An Honest Proposal on How to Improve WoTB (Revision #10)

Tutorial Rating Battles Spare Parts Matchmaking Other Cool Stuff Statistics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

HumanCoookie #1 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16588 battles
  • [_STR8]

An Honest Proposal on How to Improve World of Tanks Blitz

*This will be posted in both Suggestions and Feedback and General Discussion on the forums since everything in Suggestions and Feedback is skimmed over. Both will continue to be edited and improved upon. *

Keep in mind these are my own opinions and no one needs to get mega butt hurt. Also, some suggestions on topics I write about may have previously been brought up before this post and I’m not intentionally copying/taking. Still, not to say completely some topics didn’t give me ideas to write the same or build upon what someone else wrote. Also, the numbering of the suggestions below isn't related to each of their worth (least to greatest, etc). Personally, I really like all the suggestions made, but I like 14. as it is one of the closet to the XVM mod in PC World of Tanks. Thank you to HugGigolo for reminding me/telling on 1. Tutorial (A) about the Supremacy game mode tutorial (as I forgot to write about that) and the modification of 14. Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks.

Table with Some Contents:

1. **** Tutorial (A)

2. ** Contributors 

3. **** Tutorial (B)

4. **** BlitzStars Website

5. **** Rating Battles (A)

6. — Tank Commander

7. ** Replay Feature

8. **** Military Honor System

9. — Mastery Badges

10. **** Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks

11. *** Rating Battles (B)

12. ** AI Battles

13. **** Damage Blocked 

14. **** Personal Player Categorization

15. ***  "Are You Sure You Want to Proceed?" Buttons

16. *** Spare Parts

17. ** Highest Damage Recorded for Tanks as a Statistic

18. --- Emblems on Tanks

19. **** New Epic Medals

Key:

****URGENTLY needs to be added/improved/fixed 

***Desperately needs to be added/improved/fixed

**Somewhat important suggestion

—Suggestion

Actual Suggestions Part

Hello, I’m HumanCoookie from NA server. Some of you probably know me from 1 one  of my 2 rants on this game (other was deleted, not by me). Sometimes I get EXTREMELY frustrated at this game so that leads to those rants (horrid matching, bad teams, etc.). Anyway, I have made a list of suggestions that Wargaming will hopefully read and keep some of this in the back of their Wargaming-y mind.

1. **** Tutorial (A)

Spoiler

2. ** Contributors 

Spoiler

3. **** Tutorial (B)

Spoiler

4. **** BlitzStars Website

Spoiler

5. **** Rating Battles (A)

Spoiler

6. — Tank Commander

Spoiler

7. ** Replay Feature

Spoiler

8. **** Military Honor System

Spoiler

9. — Mastery Badges

Spoiler

10. **** Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks

Spoiler

11. *** Rating Battles (B)

Spoiler

12. ** AI Battles

Spoiler

13. **** Damage Blocked 

Spoiler

14. **** Personal Player Categorization

Spoiler

15. ***  "Are You Sure You Want to Proceed?" Buttons

Spoiler

16. *** Spare Parts

Spoiler

17. **Highest Damage Recorded for Tanks as a Statistic

Spoiler

18. --- Emblems on Tanks

Spoiler

19. **** New Epic Medals

Spoiler

Well ThAt WaS COoL

Well, those were some ideas I had to improve this game. I will add more suggestions at later dates. Some suggestions currently here right now sound pretty useful and some are dumb. OK, bye.

*EDIT 1: Fixed some spelling/grammatical errors and insanely huge font size. 2/2/18

*EDIT 2: Fixed more spelling/grammatical errors and added another suggestion (9. Mastery Badges). 2/4/18

*EDIT 3: Adjusted font size and added more suggestions (12. AI Battles, 13. Damage Blocked, 10. Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks, and 11. Rating Battles (B) ). 2/5/18

*EDIT 4: Numbered suggestions (numbering doesn't equal suggestion's worth), edited some suggestion names, edited introduction, and added a suggestion (14. Personal Player Categorization). 2/10/18

*EDIT 5: Fixed even more grammatical errors as well as update the introduction and modified some suggestions. 1. Tutorial (A) and 10. Improved Matchmaking of Players/Tanks had parts of their contents modified thanks to HugGigolo's feedback! Besides those two, most of all the suggestions were edited due to grammatical errors to provide more clarity. 2/12/18

*EDIT 6: Edited the edit section and modified the title of this post. Also, a new suggestion was added (15. "Are You Sure You Want to Proceed?" Buttons) due to unwanted recent experiences. 2/14/18

*EDIT 7: Added a table of contents, added tags to post, changed font size of sub headings, fixed some grammatical errors, edited title of post, and added a new suggestion (16. Spare Parts). (Also, I pressed Ctrl+[random button] and something happened, so um... ignore any stuff that looks odd). 2/25/18

*EDIT 8: Added a new topic tag and suggestion (17. Highest Damage Recorded for Tanks as a Statistic). 3/7/18

*EDIT 9: Added new bold texts to some suggestions, changed font to Times New Roman, edited thread title, added spoilers to each suggestion, added some new suggestions (18. Emblems on Tanks and 19. New Epic Medals). 3/20/18

*EDIT 10: Added in a new spoiler (forgot to add to one), edited thread title, and added a new into to intro. 3/21/18

Edited by HumanCoookie, 21 March 2018 - 06:09 AM.

I semi left the forums. I only edit my tutorial and suggestions threads and post WoTB videos. Why I semi left.

