mods 4.8

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10728 battles
  • [COD]

If we could all put aside our cash-grab theories, I think I see why WG is banning mods temporarily. On 4 different occasions I have been called a cheater, after either some nice RNG or after a clutch win, etc. On 3 of the 4 occasions, the people accusing me were below 45% win rate.

"How did you bounce that shot? Oh, I know, you used an armor mod!" —paraphrase of someone after bouncing off my Comet's mantlet.

"How did you start those fires in that E50? Oh, I know, you used hitskins!" —paraphrase of someone who thought it was physically impossible to start 2 fires in a row on someone who didn't carry repair kits.

"Why couldn't I shoot you? Oh, I know, you hacked my device!" —paraphrase of someone who didn't know what lag was, and who claimed he was an expert on the mechanics of video games because he was an avid arcade game player back in the Stone Age.

I think you're getting my drift. Once again the window-lickers are just, well, vigorously licking windows, and those bogus "hacker!" claims that I've experienced are just the tip of the iceberg; imagine, if an average player like me can provoke 4 Customer Service tickets, how many tickets a unicum player produces. What do you think?

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:42 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21170 battles
  • [III-R]
I think you may be on to something.  All I have to do is watch my 12 year old play an online game to confirm your theory.  Any time someone kills him I hear grumbling about hackers, cheaters, and try hards.  Some players just can't accept that there are better players out there.  I'm working on him though.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

cheesehead247365 #3 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10694 battles
  • [-EZ-]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 March 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

window-lickers are just, well, vigorously licking windows

LOL

NICKEL_AND_DIME #4 Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 52004 battles
  • [III]

I have been accused of hacking when I use subtle techniques that some can't understand.  But there are things I have seen that to me seem impossible...

I have crew skills maxed out - all of them (at least until the update).  I run tanks at 100% crew as well.  I use equipment on everything and I invest full equipment on the tanks I play often, or try to have for competitive play.  Yet I cannot take a tank with bad gun depression and an inaccurate cannon and drive full speed over hills and pen tanks 90% of the time on the move.  I can't do it.  BUT I HAVE SEEN IT DONE.  I have not seen how this is attainable on this forum or in YouTube videos, but aiming mods seem to explain the possibility.

Am I wrong? 

_THECRIMSONCHIN #5 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28665 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Get back to your class! Exams today you shouldn't be on the forums during school >:(. Excellence period is for studying :D

I suck. 

NoobieDude #6 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3140 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 27 March 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

I think you may be on to something. All I have to do is watch my 12 year old play an online game to confirm your theory. Any time someone kills him I hear grumbling about hackers, cheaters, and try hards. Some players just can't accept that there are better players out there. I'm working on him though.

i was just gonna say: time to have a sit-down with the kid. :B but i see this has been in the works. my dad took away all my participation trophies. and made me understand life doesn't work this way. ( thanx dad. and granpa too.)

and +1 to U.M. for the best observation text. ( window-lickers are just, well, vigorously licking windows, )

isn't this why they took cat chat away to begin with also?. at least thats what ive been told. lots of tickets from the unwashed masses.

Edited by NoobieDude, 27 March 2018 - 03:22 PM.

Dark_Magician_Girl #7 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 32294 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 March 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

If we could all put aside our cash-grab theories, I think I see why WG is banning mods temporarily. On 4 different occasions I have been called a cheater, after either some nice RNG or after a clutch win, etc. On 3 of the 4 occasions, the people accusing me were below 45% win rate.

"How did you bounce that shot? Oh, I know, you used an armor mod!" —paraphrase of someone after bouncing off my Comet's mantlet.

"How did you start those fires in that E50? Oh, I know, you used hitskins!" —paraphrase of someone who thought it was physically impossible to start 2 fires in a row on someone who didn't carry repair kits.

"Why couldn't I shoot you? Oh, I know, you hacked my device!" —paraphrase of someone who didn't know what lag was, and who claimed he was an expert on the mechanics of video games because he was an avid arcade game player back in the Stone Age.

I think you're getting my drift. Once again the window-lickers are just, well, vigorously licking windows, and those bogus "hacker!" claims that I've experienced are just the tip of the iceberg; imagine, if an average player like me can provoke 4 Customer Service tickets, how many tickets a unicum player produces. What do you think?

Look no further than the exemplary moron known as DMUSA, who said on recording that whenever I bounced a shot I used a damage mod or when I got shot in the butt and didn't get set on fire I was using some kind of damage blocking hack.  I kid you not, they said "I believe this player is using some sort of damage mod."

:D:D:D:D

The stupidity of these people is almost infinite.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

9_V0LT #8 Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6948 battles
  • [OGRE]

I have been messaged after a battle and been accused of using a DoS hack, to induce lag on their team. 

The ridiculousness of that aside, I do believe this announcement by WG of a mod crackdown, must be fueled by some new REAL hack out there. One that can materially change game mechanics or perhaps something in the transaction process. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

DanAnsomeHansome #9 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36400 battles
  • [CYCLN]

I hear they also like to eat pumpkins. Not sure if it’s raw or cooked in like a pie form though.

