles
  • [IR0]

View Post__Seal__, on 05 March 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Thanks, but it doesn’t matter too much for the purpose of this post. They have the same alpha anyways, but appreciate you pointing that out.

True. My bad I couldn’t quote just the section itself since I’m on my phone right now and it’s a PAIN to delete the rest of the stuff out :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users