How does Asia do it?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

lsubacker22 #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30001 battles
  • [-AFK]

On the NA server, we are mostly English speaking, followed by Spanish and Portuguese , respectively.  I am getting tired of losing due to a language barrier.  Or, are they purposely being trolls?  You say right or left, izquierdo o derecha, or use <<<<<_or >>>>>.  Theres also a disproportionate amount of AFKs from players who may not be on US internet.   Im trying my best not to sound racist but ive become adept at judging outcomes based on names/clan tags due to who may or may not speak English and who may/may not reside with reliable high speed internet.   How does Asia do it with the multitude of different languages??

Edited by lsubacker22, 13 March 2018 - 03:04 PM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #2 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]
Well in Asia many, if not most, have at least a basic understanding of English. "Left" and "Right" are within most people's vocabulary.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22643 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postlsubacker22, on 13 March 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

On the NA server, we are mostly English speaking, followed by Spanish and Portuguese , respectively.  I am getting tired of losing due to a language barrier.  Or, are they purposely being trolls?  You say right or left, izquierdo o derecha, or use <<<<<_or >>>>>.  Theres also a disproportionate amount of AFKs from players who may not be on US internet.   Im trying my best not to sound racist but ive become adept at judging outcomes based on names/clan tags due to who may or may not speak English and who may/may not reside with reliable high speed internet.   How does Asia do it with the multitude of different languages??

Regret to inform you that you have failed.

I guess you really have earned your reputation - and all along I had been giving you the benefit of the doubt.  :(

My bad.

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

LautyWX #4 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21877 battles
  • [KR0N0]

I would propose to put a team message as "attack" or "drive to base E".but this would say "driving to the left", "driving to the right"

this can be easy to translate.

making a signature.....

__Crusader6__ #5 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 56146 battles
  • [III]

All Right -> Please 

All Left <—Please 

It is amazing but quite often even arrows don’t get the point across. 

I don’t think it’s Language issues.   It’s oxygen depletion.

The imbecile quotia of the player base is exponentially inflated during events

Tank Hoarder: 352 tanks in Garage:  355/355 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

slayer_____ #6 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 36618 battles
  • [ATA2D]
At least OP is in the right clan for another one of his posts.........

__The_Dude_30__ #7 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

The Dude of Dudes

• Players
  • 17365 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Most of the time I call either <<<< or >>>>. It is not language specific, so anyone can understand that, it's just if they choose to listen.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Luc____ #8 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8988 battles
  • [XWING]
I'm calling for a deportation to a brand new South American server. Anyone who cannot speak English is deported to there. Ez.
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #9 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 March 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

All Right -> Please 

All Left <—Please 

It is amazing but quite often even arrows don’t get the point across. 

I don’t think it’s Language issues.   It’s oxygen depletion.

The imbecile quotia of the player base is exponentially inflated during events

I think everyone knows what you're talking about with the arrows, but there are always those who have a "you can't tell me what to do!" sort of attitude, or are just inexplicably spiteful. 

Then again, I had this kid message me who literally didn't know what <<<<< meant. I had to take a break after that battle. 

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

lsubacker22 #10 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30001 battles
  • [-AFK]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Regret to inform you that you have failed.

I guess you really have earned your reputation - and all along I had been giving you the benefit of the doubt.  :(

My bad.

Boris

No, this is a rage post nor a racist post; tou surely have taken it out of context.  Im thinking Crusader is right and it's just oxygen depletion.  As far as my comment about internet  i stick to what i said.  Having tried to tank on a warm tropical island resort wirh spotty internet , i can assure you doesn't work well.

BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22643 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postlsubacker22, on 13 March 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

No, this is a rage post nor a racist post; tou surely have taken it out of context.  Im thinking Crusader is right and it's just oxygen depletion.  As far as my comment about internet  i stick to what i said.  Having tried to tank on a warm tropical island resort wirh spotty internet , i can assure you doesn't work well.

As soon as someone says ... "I don't meany any offense" -- you can just about guarantee that they will say something they think others will find offensive.    When I hear, "pardon my french" - the speaker is about to use vulgarities, that they believe others will find inappropriate.  Just because you warn us that you are about to be rude, vulgar, racist, or offensive - does not excuse the behavior.

You said .... "Im trying my best not to sound racist but "   --- the use of the word "but" shows that you knew that others would find your comment racist or offensive, but you chose to make a racist comment anyway.

So - you have indeed earned your reputation in my eyes.

And I do believe I was one of your last hold-outs.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

__Crusader6__ #12 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 56146 battles
  • [III]

View Postlsubacker22, on 13 March 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

I didn’t read it as racial at all.   

The fact is quite often if some Spanish or other language pops up in game at the start it does not bode well.  

There are some incredibly talented Spanish speaking players, I’ve tooned with several above 65% in X. 

However they don’t spam Spanish at the start... 

Tank Hoarder: 352 tanks in Garage:  355/355 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed

Meat_Locker #13 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30391 battles
  • [TITAN]

Neither Boris nor the OP have realized that the OP was pointing out differences in culture and not race.

Ya big lovable dummies, you.

Edited by Meat_Locker, 13 March 2018 - 04:40 PM.

Nyirishlad1 #14 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Private

• Players
  • 79 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

As soon as someone says ... "I don't meany any offense" -- you can just about guarantee that they will say something they think others will find offensive.    When I hear, "pardon my french" - the speaker is about to use vulgarities, that they believe others will find inappropriate.  Just because you warn us that you are about to be rude, vulgar, racist, or offensive - does not excuse the behavior.

You said .... "Im trying my best not to sound racist but "   --- the use of the word "but" shows that you knew that others would find your comment racist or offensive, but you chose to make a racist comment anyway.

So - you have indeed earned your reputation in my eyes.

And I do believe I was one of your 

Edited by Nyirishlad1, 13 March 2018 - 04:43 PM.

Nyirishlad1 #15 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 79 battles
Ugg, first post.  It was a touch on the "holier than thou" side.  I dont think you meant it to be?

Blartch #16 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 53550 battles
  • [SPUD]
pendejos stupids cowards jajaja

Blartch #17 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 53550 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 March 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

I didn’t read it as racial at all.   

The fact is quite often if some Spanish or other language pops up in game at the start it does not bode well.  

There are some incredibly talented Spanish speaking players, I’ve tooned with several above 65% in X. 

However they don’t spam Spanish at the start... 

Similarly, good English-speaking players usually say very little at the start.

I've spent enough time in South America to know that the cultural concept of "bravado" is 100% real, and tends to lead some latin players to pushing more than necessary, failing to take cover, and trusting in their invisible medium red cape to fend off the bull-S-7s.

It's cultural stuff... same as a huuuuge majority of Americans think they're invisible, infallible snipers and sit waaaaaaaaaaay back and try to peck stuff.  Not universals, just generalities.  They exist, no matter how "sensitive" we wish to be.

Edited by Blartch, 13 March 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Vino4Ever #18 Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19838 battles
OP is not being racist, just xenophobic.

Mute the Dead

STOP whining and crying.

_The_Tactition_ #19 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19009 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Not seeing any racism here.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

NateDawg2k16 #20 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:57 PM

Swedish Mafia Captain

• Players
  • 12933 battles
  • [META]
Tu madre es idiotas jajajajajajajajajajajajaja

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users