• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Player_5773117413 #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:02 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

"Both suck."

Probably, but I went down the Japanese carrier line just to have some fun in coop mode when torps ruin the day for every other boat in random battles. And maybe one day, carriers won't be as underpowered. 

But out I don't know if I picked out the right line to grind. The Japanese carriers end up putting more squadrons into the air while the Americans put in less but they do contain more aircraft. The Japanese carriers also have better concealment values, which is somewhat important when your boat has trouble defending itself from surface combatants.

But controlling just one squadron of torpedo bombers is hard enough. Two looked great on paper but now it seems like youll waste enough time setting up just one that the second will rarely be used.

I don't know. I'm about halfway through the Zuiho. Should I just stop and switch over?

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

General_WTSherman #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29850 battles
  • [TOX]
More plane groups is better as you move up the line, so Japanese CV line is better

THE_Viajero #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20706 battles
  • [F8TAL]

The german battleship line, the tier X Großer Kurfürs, is so big that you can see it from the moon... :P

what im trying to say whit this is that, the best you can do is wait, i mean, even when I like the game, right now is a mees that needs to be clean (i mean, you have to post this in the friking WOT forum becaus the WOW forum is not working since the game was release :facepalm:) ...

also, the carrier clase has been the lest played and more hated line in WOW since the beta for a reason, is borimg, and realy needs a serious re-work 

Sincerely: The_Viajero :honoring:

WHO CAN GIVE ME MONEY TO BUY A CHIEFTAIN MK6? (just kidding!)

ps: I'm a not native English speaker, so, sorry for any mistakes (or maybe the autocorrector trolled me XD) 

useful information:  http://forum.wotblit...-post-pictures/

tankeatingtiger #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:50 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 11533 battles
  • [COD]

Please use Rum_Tanker’s convenient forum.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

PinDadNW #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37617 battles
  • [RAIDR]

I saw a comparison on the Founders Discord server comparing the two tier 10 CV's and the US was ahead in almost every category. I decided to switch and go US first for that reason and also there are less squads to worry about. I may do the IJN line after i'm a better player.

Also, we will talk about whatever we want in Off Topic, thanks.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

cheasesteak #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17700 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 12 March 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

Please use Rum_Tanker’s convenient forum.

​No interest in a new password and website.  Off topic works fine.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Player_5773117413 #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostPinDadNW, on 12 March 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I saw a comparison on the Founders Discord server comparing the two tier 10 CV's and the US was ahead in almost every category. I decided to switch and go US first for that reason and also there are less squads to worry about.

interesting. The dive bombers are far easier to use and having more of them simplifies the gameplay a lot. There hasn't been any balancing work announced on any ship yet so I wonder if this will change in the future.

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

Howitzer_155 #8 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43691 battles
  • [DD]

View PostPinDadNW, on 12 March 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

I saw a comparison on the Founders Discord server comparing the two tier 10 CV's and the US was ahead in almost every category. I decided to switch and go US first for that reason and also there are less squads to worry about. I may do the IJN line after i'm a better player.

Also, we will talk about whatever we want in Off Topic, thanks.

FLAMU an elite PC player streamer did a best of 7 tournament between tier 10 Air Craft Carrier battles of the IJN and US nations. The US AirCraft carrier AA totally annihilated the IJN squads. it was 12 v 12. US won 5-1.  FLAMU blatantly said the US carriers dominate.  

Edited by Howitzer_155, 13 March 2018 - 05:02 PM.

Player_4665361929 #9 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5502 battles
  • [JFGF]
Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question, can you trade in the torpedo squadron for dive bombers? I did the tutorial for carriers and I'm not very confident in the torpedo squadrons lol. To be fair, I've only unlocked the first us carrier and don't play that often. I like dive bombers since they seem to be easier to control. Also, do the fighter squadrons automatically deploy against incoming threats? 

Just a noob tanker trying to make it in the big tank world. 

Player_5773117413 #10 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostPlayer_4665361929, on 13 March 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question, can you trade in the torpedo squadron for dive bombers? I did the tutorial for carriers and I'm not very confident in the torpedo squadrons lol. To be fair, I've only unlocked the first us carrier and don't play that often. I like dive bombers since they seem to be easier to control. Also, do the fighter squadrons automatically deploy against incoming threats? 

No, and not a stupid question becasue I recall PC players had some more options in regards to carrier loadouts.

The squadrons you get are the squadrons you get, no trades, but some equipment does let you trade planes of one type for more of a second type. This won't affect squadron size but you'll get more reserve planes. 

Torps are hard to use, I recommend using cv's mostly for coop. Get the bombers flying first, then worry about aiming once they get close to the target. Keep changing the circle around as you see fit and use the timer to try and line up an attack run. It'll take some practice, and I recommend using torpedo bombers on bb's because they are generally the biggest targets, making a hit more likely.

Player_4665361929 #11 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5502 battles
  • [JFGF]
Good advice, thanks! I generally start a match by launching my bombers towards the red spawn corner and refining the aiming as targets reveal themselves. I try to target enemy cv's first. Figure if I deny the enemy of airpower that will allow me to focus on their bigger surface threats and keep my team safe from air attacks. 

Just a noob tanker trying to make it in the big tank world. 

Player_5773117413 #12 Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostPlayer_4665361929, on 13 March 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Good advice, thanks! I generally start a match by launching my bombers towards the red spawn corner and refining the aiming as targets reveal themselves. I try to target enemy cv's first. Figure if I deny the enemy of airpower that will allow me to focus on their bigger surface threats and keep my team safe from air attacks. 

not a bad idea against a human cv, but bot cv's are extremely dumb and they won't launch until a boat gets within their view range. Also, be wary of enemy aa fire. The further you send your planes, the more boats they might encounter along the way and there might not be much of a squadron left to attack with.

Dominator702 #13 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5371 battles
  • [D33DZ]
Well I haven’t played and cv yet but I’ve been thinking about it the Langley has no torpedo bombers so in my head that sounds like a huge disadvantage but now I see you guys saying the torpedo bombers suck

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

cheasesteak #14 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17700 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostDominator702, on 15 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Well I haven’t played and cv yet but I’ve been thinking about it the Langley has no torpedo bombers so in my head that sounds like a huge disadvantage but now I see you guys saying the torpedo bombers suck

​On the receiving end, I find that torpedo bombers can be more dangerous if the carrier captain is competent. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Dominator702 #15 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5371 battles
  • [D33DZ]

View Postcheasesteak, on 15 March 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

​On the receiving end, I find that torpedo bombers can be more dangerous if the carrier captain is competent. 

Agreed but I’m not sure if it’s like pc or not if it is then I really have nothing to worry about 

Player_5773117413 #16 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostDominator702, on 15 March 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

bogue gets a squadron of 4 though, and it's planes seem better than the biplanes on the Zuiho.

Dominator702 #17 Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5371 battles
  • [D33DZ]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 15 March 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

bogue gets a squadron of 4 though, and it's planes seem better than the biplanes on the Zuiho.

how much damage do you normally get in the Langley? if you have it.

Player_5773117413 #18 Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostDominator702, on 16 March 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

how much damage do you normally get in the Langley? if you have it.

free xp'ed through it. I don't even bother playing the bogue or Zuiho in random battles either, just coop. Started out around 30k in Zuiho over there but now i typically club the bots for 40k in both.

Also tagged with Wowsb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users