options developer mod settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

NWasabi #1 Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1770 battles
  • [OC-OC]

Dev options - an extremely useful tool that is unfortunately hidden from the common player. However, a slight modification to the game files allows you to make use of them anyway. 

NOTE: As of 4.8 WG advises against using mods. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and haven't been banned, but regardless, use at your own risk.

How to enable dev options:

Download this file, for version 4.9:

(Dropbox) https://www.dropbox....tings.yaml?dl=0

(Mediafire) http://www.mediafire...8/Settings.yaml

Go to your Blitz folder, then go to Data>UI>Screens>Common>Settings and paste the file in.

When you launch the game and go to Settings, you should find a 5th tab: 

Spoiler

Most of these options are not helpful, but "Enqueue in tutorial" will allow you to play the tutorial if you so desire (although you will not receive anything from doing so):

Spoiler

The most interesting features lie within the "Dev settings" option. Clicking it brings up a menu:

Spoiler

There are a massive amount of settings that can be played around with, but I will go through only the most important ones, at least in my opinion. Also note - not all settings will produce visible changes.

Camera fixed positions:

This setting allows you to change the position of the camera in both arcade mode and sniper mode. I'd advise not to change the sniper mode setting, otherwise you could get some wonky levels of zoom. However, changing the arcade mode view is just fine. Here is how the max arcade camera position looks like (40):

Spoiler

. . . and min (0):

Spoiler

I like to keep mine at a comfortable 14, however.

Spoiler

HUD

This setting allows you to change the size of various HUD elements.

Hit markers

Changes the font size of hit markers

Armour visualization - Global

An extremely helpful option for those that are colorblind. You can set the color of penetrable areas, non-penetrable areas, HE areas, etc.

Capture flag - Global

Allows you to change the color of bases in Supremacy mode. Again useful for those who are colorblind.

Direction arrow - Global

Allows you to change various aspects of the movement direction indicators.

HUD - Global

A bunch of miscellaneous HUD options

Hangar - Global

If notifications in the hangar annoy you, you can modify the length of time they stay on screen.

Hangar 3D - Global

Various options to change the hangar view. Probably the most useful one is FOV, however, default FOV, max FOV, and showcase FOV need to be set to the same value for things to look right. An example of what can be done using these settings (120 degrees):

Spoiler

I keep mine at 54 degrees:

Spoiler

Squad markers - Global

Lets you disable the arrow pointing in the direction of your platoon mate when platooning, among other things.

This is by no means an exhaustive list - I will continue to keep updating it as I test out each of these features. Imgur album link: https://imgur.com/a/JgXoC

Edited by NWasabi, 10 May 2018 - 05:53 AM.

WizoGT379 #2 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6999 battles
  • [RUDY]
Wow....pretty inpressive, Ima copy the link just in case a mod takes this down.

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

_The_Tactition_ #3 Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19009 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Whoa. This is insane.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Also tagged with options, developer, mod, settings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users