I'm calling [edited]

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

9thIDScout #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14576 battles
  • [NGPH]
RNG needs to go. It still determines outcomes far too often. When I'm down 4-1 with my KV-1, have played well and I have 4 easy klll shots, against side armor, with a good angle and plenty of pen...and the shots all pen but do no damage while I start with full HP and get penned on every shot....sorry...that's just a rigged outcome, plain and simple. 4 "good" shots all penning and doing no damage isn't bad luck, or bad angles, or pen mechanics. It's a fixed outcome to allow lousy players a chance to still win against a better player. And I know and expect WOTB groupies and disciples will flock to defend their precious game, their reason for living. Blah, blah, blah, tin foil, play better, etc. I've heard the groupies and the usual responses. Fine, it's still a rigged outcome. Get rid of RNG. The days of it leveling the playing field should be over. Too often it determines games...instead of player skill.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 21919 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post9thIDScout, on 13 March 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

RNG needs to go. It still determines outcomes far too often. When I'm down 4-1 with my KV-1, have played well and I have 4 easy klll shots, against side armor, with a good angle and plenty of pen...and the shots all pen but do no damage while I start with full HP and get penned on every shot....sorry...that's just a rigged outcome, plain and simple. 4 "good" shots all penning and doing no damage isn't bad luck, or bad angles, or pen mechanics. It's a fixed outcome to allow lousy players a chance to still win against a better player. And I know and expect WOTB groupies and disciples will flock to defend their precious game, their reason for living. Blah, blah, blah, tin foil, play better, etc. I've heard the groupies and the usual responses. Fine, it's still a rigged outcome. Get rid of RNG. The days of it leveling the playing field should be over. Too often it determines games...instead of player skill.

What do you replace RNG with?  100% pen every shot?  Max damage every time?  

Doesn't there need to be some type of -- I dunno -- chance you miss? or chance that you hit a very critical part of the tank and it azzplodes?  or you hit it, penned it - but not in a vulnerable location - so that shot does less damage?

What do we replace it with?

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Apple_Pen #3 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5628 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Doesn't there need to be some type of -- I dunno -- chance you miss? or chance that you hit a very critical part of the tank and it azzplodes?  or you hit it, penned it - but not in a vulnerable location - so that shot does less damage?

Boris

I think anything can be replaced with spare parts.... 
Nein

djhiz #4 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15534 battles
  • [F2K]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 13 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Boris

I've been thinking about this issue recently and think War Thunder actually does it better here, imho. In War Thunder, gun "dispersion" is due to the natural movement of the chassis/turret/gun. In Blitz, every gun in the game is War Thunder's equivalent of being "stabilized". This is one of the reasons I'd love to try out a mobile title War Thunder puts out if it's not obviously trying to market to kids with corny graphics like blitz has been leaning toward. Unfortunately Armored Warfare: Assault seems to have gone this road, so no modern tanks for me... :facepalm:

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

ahredstealth #5 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:09 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post9thIDScout, on 13 March 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

It's a fixed outcome to allow lousy players a chance to still win against a better player. 

Question:  Are you stating that the game is rigging the shots against you and that your shots bounce and the "lousy" players pen, or it's completely random, and a string of "lucky" shots by the "lousy" players pen'd you?

Because if it's the first, no one here can help you.

If it's the second, it should equal out over time, and you will have games where you got [edited]shots that pen'd those lousy players too...

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Ericmopar #6 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3219 battles

I wonder if it's really RNG?

They say they tightened it but nothing has changed.

The better I get playing pixel tanks, the more I realize that tasty juicy side shots, or shots against paper tanks with high pen guns are bouncing or going right through with nothing happening, even when you pen the engine compartment.  Maybe they shrunk the engine module down to about 2ft square?

I'm talking days when 2 thirds of shots that should pen easily don't...

Hell, I was watching Bushka a few nights ago, and it was even happening to him on Twitch. He fired 11 fully aimed shots from a ISU 152 at practically point blank range, and only 3 did damage. Of those 3 that penned, 2 rolled ridiculously low on damage. (needless to say Bushka knows where to aim, like the sides and lower plate)

This kind of thing was happening to him for quite awhile that night, for many games, until he decided to run some training room stuff instead.

It's not just Blitz, the same things are happening to players in PC. Fully aimed high pen shots doing nothing against thin armor.... on one team but not the other. You can play all night and hardly ever pen paper tanks, and ride along with team mates when you are dead, and see the same happening to them.

The other night I thought I was just getting funky teams on the test server, but I'd ride along and see my poor team mates shooting repeatedly into tanks with no armor like Grills etc and having almost no damage done at point blank range. They'd even try to switch ammo types to no avail.

That was in the test server, but I'm seeing the same thing the last few months in public matches in both PC and Blitz.

I swear a bad night is even worse than before, since the last update.

Edited by Ericmopar, 13 March 2018 - 09:13 PM.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

Darth_Gerbil #7 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35846 battles
  • [CH]
The way I figure it, taking into account the player base, match making and RNG out of 100 games there will be 25 game that are unwinable,  25 games that are unloseable leaving 50 games where your performance does make a difference.  

