If you're good in Excelsior, then...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tbone_Trombone #1 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7154 battles
  • [DUNE_]

What's next? So I'm a 52% player, but got the Excelsior a few weeks ago, and I'm rockin 67% after 86 games. So I'm thinking that it suits my playing style (whatever that is.) Are there other British heavy's that are similar in playing style?

Or is it just that Excelsior is OP?

Thanks for your input. I don't have a whole bunch of time to go grinding new lines so I'd like to concentrate on what I would be reasonably good at.

WhiskeyCyclone #2 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21958 battles
  • [LONR]
I don't know what you're doing with the excelsior, but you might try the Brit or Russian heavy lines. I hate to say it but those and the one you are doing well in are kind of noob friendly, but as you go up in tiers the nuance comes into play. I should mention that you might be on a lucky streak, wait and see how well those stats hold up over 100 matches. Either way, good job so far and good luck.

Keep it old school. 

pokpa #3 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15697 battles

The thing about the British heavies is that the armor is not as good once you get passed the Black Prince. You'll have to think about what makes that tank work for you. Is it the armor? The gun? Something else?

Figure our what's great about it and then figure out what other tanks have it.

If I call left, they go right. If I call right, they go left. If I don't call anything, they die at the spawn. 

fangs58 #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42943 battles
  • [WHC]
You already play the Churchill I so you should know the difference in play styles between the two tanks. So you know the Excelsior does not resemble the performance of the other British heavies in tiers 5-7. For starters it as 13 degrees of gun depression and a 39 KPH top speed. Churchill I and Churchill VII both have 4 degrees of gun depression. Better hull armor but much lower top speeds. Churchill I tops out at 25 KPH and the Churchill VII at 20 KPH. The Black Prince gets some of that gun depression back, as it has 8 degrees, but still a paltry 20 KPH. These all drive and play very differently from what you are used to. IMHO the Excelsior plays more like what Bushka calls a heavium. It is also a typical WG premium; well armored, good DPM, but low pen,  and enough speed to get you to the battle but not enough that you are going to be yoloing.  If is the heavium style of play I would reccomend jumping to the 36.01H which will bring you to the Tiger 1. You can't go wrong with the Tiger 1. It might fit your style of well armored but mobile. Just my thoughts. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users