Why do so many people hate American tanks?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SanguinaryDan #21 Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

American tanks don’t suck (except the T28) and anyone who says they do is just too lazy to learn their play style. Are there some bad tanks in the stable?  You better believe it. But there are also some tanks that will pummel everything the MM could throw at them. 

Any of the Light tanks with a 37mm gun is a weak link in your team.

All American tanks from Tier V and up require incredible care not to expose the hull sides or rear.

The models with 76mm guns are deadly. Against lower Tiers.

But once you get to Tier VII you are the equal if not superior to everything on the field. As long as you fight your battle and don’t get sucked into the enemy’s sweet spot. With hills and ridges to work from, you own the game. On streets and other flat areas you are in deep trouble unless you are nicknamed “Doom Turtle”.

Edited by SanguinaryDan, 17 April 2018 - 11:36 AM.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

tcamp48 #22 Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 96477 battles
  • [III-S]
T34 Indy..... this my response. I have over 5K matches in this tank alone and its a beast. My fave tier VIII.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

fangs58 #23 Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 85544 battles
  • [WHC]

View PostStorm216, on 24 March 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

Who is saying that American tanks suck?

I think what the OP is referring to is the generalized statements that are made by some reviewers, i.e. American tanks are jacks of all trades and masters of none. And if you look at a lot of the discussions people are always calling for buffs of this American tank or tank line. Things like that. The broad strokes statements. Russian bias, which I am sure exist to some small degree,  is probably more prevalent among the players then it is in the game and the vehicles itself. IMHO drive what you like and what fits your play style. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

MajorPrictor #24 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16453 battles
  • [BUNGA]

I think the American tanks have great guns but I seem to bleed credits no matter how well I play. at tier 6 it  seem like I have to go premium to earn credits in American tanks. I'm driving lights and meds. Anyone else? just me?

Dominator702 #25 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:08 PM

The Camping Wuss

• Players
  • 21521 battles
  • [D33DZ]

View PostMajorPrictor, on 10 April 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

I think the American tanks have great guns but I seem to bleed credits no matter how well I play. at tier 6 it  seem like I have to go premium to earn credits in American tanks. I'm driving lights and meds. Anyone else? just me?

I don’t play meds or lights, but the heavies don’t have that problem except the e5 or any tier ten for that matter

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

My stats:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dominator702

Weather they’re good or bad I wear them with pride!

fangs58 #26 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 85544 battles
  • [WHC]

View PostMajorPrictor, on 10 April 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

They are good tanks but bad money earners at tier 6, I think most are a couple of percentage points lower than their counter parts. The 128 pen and 160 alpha can have you reaching into your premium ammo wallet too so that means even fewer credits earned. You can make money with them but you need to do about 1000 damage to even get out of the black. I play them because I like them. I have other tanks that make cash so that I can afford to play them. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

outersketcher #27 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13494 battles

You know that guy you see driving around town in his beat up Chevy/Ford pickup? The one with the chipped paint and dented side? 

And we all know that when the whooie hits the fan, when the snow piles up, when the rain and mud clog the streets, when you've got to move grammas couch across town late on a saturday night?... Yah, that guy and his ratty pickup will get the job done.

That's how I feel about the American line.

Nothing special about them.. but in the hands of a competent driver and tactician.. deadly as hell.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users