HugGigolo #10 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 March 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Lol armour mod? I’ve never seen such lunatic accusations. Someone needs to explain to them about server-side hit detection and so on.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #11 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10728 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_THECRIMSONCHIN, on 27 March 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Get back to your class! Exams today you shouldn't be on the forums during school >:(. Excellence period is for studying :D

Father! How did you find out!?

nino223 #12 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

The Raven

• Players
  • 25796 battles
  • [ADG]

“an avid video gamer back in the Stone Age”

Easy with that with that Stone Age crack.  :trollface: 

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #13 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10728 battles
  • [COD]

View Post9_V0LT, on 27 March 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I have been messaged after a battle and been accused of using a DoS hack, to induce lag on their team. 

The ridiculousness of that aside, I do believe this announcement by WG of a mod crackdown, must be fueled by some new REAL hack out there. One that can materially change game mechanics or perhaps something in the transaction process. 

A "real" hack—as in their servers getting ratted? That ain't caused by some free mod. That's the only way I can imagine DMG gets his damage mod :P

DustyDeath_1 #14 Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1426 battles
  • [HAUNT]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 27 March 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Lol now and then I actually do see someone say that and guess what they do also, give you a complaint, tell others to complaint you, and send spam messages saying a cuss word over and over again.... I'd just block and then report em for harrassment :teethhappy:

Mhmmm I see that wee little Vindicator out in ze the open, You can't catch me Vindi, as I, am The T6 DRACULA MWAHAHAHA.

Herbie_N124 #15 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9951 battles
  • [TS2]

I'm am an avid / solid 43%-er.   Regardless of being terrible, whenever I manage to pull off ANYTHING worthwhile in a game, I typically get called a hacker.  

Similar scenarios as well, someone just doesn't get spotting mechanics or getting shot in the a$$ with HE.  ...or that sitting broadside in front of me isn't "holding the line", even I can make that shot. 

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

Bronyman50 #16 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26415 battles
  • [MRKVM]
I don’t get why people think they can mod tanks. It’s alteady been shown this game is a server based game not a client one, meaning they would have first off, hack the entire wargaming server network, somehow make that hack untraceable, then they would need to change the server side stats to make the armor thicker, and then make all the client devices accept that new change. Furthermore, that would mean ALL of the people who are going to use the Modded tank, would have the same stats! So you’re basically shooting your self in the foot! No the only possible mods are A) Module Hit Skins, B) Autoaim Mods, C) Environment Distruction Mods, D) Hit Detector Mods that give you an exact tracer trail.

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

NoobieDude #17 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3140 battles
  • [CYRUS]
the good haxers can do this. but my god the cost for this could be astronomical. why go to that trouble for a online game?

reluctanttheist #18 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:32 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24241 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostNoobieDude, on 27 March 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

the good haxers can do this. but my god the cost for this could be astronomical. why go to that trouble for a online game?

​I really don't think it's possible - other than DoS.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

j0nn0 #19 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 17653 battles
  • [XREGS]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 27 March 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

I have been accused of hacking when I use subtle techniques that some can't understand.  But there are things I have seen that to me seem impossible...

I have crew skills maxed out - all of them (at least until the update).  I run tanks at 100% crew as well.  I use equipment on everything and I invest full equipment on the tanks I play often, or try to have for competitive play.  Yet I cannot take a tank with bad gun depression and an inaccurate cannon and drive full speed over hills and pen tanks 90% of the time on the move.  I can't do it.  BUT I HAVE SEEN IT DONE.  I have not seen how this is attainable on this forum or in YouTube videos, but aiming mods seem to explain the possibility.

Am I wrong? 

Haven’t seen too much of that but I know that I’ve pulled off some [edited]shots, 150-300 meters out while on the move, before. You just go incredulous for a moment and then chalk it up to RNG. If you’re talking about moving and shooting within 100 meters, it is also a matter of RNG, but aiming through sniper mode and knowing terrain elevations as you move helps a lot in tipping the odds in your favor. Don’t forget about the light crew skill that auto-corrects the projectile trajectory 5(?)% of the time when not fully aimed. It adjusts for center mass, but gets clutch shots if you’re lucky and your target doesn’t veer around after you fire.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #20 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36373 battles
  • [DUNE_]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 27 March 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Am I wrong? 

I too was mystified by this. sometimes I think it is RNG, but after watching my kid who plays on kbm, I saw him pulling off amazing things, like: flying around the battlefield in his LTTB, and using auto aim to fire at tanks behind him without even looking. While doing so, he makes most shots, at least while I am watching. An auto aim feature that allows you to continue to auto aim while the target is out of your FOV, allowing you to pay attention to where you are driving, is a massive game changer and can make it seem, to those of us who have only played on touch, like magic. (NOTE: I am not re-engaging in the religious war between auto aim on touch versus kbm, I am just making a point about perspective and possibilities).

Even with the caveat of the advantages of either platform being mysterious to players of the other platform, I think RNG is the most critical player here. I have made snap shots that just blow my mind. I have been blown to bits by KV2s 100 meters away moving at full tilt and turning their turrets where my tank must have filled about 2% of the space in their reticle. . . . I have been racked while moving at 70kph in my RU . . . I have bounced shots off my Waffle.  . . I have been set on fire three times in a row. I have been accused of being a hacker for bouncing shots, making shots, or just generally playing well, and I have been downmarked as inactive or unsporting for getting lit up and blown to bits while spotting and for having those RNG moments where every shot seems to bounce.

Hopefully the new anti-mod rules will at least cut back on the amount of people calling "hacker" but I doubt that. if they paid enough attention to know that mods are banned, they would already know better than to think others are hacking. . .

Edited by _Duncan_Idaho_, 27 March 2018 - 06:55 PM.

Also tagged with mods, 4.8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users