Ericmopar #8 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3219 battles

View PostDarth_Gerbil, on 13 March 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

The way I figure it, taking into account the player base, match making and RNG out of 100 games there will be 25 game that are unwinable,  25 games that are unloseable leaving 50 games where your performance does make a difference.  

You can figure that all you want, it doesn't explain why people like Bushka and Quicky Baby are seeing the same strange bouncing shots way to often these days.

I've seen it happen to Quicky all one morning, until he got frustrated and left the Twitch stream.

He was still doing more damage than anyone else, but his damage rates are really low for him, because his perfectly aimed shots were not doing what they are supposed to.

DanAnsomeHansome #9 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34001 battles
  • [MOMS]
I’m sure rng is “fixed” to be streaky but what goes around comes around. 

superfly29erguy_1 #10 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21217 battles
  • [OLD_G]

View PostEricmopar, on 13 March 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

You can figure that all you want, it doesn't explain why people like Bushka and Quicky Baby are seeing the same strange bouncing shots way to often these days.

I've seen it happen to Quicky all one morning, until he got frustrated and left the Twitch stream.

He was still doing more damage than anyone else, but his damage rates are really low for him, because his perfectly aimed shots were not doing what they are supposed to.

Agree 100% I have seen more grey non pens since the update. Gets a bit frustrating knowing you have a clean shot only to bounce.

_Panzer_V #11 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

Aficionado of Noobery

• Players
  • 23769 battles
  • [PHOBO]

View PostApple_Pen, on 13 March 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

I think anything can be replaced with spare parts.... 

Don't give them ideas...
“If you can’t beat it, HEAT it.” --MarkGFL

More detailed stats>https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/_Panzer_V

№1 Damage record in LeKpz. M 41 90 (6,078)

Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)  

Ericmopar #12 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3219 battles

View Postsuperfly29erguy_1, on 13 March 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Agree 100% I have seen more grey non pens since the update. Gets a bit frustrating knowing you have a clean shot only to bounce.

Yep...

What's the point of having map knowledge and knowing where to flank, or where to stay hull down, or where to shot a particular tank's weak spot, if as many as two thirds of the shots bounce mysteriously.

There's more to it than that, the fools on the red team will frequently land miraculous shots, which is why people are screaming.

And there is the crux of my complaint. It's not affecting both teams equally. A person can see that by going into spectator mode and watching what is going on on both teams.

Fools on red sitting on top of ridges and taking way to long to die, while green team hull down or flanking taking mysterious numbers of pens in wiggling turrets etc.

I'm in a strange place right now.

In Blitz I've been penning some pretty wild shots from my heavies in CODs, but in PC it's just the opposite, I've been suffering the long range miracle shots, that track you while you are hull down (no arty)..... hmmmmmm...

On the PC test server last night, me and two other greens flanked on Fjords, and found the enemy arty just sitting in the open. We fell victim to mulitple shots not penning the SPGS! All of us! We came around a corner and got bounced multiple times by SPGs. Two SPGs defeated us and took almost no damage.

After 1 win in two and a half hours, I quit.

__Crusader6__ #13 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 53455 battles
  • [III]

Green/Grey Armor simply means a 66% or higher chance to pen -- not a 100% chance.

With RNG Pen values dropped from +/-25% to +/-15%, it should not really mean any less pens - as the hit skin is set to show you 66% or greater chance.

Tank Hoarder: 340 tanks in Garage:  343/343 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

RoadKutter #14 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 30132 battles
  • [III-H]
Sounds like someone needs to try Armored Warfare Assault!  :playing:

Retired due to a Noob storm, shutters are up and the hamster has been put down!

SpartacusDiablo #15 Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16404 battles
  • [III-R]
Is this another " the game is rigged and out to get me" thread?

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

WizoGT379 #16 Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6952 battles

Is there such thing as a tank that performs precisely how it was designed on every movement, every shot, everything?

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Wattsey17 #17 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23423 battles
  • [ACTIV]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 March 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Yep. 

Gets old fast. Thought forums were to discuss gameplay and give tips. Instead all people do is whine, complain, rage and say game is against them to loose.  If you don’t enjoy playing the game then plz don’t play. Not trying to be mean. Thanks.  

Enzo_Gorlami #18 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29020 battles
  • [BELLS]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 March 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

IDK about that but I know my St Emil was deliberately shoved off the bridge into the water at Castilla. :ohmy:

Wattsey17 #19 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23423 battles
  • [ACTIV]

View PostEnzo_Gorlami, on 14 March 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

IDK about that but I know my St Emil was deliberately shoved off the bridge into the water at Castilla. :ohmy:

Lol. I’ve been pushed off the bridge at canals map. 

XoBlitzkriegoX #20 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32103 battles
  • [-POD-]

RNG needs to be drastically reduced and the RNG engine needs an overhaul.

it tends to min/max far too often and creates more chaos than it solves. you cant call it avg dmg when you high and low roll constantly and use 3rd grade math to justify "Avg dmg".

ive not noticed any change in penetration changes whatsoever so imo, WG is full of shat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users