mines RNG

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14575 battles
  • [HATED]

I've never been a strong Mines player. Perhaps it's due to my single-minded goal of activating engine boost and rushing headlong at the hill. But more prominent than my bad play is the utter dominance a TD asserts—one Death Star, needing only one sentient teammate, can trap a medium tank on the hill; it can, under the protection of the absurd cover WG gives the backs of the map, single-handedly deny a flank through lighthouse and through town. To get an idea of a TD's strength just plop a tank down in the back on Map Inspector. The area it influences spans literally all 3 areas of the map (hill, town, and lighthouse area). 

In one of my recent games, however, I was able to break the stranglehold some skilled red TDs; of course, it was through my totally skillful play that we won. The lineup consisted of 2 60% players, one on either side, -GP- on my side and GRIM on the other. At the start I sprinted to the hill and did my thing as a Leo PTA. But after a minute the reds mostly retreated to the base of the hill. Save for, of course, the camping 183, Grille and Jageroo. A green E100, trying to break the vapid stalemate, cautiously poked over the hill . . . and was literally instantly obliterated. I am not exaggerating; the very instant his gun peeked over the hill three tracers slammed into his turret cheeks, the aforesaid trio of campers each offering a single greeting. So . . . now what. 

I try to flank through town, but the GRIM guy with his 121 outplayed me and I drive around to the lighthouse. By now there is a minute and a half left in the battle. I get caught by the camping 183 and need to hide behind a rock and reset my camo—approximately 15 more seconds off the clock. It's now a 4v4 game. My teammates kill the remaining red heavy, but their TDs kill our heavy in return. There's less than a minute left now. I thought about just yoloing at the camping Grille and 183, but in a stroke of luck the 183 pokes a little too far pas the camo of the bush; I track him, and my teammates finish him off as I begin to push. That leaves the Grille at the back; I take a shot from him as I desperately lunge forward, flailing an HE shell at him. He goes boom, but I have 70 HP left in a 2v1 situation; I have a 60% -GP- unicum on my side against the GRIM player in his 121, also a 1-shot. I'm beginning to enter panic mode, trying to bait a shot, but he won't fall for it; I call for my teammate to push, now with perhaps 10 seconds left—he does, but in my haste I get caught up in the chat thing and hit the damned settings button, oh god no, he's pushed without me and died—5 seconds left!—I'm too late, the 121's reloaded, but what the hell time's almost out; with 1 second left I round the corner on top of hill, all hope is lost, he fires, and—bounce! He's bounced a 400 alpha shell on the side of a PTA! I take the point-blank shot straight into his side, and as the clock ticks zero . . . we've won. 

That game, besides having a really undeserved clutch finish, clearly highlighted the power of a TD in Mines. Driven by competent players, they were able to waste almost the entire 7 minutes of the game; that sort of thing really shouldn't be happening. I don't know what WG needs to do, but a few suggestions I have are to remove the bushes at the back of the map and/or add some hull-down cover on the plateau around the mineshaft entrance. This sort of thing just can't happen.

_The_Tactition_ #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:47 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 23541 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Mines stinks right now. The backs are to OP.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14575 battles
  • [HATED]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 06 March 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

Mines stinks right now. The backs are to OP.

It wouldn't be as garbage if the meds were able to contest from the central hill. But everything on the slope and base of the ramp leading to the hill is constantly proximity-spotting them, while the TDs, a few light-years back from the action, just need to sit behind a rock for the duration of their reload to reset camo. Without hull-down cover there's literally no chance of contesting TDs; any gamble is not worth it when 640, 930, or even 1300 of your HP is at stake.

Derpomagix #4 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23844 battles

I agree.

That said... I had an epic battle in which I got my first Raisin (in my RamPanzer) on Mines.

The reds had one TD. I thought, hey, bet I know where he is. So I flanked over the island. He was distracted and I took him out, shoved him out of the way and took his position. That was when I realised... heh... I'm the only one left, 6 reds. Cut things short, I won with 50HP.

But I do agree, when I'm playing a TD on mines, I know I'll be the one with the highest HP score. :trollface:

What changes were you thinking of?

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

Matthew_Park #5 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:17 AM

1 vs 13

• Players
  • 35730 battles
  • [LGND]
Ive seen so many 121s bounce their shots on soft targets (I was in a BC and bounced him twice) and other tanks. that tank srsly needs some work done

Derpomagix #6 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23844 battles

View PostMatthew_Park, on 06 March 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Ive seen so many 121s bounce their shots on soft targets (I was in a BC and bounced him twice) and other tanks. that tank srsly needs some work done

Ermm... wrong thread? :)

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

If you have less than 5000 battles, it is NOT COOL to have a tier 10. Having a Tier 10 does not make you good. If you think you're good, you probably aren't.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

tedg5 #7 Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:48 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 54732 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Agree that tiers 8-10 mines is a poor boy. In lower tiers I think it teaches some good lessons, mid tiers it plays ok. High tiers, not so much. :playing:

Negaclaw #8 Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8790 battles
Mines is a great 1v1 map

shoot ur skeet and hit that yeet

Tackywheat1 #9 Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:31 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 13890 battles
  • [T-T-T]

View PostNegaclaw, on 06 March 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Mines is a great 1v1 map

So is Winter Malinovka

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

Strig_999ms_brain #10 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4594 battles
  • [_STR8]
Mines is a trash map both here in Blitz as in PC, and has no place in MM above tier 2

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]

Mines is a patience and flex map at high tier.  

No, I don’t like it very much, but the camp sides on the map are also easy to hit if you have a spotter with patience. 

My issue with Mines is, I think it is horribly balanced due to cap location. 

If it becomes a hug-n-slug at the mouth of the hill, it becomes a game of chess.  

Mobility and spotting of the supporting tanks is necessary.  

Most games are won or lost at the Hill by teams pushing over into red guns.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  418/418 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Herbie_N124 #12 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13099 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostPlaneCrazy01, on 07 March 2018 - 04:21 AM, said:

Ermm... wrong thread? :)

How is it the wrong thread?   The pinnacle of the story is literally a 121 bouncing a shot off of a PTA, he just added to the incidence.   Did you need a tl;dr version? :P
It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

Also tagged with mines, RNG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users