My suggestions thread for game improvement (now on Google Docs)

also i lerned to hyperlink yay

HumanCoookie #2 Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16588 battles
  • [_STR8]

Yes, this is the same thread as the one on Suggestions and Feedback. I choose to post this here on General Discussion, as well since Suggestions and Feedback is really only skimmed over. Both will be updated and revised and both and neither one of the threads will be deleted (at least by me). 

Edited by HumanCoookie, 21 March 2018 - 06:08 AM.

I semi left the forums. I only edit my tutorial and suggestions threads and post WoTB videos. Why I semi left.

WizoGT379 #3 Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7113 battles
  • [RUDY]
Why does this look like they copied it from another site?

I’m sampling the retiree life, of Blitz, not sure if I’ll be returning, but thanks for all of your advice and fun.

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

HugGigolo #4 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22286 battles
  • [AGILE]

Re: point 10.

Improved Matchmaking should be called Rebalancing Players. In other words, If you're awful, you get rebalanced with good teammates. If you're great, you get rebalanced with bad teammates! New players who suck will be delighted to know it doesn't matter because they'll still get ~50% chance of winning. You know all those guides to improving that we all watch and read? Armour angling, map guides, knowing your role, blah blah blah blah. Get better and get..... rebalanced? Sounds compelling, I'll get right on that.

On the plus side, it does remove the incentive to upgrade, equip and provision our tanks. Why waste credits, spare parts and xp on stuff that doesn't get us up the tech tree when MM will recognize your improved performance and rebalance you?  Remember 3.h8? 2.h8? We can put all that behind us as we run around in stock or near-stock tanks and it won't really matter. That's a win!

It wouldn't "completely balance" the teams? Sounds like the new game is not to "git gud," but to figure out the best ways to "hack" the matchmaker! We can all swap ideas and theories on how to win while flying under the matchmaker's radar. Bushka's videos can switch from showing off good gameplay ideas to exploiting the matchmaker's blind spots. And the best part is, the challenge will never end! WG will patch blind spots in their "smart" matchmaker and we'll have to find new ways to "hack" the system.

-------------------

Look, we all hate bad teams. This morning I had four battles in a row where my team died in the first 2-3 minutes and I wanted to throw my coffee at the wall. But random matchmaking is actually important. It's why Win Rate is a relevant stat (and why Rated battles don't affect WR). It's why we have Unicums in the first place. It's why we all work on improving our skill and our tanks to get better in the first place. You may have a point re: the tanks on each team, but player skill-based matchmaking for random battles will just introduce more problems that it fixes. Superficially it might feel better for awhile, but in the medium-long term it wouldn't be healthy for the game.

Edited by HugGigolo, 21 March 2018 - 12:21 PM.

krietenstein34 #5 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29586 battles
  • [HAHA]
Someone needs a GF/ BF............... 
:girl:

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24556 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostHumanCoookie, on 20 March 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Yes, this is the same thread as the one on Suggestions and Feedback. I choose to post this here on General Discussion, as well since Suggestions and Feedback is really only skimmed over. Both will be updated and revised and both and neither one of the threads will be deleted (at least by me). 

double posting is a violation of the forum rules 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

HumanCoookie #7 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16588 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 21 March 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

double posting is a violation of the forum rules 

Ayyyyy, that’s pretty gud

HumanCoookie #8 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16588 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostHugGigolo, on 21 March 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Re: point 10.

Improved Matchmaking should be called Rebalancing Players. In other words, If you're awful, you get rebalanced with good teammates. If you're great, you get rebalanced with bad teammates! New players who suck will be delighted to know it doesn't matter because they'll still get ~50% chance of winning. You know all those guides to improving that we all watch and read? Armour angling, map guides, knowing your role, blah blah blah blah. Get better and get..... rebalanced? Sounds compelling, I'll get right on that.

On the plus side, it does remove the incentive to upgrade, equip and provision our tanks. Why waste credits, spare parts and xp on stuff that doesn't get us up the tech tree when MM will recognize your improved performance and rebalance you?  Remember 3.h8? 2.h8? We can put all that behind us as we run around in stock or near-stock tanks and it won't really matter. That's a win!

It wouldn't "completely balance" the teams? Sounds like the new game is not to "git gud," but to figure out the best ways to "hack" the matchmaker! We can all swap ideas and theories on how to win while flying under the matchmaker's radar. Bushka's videos can switch from showing off good gameplay ideas to exploiting the matchmaker's blind spots. And the best part is, the challenge will never end! WG will patch blind spots in their "smart" matchmaker and we'll have to find new ways to "hack" the system.

-------------------

Look, we all hate bad teams. This morning I had four battles in a row where my team died in the first 2-3 minutes and I wanted to throw my coffee at the wall. But random matchmaking is actually important. It's why Win Rate is a relevant stat (and why Rated battles don't affect WR). It's why we have Unicums in the first place. It's why we all work on improving our skill and our tanks to get better in the first place. You may have a point re: the tanks on each team, but player skill-based matchmaking for random battles will just introduce more problems that it fixes. Superficially it might feel better for awhile, but in the medium-long term it wouldn't be healthy for the game.

Having balanced teams, such as everyone in a team had 50% WR, then everyone’s WR would be 50%. That would give a 50% chance of winning each game, that stops people from having 60%+WR. Somewhat balanced teams would allow that, and that was to make a point all 30%er teams vs all 50%er teams shouldn’t happen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users